PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy XIII Petition!

AaronSOLDIER
07-14-2008, 09:38 PM
Just after the announcement, and already theres a petition online, its actually a good read for PlayStation and nintendo fans:

Final Fantasy - Remain loyal to your fans! Petition (http://www.petitiononline.com/ffstate1/petition.html)

I've signed of course!

But this is not just for FF13, its also for all the other spin offs SE have made, and its time to put them back on track!

Raebus
07-14-2008, 09:47 PM
We all know petitions change the world, so lets join in with this pointless...urgh, not pointless petition and act like crazy people.

!

Depression Moon
07-14-2008, 09:48 PM
All right I signed up for it, because like you I am a dedicated fan and just want to see the series go up hill and stay true to the fans.

Raebus
07-14-2008, 09:50 PM
Oh and I forgot to add, this petition won't change anything.

AaronSOLDIER
07-14-2008, 09:57 PM
All right I signed up for it, because like you I am a dedicated fan and just want to see the series go up hill and stay true to the fans.

Exactly, its not just the fact its lost exclusiveness, hell thats just part of it, this petition is not only asking for the exclusiveness back, but the actual series, something has to be done!

theundeadhero
07-14-2008, 10:19 PM
I'm not going to sign it because the 360 is the only next-gen console I plan to own.

Wolf Kanno
07-14-2008, 11:30 PM
Personally, I don't care that XIII is multi-platform, I wasn't really interested in the game to begin with and to be honest, as long as SE doesn't get lazy building the games to spec with their respective systems (the only real thing I feel fans should be concerned about), this is a much better deal for everyone involved. Course, I've never been one to be loyal to a specific console.

Beyond that the petition says nothing about the things I feel SE is really doing wrong. Thus I see no point in signing it.

Vivisteiner
07-15-2008, 12:03 AM
I signed it just for the hell of it. Out of anger for at those lying SE bastards who no longer percieve FF as a work of art.

*stares at Wada*

Its all his fault that Uematsu's gone and that FF is being money whored. :mad2:

Yar
07-15-2008, 12:08 AM
Not signing. This isn't the first time they've switched companies, and the last time resulted in probably 50% of this forum's member becoming fans.

If you don't want to buy the Xbox360 version, don't. Buy the PS3 version.

Ouch!
07-15-2008, 12:09 AM
I would not associate myself with something so poorly written, to be honest.

Vivisteiner
07-15-2008, 12:14 AM
Wise choice. If I were sane I would have done the same.

If you don't want to buy the Xbox360 version, don't. Buy the PS3 version.
My main beef is that SE:

1) Lied
2) Now wont be able to maximise everything for the PS3
3) May release FFXIII later to ensure simultaneous release date.

Hopefully 3 wont happen, but Im still annoyed.

Yar
07-15-2008, 12:22 AM
Is Xbox 360 really that much far behind a PS3 in terms of technical specs?

And frankly, if you think Final Fantasy XIII would've come out sooner without delays for PS3, you're mistaken. Remember what happened with Final Fantasy XII? We don't have a release date, let alone a "general estimate" date. It's not like it was coming out next week only to be pushed back for Xbox...

Raebus
07-15-2008, 12:24 AM
I honestly don't know if its that far behind these days, I only see that sentence used in petty console war http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif fests .

Rostum
07-15-2008, 12:24 AM
Square-Enix would barely listen to paying customers, let alone some whiny intertards with their crappy petition.

Egami
07-15-2008, 12:36 AM

That is the main thing that worries me. Hopefully it doesn't happens.

