PDA

View Full Version : Big announcement for Final Fantasy VII very soon

Dreddz
07-11-2008, 06:47 PM
N4G.com : A big Announcement for Final Fantasy VII very soon. (http://www.n4g.com/events_e32008/News-168217.aspx)

According to Tetsuya Nomura a big announcement for FFVII will accompany the release date for FFVII advent children blu-ray edition.

It'll probably be announced at E3. Considering I enjoyed Crisis Core so much I'm actually interested about whats going to be announced. Maybe they can finally announce the remake to shut everyone up.

Raebus
07-11-2008, 06:50 PM
Haha, I highly doubt anyone will get the blue ray version of Advent Children but then again, it'll probably be snapped up by the fans which just makes me chuckle and sigh at the same time.

PeneloRatsbane
07-11-2008, 06:52 PM
omg if its a remake!!! i am like totally gunna pass out and rob someone so i can buy a Ps3. I can just see it now! the world is ready for it.
even if it isn't about a remake i'm still gunna be excited. I can't believe XII replaced VII as my fave last year. I was so lost but now i am found
i don't care about the shame

Raebus
07-11-2008, 07:02 PM
I'm all in favour of a remake, it'll finally shut them all up.

Dreddz
07-11-2008, 07:15 PM
If it is a remake then a little part of me will die inside.

Heath
07-11-2008, 07:40 PM
In b4 Nomura announces that FFVII will be ported to the PSP or something.

The Crystal
07-11-2008, 11:59 PM
Probably an announcement about the next game of the Compilation. More likely, the "sequel" to Dirge of Cerberus.

Jessweeee♪
07-12-2008, 01:10 AM
I don't think we'll be seeing any more sequels or anything xD

I'm thinking a remake of some sort. A remake would be pretty great! Put a bunch of extra stuff in there, too! New weapons, new minigames, new materia, a better outfit for Cloud that isn't purple, maybe a different battle system! Iunno if I want that to change or not. Then they can leave FFVII alone and never touch it again.

...and the remake would have to come on the Xbox 360 or Wii if not a handheld because I don't and probably never will have a PS3 ._.

The Crystal
07-12-2008, 01:49 AM
A sequel is inevitable, Jessweeee♪. Just go to YouTube and search for Dirge of Cerberus' secret ending. Then you will understand.

Big D
07-12-2008, 02:59 AM
Yeah, I'm imagining a fairly huge sequel to conclude the compilation. Something that wraps up the Genesis thread created by Crisis Core and Dirge of Cerberus. Getting the whole gang back together again, plus the new characters they've picked up. It'd be a good way to end the series on a high note, with everything finally resolved.

Either that, or they'll just be announcing a re-release of the original game or whatever.

Jessica_wohoo
07-12-2008, 05:25 AM
This could be interesting. I'm really hoping for a remake or maybe a sequel :)

Dragonsoul
07-12-2008, 06:52 AM
Here's the article that the original link links to...
Final Fantasy World (http://ffworld.com/?rub=news&page=voir&id=1108)
Translated version of the article...
Translated version of http://ffworld.com/?rub=news&page=voir&id=1108 (http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fffworld.com%2F%3Frub%3Dnews%26page%3Dvoir%26id%3D1108&hl=en&ie=UTF8&sl=auto&tl=en)

Translated text..
In an interview with Japanese magazine Dengeki PlayStation, Tetsuya Nomura offers some interesting details about Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Complete, Blu-ray version of the film out there is already a certain time. We thought so far only a few bits of footage had been added, but little information and a complete absence of release date proved to be quite strange. In fact, according to Nomura, these are passages of the whole scenario that have been added and others who have been modified. In the end, the film should win in length and density. The Japanese release date has been decided, but it will have to wait (probably to the event DK Σ3713 in early August) so that it is unveiled. Nomura also notes that a big announcement that should accompany the release date, without giving more details ... Such vagueness should encourage the wildest rumours.

Tetsuya Nomura is also rapidly on the development of Final Fantasy XIII Versus, a topic that had already provoked a general cafouillage a few weeks ago. The director of Thursday confides that the team is currently working above is very reduced, for the simple reason that the team is dedicated kinematics especially Advent Children Complete and programmers lend a hand to those of FFXIII. No, really, Versus XIII should not arrive before long ... As a consolation, we can expect to have FFXIII faster.

