PDA

View Full Version : Zit Face! Zit Face! xD

Dynast-Kid
07-15-2008, 08:03 AM
Okay, so i've always had pretty nice clear, blemish-free skin. I've always prided myself on having better skin than my peers, although i've never been immune to pimples or zits. But over the past week, i've had FOUR pimples appear on my face! Although one of them may be a razor bump, there's still FOUR disgusting mountains of putridness uglifying my face! :cry:

I was crushed.

But just the other day, the MSN homepage had an article about using toothpaste to help clear up zits! The Great and Handsome Godly Gods and Goddesses of the Heavenly Heavens must've been smiling down upon me that day. I read the article hungrily.

According to the article, applying toothpaste to a zit can help clear it up. Intrigued, I tried it. And i'm happy to say that this litle remedy has so far been working greatly, so much so that one of the zits is completely gone! I am happy! :bigsmile:

So, friends, I ask that all of you share your dermatological tips and tricks! Do you have any remedies to get rid of pimples? What do you do to promote good skincare? Do you use lotion regularly (I do!)? Is your skin smooth and supple, or dry and cracky!?

I know that this is, after all, a Final Fantasy forum, and some of you may fall into the "acne-ridden" stereotype, but I want to hear what you guys have to say!

K? NAO GO!

Fonzie
07-15-2008, 08:05 AM
Due to my mothers terrible genes, I was cursed with mild acne.

Now I just have scars on my face. :(

Miriel
07-15-2008, 08:07 AM
I had the usual pimple problem in High School, but without doing much it's pretty much cleared away. I usually have nice clear skin, but right now I have bug bites everywhere including ones on my forehead that looks like a giant pimples. =/

Kes
07-15-2008, 08:10 AM
I used to have pretty bad skin. It's still not flawless, but I tend to not notice so much unless I get a really hideous zit or I have to look nice for something. I tend to put rubbing alcohol on my zits before they get too big, and that dries them out and makes them go away.

My great care for my skin is washing my face.

Though I have to say, while I have nothing against flawless skin, I think pimples actually give a face character. Depending on the person, a few spots can look rather attractive. I'm probably weird like that, but hey.

Dynast-Kid
07-15-2008, 08:29 AM
Due to my mothers terrible genes, I was cursed with mild acne.

Now I just have scars on my face. :(

Aww.

I have a few scars (or marks, if you will) from past bumps i've had too.

My great care for my skin is washing my face.

Though I have to say, while I have nothing against flawless skin, I think pimples actually give a face character. Depending on the person, a few spots can look rather attractive. I'm probably weird like that, but hey.

Haha, yeah! Washing your face regularly is pretty much the best thing you can do!

And as weird as it may sound, I do understand what you're saying. Flawless skin can sometimes feel bland, and a few distinguishing marks can enhance a face. But let's not go overboard...xD

sir helix
07-15-2008, 08:30 AM
i only get them on my nose oh so anti attractive

Tallulah
07-15-2008, 08:34 AM
I am 25, and still get spots. :( I squeezed a nasty one on my chin the other night.

I also have a skin complaint called acne rosacea, which gives the skin on my nose, cheeks and chin a blotchy red appearance. Luckilly I believe t's kept in check with Dianette, a kind of contraceptive pill, and it can be covered up with make up.

I live in fear it will get worse, though, my mum and aunt have it quite bad...

The Unknown Guru
07-15-2008, 08:58 AM
I have never had more than about three pimples on my face. I attribute this to good hygiene and use of a magical 2% salcylic acid solution bought at a local pharmacy.

Also, @Kes' comment: Pimples, no. Freckles, HELL yes.

Randgris
07-15-2008, 09:13 AM
According to the article, applying toothpaste to a zit can help clear it up. Intrigued, I tried it. And i'm happy to say that this litle remedy has so far been working greatly, so much so that one of the zits is completely gone! I am happy! :bigsmile:
It doesn't really cures acne. It just helps it 'dry' up faster.