Vyk
07-15-2008, 12:52 AM
I fail to see the problem. Its not like they're leaving Sony. And what's this about loyal fans? Are you loyal to Square, or Sony? Its still Square. I fail to see a problem here. So I see absolutely no point in this petition. You're not losing anything at all. Merely 360 owners are gaining something. As I'm an ex- Square fan. And I only own a 360. This works for me. Its not like just because someone supports Microsoft they're not part of your group. Sony =//= Square. This is a loss for Sony alone. Not Square. And not Square's fans. And if you bought a system simply because of one game and you're mad you paid more for it. Well then you have other issues to worry about. I bought the 360 because it had dozens of games I was interested in, while the PS3 only had FFXIII and Drake that I was interested in. Not enough to warrant a half a grand purchase

Dreddz
07-15-2008, 12:56 AM
Microsoft are the type of people who would pay extra for it to appear on one dual layered disc instead of several so they wont have to accept their console is inferior to the PS3. So yeah, expect FFXIII to be delayed and compromised because of the 360.

I fail to see the problem.
Oh believe me, there are lots. You just have to own a PS3 to know them.

Vyk
07-15-2008, 01:03 AM
Okay how is making it for the 360 taking away from any artistic value it may or may not have had?

I don't think you guys are coming from the right angle here. This just a bunch of console favoritism and elitism. Not valid points. If it wasn't so blatantly biased I might give the complaints more value. As it stands, nothing's really being gained by whining and moaning. Make a valid point so I can understand :[

So far, possible delays is the only thing I can understand. But there was never a release date set, so that's purely speculation. And God knows Square would find a dozen reasons to delay it in the end regardless. And being mad about not having any notice. Uh the game's got no release date yet. So how long do we have until its released? There's your heads-up. THIS is their notice. Maybe?

*Confused*

Yar
07-15-2008, 01:07 AM
Microsoft are the type of people who would pay extra for it to appear on one dual layered disc instead of several so they wont have to accept their console is inferior to the PS3. So yeah, expect FFXIII to be delayed and compromised because of the 360.

That's a shame that someone's willing to give a product quality rather than rushing it to market...

I fail to see the problem.
Oh believe me, there are lots. You just have to own a PS3 to know them.

Your argument is lost on me, because all it consists of is "PS3 is better just take my word for it." Is there a special list of problems that comes with a PS3 when you buy it, or what?

Dreddz
07-15-2008, 01:29 AM
Okay how is making it for the 360 taking away from any artistic value it may or may not have had?

I don't think you guys are coming from the right angle here. This just a bunch of console favoritism and elitism. Not valid points. If it wasn't so blatantly biased I might give the complaints more value. As it stands, nothing's really being gained by whining and moaning. Make a valid point so I can understand :[

Artistically and graphically the game still looks great. But a game, which was obviously going in a very cinematic direction would benefit from the PS3 as developers can have as much freedom as they want to cram as much content into the game as possible. Its fair to say that the game could come out the same even if it was exclusive to PS3 but we'll never know, and right there is the problem. We'll never see what Square could be capable of doing on the PS3 with Final Fantasy. We can debate about which console is graphically better but the PS3 never seems to gets its chance to truly shine. When you play a game like MGS4 you can really appreciate what the PS3 is capable of but it seems like MGS4 will be the only game to ever do that.

The problems arent just from it being compromised for the 360. Microsoft are ruining the industry by stealing exclusives from other consoles. Wouldn't it be more exciting if they got hold of a new IP to rival FFXIII. Trying to outdo the competition benefits us gamers more than just stealing it.

Yar
07-15-2008, 01:47 AM
This is hard to do with two thread sharing one topic (or at least one true thread and a derailed thread)
Final Fantasy exclusivity clarified at Square Enix conference - PS3 Fanboy (http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/07/14/final-fantasy-exclusivity-clarified-at-square-enix-conference/)

So, apparently XIII won't be for Xbox in Japan. Can this render the "longer wait" argument invalid?

