PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Online Friends List

Croyles
07-12-2008, 03:23 AM
I thought a different thread was necessary as the other one is long and cluttered.

Write up your MGO character names and your region (because MGO is region locked, which me and JKTrix had to find out the hard way...) here. Ill copy them down to the first post and group you into your regions.

Europe:
EoFF: Croyles
PSN: Croyles_87
MGO: Croyles

EoFF: Dreddz
MGO: dreddz

Dreddz
07-12-2008, 12:16 PM
Cant you just create three separate PSN ID's in each region to get around the region locking? I have one in each region. Only the Japanese account is useful though when getting demo's. My American PSN ID is Dreddz and my Japanese ID is teeto101. If thats any use.

My MGO name is dreddz, and thats for my Europe account. If I wanted to play anyone in another region I'd have to create new characters on both my other PSN ID's. Thankfully most my friends who play MGO are in Europe so that gives me an easy time.

Croyles
07-12-2008, 04:29 PM
That works? Id have to give that a try then.

JKTrix
07-14-2008, 12:28 PM
...you have to pay if you want more than one character on your system. The 'license' is linked to your hardware, not to your ID.

I'm [JKTrix] in the US region of MGO. TXForte is my Japanese PSN ID for what it's worth.

Old Manus
07-14-2008, 01:23 PM
What is it with the Japanese and thinking of retarded ways of letting people play online with each other? You need to make 3 accounts just to play MGO on your continent, and for the Wii and DS they have everyone swapping 16 and 12 digit 'friend codes'.

Yamaneko
07-14-2008, 05:16 PM
I have MGS4. Is the MGO included in the game a stripped-down version of the full retail product?

JKTrix
07-14-2008, 05:34 PM
I think they call it the 'MGO Starter Pack', so I guess that could count as being 'stripped down'. Though I imagine that your character data can be moved over to the retail version.