PDA

View Full Version : Location: Ohio

Yar
07-16-2008, 04:25 AM
Out of all the states I see listed under "location" for users here, Ohio is the I see listed most often. I don't know if it's just because the majority of users are from Ohio or the majority is just ashamed of their home, or they're just trying to be funny about their location and are failing miserably, I guarantee Ohio is listed most as far as states go.

So here goes: an Ohio-lovefest thread!

You should come to our state for tourism, and you can witness our miraculous... covered bridges (http://www.dot.state.oh.us/se/coveredbridges/)!
We're called the "Buckeye State," because we just so good at taking a Reese's cup, and presenting in nut-form (http://busylivinglife.blogspot.com/2007/12/buckeye.html).
Our roller-coasters (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Roller_coasters_in_Ohio) out-number California's palm trees.

Our water is better than yours, it's flammable (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuyahoga_River)!
The city of Toledo is so great, Michigan dared make a war (http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A2773307) claiming it was theirs! All 0 people killed died for a good cause.
While teenagers in other states want new cars, we Ohioans are more worried about getting that pink space shuttle (http://www.nasa.gov/centers/glenn/about/bios/ohioast.html) for our Sweet-16.
Ohio is kind of like Kansas, except we choose to put cities between our corn fields, not more corn.
We don't have "washers and dryers," we have "warshers and dryers!"
We don't have "soda," we have "pop!"
We're so cool, that our sports teams don't have to use the colors stated in their name! (http://www.clevelandbrowns.com)
Our flag is the only flag that isn't rectangular (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Ohio)! Well, I guess if you choose to totally ignore Nepal...
Sometimes we're a red state, sometimes we're a blue state! It all depends on who is better at lying.
Ya know, Tommy Boy was set in Sandusky.
And best of all, Ohio is great because it is home! :D

Who is from or has some relation to Ohio? Post all the great things you love about Ohio here!

Haters: Keep your anti-Ohio propaganda away from this thread. :p

Jessweeee♪
07-16-2008, 04:32 AM
What? So because I don't have a specific location I'm trying to be "funny" or "quirky" or something?

Can't I just put something different there just befreakingcause?

The internets are making me mad today :mad2:

rubah
07-16-2008, 04:34 AM
you could infer that this simply means that ohioans lack imagination!

Vyk
07-16-2008, 04:36 AM
Mine's "different" but it wasn't to be funny. But I don't think our friend was trying to offend anyone by that comment

*PatPatJess*

I'm from/in Ohio and I too have noticed :]

I'm not ashamed of Ohio. I just don't feel the need to broadcast it

Are you planning on preparing a meet-up or something? Or just making an observation?

BardTard
07-16-2008, 04:39 AM
I'm from Illinois but I've been to Ohio a few times.

Avarice-ness
07-16-2008, 04:52 AM
My husband was born and raised in Ohio.

I've never been there.

Yar
07-16-2008, 04:54 AM
I didn't mean to offend, :( it's just some people aren't funny with the 20 characters they're allotted.

Vyk: I'm just observing. How can I plan a meet-up with fuel at $4 a gallon? :p

Jojee
07-16-2008, 05:00 AM
I've never been to Ohio xD It sort of seems like in the middle of nowhere, but who am I to talk I'm in Wisconsin~!

Vyk
07-16-2008, 05:13 AM
Oh it definitely IS the middle of nowhere. But its not like its America's armpit or something. We're bland and nothing but we don't outright suck or anything. Woo!

/CedarPoint

Kirobaito
07-16-2008, 05:39 AM
The Browns do use brown. Their home jerseys are brown.

Denmark
07-16-2008, 05:43 AM
I'm tempted to change my location to Ohio, just to confuse people. Because the name "Denmark" doesn't confuse people enough about my location.

Shoeberto
07-16-2008, 05:43 AM
Oh it definitely IS the middle of nowhere. But its not like its America's armpit or something. We're bland and nothing but we don't outright suck or anything. Woo!