---

Here's another article...
PS3 News: Square-Enix: "Big Announcement Prepared For FFVII" (http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/3384.html)
That article says that the announcement is related to FF VII and unrelated to FF VII: Advent Children Blu-Ray. Maybe they are announcing a new title in the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII series. Maybe they are announcing a remake/port of Final Fantasy VII. If they do this second option, that means that they will announce remakes of FF V and FF VI at the same time. Also, if the FF VII remake is announced, I wonder if it would be for DS 2 and/or PS 3? Oh and if it's announced for DS 2, that would be unlikely since DS 2 isn't announced yet. If so they'd just say they are developing for handheld but don't get specific on it.

This is big news coming up! ... on another note, it appears that the only rpg I'm looking forward to this Fall for Usa is Chrono Trigger. I just hope that they include Radical Dreamers! :)

Rase
07-12-2008, 07:37 AM
I will only accept a FFVII rhythm game set in the Honeybee Manor or an Animal Crossing clone. Any other announcement will be a disappointment.

Dragonsoul
07-12-2008, 11:37 AM
I can't wait! We finally got the Blizzard Invitational over with where Diablo 3 was announced. Now we are all excited about E3 coming up but Square Enix is not putting their top new games there. They are having their own event in early August with their top games, we'll have to look forward to that! If Square Enix doesn't announce any signifigant information about Final Fantasy XIII in early August I'll be upset, I want information! :cool:

Dreddz
07-12-2008, 12:06 PM
...and the remake would have to come on the Xbox 360 or Wii if not a handheld because I don't and probably never will have a PS3 ._.

Considering he said it in a Playstation magazine should indicate it is going to be for PSP or PS3, if it is even a game. And FFVII was actually published by Sony so I doubt we'll see it arrive on Microsofts or Nintendo's console.

ljkkjlcm9
07-13-2008, 04:03 AM
I actually heard the FFVII was already announced for the PS3 and even had a set release date as November 11th, of this year.

THE JACKAL

Yar
07-13-2008, 04:28 AM
I'm sure whatever it is, it is bound to give Squeenix millions of dollars that could be better spent on things like groceries, gasoline, and Chrono Trigger remakes.

AaronSOLDIER
07-14-2008, 03:31 PM
If the remake was true, I highly doubt it'll be on anything but the PS3, since everything FF7 is out on sony platforms, apart from before crisis:

FF7 - PS1, PC
DC - PS2
CC - PSP

even advent children was sony pictures

PS3 is the only PlayStation without an FF7 title, so its likely it'll be on PS3, even if its not the remake, but if it is the remake, theres a chance it'll be on PC like the original, but I doubt that too...

Vyk
07-14-2008, 04:48 PM
They're putting FF7 on PSN. That's HUGE in their opinion ;P

Egami
07-14-2008, 07:22 PM
A remake of FF VII for PS3 would simply detonate!

But I think that if it is going to happen it would be after they release FF XIII and XIII versus, not before.

Egami

Levian
07-14-2008, 08:27 PM
An FFVII Remake would be a Huge announcement. A Big announcement is probably just a cellphone game or a port or something

Dreddz
07-17-2008, 12:50 PM
E3 2008: One More Final Fantasy XIII Interview (http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3168827&)

The announcement is confirmed to be on August 2nd or 3rd. Apparently it is going to shock the attendee's to the show. Whatever you say so Square, just make sure its not another god-damn cell phone game.

Egami
07-17-2008, 01:03 PM
The announcement is confirmed to be on August 2nd or 3rd. Apparently it is going to shock the attendee's to the show. Whatever you say so Square, just make sure its not another god-damn cell phone game.

The only announcement related to FF VII that would shock people and which they would hype the way they are <st1:PersonName w:st="on">do</st1:PersonName>ing now is a remake of FF VII (hopefully for PS3!). It is really what almost everyone wants and is waiting for. I remember there was a 10 year anniversary exhibition of the game not long ago that had the slogan "the best is yet to come"...perhaps it was referring to this announcement they will make?

