PDA

View Full Version : What religion are you!?

A Most Loved Man
07-14-2008, 10:53 PM
Ahahaahhahahahahahahaha!!!

Greetings My Wonderously Wonderful Friends on EoFF! A Most Loved Man has an EXCITING-ZING-A-ZING topic of discussion for his friends on EoFF today!

Today, A Most Loved Man was being a very good Servant of All the Gods And Goddesses of Heavenly Heaven and he was reading about their adventures in the bible. A Most Loved Man LOVES :heart: the Bible! It is his favourite book of all time! It has LOTS AND LOTS OF DEATH :radred: murder, butchery, war, disease by locusts, and his favourite character of all time, Jesus! :angel:

A Most Loved Man is wondering therefore...

What religion are his friends on EoFF? How many of you are Christians, Catholics, Hindu's, Buddhists, Sikhs, Muslims, Jewish, and, err... Scientologists!? :D

Tell A Most Loved Man these things and, together, let us spread the righteous words of the Heavenly Gods and Goddesses of Heavenly Heaven! :hyper:

Ahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!

Balzac
07-14-2008, 10:55 PM
I'm Jedi.

Ko Ko
07-14-2008, 10:56 PM
I am A-religious.

Denmark
07-14-2008, 10:56 PM
The closest I come to having a religion is by celebrating Christmas. However, considering the fact that Christmas has turned from a celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ to an extreme bout of consumerism and capitalism, I'd say it's not really a religious event at all. Thus, I have no religion.

I Don't Need A Name
07-14-2008, 10:57 PM
I'm Jedi.

Same
(and an extreme athiest)

1st BAotW reference for me!

Momiji
07-14-2008, 11:02 PM
I'm a Christian, just not the annoying 'holier-than-thou' Bible-thumping type.

Rengori
07-14-2008, 11:04 PM
I used to say I was Christian but I figured I wasn't fooling God so I stopped doing that. Honestly if anything I'm apathetic.

escobert
07-14-2008, 11:08 PM
I'm a congregationalist! which is from the Calvinist part of the Protestants. but I don't go to church anymore.

Shiny
07-14-2008, 11:14 PM
I used to say I was Christian but I figured I wasn't fooling God so I stopped doing that. Honestly if anything I'm apathetic.
Same pretty much. I was raised Baptist Christian and went to church every Sunday with the fam until I got older and decided I don't want to waste my time going to something so incredibly boring.

Vivisteiner
07-14-2008, 11:20 PM
a to the t to the e i s t.

Rye
07-14-2008, 11:23 PM
I'm an Christian Atheist, just not the annoying 'holierbetter-than-thou' Bible-thumping mean insulting type that has to be mean even if the person is very polite and keeps their faith to them self.

Moi.

theundeadhero
Christian, though not a good one.

Momiji

No longer into Steinerism, huh?

By the way, you only spelled 'ateist'. Is that a new religion? :p

Jess
07-14-2008, 11:26 PM
I'm agnostic. :jess:

Shattered Dreamer
07-14-2008, 11:27 PM
I'm Christian plain & simple

theundeadhero
07-14-2008, 11:27 PM
By the way, you only spelled 'ateist'. Is that a new religion?The Atéist are widely known to worship the only living dinosour left in the world, Sqwaaa. They are also known to start hate wars against the cartoon industry and that mockery of a cartoon "Dino the Last Dinosaur" for being slanderous and unholy.

qwertysaur
07-14-2008, 11:28 PM
Jewish :p

Madame Adequate
07-14-2008, 11:28 PM
I follow the teachings of G'Kar.

Momiji
07-14-2008, 11:35 PM
By the way, you only spelled 'ateist'. Is that a new religion?The Atéist are widely known to worship the only living dinosour left in the world, Sqwaaa. They are also known to start hate wars against the cartoon industry and that mockery of a cartoon "Dino the Last Dinosaur" for being slanderous and unholy.

So what, instead of stoning nonbelievers, they go all dinosaur-psychotic on them and eat them?

Dr. Acula
07-14-2008, 11:47 PM

Same here.