/CedarPoint
Yeah... we have most of the qualifications of boring states with just enough cool things (big amusement parks) to be elevated to "meh."

It's okay when you have friends around. Most small towns don't really have anything to do, though. To socialize or even just to work... unless you like retail or factory jobs.

Jiro
07-16-2008, 05:57 AM
My location isn't trying to be funny, but I don't overly think anybody on this forum will know where I live if I told them. So no point :)

rubah
07-16-2008, 06:12 AM
Perhaps we should have a western ohio/eastern indiana mini-meet. Anyone else live in between Muncie and Dayton?

Vyk
07-16-2008, 06:37 AM
Very... near... Dayton...

rubah
07-16-2008, 06:37 AM
excellent, you are eligible for participating in hsubah lovetime summer 2008.

Shoeberto
07-16-2008, 06:44 AM
Hey me too. About an hour northwest.

Vyk
07-16-2008, 09:40 AM
I'm about an hour North. Right along I-75 between Dayton and Toledo

Rubah's gonna organize an Ohio meet-up and doesn't even live here xD

I've paid attention over the years and know a good half dozen or so users in and around the area. Most of which are banned or not active much/anymore :[

Levian
07-16-2008, 09:58 AM
There's no point in me putting down Norway under location, nobody ever comes here.

Rye
07-16-2008, 12:58 PM
I think NY is listed a lot, isn't it? But most of our Noo Yoikers are the boring upstate-area kind. Not many live in NYC/downstate/long island. I think there is only one member who lived real close to me, but he's gone now. ;;

Loony BoB
07-16-2008, 02:31 PM
When I'm home, I have to find out the most-used locations. I'm interested now.

Rantz
07-16-2008, 02:54 PM
o hi.

Vyk
07-16-2008, 03:52 PM

Sweet. That -would- be interesting information

Breine
07-16-2008, 04:04 PM

Sweet. That -would- be interesting information

Actually, yeah. I think I'm the only one from Denmark (at least the only active one)? The only other member I can think of is Chris, and as far as I remember he's only part-time Danish..

Misfit
07-16-2008, 04:22 PM
What? So because I don't have a specific location I'm trying to be "funny" or "quirky" or something?

Can't I just put something different there just befreakingcause?
There there, the internets aren't srs biznis.

And as for me? Pennsylvania. Most boring state ever.

Peegee
07-16-2008, 04:26 PM
Ohio is so close to where I live. Do it do it!

Vyk
07-16-2008, 04:50 PM

o.O Where are you? Windsor or something?

Edit: I know a lot of awesome Penny people, Misfit. But I guess just 'cause people are awesome doesn't mean their home area is xD

Randgris
07-16-2008, 04:55 PM
I'm not from Ohio, I'mnot even American. I'm hundreds of miles away from the nearest American state.

Hint: Its an archipelago...

Anyhow, I the way you described your place, reminded me of, Kansas.

Yar
07-16-2008, 05:00 PM
There there, the internets aren't srs biznis.

You're telling me. The only reasons we have for going to Pennsylvania is to drive through to New York. It's so long too!

When my dad worked in the steel industry he constantly had to drive to Pittsburgh, which luckily isn't that far into Pennsylvania.

rubah
07-16-2008, 05:37 PM
I'm going to be living in ohio for two weeks :(

Vyk
07-16-2008, 06:28 PM
Frowny face. Yeah right. You'll love it. Hit up Cedar Point if you haven't. Or go the other direction for Sea World or something. Good stuff all around

Yar
07-16-2008, 06:48 PM
Frowny face. Yeah right. You'll love it. Hit up Cedar Point if you haven't. Or go the other direction for Sea World or something. Good stuff all around

I don't know that Sea World is there anymore. :( I remember Cedar Fair buying Six Flags and naming it back to Geauga Lake. Then they tore the amusement park half down last year and now it's just a water park. :(

Peegee
07-16-2008, 07:05 PM

o.O Where are you? Windsor or something?