Dragonsoul
07-17-2008, 02:59 PM
When I read an earlier article it didn't make it clear whether or the announcement was actually for Final Fantasy VII, this article makes it clearer that it's for Final Fantasy VII I believe, but also makes it seem like the announcement may be related to Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete, like maybe a game based on the movie, or another movie? Matrix Software is probably too busy right now porting Final Fantasy V to be working on a Final Fantasy VI or Final Fantasy VII enhanced remake, if the plan is to make these games for DS and then for DS 2. I don't think it's likely to get a FF VII remake announcement for a couple more years, although it'll happen eventually. :choc2:!

Yar
07-17-2008, 06:44 PM
When I read an earlier article it didn't make it clear whether or the announcement was actually for Final Fantasy VII, this article makes it clearer that it's for Final Fantasy VII I believe, but also makes it seem like the announcement may be related to Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete, like maybe a game based on the movie, or another movie? Matrix Software is probably too busy right now porting Final Fantasy V to be working on a Final Fantasy VI or Final Fantasy VII enhanced remake, if the plan is to make these games for DS and then for DS 2. I don't think it's likely to get a FF VII remake announcement for a couple more years, although it'll happen eventually. :choc2:!

Source? :tongue:

I don't think V or VI are going to DS; at least yet.

I think VII fans might be disappointed with a VII remake. They may be wanting to reëxperience the way they felt the first time they played through VII, but it may be unattainable now because they've already played the game.

Vyk
07-17-2008, 06:59 PM
There's a certain feel and atmosphere they can easily recreate. I'm not clamoring for a remake, but if I had one, I wouldn't expect to reexperience the awe of something new. Just something special. With polish

The Crystal
07-17-2008, 07:07 PM
Square-Enix: "Guess what people?! There will be more 20 years of FFVII!!11one" :p

Seriously now... Nomura said that he would like to make another CGI movie about Cloud. I bet the "big announcement" is about that.

Vyk
07-17-2008, 07:19 PM
Of course. They have to flesh out his traumatic childhood of being ignored by Tifa and friends

Everything (again) that you (n)ever wanted to know about Cloud

skyless
07-17-2008, 10:08 PM
Of course. They have to flesh out his traumatic childhood of being ignored by Tifa and friends

That kinda made me LOL

So the official announcement is like to be out at August?

p.s the FFVII cash cow is safe and sound.

Rase
07-17-2008, 10:31 PM
Square-Enix: "Guess what people?! There will be more 20 years of FFVII!!11one" :p
More or less. (http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3151012)

The company actually views FFVII as a 20-year project. That probably doesn't mean Square Enix is cooking up two decades worth of Cloud and Sephiroth-themed videogames, but it's been ten years since the original, and we still haven't received our next-generation remake, so maybe that will float FFVII through the next ten.

Raebus
07-17-2008, 10:39 PM
Well, thank you SE for prolonging the life of FF7 and giving us more fanboys for years to come.

Carl the Llama
07-18-2008, 01:51 AM
I hope to god that it is a remake... just bought a PS3 and also just finnished Crisis Core FFVII, so with FFVII for the PS3 my happyness will be complete xD

Vyk
07-18-2008, 01:55 AM
FF7 Themed MMO

Fans orgasm

Haters heart failure

Dragonsoul
07-18-2008, 03:32 AM

Source? :tongue:

I don't think V or VI are going to DS; at least yet.

I think VII fans might be disappointed with a VII remake. They may be wanting to reëxperience the way they felt the first time they played through VII, but it may be unattainable now because they've already played the game.

Final Fantasy V and VI for DS are not announced yet but I'm pretty sure they will come out as 3d remakes.

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children is nearly the same team as Kingdom Final Fantasy Versus XIII. This team also made all three Kingdom Hearts games out so far. The three upcoming Kingdom Hearts games are made by seperate teams but Tetsuya Nomura and Shinji Hashimoto have some supervisory type involvement. Anyways, I don't know if they can announced another FF VII cg movie since if they did it would probably be from the same team as the FF VII: AC movie, and this team is busy making FF Versus XIII right now. I don't think they'll announce a FF VII remake yet, it's a bit too soon and they haven't announced a FF V or FF VI remake yet. I don't know what the announcement is going to be but considering somebody from Square Enix already said that there is going to be a big announcement, I'm excited.

