PDA

View Full Version : Just Some Thoughts About the Game

Ziekfried
07-15-2008, 07:09 AM
Just post whatever thought you have about FFT here.

I was thinking the game could use a bunch of new classes, mainly about six new mage/quasi-mage classes such as the ever popular red mage, and then some new ones. Blue magic was featured in some FF games so we could use a blue mage too, and why not a yellow, green, violet, and orange mage that way they can do all sorts of crazy stuff. Like a mage that equips only armor and has only buff's for support magic. I dunno, really I just got carried away with the whole different colored mages thing.

KH-Cloudy
07-15-2008, 08:34 AM
Hmmmmm...FFTA2...

Dragonsoul
07-15-2008, 08:45 AM
It has a great story and the music is probably my 2nd favorite after Final Fantasy VI. All other aspects of it are great, I gave it a 10/10 score, it's on my favorite games...

My favorite rpg's! :eek:!!!
1. Final Fantasy VI
2. Chrono Trigger
3. Final Fantasy VII
4. Final Fantasy X
5. Final Fantasy Tactics
6. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

By the way, I've been listening to the Final Fantasy XII soundtrack nonstop for weeks now, check that out, it's by Hitoshi Sakimoto, who worked on the Final Fantasy Tactics soundtrack with Masaharu Iwata. :)

NeoTifa
07-17-2008, 07:06 PM
i think its too freaking hard!!!! which is probably why its my favorite now and i cant put it down. when i first got it, i was so confused. it took me at least 2-3 years just to learn how to play the damn thing. now i cant leave it alone ^_^ the class system is amazing, but the dispersal of jp is aggrivating me. in order to level up ramza enough to get him to be a summoner or something, you have to actually turn him into a time mage with knight or something secondary to even gain jp in time magic. that sucks though. i wanna be a knight and cast cure and get my experience/ jp in white magic!!!! :(

BG-57
07-26-2008, 08:19 PM
There's only one class that I would like to add...Necromancer! But I guess the makers of FF shy away from that kind of stuff.

It's my favorite FF and the PSX version is one of the few I've truly mastered.

It's got a suprisingly sophisticated plot that seems to suggest that to claim power, for whatever the intentions, will involve selling your soul. Not the usual save the world and be acclaimed as heroes.

The job system is terrific, especially in the way you can mix and match skills.

Bolivar
08-13-2008, 10:22 PM
Man, it's one of my favorite games of all time, and I personally believe it should be on every list of the greatest RPGs ever made.

Firstly, the look and feel of it just puts me on another level. I remember hearing so much about it and getting to see it from my RPG buddy while I was still playing VII, and I planned on getting it after I beat it. I remember you couldn't find it anywhere, as if it disappeared off the face of the earth, and when it came out on Playstation's Greatest Hits, I pre-ordered it. Finally getting to play it, years after that whole style of games was long gone, it was like I was getting high. No joke.

Gameplay-wise, I'm a huge Strategy RPG fan, so again, this puts me on another level. The customization, the way you can build up your army, it's just insane. I love just going out on random battles, building up JP and XP and being able to afford all that equipment that comes so fast. My only qualm is that you can only have 16 members, that's a little short for someone used to Shining Force.

Story - again, the political intrigue, the setting, the mythology, the characters, it's all apart of one of the best I've witnessed in a game. It's vintage Matsuno, all of the recurring themes in his work is here, and Ramza is a hero like no other. Despite being hte protagonist, the avatar of the player, there's still this level of understanding that you just can't grasp, he's one of my favorites.

Final Fantasy Tactics, man. What a trip.

NeoTifa
08-21-2008, 03:37 AM
best game ever. i did my level whoring regime. ramza is currently a level 60 lvl 1 samurai with jump secondary. i love how he can transition into any class, yet all characters seemed biased towards a certain class. its weird. ramza is a level 8/master in several catagories, and yet he is strongest as a monk. even a knight or lancer couldnt compare. knight - 210 dmg, lancer - 250 dmg, monk - 450 dmg. all at the same level? hmmmmmm

feioncastor
09-25-2008, 02:30 PM
I could go on forever talking about how amazing this game is. Seriously, if I get going on that subject, I'll end up posting a friggin novel.

Suffice it to say that FFT is my favorite game, ever. It's my favorite thing to do, at any given time. I've put thousands of hours into it, and I'm gonna put several thousand more before I'm through.

Yeah, I better stop now.

Philbro
09-25-2008, 05:48 PM
This game is a great game to play. The possibilites are endless in a way or which charecters you can train, what to get next, the missions, trying to get special charecters. Like the guy above me i also could write an essay about it so i will say its a great game and leave it at that.

Ziekfried
09-26-2008, 02:43 AM
I've been away from the forums for a while again and no doubt I will be again, but I come back and read all these posts and it's just great to see how everyone appreciates the same art but for different reasons. And yet understand that the whole piece is magnificent.