Edit: I know a lot of awesome Penny people, Misfit. But I guess just 'cause people are awesome doesn't mean their home area is xD

No lol I live in Barrie which is like 5 hrs from Windsor

But from a relative distance to say, Chicago or NYC, it's super close xD

Shoeberto
07-16-2008, 07:10 PM
I think we were going to do King's Island at one point when she was here, but money or something didn't work out. I don't know if we (well, I) could work up the cash to go somewhere like that, unfortunately.

But if we could get a bunch of people from the Ohio area together to hang out for a bit that'd be fun. Momiji lives in eastern Indiana and Allie was wanting to do something with him. Maybe we could pick a place like Lima or something for everyone to meet up.
(I've never been to Lima but it seems like it's a decent sized city sort of equidistant from where people are saying they're at)

~*~Celes~*~
07-16-2008, 07:26 PM
I'm about an hour North. Right along I-75 between Dayton and Toledo

Rubah's gonna organize an Ohio meet-up and doesn't even live here xD

I've paid attention over the years and know a good half dozen or so users in and around the area. Most of which are banned or not active much/anymore :[
for seriously? I live like, 10 minutes south of Toledo :p

Yar
07-16-2008, 07:29 PM
But if we could get a bunch of people from the Ohio area together to hang out for a bit that'd be fun. Momiji lives in eastern Indiana and Allie was wanting to do something with him. Maybe we could pick a place like Lima or something for everyone to meet up.
(I've never been to Lima but it seems like it's a decent sized city sort of equidistant from where people are saying they're at)

I used to work in Lima. It scares the crap out of me, downtown anyway. I was once getting into my car and this guy came up to me with his hands in his jacket. I thought he was going to jack my car or shoot me or something, but he just wanted some money for the bus. :)

It's not really as bad of a city as people say it is, but a lot of it looks like a ghetto because a lot of the people are poor. :(

~*~Celes~*~
07-16-2008, 07:31 PM
Anyone else from a town that isn't even on the map known as Walbridge? Kgo!

EDIT: Also, Vaern is from Ohio...either Lima or Findlay, can't remember which :P

Yar
07-16-2008, 07:33 PM

EDIT: Also, Vaern is from Ohio...either Lima or Findlay, can't remember which :P

I've driven through Walbridge. We got lost coming home from Detroit.

Shoeberto
07-16-2008, 07:39 PM

I used to work in Lima. It scares the crap out of me, downtown anyway. I was once getting into my car and this guy came up to me with his hands in his jacket. I thought he was going to jack my car or shoot me or something, but he just wanted some money for the bus. :)

It's not really as bad of a city as people say it is, but a lot of it looks like a ghetto because a lot of the people are poor. :(
Like I said... I've never been there xD I think my parents like to go there and get Godfather's pizza but I don't know much about it. We'd probably need someone familiar with the area xD

~*~Celes~*~
07-16-2008, 07:41 PM

I've driven through Walbridge. We got lost coming home from Detroit.

that makes me LOL :D Did you drive through the side with a school or the side with a bunch of side streets to the right and a CSX railyard off to the left?

Bahamut2000X
07-16-2008, 07:48 PM
Eh Ohio's alright. It's not nearly as much of a hick state as everyone believes us to be though. We're more of a ninja state. After all the guy who popularized ninja's ('http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_K._Hayes') lives here.

