PDA

View Full Version : I can't wait for the Blu-Ray release!!!

Cyric
07-13-2008, 08:54 AM
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete Blu-Ray Release -> March 2009!
N4G.com : DKS3713: Day one summary (http://www.n4g.com/News-178478.aspx)

I just finished watching AC again, but this time I actually paid attention to how much detail was lost with the transfer to DVD. The "Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete" blu-ray is supposed to be longer (because of footage they couldn't fit on the DVD), and have a little extra thing called "dirt" that will show up on the characters when they get dirty. Like any CGI movie, the 1080p transfer straight from the computer is going to be FLAWLESS, but since this is SquareEnix we're talking about, I'm expecting the FF7:AC blu-ray release to utterly blow me away. Besides, how can one turn down Tifa Lockhart in hi-def? :love:

[edit] ...and as you can see from my sig, i haven't even played FF7 all the way through yet I've seen The Last Order and Advent Children, and I'm THIS ecstatic about it!

[edit #2] ...btw, i don't know about you guys (and gals), but AC is MUCH more enjoyable when you leave it with the Japanese voices and have english subtitles.

spike
07-16-2008, 02:09 PM
is they're a release date yet?
i want this one as well, i watched AC like 40 times the first week i owned it

FFVII isn't my favorite FF game, but AC sure is my all time favorite movie!

and my PS3 is eagerly waiting to swallow the blu-ray version :)

Raebus
07-16-2008, 03:55 PM

So, the same old film but with a few more bits? I honestly don't see what you fanboys see in AC. It's an okay movie at best with fight scenes that are too fast and a poor story at best.

The crystal: Yes, from what I've seen those who LOVE the film are fanboys. I shall be ignoring the rest of your posts related to this post from here on.

Kenshin IV
07-19-2008, 04:05 AM
They're still making that? Coulda fooled me.

It's amazing the director's cut is taking just as long as the movie did to release.

Big D
07-19-2008, 06:59 AM
Hopefully, this version of the film will include an extra minute or so of dialogue. That's all it'd take to explain itself properly, everything from Denzel to Geostigma to the 'Remnants'. If the revamped film simply has better visuals and more action, it'll be a bit of a disappointment.

My biggest gripe with the film has always been its adamant refusal to explain itself properly. It'd take very little effort to clear up one hell of a lot of ambiguity.

Cyric
07-19-2008, 08:22 PM

So, the same old film but with a few more bits? I honestly don't see what you fanboys see in AC. It's an okay movie at best with fight scenes that are too fast and a poor story at best.

you are aware that it's a CGI-anime you're watching right? anime's are like that, and it certainly does appeal to a certain taste. if there's a lull in the story, a lot of action doesn't hurt...just look at the Transformers movie...

Raebus
07-19-2008, 08:29 PM
Haha, not all CGI-anime is like that, you know.

Cyric
07-20-2008, 07:23 AM
Haha, not all CGI-anime is like that, you know.

apologies...they TEND to be like that...at least, any that I've seen...:D

The Crystal
07-23-2008, 03:14 AM
The "Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete" blu-ray is supposed to be longer (because of footage they couldn't fit on the DVD).

They wont add scenes they couldn't fit in the original movie... They will add completely new scenes, and some changed old ones.

And in my opinion, the story(the ENTIRE story) is good. I mean, if you read all the cases of "On a Way to a Smile", watch the movie, and read the Reunion Files, I'm sure some of you will agree that the story is good.
The problem of AC is not the story itself, but, as stated by Big D, its refusal to explain itself properly.

BarelySeeAtAll
07-26-2008, 07:33 PM
@ The Crystal: the cases are horrible I have a tendency to refuse them, afterall it was just some person from Square who wrote them, not story-writers of ff7...I think
@ Cyric and Raebus: we all have our own opinions
anyway yeah I can't wait either! Is it coming out in English at all though? I was under the impression it wasn't...the trailer's in Japanese and it claims the release date is in 2008!!(If numbers could be in caps they would be :D) I have nothing to play it on though when it does come out XD

The Crystal
07-27-2008, 12:42 AM
The Crystal: the cases are horrible I have a tendency to refuse them, afterall it was just some person from Square who wrote them, not story-writers of ff7...I think

Kasushige Nojima wrote them, and they are 100% canon.

(If numbers could be in caps they would be :D)

You could bold them.

Dreddz
07-27-2008, 02:34 PM
I honestly don't see what you fanboys see in AC. It's an okay movie at best with fight scenes that are too fast and a poor story at best.

We agree on something, at last.

The Crystal
07-28-2008, 12:33 AM
I honestly don't see what you fanboys see in AC.

Because anyone who likes AC is automatically a fanboy, right? :rolleyes2

crono_logical
07-28-2008, 12:35 AM
I'd like to see this from an eyecandy point of view :p The story's just an extra really for this film :p

Cyric
08-02-2008, 07:30 PM
Blu-ray release is scheduled for March 2009!

The Crystal
08-03-2008, 05:04 AM
30 minutes of new scenes.

Source: Advent Children.net - Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children (http://www.adventchildren.net/index.php)

Cyric
08-03-2008, 05:48 AM
anyway yeah I can't wait either! Is it coming out in English at all though? I was under the impression it wasn't...the trailer's in Japanese and it claims the release date is in 2008!!

I'll get it imported then...Japan and N. America are considered to be the same 'Region' with Blu-Rays, so it should play on my computer...besides, as long as it has English subs, I'll be happy. The english actors usually suck. And I'll only ever watch it with the Japanese voices anyway...

Big D
08-03-2008, 05:49 AM
Thirty minutes of new material? Hot damn. There's almost no way they can leave out exposition and back-story when they've got that much extra time to play with. That'll make the entire film a good two hours or so, or the length of a regular feature film... I'm definitely looking forward to this one, and hoping like hell it'll get properly localised for an English-language release.