Maybe they'll announce a Usa version of Final Fantasy VII: Before Crisis. Maybe a new FF VII game that isn't a movie or a remake. Or maybe the news is mistranslated and/or misunderstood and this news isn't related to Final Fantasy VII. I wonder if it's possible that this news came out before the FF XIII Xbox 360 announcement was made and this is the announcement they were talking about but it got pushed forward to E3.

If you are looking for another idea here's a big one, maybe they will finally give more information on the mmorpg that the FF XI team is making, code named Rapture. Maybe they will tell us what Final Fantasy Haeresis XIII is. Or maybe they will announce that these two games are the same game? I'm excited! :)!!!

By the way, I want a Usa release announcement for Sigma Harmonics! :choc2:!!!

Jessweeee♪
07-18-2008, 03:56 AM
Holy sweet god.

I must buy a PS3 NOW.

FFVII was never my favorite Final Fantasy, but I did like it and I would love to see/play any future parts of it. Except Dirge or Cerberus, just not my kinda game.

The Crystal
07-18-2008, 04:17 AM
FF7 Themed MMO

Fans orgasm

Haters heart failure

They already tried that with DoC Online, and it was a disaster. I doubt they will risk themselves again.

Dragonsoul
07-18-2008, 05:50 AM
What's DoC online?
List of Square Enix games - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Square_Enix_games)

On that site it shows that Square Enix has made Final Fantasy XI and Front Mission Online, plus worked with another company to make Concerto Gate.

The Final Fantasy XI is currently developing another mmorpg, codenamed Rapture, but they may also be developing a fifth expansion pack for FF XI. I don't know what the Front Mission Online people are doing right now. Since the leader of Front Mission, Toshiro Tsuchida, started working on Final Fantasy XIII as the battle director a few years back, the Front Mission game production has slowed down a bit. After making Front Mission 5 and Front Mission Online, they made Front Mission 2089, Front Mission 2089-II, and DS ports of Front Mission 2089 and Front Mission 1 were also made. Some Front Mission team members teamed up with Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles team members, plus Motomu Toriyama, to make the city building rpg, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King, while Toshiro Tsuchida is busy working on Final Fantasy XIII as battle director.

Square Enix's upcoming Rapture, mmorpg, we don't know much information about it, here's info on it...
Rapture (video game - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapture_(video_game))
...it would be interesting if this turned out to be a FF VII related Mmorpg, Vyk, I wonder if this is probable? :choc2:?!

Dreddz
07-18-2008, 01:23 PM
Some people are so stupid. There is nothing shocking about a FFVII remake if it was on PS3. 360 on the other hand......

Egami
07-18-2008, 04:20 PM
...360 on the other hand......

If it is released in both consoles it would not be a big deal. But if it is released as a 360 exclusive I would cry. :p

Mirage
07-18-2008, 05:03 PM
A FF7 remake will be a nice addition to the Xbox 360 game library.

The Crystal
07-18-2008, 05:13 PM
What's DoC online?

Dirge of Cerberus Online. A game were you played as a Deep-Ground soldier before the events of DoC. It tells, a little more in depth, the story of the DG facility, and about the colored Tsviets.

If you are interested, you can find the cutscenes of the Story Mode, on YouTube.

Dreddz
07-18-2008, 07:10 PM
If it is released in both consoles it would not be a big deal. But if it is released as a 360 exclusive I would cry. :p

There's a lot of theory's going around this. Some say that Sony struck a deal with Square that if FFXIII went multiplatform the remake would be exclusive to PS3. Not a bad deal if you ask me. Plus some think that the reason Microsoft held back the Bungie announcement was to counter attack the announcement of the FFVII remake. But to be honest not even Halo 4 would be able to take the attention away, a FFVII remake would be too huge.

I hope if it is announced that it is a PS3 exclusive, just for the sake that the PS3 needs more RPG's, and a FFVII remake would definitely make up for the lack of them. I'm still against the remake personally, good games don't need to be remade. I think the best thing that could come out of this would be a full blown sequel. I like FFVII and Crisis Core so I'm all for it.

Roto13
07-18-2008, 08:21 PM
They should just release the original on the PSN and get to making more new games. I'm all for updating old games for play on current gen consoles (like releasing old movies on DVD or Bluray, so I don't have to dust off my crappy old VHS player for them), but I think that's pretty much all that needs to be done with them.