Oh and yes to an Ohio meet up. This time I can get there in under half a day. XD

Loony BoB
07-16-2008, 07:50 PM
<table border="1" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="1"><tr><td width="30px">1</td><td width="250px">England</td><td width="30px">123</td></tr><tr><td>2</td><td>Australia</td><td>114</td></tr><tr><td>3</td><td>UK</td><td>106</td></tr><tr><td>4</td><td>Canada</td><td>94</td></tr><tr><td>5</td><td>California</td><td>58</td></tr><tr><td>5</td><td>usa</td><td>58</td></tr><tr><td>7</td><td>Ohio</td><td>51</td></tr><tr><td>8</td><td>Florida</td><td>49</td></tr><tr><td>9</td><td>Scotland</td><td>47</td></tr><tr><td>10</td><td>Texas</td><td>42</td></tr><tr><td>11</td><td>Sweden</td><td>38</td></tr><tr><td>12</td><td>Finland</td><td>34</td></tr><tr><td>13</td><td>ireland</td><td>32</td></tr><tr><td>14</td><td>Michigan</td><td>30</td></tr><tr><td>15</td><td>Midgar</td><td>29</td></tr><tr><td>16</td><td>New York</td><td>28</td></tr><tr><td>16</td><td>New Zealand</td><td>28</td></tr><tr><td>18</td><td>London</td><td>25</td></tr><tr><td>18</td><td>Portugal</td><td>25</td></tr><tr><td>20</td><td>zanarkand</td><td>24</td></tr><tr><td>21</td><td>Malaysia</td><td>23</td></tr><tr><td>21</td><td>Spira</td><td>23</td></tr><tr><td>23</td><td>New Jersey</td><td>22</td></tr><tr><td>24</td><td>Earth</td><td>21</td></tr><tr><td>24</td><td>norway</td><td>21</td></tr><tr><td>26</td><td>the Netherlands</td><td>20</td></tr><tr><td>26</td><td>United States</td><td>20</td></tr><tr><td>28</td><td>Somewhere</td><td>19</td></tr><tr><td>29</td><td>philippines</td><td>18</td></tr><tr><td>30</td><td>Balamb Garden</td><td>17</td></tr><tr><td>30</td><td>Georgia</td><td>17</td></tr><tr><td>30</td><td>Germany</td><td>17</td></tr><tr><td>30</td><td>here</td><td>17</td></tr><tr><td>34</td><td>Denmark</td><td>16</td></tr><tr><td>34</td><td>in a house</td><td>16</td></tr><tr><td>34</td><td>Indiana</td><td>16</td></tr><tr><td>37</td><td>Hell</td><td>15</td></tr><tr><td>37</td><td>Illinois</td><td>15</td></tr><tr><td>37</td><td>PA</td><td>15</td></tr><tr><td>37</td><td>Washington</td><td>15</td></tr><tr><td>37</td><td>Wisconsin</td><td>15</td></tr><tr><td>42</td><td>Ontario, Canada</td><td>14</td></tr><tr><td>42</td><td>United Kingdom</td><td>14</td></tr><tr><td>42</td><td>US</td><td>14</td></tr><tr><td>45</td><td>Belgium</td><td>13</td></tr><tr><td>45</td><td>Chicago</td><td>13</td></tr><tr><td>45</td><td>Netherlands</td><td>13</td></tr><tr><td>48</td><td>Gaia</td><td>12</td></tr><tr><td>48</td><td>Holland</td><td>12</td></tr><tr><td>48</td><td>Los Angeles</td><td>12</td></tr><tr><td>48</td><td>Minnesota</td><td>12</td></tr><tr><td>48</td><td>North Carolina</td><td>12</td></tr><tr><td>48</td><td>Toronto</td><td>12</td></tr><tr><td>48</td><td>UnKnOwn</td><td>12</td></tr><tr><td>48</td><td>Wales</td><td>12</td></tr><tr><td>56</td><td>ca</td><td>11</td></tr><tr><td>56</td><td>NY</td><td>11</td></tr><tr><td>56</td><td>Oregon</td><td>11</td></tr><tr><td>56</td><td>Pennsylvania</td><td>11</td></tr><tr><td>56</td><td>san