PDA

View Full Version : Second trial?

Saber
07-14-2008, 05:44 PM
When ever you use up your 30 day free trial, is it possible to delete the game from your computer and re-download it to get 30 more free days?

Rostum
07-15-2008, 12:33 AM
Nope, you'd have to buy a whole new game to register a new account.

Saber
07-15-2008, 01:33 AM
you know I'm a foolish man. I spent over a thousand dollars on my computer then thirty for the game and you know that should be enough to play it for free. I don't really mind but the money thing for pc games is getting out of hand. you don't have to pay to play your ps3... yet!! I know some will say its not that much, you can do it. But its the fact that I bought something that would only cost me more money. Some people do agree that you shouldn't have to pay to play.

Rostum
07-15-2008, 02:16 AM
That argument has been beaten to death since the game was released. And it is a stupid argument.

Most MMORPG's you pay monthly for. These fee's ensure that the servers are maintained, consistent update for game bug fixes and newly added content as well as customer support and game master moderation within the game.

You are a fool for not actually reading up about what the game is before going out and buying it. The very first thing you would have found out is that it is an MMORPG, and that you'd have to pay monthly for it.

Germ Hamee
07-15-2008, 04:09 AM
If thirteen bucks a month is really going to put that big of a dent in your budget, you probably shouldn't be buying video games in the first place.

Bahamut2000X
07-15-2008, 04:14 AM
I spent over a thousand dollars on my computer then thirty for the game and you know that should be enough to play it for free.

What? I completely miss the logic in this.

As Omercle said the fees are there for a reason. Buying the game and computer (which the computer costs shouldn't even be factored in since it's a completely different company getting that money there) are completely different then paying the online fee. If you wanted a free MMO you play one of the hundreds of cheap games who run servers on a regular PC and that crash every other day.

The minor fee for online play to maintain all of FFXI's servers and to pay for the dev and GM team is nothing compared to how much you can get out of the game.

you don't have to pay to play your ps3... yet!!

Doesn't the PS3 make you pay to use their online features too? I know X-Box does.

Regardless online and offline play are 2 separate things. You can't even compare them.

Saber
07-15-2008, 04:42 AM
I know the pay thing is an old topic but so is this thread. I was just stating many people frown on paying to play a game they already paid for.

Germ Hamee
07-15-2008, 05:03 AM
lol, what? You posted this today.

Doesn't the PS3 make you pay to use their online features too? I know X-Box does.

The only thing PS3 makes you pay for are PSN games. I don't know how their on-line features compare to the Xbox, though.

dodhungry
07-15-2008, 06:12 AM
fees only get outta hand you when you pay for multiple online games with multiple accounts <--- guilty as charged lol

Rostum
07-15-2008, 06:21 AM
The only thing PS3 makes you pay for are PSN games. I don't know how their on-line features compare to the Xbox, though.
I can't say from experience, but people I've talked to at uni say it's not as good as Xbox's online services.