Vyk
07-15-2008, 01:52 AM
I'm going to take a different angle here and see if I can work some reason out of a different pore

I've yet to read or see anything saying Microsoft paid Square huge amounts of money to sway them. But for the sake of argument we'll say that happened. Why then is the blame solely on Microsoft for this change. Square accepted the offer and made the decision. Its not like like Microsoft blackmailed them into it

And ...you admit the game may turn out the same regardless of exclusivity or not. Which is true. But you turn around and say that we'll never know, and that's somehow a problem. I don't see how ignorance of something that itself is unknown or possibly even invalid, clarifies a real problem

Dreddz
07-15-2008, 02:08 AM
I've yet to read or see anything saying Microsoft paid Square huge amounts of money to sway them. But for the sake of argument we'll say that happened. Why then is the blame solely on Microsoft for this change. Square accepted the offer and made the decision. Its not like like Microsoft blackmailed them into it

And ...you admit the game may turn out the same regardless of exclusivity or not. Which is true. But you turn around and say that we'll never know, and that's somehow a problem. I don't see how ignorance of something that itself is unknown or possibly even invalid, clarifies a real problem
Oh believe me, Square is as much to blame for this as Microsoft, I just don't expect much from them. I'm more disappointed in Sony for not doing anything about this. Its not like Sony wouldn't be able to match Microsoft's offer.

And I think companies stopping other companies from at least having their console have a chance of reaching its full potential is a problem. Its sad to think that years from now people will be laughing at Sony at their claims for the PS3 but not realize that maybe Sony was right all along, they just got held back by Microsoft.

Vyk
07-15-2008, 02:10 AM
I can't feel sorry for Sony because that's exactly what they did to Sega. I mean I get your point, but from my perspective this is just karma. If this becomes the disaster scenario everyone's scared that it will. Then I feel sorry for the people who bought a PS3. Not the maker of the PS3

And I still fail to see how this makes Square disloyal to their fans :[

I'm somewhat of a Square fan. Not nearly as much as most people. But I'm not a big Sony fan. I gave up hating them though. I know it doesn't sound like I have. But I owned a PS2 and enjoyed it. Had Square moved to XBox back then, which I didn't own until it was almost dead, I wouldn't have faulted them for that either

Its a stupid move from a Japanese standpoint. Since XBox is hated in Japan. But from a business stand-point I don't see a problem. And like I said I can't see any loyalty issues here. This way they can rake up the fans they lost due to Sony's huge price tags

Dreddz
07-15-2008, 02:57 AM
What Sony did to Sega isn't the same as what Microsoft is doing to Sony. Sony pushed Sega out of the console race because they did a good job of telling people not to buy a Dreamcast and buy a PS2 instead. Which at the time is quite remarkable because all Sony had was SSX while Sega had dozens of great titles. In my opinion is was karma on Sega's part after they openly attacked the PS1 in commercials for the Saturn.

Yar
07-15-2008, 03:30 AM
Final Fantasy XIII going multi-platform isn't going to bankrupt Sony. If they seriously are relying on XIII to be their savior they need to reconsider their business plan.

XIII will still be PS3 exclusive in Japan, where I'm sure it will do well.

I doubt any karma is involved. It's business.

Bahamut2000X
07-15-2008, 04:04 AM
Square-Enix would barely listen to paying customers, let alone some whiny intertards with their crappy petition.

Agreed.

Oh and the petition made me laugh. So it's on another system....sooooo...what? Your pissy you bought a PS3 for FFXIII instead of that Wii you really wanted and so because you were impatient your gonna make a petition and think it means something? Haha comedy gold.

Really there's bigger issues with the series then being released on more systems so more people can play the game (btw they didn't bitch when FF XI came out on 360, so why are they bitching now 2 games later?). They say FF loses it's roots for being on more systems, I say the game lost it's roots when it strayed from being a fantasy and a bloody sci-fi action scroller intent on ripping off their own characters and showing flashy special effects rather then a solid story or characters.

Really as I see it releasing on a new system is the least of SE's concerns.

Wolf Kanno
07-15-2008, 05:30 AM
I completely agree Bahamut...