Vivisteiner
07-14-2008, 11:56 PM

No longer into Steinerism, huh?

By the way, you only spelled 'ateist'. Is that a new religion? :p
Ahahhahahaha!!! That was my little trick!

(:p I saw it but couldnt be bothered to edit it)

Indeed, I am not atheist. I am Steinerist. And Steinerism is the only way forward!

EDIT: Although theundeadhero does raise a credible point...

Blue Harvest
07-14-2008, 11:58 PM
I was extreme athiest until a fellow member shared a story with me that's made me unable to believe there isn't something out there watching over all of us. I believe there is a god now, but he's probably a lazy stoner.

Yar
07-15-2008, 12:01 AM
Indeed, I am not atheist. I am Steinerist. And Steinerism is the only way forward!

"BAH!" I say! Steinerism is simply a Hollywood fad, similar to Kaballah...

Blue Harvest
07-15-2008, 12:03 AM

"BAH!" I say! Steinerism is simply a Hollywood fad, similar to Kaballah...

Or Scientology ;)

Vivisteiner
07-15-2008, 12:06 AM
Nonsense. Steinerism has been around for billions of years, which is longer than any other religion. What is more, it has direct witnesses of Steiner's power still alive today! I, for example, am one of them. I saw the mighty Steiner with my own eyes and was in awe!

Laddy
07-15-2008, 12:10 AM
I was extreme athiest until a fellow member shared a story with me that's made me unable to believe there isn't something out there watching over all of us. I believe there is a god now, but he's probably a lazy stoner.
Sounds like your a basic theist.

I'm a traditional pantheist. But since it's basically just a form of theism, Unitarian Universalism is what I fit into the most, despite not actually being a Universalist.

I'm pretty educated as far as religion goes, but I have a special place in my heart for a certain Islamic sect which I cannot remember the name, more open-minded, liberal, educated Christians, more laidback, open-minded, and respectable atheists, Buddhists, Agnostics, and Universalists.

People like the Amazing Atheist (who is just arrogant, narrow-minded, and mean-spirited) and a pastor from a church I visited (who is clueless, pathetic, and hateful) are the worst type of people.

Oh, and I follow a little thing called MostLovedManism.

Ouch!
07-15-2008, 12:12 AM
Atheist.

Blue Harvest
07-15-2008, 12:13 AM

BACK OFF HE'S MINE! :mad2:

Laddy
07-15-2008, 12:17 AM

BACK OFF HE'S MINE! :mad2:
We can worship together. :meditate:

Blue Harvest
07-15-2008, 12:19 AM
No dice. He's mine and no-one else can have him.

Laddy
07-15-2008, 12:23 AM
You, religion-less theist-thing...

Yar
07-15-2008, 12:28 AM
http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/5839/imagesbo6.jpg: "If only he had joined a mainstream religion, like Oprahism or Voodoo."

Egami
07-15-2008, 12:31 AM
Roman Catholic

Lone Wolf Leonhart
07-15-2008, 12:38 AM
I'm not religious at all.

I don't believe in god AND I'm not an atheist. So there.

And for some advice that should not be taken the wrong way, go watch the movie "zeitgeist" either on youtube or wherever, It is the only video I have ever seen that can and does, for a fact, prove christianity (and other religions related and not) as 100% wrong. (only in the religious section of the movie, of course)

EDIT: Start with this part if you are interested in watching. YouTube - Zeitgeist - The Movie - 2 of 13 (Part 1 of 3 on Religion) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeZB2EsPqGE)

Bunny
07-15-2008, 12:48 AM
I am a theist. I'm just undecided on which.

Yar
07-15-2008, 12:53 AM
Lone Wolf Leonhart: If you aren't religious at all, then you are atheist. That is the whole definition of the term. "a-" means without and "theism" is religion.

EDIT: I wouldn't recommend letting a documentary do your thinking for you, especially when the film is supposed to be exposing religious deception, when it uses deception in its own ways...
Just a thought.