Do you have any remedies to get rid of pimples?
I just let it be. If it gets reddish or white, never pop it. You could have an infection, especially if your hands are dirty.

What do you do to promote good skincare? Do you use lotion regularly (I do!)?
My face is always oily, so I use facial wash with antibacterial properties.

Is your skin smooth and supple, or dry and cracky!?
My face is often oily. Other body part skin is smooth (except the hairy parts...)

If you don't want to develop acne, try not to stay up too late, always wash your face. Never rub your face with a towel, pat it gently. Drink plenty of water, and eat tomatoes, fruits and veggies.

Ace14
07-15-2008, 10:12 AM
I used to have really bad skin, but I bought some kit thing that has some stuff that helps out with that problem :) Don't know what it's called but it works, I just hate when I forget to use it or I'm too lazy too because I break out easy and that usually happens

Shlup
07-15-2008, 10:14 AM
I've always had pretty bad skin. :/ Even now that I've mostly outgrown my pimple phase it's still blotchy and unattractive.

I Don't Need A Name
07-15-2008, 10:16 AM
i used to have it
i just took extreme medication that dried out my skin for half a year
unpleasant experience, but no more zits now :jess:

Balzac
07-15-2008, 10:17 AM
If you don't want to develop acne, try not to stay up too late, always wash your face. Never rub your face with a towel, pat it gently. Drink plenty of water, and eat tomatoes, fruits and veggies.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

i don't believe that staying up late nonsense. I stay up until 9am in the morning working a lot of times and I rarely get them.

Blue Harvest
07-15-2008, 10:50 AM
I had a rather bad acne problem when I was a teenager. Just the other day I found a pic of myself when I was 14 and...ugh.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
07-15-2008, 11:19 AM
Actually, I've never really had problem with zits or acne. I get a couple pimples from time to time when life is strenuous. But nothing major.

My problem is the ringworm that popped up on my face and won't go away. It stopped spreading and I have been treating it. But it just won't leave.

Rye
07-15-2008, 11:42 AM
Nope, I've always had very clear skin.

The way I look at it, it's only right, because I have to suffer with slow metabolism. If I had to be really careful about how I eat PLUS have acne, I would have offed myself by now.

For the record though, I'd rather have acne and have that super thin metabolism (I want to steal that metabolism from my boyfriend), than otherwise, because acne CAN go away with medication. You can't ProActiv (acne medicine) yourself into a size 4 pair of jeans though. ;o

So hold that as a little boost of confidence, those with acne!

blackmage_nuke
07-15-2008, 12:50 PM
I scratch till i bleed because im too stubborn to use any type of cream.

Momiji
07-15-2008, 02:33 PM
Nope, I've always had very clear skin.

The way I look at it, it's only right, because I have to suffer with slow metabolism. If I had to be really careful about how I eat PLUS have acne, I would have offed myself by now.

For the record though, I'd rather have acne and have that super thin metabolism (I want to steal that metabolism from my boyfriend), than otherwise, because acne CAN go away with medication. You can't ProActiv (acne medicine) yourself into a size 4 pair of jeans though. ;o

So hold that as a little boost of confidence, those with acne!

:kaoupset:

I was cursed with an extremely slow metabolism and acne as well, well, when I was younger at least. I think I've outgrown the acne for the most part, but the slow metabolism remains.

Markus. D
07-15-2008, 03:07 PM
I had major acne from year 8...10 ;-;

It calmed down by year 10.

Mannnnnn~~~~

Eiko Guy
07-15-2008, 03:32 PM
I've always had great skin except for the random pimple. But this summer hit me like a ton of bricks. I have five pimples across my face. Thats a record for me.
I've been living as very unhealthy life lately :[

Jojee
07-15-2008, 03:43 PM
Actually, I've never really had problem with zits or acne. I get a couple pimples from time to time when life is strenuous. But nothing major.

