PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to give me a song idea?

Zeta
07-12-2008, 02:16 AM
Hey guys, I've decided over the next 3 or 4 months I'm going to be producing a new 10-16 song CD, and while I already have a few tracks planned out, I'd like to hear what kind of ideas you guys have that maybe I can use. (Because it's easier than coming up with them on my own right? :tongue:)

Here's what I have access to for this:

Synthesizer keyboards
Piano
Fender Telecaster Guitar (and Amp)
Drum Machine/Groovebox
Every kind of Recording Software

So I can make almost any kind of sound (I remember in one song I used a didgeridoo sample!). I just can't make vocals unless they are computerized which would sound robotic, or if anyone wants to contribute vocals.

Feel free to throw any ideas out there, this should be a fun thread to kill some of the boredom of a slow slow week.

BardTard
07-12-2008, 02:24 AM
Hi Alan. You should make a really cheesy dance song!

Tigmafuzz
07-12-2008, 02:36 AM
try to make something along the line of heaven road. it's a newgrounds song. audio portal>search author>envy or search title>heaven and look for it. number two, that is. make something like that. very inspiring song. actually, let me give you a link:
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/105753
pretty nice if you listen to the whole thing. very catchy tune. you will never forget it. trust me.
or you could mae something classical. mad moon sonata-type classical, or try to do something like dragonforce fury of the storm on piano. then speed it up to make it sound like real talent :P
but srsly, do a song techno-classical-dance-drum and bass-awesome mix and you can't go wrong.

Zeta
07-12-2008, 02:53 AM
Hi Alan. You should make a really cheesy dance song!

I was considering making a Happy Hardcore track, though I'd have to find some chipmunk samples. :tongue:

try to make something along the line of heaven road. it's a newgrounds song. audio portal>search author>envy or search title>heaven and look for it. number two, that is. make something like that. very inspiring song. actually, let me give you a link:
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/105753
pretty nice if you listen to the whole thing. very catchy tune. you will never forget it. trust me.
or you could mae something classical. mad moon sonata-type classical, or try to do something like dragonforce fury of the storm on piano. then speed it up to make it sound like real talent :P
but srsly, do a song techno-classical-dance-drum and bass-awesome mix and you can't go wrong.

Interesting stuff. If I was to do some classical I'd probably record it at 1/2 speed and then just speed the tempo back up afterwards.

Techno-classic-dance-DnB though? Like some old school Bach mixed with crazy DnB and 4/4 breaks? That would be insane, I'll have to try it! :D

BardTard
07-12-2008, 02:59 AM
WHOO for Happy Hardcore! I'm kinda sorta joining a band with my friend and we're making techno/dance music and J-pop. We just don't have anything recorded yet. :( If you can't find a chipmunk sample, just record someone and change the pitch to super high. It sounds the same and it's fun. :D

Tigmafuzz
07-12-2008, 03:03 AM
j-pop is the one thing i forgot...
i knew it was something; oh well. classical with jazz and afro-beat, lol. and don't forget the awesome electric guitar solo!!!1!111!!one!1!eleventy11!!!
xD

Zeta
07-12-2008, 03:03 AM
WHOO for Happy Hardcore! I'm kinda sorta joining a band with my friend and we're making techno/dance music and J-pop. We just don't have anything recorded yet. :( If you can't find a chipmunk sample, just record someone and change the pitch to super high. It sounds the same and it's fun. :D

How exactly can you make J-pop if you're in America? :confused: Doesn't that make it regular pop? Or is the J for something else, like Jackie Chan?

Hmm...you're right about speeding things up to chipmunk speed, I can't believe I forgot that one.

Good luck with your band though. :)

BardTard
07-12-2008, 03:04 AM
I wrote songs in Japanese! And thanks. Good luck to you too.

Zeta
07-12-2008, 03:06 AM
I wrote songs in Japanese! And thanks. Good luck to you too.
Oh...that makes sense!

Wow I'm having a lot of dumb moments today.:mog:

BardTard
07-12-2008, 03:07 AM
Nah, you just didn't know I learned some Japanese. :p

Balzac
07-12-2008, 08:05 AM
If you have access to recording software, surely you can make your own chipmunk samples.

Quindiana Jones
07-12-2008, 01:03 PM
Make one called Super Gay Polar Bear. It'll be about a really happy polar bear, and how much he enjoys the cold and ice. Especially when he goes on the rides, when the ice falls off into the sea!

It'll be all satirical and gnarly, and people will think "Wow. That guys awesome for pointing out the atrocities of global warming in such a clever way."

Do it. :bigsmile:

Jojee
07-14-2008, 12:24 AM
A dance song, yes :3

Laddy
07-14-2008, 12:28 AM
Bad Ass Mother Smurfer sounds cool. Make it a DDR-like dance track that makes no sense. XD

Caraliz
07-14-2008, 12:42 AM
Use these lyrics in the chorus:

I am a snail whale in a frail frame with little fingernails. :love:

Zeta
07-14-2008, 02:15 AM
Make one called Super Gay Polar Bear. It'll be about a really happy polar bear, and how much he enjoys the cold and ice. Especially when he goes on the rides, when the ice falls off into the sea!

It'll be all satirical and gnarly, and people will think "Wow. That guys awesome for pointing out the atrocities of global warming in such a clever way."

Do it. :bigsmile:

I don't really do my music to have a political meaning. I do it for the sake of making people happy you know? All the music I listen to now is dance music, most of it is just about love, rainbows, euphoria and hallucinations and other such flamboyant expressions of happyness.

I dunno if that's weird but if my music had a different tone to it, it just would be odd to me.