This is karma, cause Sony was pretty damn arrogant before PS3 was released and was sure that they would succeed because the PS2 did so well. If Sony can't hold onto their exclusives, its their own damn fault. SE made a good business decision cause honestly, PS3 trailing behind both the Wii and 360... it was better to spread the love and make some money than hope their ailing franchise could live up to its reputation as a system seller. Its not like they completely jumped ship so I can't fathom the complaining.

Besides, after some of the interviews with Kojima concerning the PS3 capabilities, I'm curious if the PS3 is as far ahead technically as Sony made people believe it was. Kojima has openly criticized the shortcomings of the system. We're talking Kojima here, the man who made the PS2 jump up and beg when everyone was saying the system had been completely tapped. Considering SE's tech team is not far behind his, I'm certain they will have problems as well. To be honest, I never felt XIII looked like something the 360 couldn't pull off as well so this doesn't come as a surprise.

JKTrix
07-15-2008, 07:48 AM
Thread by me from March '07: http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-xiii/103374-ff13-exclusivity-discussion.html

This has been brewing for quite some time.

I'll have more thoughts later today on why this isn't as bad as some people think it is, at least when it comes to 'dumbing down the experience'. It all has to do with the Crystal Tools.

Karellen
07-15-2008, 07:59 AM
Sensationalism is awesome.

theundeadhero
07-15-2008, 11:15 AM
Microsoft are the type of people who would pay extra for it to appear on one dual layered disc instead of several so they wont have to accept their console is inferior to the PS3.No they aren't. You don't have any idea what you're talking about. The 360 already has multi-disk games.

Krelian
07-15-2008, 11:22 AM
I... I've rarely seen a more stupid reason for opening a petition than this. I mean, come on, you talk about 'loyal' when Square switched from Nintendo to Sony back in the late 90's? The latest I've heard is that the 360 version isn't even going to be released in Japan and that they concentrate on releasing the Japanese PS3 version first.

I agree with Bahamut and Wolf Kanno, the series has other problems.

Big D
07-15-2008, 01:03 PM
WHAT!? Final Fantasy is broadening its market and reaching out to fans who might never have a chance to play the game otherwise?

Those bastards! This effective marketing technique and attempt to attract a wider audience cannot be allowed!

To the PointlessStupidityMobile, Batman!

Dreddz
07-15-2008, 01:08 PM
I think this guy should be front lining the petition (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-uTnqYHZ-I)

Microsoft are the type of people who would pay extra for it to appear on one dual layered disc instead of several so they wont have to accept their console is inferior to the PS3.No they aren't. You don't have any idea what you're talking about. The 360 already has multi-disk games.
Not for multi-platform games.

Yar
07-15-2008, 01:33 PM

They might want to use multi-layered discs... but it still could result in multiple discs. A double layered single sided DVD holds about 8.5 GB, compared to a single layer Blu-Ray's 25 GB. That doesn't make the system inferior; it makes the medium inferior.

But, let's face it, even multiple discs would be okay. It worked for VII, VIII, and IX, as well as whole bunch of other games for the PS1, a few for the PS2, and even some for Xbox 360.

JKTrix
07-15-2008, 01:45 PM
I think this guy should be front lining the petition (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-uTnqYHZ-I)

I came here to post this :P

I think I've seen this guy on YouTube before. I'm pretty sure this video is not really his personal belief, he's just parodizing the internet reaction.

Momiji
07-15-2008, 02:48 PM
Holy bitchfest, Batman!

I'm not signing, since Final Fantasy games past the SNES suck in my opinion-- aside from the Tactics series-- and I doubt they will ever get as good as they used to be. QED: I don't care.

Also: YouTube - ff13 ffxiii petition xbox360 for ps3 exclusive (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-uTnqYHZ-I)

Vyk
07-15-2008, 02:55 PM
Tis FFVII all over again

Raebus
07-15-2008, 02:57 PM
LOL @ video.