My problem is the ringworm that popped up on my face and won't go away. It stopped spreading and I have been treating it. But it just won't leave.

Um, what? Ringworms... grow in your face? What's a ringworm? This sounds <i>terrifying</i>. No pictures please.

I had really bad acne in middle school and throughout some of high school. Especially in middle school. Like, it was terrible. I still have acne from time to time now, but it's like a zit or two that pops up randomly, not a patch of zits all across your forehead, thank god ._.

Breine
07-15-2008, 04:05 PM
My skin is fine. I get the occasional pimple just like everybody else, but that's about it.

Some good advice is to drink lots of water, wash you face every morning and night and to not keep popping all those blackheads.. it's visible the next day.

escobert
07-15-2008, 04:18 PM
I was always really lazy and cba to shower. but i still never had "bad" skin. Yeah I got pimples but who doesn't when you're 16 :p

Jess
07-15-2008, 05:18 PM
I have really clear skin. I get like one spot every... couple of months? seriously. I've never really got spots, I've been incredibly lucky with that.

I just drink lots and lots of water. I rarely drink much else other than water. Except the occasional vimto, or ribena strawberry juice. :jess:

Avarice-ness
07-15-2008, 05:23 PM
I used to have a lot of break outs in high school, then it was normal if I had like one pop up around my lady time. Pregnancy killed like all zits for the last 8 months but since my hormones just shifted again I have one little one on my face.
My husband gets random breakouts pretty bad, not usually on his face but on like the back of his neck or his shoulder.

One of the best remedies that's seriously the most natural is the sun!

Dynast-Kid
07-15-2008, 05:57 PM
If you don't want to develop acne, try not to stay up too late, always wash your face. Never rub your face with a towel, pat it gently. Drink plenty of water, and eat tomatoes, fruits and veggies.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

i don't believe that staying up late nonsense. I stay up until 9am in the morning working a lot of times and I rarely get them.

I didn't say that, and i'm not sure I believe that either, as i've always been a night owl and haven't had lost of pimples...yet, anyways. ;__;

rubah
07-15-2008, 06:06 PM
my pimples tell me I'm gonna start menstruating in a week. If I leave them alone, they go away on their own, but I can't help myself from pick pickpicking at them ;_;

Jojee
07-15-2008, 06:18 PM
Yeah, I get zits around my period-time. :\

Shoeberto
07-15-2008, 06:41 PM
I've had acne since about age twelve. I'm 19 and still have it. The only thing the dermatologist ever gave me that worked had the side effect of horrible headaches.

Ko Ko
07-15-2008, 06:49 PM
I have never had acnes; but that is only because I refuse to wash my face with product.

I only use the well water.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
07-15-2008, 07:17 PM

Um, what? Ringworms... grow in your face? What's a ringworm? This sounds <i>terrifying</i>. No pictures please.

I had really bad acne in middle school and throughout some of high school. Especially in middle school. Like, it was terrible. I still have acne from time to time now, but it's like a zit or two that pops up randomly, not a patch of zits all across your forehead, thank god ._.

I bring pictures!!

Actually, it isn't that bad. They are just dried up circles on my neck. They ones on my face are barely noticeable. Especially after I shower, 'cause I use this face wash with exfoliating beads. :D

Quindiana Jones
07-15-2008, 07:23 PM
Trinny and Susannah told me about using toothpaste to dry up spots. I read it in one of their books that linger around my house.

On the other side of the fence, I don't generally get spotting or bleurgh. Happens sometimes, but it's rare. When it does, those bastards aren't there for long!

Dynast-Kid
07-15-2008, 07:28 PM
Trinny and Susannah told me about using toothpaste to dry up spots. I read it in one of their books that linger around my house.

It works alot better than I thought it would! It kind of converts the spots into scab-like things though.

