PDA

View Full Version : RUMOR!!!: RE:CoM English Voice Actor Casting Call

SeeDRankLou
07-15-2008, 06:30 PM
Ok, let me say this again: RUMOR.

Over at kh2.co.uk they have posted the following from two people who seem to both be reliable KH informants. Now as we know, until Square-Enix says something about this this is just a rumor, however:

"I've confirmed this with MULTIPLE people.

I don't know if it's the full Final Mix+, or just Re:COM...

But we are getting Re:Chains Of Memories in the USA.

I've even been told the character artwork they are showing is the generic 'CGI Pose' of the Organization members that are up at damn near EVERY Kingdom Hearts fansite.

Square (or Disney, not sure), have been auditioning TONS of people for the last few weeks for voices of Organization XIII members (Vexen, Lexaeus, Zexion, Marluxia, and Larxene) saying the game is 'Chains of Memories'.

The casting people/paperwork are/is specifically calling it 'Kingdom Hearts Chains of Memories' and are SPECIFICALLY casting the 5 Organization members that I named in the article, all of whom were in CoM and don't have cast English voice actors (outside of those 5 I don't know if anyone else is being cast in any fashion, although I THINK those were the only 5 characters who are in CoM who don't already have English actors from KH/KH2).

So while it is possible they are being cast for 358/2 Days, the 'name' being told to people in the auditions is specifically CoM, I've reconfirmed that specific fact with quite a few people who auditioned and it has been consistent between them all."

Now I have never paid attention to who posts KH rumors, but kh2.co.uk calls these two "Two Neogaf Members, Aeana and Duckroll, both being respected as inside informants...", so this apparently isn't the first rumor one of these two has posted, and they've likely been right in the past.

OK, so if I'm not mistaken, the guy who voiced Reno in Advent Children is the same guy who voiced Axel (at least they sound the same), and the FF7 characters in KH2 had the same voice actors that Advent Children did. I think those two came out kind of around the same time, which probably means the voice actors from Advent Children stuck around to do both at or around the same time. Whatever truth this rumor may hold, it does make sense the while they have these voice actors they use them as much as they can while they have them. So if they are casting voice actors for 358/2 Days (if the DS can manage much in the way of voice acting), if they were thinking of making an English version of RE:CoM now would be an optimal time to do so while they have the voice actors. Or maybe this claim is entirely true and it's just for RE:CoM. Or maybe it's entirely crap.

IF this is more than a rumor however, I really don't see why they would have these voice actors, use them for 358/2 Days and RE:CoM and not use them for their 5 or 6 scenes in KH2:FM (or maybe more, I never counted). I mean if they're going to give us RE:CoM they might as well do the whole package.

*crosses fingers* I always did want to play RE:CoM. :D

Dynast-Kid
07-15-2008, 07:02 PM
Interesting! I'd love to see RE:CoM over here, especially since I never played the original on the GBA.

They should cast me as the voice for Zexion! :bigsmile:

Tavrobel
07-15-2008, 09:11 PM
They should cast me as the voice for Zexion!

No. You don't have the steady hands or the technology to pull off such a delicate operation.

Rumors enrage me. Until Blizzard SE confirms this, there is no Diablo III Re:CoM English. Axel already has a VA, and it is the same as the Reno dub. There's be no reason to change the VAs if they stuck around for another game, and the KH series is pretty good with voice consistency (except in a few certain exceptions). Also, I like Card games, too.

LunarWeaver
07-16-2008, 02:35 AM
Yay :jess: I need more keyblade in my life. Although I've already played it for the GBA. That's okay -- I'd play it again!

Jessweeee♪
07-16-2008, 03:14 AM
I hope it's true O:

CoM was pretty nice but I HATE HATE HATED the controls! It was really difficult for me to adjust to. A PS2 controller would be much easier for me to handle with the same controls.

...not to mention spiffy graphics and voice acting!

Dynast-Kid
07-16-2008, 10:20 PM
I hope it's true O:

A PS2 controller would be much easier for me to handle with the same controls.

...not to mention spiffy graphics and voice acting!

Those are pretty much the exact thoughts that I had when I first read the rumour! xD

I Don't Need A Name
08-06-2008, 03:02 PM
Would it be released in the EU then if it is released in the US?
i just love the way they made Larxene a psycho in the Japanese RE:CoM so that'll be even cooler in english xD

Xalioniaf
08-06-2008, 04:11 PM
Would be neat if it's true, not expecting it to be.

Goldenboko
08-07-2008, 03:09 PM
I'll believe it when I see it. :o