Momiji
07-15-2008, 03:02 PM
LOL @ video.

According to Kotaku where I found that video, that guy was just acting irate. However, it nicely matches up to the BAWWWWWWWWWing in this thread.

Slothy
07-15-2008, 03:08 PM
My main beef is that SE:

Assuming Square is still using the White Engine for the game, and said engine is continuing to be tailored to the PS3, then I think 360 owners would have to be more concerned about getting a http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifty port than PS3 owners have to worry about the game being compromised for the 360. It's much easier to develop a game for the 360 and port to the PS3 than the other way around. Doing it either way takes a lot of time to do right on the console the game wasn't developed for, which is why most companies are content to take the easy way out and release a crappy port to one system or the other. So unless Square had decided some time ago that the 360 port was going to happen, I have to wonder if they'll have the time they need to make a good port, or if they'll have to compromise on it to get it out in time (assuming the planned release doesn't get pushed back). I certainly hope the port is well made for those who will be playing it on the 360, but it wouldn't surprise me if Square half-assed it.

On the topic of the petition though; I'm sure that someone probably said the exact same thing when Square went to the Playstation. For those who actually cared enough to sign it; life goes on. Learn to deal with it.

JKTrix
07-15-2008, 04:36 PM
My main beef is that SE:

Assuming Square is still using the White Engine for the game...

Right, thanks for reminding me.

The 'White Engine' is now officially known as 'Crystal Tools'. You're correct in saying that the White Engine appeared to be originally made to optimize PS3 titles. However as of February's Game Developer's Conference they announced the rename of the engine to 'Crystal Tools' and said how it would be used for PS3, 360, Windows and Wii development. The moment they said that, the possibility of 'this' happening increased vastly. After all, the same engine they're using to make FF13 will also be used to make games for the 360.

There wasn't really much to prevent them from not taking it to more places than just the Playstation. As I mentioned after a bit of news last year (http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-xiii/103374-ff13-exclusivity-discussion.html), FF13 could not have been 'locked in' as a Sony exclusive if Sony was 'discussing' it at that point.

Theoretically, neither version of FF13 should suffer. Unlike other multi-plat games who may have had messy ports, FF13 is based on an engine that is designed to be cross platform. They can do whatever they want for the Japanese PS3 version of the game (which is still coming out waay first, forget about a worldwide release...), then do whatever modifications to the engine for the 360 version while they localize it. We haven't seen any evidence of Crystal Tools cross-platform games' performance yet, but I'm sure Squenix wants it to be as refined as possible. Back when they were still calling it the White Engine, they were talking about their next MMO that would be using it and how that MMO would be a cross-platform game. This is a serious focus for them.

Also, Dreddz posted the same video as Momiji earlier in the thread. The same one I quoted in my previous post :P

Bahamut2000X
07-15-2008, 04:43 PM
WHAT!? Final Fantasy is broadening its market and reaching out to fans who might never have a chance to play the game otherwise?

Those bastards! This effective marketing technique and attempt to attract a wider audience cannot be allowed!

To the PointlessStupidityMobile, Batman!

Marry me Big D. :love:

Oh and that's a great video, even if the guy is only acting. Though he seems too into it to just be acting though.

Karellen
07-15-2008, 04:52 PM
He's definitely acting. His speech is based on a post from the gameFAQ forums by some idiot. There is a YTMND version floating around as well.

Dreddz
07-15-2008, 05:06 PM
He's definitely acting. His speech is based on a post from the gameFAQ forums by some idiot. There is a YTMND version floating around as well.

Is this what your talking about? (http://tiredgamer.ytmnd.com/)

Karellen
07-15-2008, 05:10 PM
Nope (http://ffxiii360.ytmnd.com/). That one's just as amusing though.

Crossblades
07-15-2008, 05:11 PM
Someone should close this thread. It's very idiotic due to a disgruntled Sony fan

Karellen
07-15-2008, 05:25 PM
The threads evolved from that dude. This is the "let's post funny videos of irrationally irate FF fans" thread now.