Momiji
07-15-2008, 01:11 AM
And for some advice that should not be taken the wrong way, go watch the movie "zeitgeist" either on youtube or wherever, It is the only video I have ever seen that can and does, for a fact, prove christianity (and other religions related and not) as 100% wrong. (only in the religious section of the movie, of course)

That didn't 'prove' anything except that you are blindly following what a documentary told you, despite that there's no 'proof' in it, aside from some theories someone came up with that seems like 100% opinionated verbal excrement to me. It looks like a silly propaganda film if you ask me.

You're basing your so-called 'facts' off of opinions.

Laddy
07-15-2008, 02:19 AM
I'm not religious at all.

I don't believe in god AND I'm not an atheist. So there.

First of all, not believing in god makes you an atheist. An atheist does not believe in the concept of a deity. Being anti-religious isn't atheistic, being liberal isn't even close, but not believing in god. Unless, you are an atheistic Buddhist or such like, in that case, you somehow are not an atheist by title.

And you shouldn't base your beliefs on a film, especially documentaries. They are always biased on religious topics. Not too say do not watch them, they are educational and can make you think, but never base your beliefs solely on it.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
07-15-2008, 02:42 AM
I'd like to point out that on the documentaries official web page, there are actual Sources and references taken from other places, which you can look up yourself. This isn't something made up off of the top of the creators head. As I expected, there is alot of religious people here who easily get offended when something questions there storybook with good evidence, facts, and resources.

However, take everything from me with a grain of salt, I don't want to make some big argument about it.

By the way, if it isn't right for me to believe something based off of a documentary stated with facts, then it certainly isn't okay for you to believe a religion based off of a primative book with no historical documents other than itself.

Ko Ko
07-15-2008, 02:49 AM
Come on you guys, take it to PM's! This is EoEO hatred feeling I am sensing!

^^ Lol!

Anyway, I haven't a religion, but if I could have one, I might have Hinduism, it seems to be very relevant to my interests.

rubah
07-15-2008, 02:52 AM
Guys, we got rid of EoTW because people kept being mean and flamey! Chill out a little xD

Or I'll have to archive GC :( forever ;_;

Momiji
07-15-2008, 03:04 AM
I'd like to point out that on the documentaries official web page, there are actual Sources and references taken from other places, which you can look up yourself. This isn't something made up off of the top of the creators head. As I expected, there is alot of religious people here who easily get offended when something questions there storybook with good evidence, facts, and resources.

However, take everything from me with a grain of salt, I don't want to make some big argument about it.

By the way, if it isn't right for me to believe something based off of a documentary stated with facts, then it certainly isn't okay for you to believe a religion based off of a primative book with no historical documents other than itself.

At least I have the fortitude to question my own religion to figure out what I do and don't agree with, and then altered my beliefs to what I feel is right while following the same basic principle. Because of this, I believe that people have the right to believe what they want to believe, but that it is wrong to say that what someone else is entirely wrong. Your right to punch ends where the recipient's body begins.

Furthermore, I don't care about your 'evidence'. There is no solid evidence if there are higher beings over us or not. Every belief on that issue is based on theories, not facts. I never said my beliefs were right. It's just what I believe. I never said you were wrong in what you believe, either. I am saying, however, that you are wrong in saying that some piece of propaganda can prove many religion 100% wrong based on facts theories.

I'm done here. I can't stand these threads because of statements like what you said.

Laddy
07-15-2008, 03:06 AM

One more, I swear!

I'm not offended, but I have seen a (small) portion of the film, and I'm not impressed, to be frank.

You assume I follow a book. I assure you I do not. While I love, respect, and take lessons from religions, I believe only in their deities, and that the books are simply pieces of poorly translated history and parables. And even if I did, it seems a tad bit more credible than a film of people showcasing and using typical and overused arguments that merely challanges and questions religious ideals, and gives no concrete proof of a nonexistant deity. It's a typical atheistic fallacy. Then again, I've only seen the first few minutes, so it would be rather silly for me to complain.

EDIT-Momiji pretty much said what I wanted to say, there's no reason to get more off-topic.