Egami
07-18-2008, 08:54 PM
But to be honest not even Halo 4 would be able to take the attention away, a FFVII remake would be too huge.

I agree. Personally, I would be more excited about a remake of FFVII for PS3 than I am about FFXIII. Perhaps Sony did trade the exclusivity of XIII for that of VII. If they do that, I think that is a good move.

Jessweeee♪
07-18-2008, 09:45 PM
FFVII Wii Remake.

Just watch.

Croyles
07-18-2008, 10:18 PM
Im not getting my hopes up. I used to sort of be against a FF7 remake/sequel but since a couple of months ago ive been dreaming about it ^^
I still dont want to get my hopes up though.

Vyk
07-18-2008, 10:23 PM
Not to sound like a sick fanboy. But that would make me buy a PS3 -_-;

And that would take away almost all worry about Sony in the current console war. That would move systems by the millions

The massive jump in install base alone would all but guarantee Sony on top of the world

The rumor I heard about the remake's exclusivity is that it can't go multi-platform because Sony helped publish the original. So they have a certain amount of rights to it

PeneloRatsbane
07-18-2008, 11:14 PM
putting all the whiny "blah blah fan boy FFVII isn't that good" crap people sometimes exude, into the trash where it belongs.
A PS3 remake would be the hugest thing to happen in the gaming world for a while now.

Raebus
07-19-2008, 12:58 AM
Blah blah blah fan boy FFVII isn't that good.

Aerith's Knight
07-19-2008, 01:53 AM
It all went down the drain when Squaresoft became Square enix. *sigh*

We will never get a remake..

Just more ghey boys in less clothing.

Momiji
07-19-2008, 03:01 AM
putting all the whiny "blah blah fan boy FFVII isn't that good" crap people sometimes exude, into the trash where it belongs.
A PS3 remake would be the hugest thing to happen in the gaming world for a while now.

Blah blah blah fan boy FFVII isn't that good.

Well, it's not, and Square-Enix has done nothing to remedy that.

The best thing they could do with this is a remake, and for the love of god PLEASE no more knockoffs just to make a quick dollar-- FFVII is a series that has been milked so hard the metaphorical cow is going to die of dehydration. A remake would be nice, as long as they patch up all of the plot holes and such. The downside is that there will be even more squealing fanboys/girls, which will make me cry myself to sleep.

I'll say it again: I do not like FFVII, but if a remake is made that improves upon the original, I cannot say I'm against it, and I may even look into buying it. Otherwise, I feel that it's an entirely hopeless case.

Dreddz
07-19-2008, 05:23 PM
Sony helped publish the original. So they have a certain amount of rights to it

They also helped fund it. Sony have a lot of rights to FFVII so people shouldn't get their hopes up that anything FFVII related will appear on any platform other than a Sony platform. So people on here saying that a remake would appear on the Wii or 360 are being delusional. If it is a game they announce, and not a cell phone game for that matter, it'll be on the PSP or PS3. Considering they have just made a PSP game, I think it'll be on PS3.

demondude
07-19-2008, 05:55 PM
It'll be nice to see Aeris die in high definition graphics. :bigsmile:

Rase
07-19-2008, 06:19 PM
It would not be nice to see cross dressing Cloud in HD.

Croyles
07-19-2008, 06:35 PM
PLOP (http://whatifgaming.com/whatifgaming-e3-08-final-fantasy-xiii-sit-down-with-shinji-hashimoto)

WhatIfGaming: Speaking of that, I know that the PR will be pretty pissed that I’m asking this anyways but you and I both know I have to. Even if it doesn’t get an answer, I need to (fist clench gesture)!. Back when PS3 was launching, there was a pruriently impressive demo of Cloud at a subway station and all of that. Since then a lot of people have been asking and hoping for a remake of Final Fantasy VII only for the PlayStation 3. Will there be any announcement at all before the release of Final Fantasy XIII for an exclusive Final Fantasy VII on the PS3?

SH: (laughs) I hate to avoid this question but I will say one thing. We currently know a lot of people are asking for this but we’re already very busy with all of the titles as you mentioned before to be even considering a remake at the moment.