Vyk
07-15-2008, 05:45 PM

Is this what your talking about? (http://tiredgamer.ytmnd.com/)

...how old is that user..? I feel a great swell of pity

Slothy
07-15-2008, 10:16 PM
The 'White Engine' is now officially known as 'Crystal Tools'. You're correct in saying that the White Engine appeared to be originally made to optimize PS3 titles. However as of February's Game Developer's Conference they announced the rename of the engine to 'Crystal Tools' and said how it would be used for PS3, 360, Windows and Wii development. The moment they said that, the possibility of 'this' happening increased vastly. After all, the same engine they're using to make FF13 will also be used to make games for the 360.

Forgot about that. Still, I hope they leave themselves enough wiggle room in the engine to allow good optimization on both consoles, and that they actually take the time to do it.

Shattered Dreamer
07-15-2008, 11:08 PM
For the sake of the graphics, I hope the 360 version is a port of the PS3 version because otherwise the PS3 version will suffer in the graphics department being that it is the more powerful machine.

But graphics have never been much of an issue to me & quite frankly I couldnt care less that FF series will be on multiple consoles I'l go as far to say I wouldnt care if a Wii version was made. As long as the gameplay & the story are good I'l be happy.

Rase
07-15-2008, 11:20 PM
giving XBOX a few titles is fine, but giving them your best RPG series is something else.
I didn't know the 360 was getting a Chrono game.

Jessweeee♪
07-16-2008, 12:49 AM
I do not like this petition and I will not sign it because I love Final Fantasy too much :bounce:

Seriously, even if I was as upset about the 360 thing as some of our more vocal posters here, I wouldn't sign it. It makes me mad reading it. A petition like this (well any petition at all, but this one especially) is not going to convince anyone to do crap.

Mogi
07-16-2008, 01:13 AM
Maybe, I misunderstand the issue here. Why get all pissy like a smurfing five-year-old because Square is growing?

I've never been unsatisfied with a Square product, and I doubt that's going to change just because the box will be green instead of black.

Raebus
07-16-2008, 01:24 AM
http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/9297/k9ui5kba9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/9297/k9ui5kba9.47a40cfd49.jpg (http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=179&i=k9ui5kba9.jpg)

Better late than never.

The Shoeless Hobo
07-16-2008, 05:22 PM
Ffs, what's the problem, whether you own either a PS3 or a 360 you get to experience it - The fact that the game is now multi-platform is beneficial for everyone. The only reason PS3 users are pissed off is becuase they spent $500 on a system just to play Final Fantasy, only to find out that it's multi-platform. Grow a pair.

blackmage_nuke
07-16-2008, 05:57 PM
I was a massive SQUARE ENIX fan, especially with FINAL FANTASY, or should I say, I wasI loled

Anyway as said before in this thread I think Final Fantasy has other problems to worry about.

Clouded Sky
07-19-2008, 01:01 AM
I think the guy in the video is one of the guys in charge of Something Awful. Comedic trolling at its finest.

On topic, seriously, why are people so upset about this? It's opening the series up to a larger audience. (Not to mention a larger moneypot to dip their hand in, but square doesn't like money, riiiiiiight.:rolleyes2)

It's going to look great regardless of what system it's on, and if you whiny PS3 fanboys want to feel better, it just might look a little better.

Heck, now ther'es more reason to buy an Xbox than ever. It has a stronger library anyway. If anything this is just a really good business deal on both sides.

Momiji
07-19-2008, 05:20 AM
I think the guy in the video is one of the guys in charge of Something Awful. Comedic trolling at its finest.

On topic, seriously, why are people so upset about this? It's opening the series up to a larger audience. (Not to mention a larger moneypot to dip their hand in, but square doesn't like money, riiiiiiight.:rolleyes2)

It's going to look great regardless of what system it's on, and if you whiny PS3 fanboys want to feel better, it just might look a little better.