Madame Adequate
07-15-2008, 03:07 AM
However much you wish to deny it, coherent theories, rational thought, and an application of logic trump belief. Also, Laddy, l2logic. Burden of proof rests with the positive claimant. You have to prove there is, nobody has to prove there isn't until you've proven there is.

sir helix
07-15-2008, 03:12 AM
i believe that there is an almighty god,but i also believ there are lesser gods such as the one budhists, hindus, the greeks and etc, believed in. and that would explain different races, eatch god wanted humans to be in there image, do they eatch created there own kind. thats how i see it

Laddy
07-15-2008, 03:15 AM
However much you wish to deny it, coherent theories, rational thought, and an application of logic trump belief. Also, Laddy, l2logic. Burden of proof rests with the positive claimant. You have to prove there is, nobody has to prove there isn't until you've proven there is.I edited my post for it meant exactly what I wasn't intending it to mean, so it needed to edited.

I do not fear or hate logic at all. I merely find it a tad bit overatted. As humans, we are emotional creatures, and logic is often used too much in a few cases which leads some people to be unhappy. That's it.

Medi
07-15-2008, 03:15 AM
Like Jess, I'm agnostic, as in I don't know, nor do I care.

In my eyes, religion easily quenches the thirst for meaning. I've decided to find meaning in other aspects of life, like the people I love.

Just my belief. It's nice how we're all entitled to our own.

Yar
07-15-2008, 03:18 AM

The movie also said no one is legally obligated to pay their taxes, too. Do you plan to pay your taxes?

Madame Adequate
07-15-2008, 03:25 AM
I do not fear or hate logic at all. I merely find it a tad bit overatted. As humans, we are emotional creatures, and logic is often used too much in a few cases which leads some people to be unhappy. That's it.

Fair to say. I cannot tell others what is true to them, only the truth as I myself have seen it. And I cannot discount the power of emotions to be taken as a source of truth to people.

Dr Unne
07-15-2008, 03:26 AM

You totally had me fooled. :(

Laddy
07-15-2008, 03:28 AM

Fair to say. I cannot tell others what is true to them, only the truth as I myself have seen it. And I cannot discount the power of emotions to be taken as a source of truth to people.I'm glad you see where I'm coming from. You seem to be a more logical person, while I'm more emotional person. We're not bad people, we just deal with thinks diffrently.

Jessica_wohoo
07-15-2008, 03:29 AM
I'm kind of like a <s>Christian</s> Atheist.

Rengori
07-15-2008, 03:31 AM

You totally had me fooled. :(

You weren't God back when I said I was Christian.

BardTard
07-15-2008, 03:41 AM
Very atheist.

Dr Unne
07-15-2008, 03:43 AM

God exists outside of time and space.

Mogi
07-15-2008, 03:44 AM
My religious beliefs are pending.

Rengori
07-15-2008, 03:52 AM

God exists outside of time and space.

But

But

You were Dr Unne.

Shut up, I can win this battle with God.

rubah
07-15-2008, 03:57 AM
God is sending me origami this week.
I went to church Sunday.

coincidence
???

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
07-15-2008, 04:06 AM
Oi. Lets tackle this thread.

I called myself atheist for a long time. But I have recently begun crafting a belief structure of my own. Kind of like Buddhism and Taoism, but there are no divine beings or godly beings. I do not believe in any sort of deity.

I suppose my beliefs are more of a personal soul thing. I won't call myself atheist anymore, but I don't really have anything to call myself either.

Woodinator
07-15-2008, 04:47 AM
I call myself agnostic if asked, but I do believe in God as a creator, since through research for a theology paper I've decided that science can't explain creation, or at least not yet.

I can't stand people who push their beliefs (religous or aethiest) on others...

The Summoner of Leviathan
07-15-2008, 04:56 AM

EDIT: Start with this part if you are interested in watching. YouTube - Zeitgeist - The Movie - 2 of 13 (Part 1 of 3 on Religion) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeZB2EsPqGE)

Speaking as a student of religious studies, I have to say that it is far from being a documentary. I did not bother to watch it all because I was so disgusted at what they tried to pass as true. If you want I can point out a number of their inaccuracies. There is obvious mutual influences between religions but they way it is presented there is ridiculous. I'll not say more lest this becomes a rant about it.

