PDA

View Full Version : No-one sees your awesomness or Everyone sees your lameness

blackmage_nuke
07-13-2008, 09:07 PM
Which do you find worse- making a bad post which is at the top of a new page so everyone can see it or a good post at the end of an old page so few people read it?

Ever suffered from either cases and feel shunned/humiliated?
Discuss

Denmark
07-13-2008, 09:25 PM
A good post that goes unseen. Because I don't make bad posts.

Fonzie
07-13-2008, 09:27 PM
I could give a flying fuck about what people think about my posts.

Levian
07-13-2008, 09:29 PM
My biggest fear is the fear of the unknown. Is my post the last of the page, or is it in the middle or even the beginning? It's impossible to tell with all these members setting posts per page to different amounts! Now if only everyone would set it to the correct amount of posts per page, which is 50.

Old Manus
07-13-2008, 09:38 PM
I used to have it at 100 posts per page in times of yore, but it got reset to 30 when EoFF 2.0 came about

I good post at the end of the page is better I guess

~*~Celes~*~
07-13-2008, 09:43 PM
a good post at the end of the page.

Vyk
07-13-2008, 09:47 PM
Such a waste

rubah
07-13-2008, 10:01 PM
I am a shameless hussy and always prefer to have reply #30 over #29.

KentaRawr!
07-13-2008, 10:34 PM
I could give a flying smurf about what people think about my posts.

That would be really awesome, if you ask me.

Vermachtnis
07-14-2008, 12:11 AM
It doesn't matter where it's located. None of my posts are good posts.

I crave attention, I feel shunned all the time. And some of the time I feel like people ignore my posts. Especially when someone comes along and says about the same thing I said and everyone responds to him. Where's my praise!?

Jess
07-14-2008, 12:55 AM
:aimkiss:

KentaRawr!
07-14-2008, 01:32 AM

I crave attention, I feel shunned all the time. And some of the time I feel like people ignore my posts. Especially when someone comes along and says about the same thing I said and everyone responds to him. Where's my praise!?

Praise isn't something to search for, but rather, what you think should be praised for is what you should do.

That's basically just another way of saying "Do the right thing", but oh well.

Vermachtnis
07-14-2008, 01:42 AM

Praise isn't something to search for, but rather, what you think should be praised for is what you should do.

That's basically just another way of saying "Do the right thing", but oh well.

I was being silly with that last part :p. But it has happened before and I honestly do feel ignored from time to time because of it.

TyphoonThaReapa
07-14-2008, 01:48 AM
Why should I care or try? No one listens to me anyway. Even at EoEO...:rolleyes2

KentaRawr!
07-14-2008, 01:49 AM
Well, the thing is, message boards are semi-anonymous. In many cases, people simply state their opinion on the matter, and leave, assuming no one found something about their comment reply-worthy. It's how things roll. We nail down our opinions on the humongous board that is the internet! And, if you were reading a huge board of messages, you'd likely skip a few that were reply worthy by mistake. Maybe you're hasty to post your opinion, and end up skipping a few on the way to the end. Or maybe, you just don't read, and happened to notice a message scrolling downward.

It's not that people ignore you, it's that we're lazy! :D

rubah
07-14-2008, 01:54 AM
Think about it this way, three years from now, someone will do a forum search for some word you used offhandedly, and your post will finally get read and appreciated for what it is.

Psychotic
07-14-2008, 01:58 AM
The people who like me will say my posts are great no matter what, and the people who hate me because grrr overrated popular evil Psychotic will say my posts are crap no matter what.

Ramza Beoulve
07-14-2008, 02:27 AM
Think about it this way, three years from now, someone will do a forum search for some word you used offhandedly, and your post will finally get read and appreciated for what it is.
Desu? DESU!?

The people who like me will say my posts are great no matter what, and the people who hate me because grrr overrated popular evil Psychotic will say my posts are crap no matter what.
Crap :p

Anyways, I tend to note that most of my posts are ignored (or even I'm the one that causes that a thread doesn't have an answer in three or more days), but meh.

Jess
07-14-2008, 03:07 AM
what if it's a like/hate relationship? then what?! :jess:

Lawr
07-14-2008, 03:12 AM
Then Sagensyg comes along and mends that relationship.

Peegee
07-14-2008, 03:16 AM
I like how all of the posts that I can't stand to read (my philosophy and opinions change often) are buried deep in the dark corners of EoFF (ie page 30+)

Bahamut2000X
07-14-2008, 04:09 AM
I'm so egocentric so I choose the last option.

Vyk
07-14-2008, 04:37 AM
Desu? DESU!?

Crap :p

Anyways, I tend to note that most of my posts are ignored (or even I'm the one that causes that a thread doesn't have an answer in three or more days), but meh.

I've ended a lot of threads. It makes you feel powerful. And hated. Hurrah! lol..

Balzac
07-14-2008, 05:15 AM
I could give a flying smurf about what people think about my posts.

Blue Harvest
07-14-2008, 09:16 AM

Kes
07-14-2008, 09:44 AM
Mostly I hate when either I sound stupid, or make a major typo/spelling error and then it gets quoted. It doesn't happen often, but when it does? >.>

For either of those options I can just pretend it's not being read or pretend it's being read, but when something gets quoted, at least one person read it. I'd hope, anyway.

Calliope
07-14-2008, 10:30 AM
I see your SPELLING ERRORS, HEATHEN.

Unstoppable Pig
07-14-2008, 10:59 AM
Well with a screen name like this I canīt write a message that is unseen. But I prefer good post with few reader. Short post which says only " Barret is my favorite character" is bad because, it doesnīt tell why Barret is his favorite character. It is nicer to read a post where statements are reasoned.

Old Manus
07-14-2008, 11:47 AM
Bottom post of the page! I better make this good

EDIT: o wait :(

Rantz
07-14-2008, 03:50 PM
n because whoopps ! oh no I

:(

Lawr
07-14-2008, 03:55 PM
If you have it set to 30 Posts Per Page, I don't think you meet the requirements of being a human.

Edit
If this post is the first post on page two for you, you're an Imp.

Randgris
07-14-2008, 03:58 PM
I don't really care if people don't read my post. I just don't care. Although it makes me a bit happy if my post gets quoted once in a while. It makes me feel, accepted. I have issues.