PDA

View Full Version : Cid

blackmage_nuke
07-15-2008, 02:58 PM
So theres no Cid in this game, and rightfully so, its not a Final Fantasy, However if you were to dub one of the characters the honourable name of Cid whom would it be?

I'd probably go for Lucca's Father or One of the Guru.

LunarWeaver
07-16-2008, 02:30 AM
Lucca's father is a good choice. I will hop on your idea and ride that to sunset.

Roto13
07-16-2008, 04:45 AM
That old man at the end of time. :P

Skyblade
07-16-2008, 04:51 AM
I don't think it could be one of the Guru's. They're a trio, and I think it's better that they have names that fit together.

blackmage_nuke
07-16-2008, 05:18 AM
Good point. Maybe that Nu in the future that's one of the Guru's memories then.

Skyblade
07-16-2008, 05:15 PM
That Nu was simply a robot or golem designed to allow Balthazar to continue once he had passed on. Not quite important enough to be Cid, I don't think.

The big problem is that the Gurus are the best option for a Cid character. Each of them serves the proper role. Balthazar even gives you your airship (ok, it doesn't fly when he gives it to you, but still)! All three of the Gurus are important support characters, but only one of them can be Cid, and so none of them can be.

Shotgunnova
07-23-2008, 05:21 PM
The guy who wants to buy the naga-ette bromide...

Lone Wolf Leonhart
07-31-2008, 04:50 AM
That old man at the end of time. :P

perfect answer.

Elly
07-31-2008, 02:51 PM
unfortunatealy renaming one of the gurus would throw the reasoning for their names out the window, the names of the gurus are the names of the 3 wisemen that followed the star to the birth of christ... for that reason i'd have to agree that Taban is the Cid of FF, because the 3 gurus belong together and i couldn't picture seperating them...

Tonepoet
08-03-2008, 06:20 AM
To heck with genders, Lucca fits the role like a glove! She has the know how to repair a high tech robot made approximately 1000 years after the fact of her existence. That's the sort of mechanical genius only the great Cids can pull off in the Final Fantasy franchise. Lucca for Cid!

Zeromus_X
08-03-2008, 07:33 AM
I think Lucca's dad would fit the role perfectly. I wouldn't want any of the three gurus to be Cid for the aforementioned reason that they're named after the three magi and the reference would lose its significance.

Dr. Acula
08-04-2008, 02:15 AM
I don't think it could be one of the Guru's. They're a trio, and I think it's better that they have names that fit together.

Cid, Biggs, and Wedge?