As for my own religious beliefs, I tend to be more spiritual. My beliefs in the divine could be categorized close to Neo-Pagan or Wiccan, though I am not practicing. I am a monist at heart though I chose to worship the divine as feminine. I am also panentheist (one who believes that the divine is present in everything) though borderline pantheist, I kinda slide between the two.

Madame Adequate
07-15-2008, 05:19 AM
Actually, if pressed, I would say I'm atheistic, but that I think something is going on. I don't know what. I don't propose to know what. But I was serious earlier when I said G'Kar has influenced me strongly.

If I take a lamp and shine toward the wall, a bright spot will appear on the wall. The lamp is our search for truth, for understanding. Too often we assume the light on the wall is God, but the light is not the goal of the search, it is the result of the search. The more intense the search, the brighter the light on the wall. The brighter the light on the wall, the greater the revelation upon seeing it. Similarly, someone who does not search, who does not bring a lantern with him, sees nothing. What we perceive as God is the by-product of our search for God. It may simply be an appreciation of the light, pure and unblemished. Not understanding that it comes from us, sometimes, we stand in front of the light and assume we are the center of the universe. God looks astonishingly like we do. Or we turn to look at our shadow and assume all is darkness. If we allow ourselves to get in the way, we defeat the purpose - which is use the light of our search to illuminate the wall in all its beauty and all it flaws, and in so doing, better understand the world around us.

*shrugs* I don't know what's going on in the universe and I won't proclaim to. If there is a God, or some pantheon of Gods, I would have to presume that they are so far beyond me that attempts to comprehend them just won't work without some direct observation or input on their part.

I will say this though: I agree with G'Kar when he said "We are the universe made manifest, trying to figure itself out". I agree with G'Kar when he says "Our thoughts form the universe. They are always important". That which is is important. That which feels is precious. But that which thinks, that which creates and dreams and builds? That is some far greater thing.

The universe, as far as I can see, came from a single point and has spread out to increasing complexity, always increasing complexity, and always doing so faster. The first stars took billions of years to live and die. The next generation, with the heavy elements needed for life and civilization, took as long. But life didn't take as long to arise, and from the creation of life to intelligent life was again much shorter, and from intelligent life to each of its many inventions is faster and faster. We are the complexity of the universe and we are adding to its complexity every day. God is not our origin, it is our future. And we are hurtling towards our future faster than people realize,

Kirobaito
07-15-2008, 05:40 AM
I believe that Progressive Christianity is the best term to describe my religious belief. I grew up in a Southern Baptist Church but no longer hold to that type of Christian tradition.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
07-15-2008, 05:50 AM
I'm nothing right now. I believe in God, I'm just not a fan of organized religion. :p

Laddy
07-15-2008, 06:29 AM
Basic Theism popular here, huh? Good, seems like a healthy and reasonble way to go.

Dynast-Kid
07-15-2008, 06:31 AM
Oooh, interesting topic so far.

Personally, I don't know what I am. I was raised Southern Baptist, but over time, i've drifted off from Christianity into the grey, blurry ether of Agnosticism. I still attend church with my family, but my heart's not always in it. Plus our pastor is kind of wack. xD

Do I believe in God? Yes, very much so. Am I religious? No, not really.

I believe, and I know that this'll sound a bit nihilstic & cynical, that humanity's search for the origin and meaning of life is a frutiless effort. Religion and Science are the extreme ends of the same spectrum, and while both have their believers and their convictions, I believe that neither holds the key to discovering life's deepest quesions.

That's why I believe that we all have to discover our own personal truths and make our own conclusions. You should never let others do the thinking for you; you have to discover the personal meaning to your own life. Books and teaching and preaching, in my belief, don't solve life's mystery, nor does science and facts and figures. To me, life is a giant jumbled mess of logic and emotion and questions. No one can tell you why you are here or who you are, you'll have to figure that out for yourself.