I know SE say a lot of things, but I think this is enough to not make people get their hopes up.

Yar
07-19-2008, 06:48 PM
Do you really want to buy a game that you already have? I mean, come on. They're probably sitting in their offices saying: "Ha ha. They're so stupid they'll buy games over just because we tell them to!" Let's not be chumps!

That reminds me, I have to buy my fourth copy of Final Fantasy IV Tuesday...

Croyles
07-19-2008, 06:52 PM
Lol. People do it all the time with FF. Those early ones are good examples. Many people DONT have FF7. As for me, I would just like to experience it again, but I cant play the old one again.

But if you read my last post, its probably not happening anyway.

Dreddz
07-19-2008, 07:58 PM
Good. More likely a sequel will be on the way.

ReloadPsi
07-20-2008, 02:19 PM
It would not be nice to see cross dressing Cloud in HD.

It would seriously mess up the game's age rating to see Cloud bathing naked with eight guys in HD. I'm pretty sure here in England the BBFC would gladly slap at least a 15 rating on the game for that.

Jessweeee♪
07-20-2008, 05:29 PM
xDDDD

Yeah I'm really interested to see what happens with the Wall Market part if they remake it xD

Vyk
07-20-2008, 05:39 PM
Sony helped publish the original. So they have a certain amount of rights to it

They also helped fund it. Sony have a lot of rights to FFVII so people shouldn't get their hopes up that anything FFVII related will appear on any platform other than a Sony platform. So people on here saying that a remake would appear on the Wii or 360 are being delusional. If it is a game they announce, and not a cell phone game for that matter, it'll be on the PSP or PS3. Considering they have just made a PSP game, I think it'll be on PS3.

Or they're just tyring to be funny and/or cause fear and panic in the masses :}

S'what Hitler would do

Dreddz
07-20-2008, 09:17 PM
Apparently on the 1up Yours podcast Shane mentions that representatives told him "Final Fantasy XIII on 360 announcement swung the ball towards Microsoft. At Square Enix's Japan event in 2 weeks, they will swing the ball back towards Sony".

Well this announcement does coincide with the FFVII announcement doesn't it. I do have the suspicion that it'll be something lame like FFVII appearing on the PSN. But that wouldn't be huge or shocking would it. Ill let you lot decide.

DK
07-20-2008, 09:37 PM
Currently replaying FFVII at the moment and have been thinking more and more as I play through it that I would hate a remake of it because unless all they did was update the graphics so it looks nice and gave us some cool new http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif like more Limit Breaks and Materia, it would just feel wrong. Well they could rewrite the story and make it make more sense and better than it is in the original but I'm mostly just thinking about gameplay. I don't want anything smurfed up or changed in the game mechanics at all. No horrifically http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif battle system like FFXII, no change in the level up system or materia system or anything like that. It'd just take away from the feel of the game. The music as well. Part of me would like to hear an updated OST for it after hearing the OCRemix project for it but part of me knows the game wouldn't feel right at all without the ghetto old school music. Something incredibly warm and nostalgic and lovely about heading into Cosmo Canyon and hearing the song kick in and being mildly annoyed by Rupert's theme in Junon. Don't touch my god damn FFVII you bastards. I don't care what spinoffs or sequels you make because I have mostly ignored them but don't mess with the original. :(

Dreddz
07-20-2008, 09:45 PM
If Square were to remake FFVII they would have to go all out. New battle system and everything. They would also have to be careful not to alienate FFVII's fans and keep its nostalgic feel to keep everyone happy.

Its a daunting task so no wonder Square are hesitant to make it. But it'll still generate a ton of cash, bad or not. So Square will always be thinking about it and are probably thinking of ideas and concepts for it everyday. Waiting for the moment they have everything right to announce it. And then the internet explodes.

Shoeberto
07-20-2008, 09:58 PM
FF7 Themed MMO

Fans orgasm

Haters heart failure
That was gonna be my post. It'd be hilarious to have happen but also potentially super cool if they did it right.

I mean, just thinking about running around in a fully-detailed Midgar seems like it'd be fun...