Heck, now ther'es more reason to buy an Xbox than ever. It has a stronger library anyway. If anything this is just a really good business deal on both sides.

I wholeheartedly agree, Sheep. :3

Vivisteiner
07-19-2008, 06:37 PM
Square Enix claim that the PS3 will still be maximised since the port is being done after the PS3 version is complete. They also claim the release date will remain the same because they are drafting in an extra team to sort out the Xbox 360 ensuring that the time of those involved in the PS3 version is not compromised.

Assuming that is true, I accept that SE's decision is 'fair enough'.

I just wish they hadn't lied. If they hadnt trumpeted so loudly about FFXIII being PS3 exclusive early on, it might have altered my console purchasing decision.

Slothy
07-19-2008, 10:36 PM
Heck, now ther'es more reason to buy an Xbox than ever. It has a stronger library anyway.

It may be a matter of opinion but I disagree with this completely.

theundeadhero
07-19-2008, 11:42 PM
I believe there are plenty of other reasons to buy a 360 already. I don't believe there are many reasons to buy a PS3 at all.

Vivisteiner
07-20-2008, 01:54 AM
^*CoughMGS4CoughLBPCoughGoW3CoughNextIcogameCoughVersusXIIICoughTekken6CoughGranTurismoCoughKillzone 2CoughResistanceIICoughSomeothergamesIprobably forgotCough*

My Goodness! I dont know what's gotten into me!

Rase
07-20-2008, 02:40 AM
http://www.gaiaherbs.com/images_prod/CoughDryChild.gif

Roto13
07-20-2008, 04:24 PM
The only reason I needed to buy a PS3 over an Xbox 360 was the red ring of death. >_>

This petition is the biggest pile of ass I've ever seen. And what's this crap about Nintendo? I don't think anyone would care of the Xbox started getting Chocobo's Whozits and a bunch of remakes and ports, too.

Dreddz
07-20-2008, 04:47 PM
I believe there are plenty of other reasons to buy a 360 already. I don't believe there are many reasons to buy a PS3 at all.

Stupid comments get you no where. People who bash the PS3 are just trying to make themselves feel better.

Vyk
07-20-2008, 06:47 PM

Stupid comments get you no where. People who bash the PS3 are just trying to make themselves feel better.

Are you... feeling okay? Why on earth would you attack TUH..? Besides. Its not like he just says 360's better, yar. He said -reasons-. And I'm sure elaborating on those reasons would just add fuel to the fire, so he avoided it. But I trust he has an internal list. TUH's not the mindless fanboy type who runs around spouting nonsense

Its just that 360 has a lot more games. And no matter how you look at it, that means the likelihood of them having more good games is pretty high right now. That's not to say it'll stay that way, for sure. And yeah its just a matter of opinion. But this is getting a little out of hand once insults and flames start flying

Dreddz
07-20-2008, 07:54 PM
I guess I did sound rather insulting. But this isn't 2007 anymore. There are plenty of reasons to buy a PS3 and people would have to be blind to think otherwise. And those reasons to buy a PS3 can stretch to future titles as well, in which there are probably more reasons to buy one than any other console.

The PS3 needs its due at this point. It has a strong library of both exclusive and multi-platform games and the rage of saying "The PS3 has no games" is horribly dated and inaccurate.

Right I'm done.