Also, alot of you know that i'm a total astrology nerd. Don't think for a second that I believe astrology is the end-all be-all of life's questions. I've found that I click with what alot of astrology does for me. But don't get me started, 'cause that's another topic for another day. xD

So yeah...That's my religion. :bigsmile:

Laddy
07-15-2008, 06:33 AM

Personally, I don't know what I am. I was raised Southern Baptist, but over time, i've drifted off from Christianity into the grey, blurry ether of Agnosticism. I still attend church with my family, but my heart's not always in it. Plus our pastor is kind of wack. xD

I believe, and I know that this'll sound a bit nihilstic & cynical, that humanity's search for the origin and meaning of life is a frutiless effort. Religion and Science are the extreme ends of the same spectrum, and while both have their believers and their convictions, I believe that neither holds the key to discovering life's deepest quesions.

That's why I believe that we all have to discover our own personal truths and make our own conclusions. You should never let others do the thinking for you; you have to discover the personal meaning to your own life. Books and teaching and preaching, in my belief, don't solve life's mystery, nor does science and facts and figures. To me, life is a giant jumbled mess of logic and emotion and questions. No one can tell you why you are here or who you are, you'll have to figure that out for yourself.

Also, alot of you know that i'm a total astrology nerd. Don't think for a second that I believe astrology is the end-all be-all of life's questions. I've found that I click with what alot of astrology does for me. But don't get me started, 'cause that's another topic for another day. xD

So yeah...That's my religion. :bigsmile:Let's make hick analbabies, Dynast, for you amaze me!

Dynast-Kid
07-15-2008, 06:37 AM

So yeah...That's my religion. :bigsmile:Let's make hick analbabies, Dynast, for you amaze me!

Anytime, babeh! :love:

Fonzie
07-15-2008, 07:10 AM
I'm a God fearing Athiest.

Kes
07-15-2008, 07:23 AM
Flying Spaghetti Monsterism.

It had to be said.

Miriel
07-15-2008, 09:12 AM
I believe there is more to life than just living and then dying. I think there's something beyond death. I just think there's more. More of what, I can't say.

I do go to a Presbyterian church every Sunday. Mostly cause I love seeing my family every week, and also for the food.

Levian
07-15-2008, 09:41 AM
My religion is to have as much fun as possible with friends and family. I'm not necessarily striving to make a positive difference in the world, but I'm dead set on not making a negative difference. Of course, I'm talking small scale here, I don't plan to invent a justice machine or anything.

Peegee
07-15-2008, 09:41 AM
I hold absolutely no dogmatic views whatsoever.

A Most Loved Man
07-15-2008, 10:03 AM

Oh no! There's azn's in my Topic! :eek:

Aerith's Knight
07-15-2008, 10:09 AM
Protestant, evangelic.

I also partly believe in evolution.(beginning is bull though)

Its not black or white, I believe the two are intertwined. Does it not answer the how, instead of the if?

One must look at the facts, and fill up the rest with faith.

Chibi Youkai
07-15-2008, 12:27 PM
I'm Methodist, although probably not a very good one. I have my own opinions on things, and I find it hard to let go of some of them.

Rantz
07-15-2008, 01:51 PM
I think Einstein put it quite nicely long before I had time to formulate my religion:

My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind.

Although it should be said that I do not believe in a deity of a "personality", or one that would communicate with anyone or anything; not a being itself, but rather a presence, not able to take action or "think" as we know it, just something that is.

Randgris
07-15-2008, 03:40 PM
According to my baptism book, I am Roman Catholic... :eep:

Breine
07-15-2008, 03:58 PM
I'm agnostic. :jess:

Me too! :jess:

Old Manus
07-15-2008, 04:18 PM
Devout Invisible Pink Unicorn-er

Peegee
07-15-2008, 05:22 PM

Hi Devil Man, how are you?

A Most Loved Man
07-15-2008, 05:35 PM

Which Azn country do you come from, O' Wise Mysterious Azn man!? :eek:

ValkyrieWing
07-15-2008, 05:36 PM
<---Wiccan. :3

Peegee
07-15-2008, 07:29 PM

Which Azn country do you come from, O' Wise Mysterious Azn man!? :eek:

I'm from Asiaia, Devil Man. What about you?