Vyk
07-20-2008, 10:42 PM
I don't deny it. I just said it as a joke because its completely unlikely

I'm more with DK on the remake thing. They'd have to do everything in their power to maintain the nostalgic factor. Basically just make it everything we were pretending it was as we played anyway

Though I gotta say I quite liked the Lego stick figure character sprites

But yeah. They'd have to keep the cenimatic battles and whatnot

Shattered Dreamer
07-20-2008, 10:53 PM
FF7 Themed MMO

Fans orgasm

Haters heart failure
That was gonna be my post. It'd be hilarious to have happen but also potentially super cool if they did it right.

I mean, just thinking about running around in a fully-detailed Midgar seems like it'd be fun...

I'm not much of an MMORPG fan but I'd go out & get one based in the FFVII universe.

The Crystal
07-21-2008, 06:24 AM
Maybe the "shocking announcement" is that, instead of a remake, they will make an anime(in OVA format) about FFVII's story. It would be like a remake, but not a real remake.
That would be pretty "shocking" to everyone, I think.

ReloadPsi
07-21-2008, 11:25 AM
Actually I too would love to see an anime series based around FF7's story.

Also if 4kids dubbed it, it would accidentally become funnier too.

MushroomZOMBIE
07-21-2008, 12:31 PM
-Shudders on what Barrett would sound like-

Shoeberto
07-22-2008, 05:33 PM
Though I gotta say I quite liked the Lego stick figure character sprites
Oh God I figured it out

They're making Lego FFVII

http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif yeah!

Avarice-ness
07-22-2008, 06:16 PM
Maybe the "shocking announcement" is that, instead of a remake, they will make an anime(in OVA format) about FFVII's story. It would be like a remake, but not a real remake.
That would be pretty "shocking" to everyone, I think.

It'd be even better once they found out that not all gamer's watch anime. To be quite honest, if there was an FFVI anime, I prolly wouldn't watch it, not because it would be bad, but because I guess I would see the game as more "real" than I would with a whole bunch of anime emotion stereotypes like "^^." or "^^'" or "T T", and that's even WITH THE FACT that those anime things are implied in the game!

And then even even better is once they found out that those that DO watch anime are going to "Q.Q" when it gets American dubbed.

Stunt
07-22-2008, 06:42 PM
PSLS is claiming to have knowledge very soon: Final Fantasy exclusive info coming very soon [UPDATE] « PlayStation LifeStyle (http://playstationlifestyle.net/2008/07/22/final-fantasy-exclusive-info-coming-very-soon/)

They've been spot on on a few things in the past.

PeneloRatsbane
07-22-2008, 11:39 PM
eeeheheeeeehhhh come on let it be true, it is time!!!

Big D
07-22-2008, 11:49 PM
Their 'exclusive info' (which is unsourced, incidentally) tells us a number of things: The new FFVII title might be a PS3 remake, or a PS3 spinoff, and a re-release of the original game for download.

I really don't see where they got this from; it matches a lot of the speculation in this thread, so they might simply have made the most realistic assumptions about what the 'big announcement' will be.

Dreddz
07-23-2008, 12:20 AM
The fact that they say rumor the whole time still leads me to believe we shouldn't listen to these guys. But if this is true then it was expected. Always good to see more RPG's on the PS3, that is if this is an RPG.

What was unexpected is that FFVII will get a release on the PSN AND XBL. How could they allow a multi-disk game on XBL. I know they make exceptions but thats like 2.1GB's.

Croyles
07-23-2008, 12:27 AM
I really dont give a crap but its weird, dont Sony have distribution rights? Add that to Dreddz' point and you have a very rumoury rumour on your hands.
Id rather not believe anything until it is officially announced.

Bolivar
07-23-2008, 02:35 AM
I just don't know what to say.

The only qualm I have is that some things just won't be able to translate. Like alot of people mentioned, the comedic episodes in the Wall Market. It looks good with the old graphics, I don't know if they'd be able to make it realistic and maintain the comedic nature to it.

Yar
07-23-2008, 02:41 AM
Wow, those people on that site are treating it as a confirmed fact.[/feel sorry]

I'm going to add this to Wikipedia. Who cares about credibility anyway?