Vyk
07-20-2008, 08:22 PM
I guess you're right I suppose. Unfortunately once I chose my system of choice I stopped torturing myself by following the other systems at all so I'm just as ignorant as the next guy. Though I do know that Drake game almost made me buy a PS3. Unfortunately at the time I couldn't find any (near) future prospects to help justify the purchase :(

Of course things have changed and are on a gradual incline

But there's also accounting for taste. And in general PS3 isn't developed in a way that would satisfy me :/ I've nothing against the PS3 in that regard, mind you. Just MGS4 and such wouldn't entertain me long, as sad as that is. So I think, in hind-sight, the 360 has served me better than a PS3 would have. But that's just me

But I'm still willing to admit the PS3 has more power and potential. So we'll see

Its not like I want the PS3 to fail. Most of my contentment here is because the 360 and PS3 are on more equal ground right now, for completely different reasons. It makes things interesting for me. And I think in this regard the gamers will win either way in the end as both companies now have to do some stupendous things to solidfy their cut in the market ahead

Roto13
07-21-2008, 12:26 AM
Most of my contentment here is because the 360 and PS3 are on more equal ground right now, for completely different reasons.

whut? How does the least popular console losing a big name exclusive to the second most popular console make things more even and not less even?

Vyk
07-21-2008, 12:45 AM
I'm not looking at it that way. I think PS3 will win in the end either way. Right now it has more potential to be even in the end. Microsoft and Nintendo aren't getting completely trounced like they did last generation. PS2 started out slow as hell back then too

Which I think proves my objectivity on the situation. Everyone probably thinks I'm some blind 360 fanboy, yet I maintain that Sony had to be kicked in the nutsack just for "my" system to even stand a chance in the future. Microsoft had a good run. Now PS3 is on the feild. I don't think things are going to stay stale for long

Masamunemaster
07-21-2008, 01:31 AM

I think this is the first thing I agree with ouch! on...that I can remember of course

ljkkjlcm9
07-21-2008, 02:24 AM
this makes perfect sense.

In Japan... the 360 does horribly. They want to release it for the PS3 there. In the USA and in most other countries, the 360 is the number two system behind the Wii. So, intelligently, they're releasing the game on those systems in that area. But hey, we basically already have it on PS3, just needs translation, which it will get for 360, so let's release it for the PS3 too.

I mean hell, honestly, they'd do better releasing it on ONLY the 360 in the US, as compared to ONLY on the PS3. Now they're getting both.

And here is a tip: Don't buy a system ahead of time for third party titles. Buy a system ahead of time for their first party titles, that you know will be exclusive.

THE JACKEL

Avarice-ness
07-21-2008, 03:00 AM
I'd rather sign a petition that says "PLEASE DO NOT MAKE ANY MORE SPIN OFFS", as for this, I could care less.

G3ORGE
07-23-2008, 09:15 PM
Glad i got a 360.... shame i gotta sell it tho XD

ReloadPsi
07-28-2008, 12:30 PM
This is a retarded idea. I'm sorry to be this late saying so, but it is. You know that "only like one console" idea you somehow decided to conform to in elementary school? Grow the smurf up and let it go already!

I hate today's gaming community so much sometimes it hurts.

Magixion
07-28-2008, 03:48 PM
Seriously. This topic pissed me off, sorry to say. Who says that the fan base is not on the XBox 360? I own every Final Fantasy title to date and I love my 360 to death. What does it say about the 360 fan base when all the new JRPG's are coming to Xbox and not PS3? Tell me that. Why is it Hironobu Sakaguchi is developing titles for such a system that has no "Final Fantasy fan base"? People who buy the RPGs being developed for 360 all basically fall under the same category as a Final Fantasy fan. What JRPG's does the PS3 and for that matter, the Wii have? The 360 has Eternal Sonata, Lost Odyssey, Enchanted Arms, Blue Dragon, etc. and that is just currently released titles. Star Ocean 4 will be coming out on 360 as well as Square Enix's other RPG titles. All in all, it is only logical for Square Enix to release Final Fantasy 13 on 360. It is by far the best financial and business decision. Why does it matter if the PS3 has exclusivity on FFXIII anyways? You will still be able to play it and Square Enix will also be receiving more money because they released it on a broader market and will be able to create more and more games. So, be glad they made the best decision, because believe it or not, YOU STILL GET TO PLAY IT ON YOUR PS3!