A Most Loved Man
07-15-2008, 08:10 PM
I'm from Asiaia, Devil Man. What about you?

Is Asiaia near Disneyland, O Wise Mysterious Azn Man!?!?! :eek:

May A Most Loved Man come and visit you and sleep in your bedroom with you, O Wise Mysterious Azn Man!?!? :hyper:

Kossage
07-15-2008, 08:20 PM
I'm Lutheran, although I'd say that nowadays I'm closer to being an Agnostic. :)

Monkey4Soul
07-15-2008, 11:10 PM
Touched by his noodly appendage.

RAmen.

(7th day adventist in actuality)

Heath
07-15-2008, 11:13 PM
If pushed, I'd consider myself a Christian but I don't really practice. I'm not entirely sure how exactly I feel on the matter of religion because I'm more liberal than the Church of England (I was christened as such). Having said that, I have a lot of respect for the current Archbishop of Canterbury.

Northcrest
07-15-2008, 11:20 PM

Same here

Akaria
07-15-2008, 11:44 PM
Atheist. Most people take comfort in knowing there's a god up there, and that there's big plans for each and every one of us. I take comfort in looking up at the stars and knowing how insignificant I am, how I won't matter in the long run.

That's the reason I can keep on as I am, with my attitude. If I thought there were big things planned for me, with a god watching over me, and I'd go somewhere else for eternity after I died...I actually don't like that idea.

Raistlin
07-16-2008, 02:20 AM
I stopped respecting God ever since he started fooling around on the forums arguing that he doesn't exist. What a loser deity!

Caraliz
07-16-2008, 02:34 AM
I don't want to be the center of my universe. I want something else to exist.

Jiro
07-16-2008, 02:56 AM
I'm one of those "There's something, but I don't know/ care what" types. Though I've forgotten what it's called, so I just tell people Buddhist to see their reactions :D

Bahamut2000X
07-16-2008, 03:37 AM
I believe in nothing. So Atheist.

Though I'm working on getting into the habit of telling the Bible Humping Recruiters that frequent in my store, that I believe in the Norse gods, and can't except their illegal soliciting of literature on their religion, because Odin would strike us both down.

Sadly no one has come in since I had that idea. :(

Raistlin
07-16-2008, 01:26 PM
I'm one of those "There's something, but I don't know/ care what" types. Though I've forgotten what it's called, so I just tell people Buddhist to see their reactions :D

Deism.

I don't want to be the center of my universe. I want something else to exist.

I have to ask: how does what you want have any bearing at all on what actually is?

Jojee
07-16-2008, 02:15 PM
I'm not sure how people can believe the concept of life after death. It seems so unrealistic to me. When you die, your conscience and memories die with it. It's not like you had memories before you were born (and memories are everything. It doesn't matter if you were a tree in your past life if you can't remember it) so why can consciences and souls be created but not destroyed? So yeah, I don't really believe in the concept of a soul that will transcend the earthly world, etc, etc. It's all tied in with your body. ^_^ I wish I did though, that's sort of depressing!

Polaris
07-16-2008, 02:51 PM
I am atheist since a long time ^^

Rantz
07-16-2008, 03:07 PM

Deism.

That's not exactly deism, is it? I'd rather call it a blend of theism and agnosticism. Agnostheism.

Spiffing Cheese
07-16-2008, 03:11 PM
I'm an atheist; I've never believed in any kind of god. :p

Gogo
07-16-2008, 03:49 PM
I used to be a Christian when I was alive, but then I died and saw that God doesn't exist. Such a shame.. all those prayers and stuff *sigh*

Peegee
07-16-2008, 04:29 PM
I'm not sure how people can believe the concept of life after death. It seems so unrealistic to me. When you die, your conscience and memories die with it. It's not like you had memories before you were born (and memories are everything. It doesn't matter if you were a tree in your past life if you can't remember it) so why can consciences and souls be created but not destroyed? So yeah, I don't really believe in the concept of a soul that will transcend the earthly world, etc, etc. It's all tied in with your body. ^_^ I wish I did though, that's sort of depressing!