And the area you apply the toothpaste to can become really dry (because the toothpaste draws out moisture), so i've been washing my face alot more before and after bed.

Caraliz
07-16-2008, 12:19 AM
Up until about 16, I had perfectly clear skin, never any acne or whiteheads or blackheads. I thought I was lucky because my best friend had to use lots of creams and medicines, but I got away with perfect skin without washing my face every day or making an effort.

Now I do the same thing, and I get zits all over my forehead. They're not as bad as they used to be, but I still hate them. My brother and sister both have pimples and they are 7 & 12 years older, respectively. So I have a lot of fun to look forward to when I turn 30!

Kirobaito
07-16-2008, 12:34 AM
I've never had particularly bad acne. I got zits like most others, but never more than one at a time, and they haven't really left scars.

Jessweeee♪
07-16-2008, 02:53 AM
I have awful awful acne that I inherited from my mother :mad2:

My face stays clear when I

1.) Wash my face (preferably with something especially for acne) and hair every day.
2.) Keep my hair out of my face. VERY IMPORTANT.

I always fail at step two, so my face is always awful. Especially near that time.

EDIT:

And I don't like Proactive >.<

If I forgot to use the stuff like once then my face would flare up. I mean what was I supposed to do? Use it the rest of my life?

rubah
07-16-2008, 03:12 AM
2.) Keep my hair out of my face. VERY IMPORTANT.

I know a guy that wore his hair over his face just to hide the acne. At least that was the excuse he gave me.

If I forgot to use the stuff like once then my face would flare up. I mean what was I supposed to do? Use it the rest of my life?
Just until menopause!

Jessweeee♪
07-16-2008, 03:16 AM
Acne is one of the reasons I wear my hair like that xD

I have fifty million.

Another one is because I'd have to either put my hair up with something or cut it, and I don't like either option. I only cut my hair when it becomes a safety hazard xD

mooglebunni608
07-16-2008, 03:20 AM
My skin is okay (except super pale with freckles that stand out in a very odd way when the light is bad or I'm dehydrated), but it chaps easily. Which is a pain, since I'm not used to buying expensive facial moisturizers ><
Not many pimples and zits though, but when I do get one, I dry it out with rubbing alcohol and then rip it off. It's painful and I DO NOT suggest you do this- it can scar, and it definetly leaves a scab for a really long time. I just get paranoid that the zit will sit on my face forever and then I freak out and go all crazy over it... You're better off doing your toothpaste routine.

Kes
07-16-2008, 06:27 AM
And I don't like Proactive >.<

I <i>used</i> Proactive once and my face flared up. And then I forgot why I stopped using it a few years later, used it one night and it did it again.

Though I don't know many other people who hate the stuff.

Levian
07-16-2008, 01:22 PM
My skin is a such a girl, it turns red if I so much as touch it.

I rarely get zits though.

capricious
07-17-2008, 04:57 PM
I'm free from zits. But I have blackheads on my nose... :( But they're slowly going. This is what I do:

1. Wash my face with cleansing lotion.. I use Avene.
2. Use Simple toner with cotton wool..
3. Use Slim Leaf Equilbrium Blackheads Extract on my nose with cotton wool..
4. Apply moisterizer... I use Avene, Ponds or Slim Leaf. XDD

I use Biore blackhead strippers and Avene Thermal Spring Water Spray twice a week. :D But going to cut it down to once a week. :greenie:

~*~Celes~*~
07-17-2008, 05:19 PM
I have mild acne =[ It used to be much, much worse when I was younger, but yeah.

Washing my face every day helps ^^

Zeldy
07-17-2008, 08:35 PM
I get spots due to how much make-up I wear, so I then apply more make-up to try and hide them resulting in getting even more.

It's a vicious, vicious circle..

Jessweeee♪
07-17-2008, 08:54 PM
Acne is reason #2 I don't wear make-up xD

Yamaneko
07-17-2008, 10:15 PM
Only after I juice.