The Crystal
07-23-2008, 02:42 AM
It'd be even better once they found out that not all gamer's watch anime. To be quite honest, if there was an FFVI anime, I prolly wouldn't watch it, not because it would be bad, but because I guess I would see the game as more "real" than I would with a whole bunch of anime emotion stereotypes like "^^." or "^^'" or "T T", and that's even WITH THE FACT that those anime things are implied in the game!

And then even even better is once they found out that those that DO watch anime are going to "Q.Q" when it gets American dubbed.

Not to mention that it would basicaly, replace the original game as the new canon. So the official FFVII would be an anime, and not a game anymore.
How fuc*ing lame!

Lets hope I'm wrong.

Obs: I never said it was a good idea. I just said it would be shocking to everyone, if they announce that.

Dreddz
08-01-2008, 05:59 PM
Under twelve hours till the announcement. I'm betting a FFVII release on the PSN, at best a new spin-off for the PS3. Definitely not a remake.

Roto13
08-01-2008, 06:10 PM
Wasn't the FF VII release on PSN already sorta announced, though? It wouldn't be much of a big surprise. :P

Bolivar
08-01-2008, 10:28 PM
Wasn't the FF VII release on PSN already sorta announced, though? It wouldn't be much of a big surprise. :P

yeah that definately doesn't seem like something that would "shock the audience" and "put the ball back in Sony's court"

It's only a matter of hours now.

Dragonsoul
08-01-2008, 10:35 PM
Under twelve hours till the announcement. I'm betting a FFVII release on the PSN, at best a new spin-off for the PS3. Definitely not a remake.

They have an exact time listed for their big announcement? What's the website for this?

My hope is that it's actually unrelated to FF VII and it's the true unveiling of FF XI team's next mmorpg, code named Rapture, which they say hopefully is actually Final Fantasy Haeresis XIII! :)

Raebus
08-01-2008, 10:37 PM
Where are you getting your info from, Dragonsoul?

Egami
08-01-2008, 10:52 PM
Well, I really don't care for mmorpgs, so if it is Rapture that they end up announcing, it is nothing I am interested in. If it is simply a release of VII for the PSN...that would be hardly shocking news.

Bolivar
08-01-2008, 11:12 PM
Where are you getting your info from, Dragonsoul?

it's been made known that they are working on a new MMO, but they really haven't revealed what it is. It's also been made known that Haeraesis/whatever has been trademarked from Square, or Amano made a logo for it, one or the other. Some people have connected the dots and speculate that's what it's going to be.

But they did say it's a FFVII announcement that would take place around some thing on the new release of Advent Children, so while we may hear about a new XIII game (that would be cool), it seems like it's already set which series this is going to be in.

Rostum
08-01-2008, 11:42 PM
Blow my mind Square, blow it!

Roto13
08-02-2008, 02:47 AM
So when is the announcement? :P

Ouch!
08-02-2008, 06:21 AM
I think SE has some event or another going on until the third. I expect we'll know within the next forty-eight hours. Mind you, I've no evidence to support this and can't be assed to check what exactly this event is either.

Edit: If Rapture turns out to be FFXIII Haeraesis, I shall be upset.

Hyperion4444
08-06-2008, 02:52 AM
Isn't that a Cloud PS3 bundle?

Could mean many things...
Bundled with...
-A FFVII remake
-FFVII:AC BD Movie
-FFVII PSN download
or fabricated.
all of them seems unlikely.

btw: FFVII downloadable is PSN exclusif. Sorry.

Dragonsoul
08-06-2008, 07:35 AM
So the big announcement was that in March 2009 Japan will get a Blu-Ray release of Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete and it will have a playable demo of Final Fantasy XIII and you will need a Playstation 3 to play that demo.

What about Final Fantasy Haeresis XIII and/or Rapture?!

Atleast they revealed info on FF Agito XIII and three new trailers for FF XIII, FF Versus XIII, and FF Agito XIII.

Announce a Usa release of Final Fantasy IV: The After and Final Fantasy VII: Before Crisis! :choc2:!!!

Anybody else like Rapture besides me? :-)

Jiro
08-06-2008, 11:48 AM
I think I'd be thoroughly disappointed with a remake. It'd be hard to capture the essence of FFVII when you're changing the graphics. But I'd still play it, and enjoy it. I just won't be one of the fanboys who rushes to get it, and plays it to death.