It's not depressing it's liberating. Once you die it's all over and there are no responsibilities or expectations. You're free.

ps: <3 I didn't know that aboot you.

Rikku_Yuffie_girl
07-16-2008, 04:33 PM
I'm a Christian! But I don't go to Church or read the Bible everyday or anything.

The Shoeless Hobo
07-16-2008, 04:35 PM
I don't associate myself with religion. On a similar note, the pope drove past my house today.

Raistlin
07-16-2008, 05:54 PM
That's not exactly deism, is it? I'd rather call it a blend of theism and agnosticism. Agnostheism.

Theism and agnosticism are contradictory, since theism is the affirmation of a belief in a god, and agnosticism makes no such affirmation (making it a subset of atheism - a lack of theism). Deism is a subset of theism that has been considered a non-sectarian, non-organizational theism, so yeah, I would consider him lumped into that category.

Jojee
07-16-2008, 05:57 PM

It's not depressing it's liberating. Once you die it's all over and there are no responsibilities or expectations. You're free.

ps: <3 I didn't know that aboot you.

Only you're dead so you won't care or know if you're free >:[ You're just gone forever. I enjoy ilfe! I enjoy even the sad parts of life to no life.

Rantz
07-16-2008, 09:07 PM

Theism and agnosticism are contradictory, since theism is the affirmation of a belief in a god, and agnosticism makes no such affirmation (making it a subset of atheism - a lack of theism). Deism is a subset of theism that has been considered a non-sectarian, non-organizational theism, so yeah, I would consider him lumped into that category.

I wouldn't be so quick to lump him into any category, actually. :p It's naturally hard to classify someone's views by such a broad statement; he stated his belief on two points only: the existence and nature of a deity. This is why I would call it a blend of theism and agnosticism—his belief is theistic (http://www.reference.com/browse/wiki/Theism) in that he believes there is something (which I take as meaning a deity of sorts) and agnostic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnosticism) (in a broader sense than the strictly religious meaning) in that he is unsure of it's nature.

Wikipedia apparently has an article on Agnostic theism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnostic_theism). I should think that is the term we are looking for:

An agnostic theist can also be classified as someone who believes in a god yet does not understand how God or deities work.

Deism, on the other hand, is somewhat narrower:

Critical elements of deist thought included:

Rejection of all religions based on books that claim to contain the revealed word of God.
Rejection of reports of miracles, prophecies and religious "mysteries".
Rejection of the Genesis account of creation and the doctrine of original sin, along with all similar beliefs.
Rejection of Judaism, Christianity, Islam and other religious beliefs.

Constructive elements of deist thought included:

God exists and created the universe.
God wants human beings to behave morally.
Human beings have souls that survive death; that is, there is an afterlife.

Arc_Master_14
07-16-2008, 09:28 PM
I believe in nothing. So Atheist.

Though I'm working on getting into the habit of telling the Bible Humping Recruiters that frequent in my store, that I believe in the Norse gods, and can't except their illegal soliciting of literature on their religion, because Odin would strike us both down.

Sadly no one has come in since I had that idea. :( I am soooo trying that next time the Mormons come around.

capricious
07-16-2008, 10:27 PM
I'm Agnostic and I never even read the bible. But I'm leaning towards the Atheist road though.. Watching Jesus Camp made me feel... Weird. :confused:

Momiji
07-17-2008, 01:41 AM
I'm Agnostic and I never even read the bible. But I'm leaning towards the Atheist road though.. Watching Jesus Camp made me feel... Weird. :confused:

That is the dark side of Christianity there. I'll be the first to say not all Christians are like that.

Rengori
07-17-2008, 03:08 AM

That is the dark side of Christianity there. I'll be the first to say not all Christians are like that.
As someone with no religion I will back up that statement. I've met my fair share of good and bad Christians. If it weren't for the good ones I'd probably not be friends with about 3/4 of everyone I know.

Raistlin
07-17-2008, 04:58 AM

Jesus Camp is hilarious. I've seen it twice.

boris no no
07-17-2008, 07:52 AM
Wiccan ^^