diego</td><td>11</td></tr><tr><td>56</td><td>Virginia</td><td>11</td></tr><tr><td>62</td><td>Alabama</td><td>10</td></tr><tr><td>62</td><td>Arizona</td><td>10</td></tr><tr><td>62</td><td>Brazil</td><td>10</td></tr><tr><td>62</td><td>Greece</td><td>10</td></tr><tr><td>62</td><td>Ivalice</td><td>10</td></tr><tr><td>62</td><td>NC</td><td>10</td></tr><tr><td>68</td><td>America</td><td>9</td></tr><tr><td>68</td><td>Behind you</td><td>9</td></tr><tr><td>68</td><td>Hawaii</td><td>9</td></tr><tr><td>68</td><td>Kentucky</td><td>9</td></tr><tr><td>68</td><td>London, England</td><td>9</td></tr><tr><td>73</td><td>...</td><td>8</td></tr><tr><td>73</td><td>Colorado</td><td>8</td></tr><tr><td>73</td><td>CONNECTICUT</td><td>8</td></tr><tr><td>73</td><td>home</td><td>8</td></tr><tr><td>73</td><td>in my house</td><td>8</td></tr><tr><td>73</td><td>Iowa</td><td>8</td></tr><tr><td>73</td><td>Los Angeles, CA</td><td>8</td></tr><tr><td>73</td><td>Manchester, England</td><td>8</td></tr><tr><td>73</td><td>maryland</td><td>8</td></tr><tr><td>73</td><td>Melbourne, Australia</td><td>8</td></tr><tr><td>73</td><td>My House</td><td>8</td></tr><tr><td>73</td><td>NJ</td><td>8</td></tr><tr><td>73</td><td>Puerto Rico</td><td>8</td></tr><tr><td>73</td><td>The Promised Land</td><td>8</td></tr><tr><td>87</td><td>Las Vegas</td><td>7</td></tr><tr><td>87</td><td>Massachusetts</td><td>7</td></tr><tr><td>87</td><td>Missouri</td><td>7</td></tr><tr><td>87</td><td>Singapore</td><td>7</td></tr><tr><td>87</td><td>TN</td><td>7</td></tr><tr><td>87</td><td>U.k</td><td>7</td></tr><tr><td>93</td><td>Arkansas</td><td>6</td></tr><tr><td>93</td><td>Balamb</td><td>6</td></tr><tr><td>93</td><td>cali</td><td>6</td></tr><tr><td>93</td><td>Farplane</td><td>6</td></tr><tr><td>93</td><td>Heaven</td><td>6</td></tr><tr><td>93</td><td>Houston, TX</td><td>6</td></tr><tr><td>93</td><td>Italy</td><td>6</td></tr><tr><td>93</td><td>Luca</td><td>6</td></tr><tr><td>93</td><td>Mexico</td><td>6</td></tr><tr><td>93</td><td>nowhere</td><td>6</td></tr><tr><td>93</td><td>Pittsburgh, PA</td><td>6</td></tr><tr><td>93</td><td>Poland</td><td>6</td></tr><tr><td>93</td><td>San Jose</td><td>6</td></tr><tr><td>93</td><td>South africa</td><td>6</td></tr><tr><td>93</td><td>South Carolina</td><td>6</td></tr><tr><td>93</td><td>Sydney, Australia</td><td>6</td></tr><tr><td>93</td><td>the World That Never Was</td><td>6</td></tr><tr><td>93</td><td>U.S.</td><td>6</td></tr><tr><td>93</td><td>Utah</td><td>6</td></tr></table>

Jojee
07-16-2008, 08:12 PM

Pennsylvania has Philly! It's sort of interesting. ^_^

Wow, there are a lot of people in Ohio. More than any other state. :3

I should add a location sometime.

Yar
07-16-2008, 08:23 PM
Pennsylvania has Philly! It's sort of interesting. ^_^

Wow, there are a lot of people in Ohio. More than any other state. :3

I should add a location sometime.

California at #5 is a state! Though I have probably only seen 3 people who have it listed. Maybe the rest are inactive.

Jojee
07-16-2008, 08:33 PM
California is more like its own country~ :p

I had no idea there were so many Midwest people either.

Miriel
07-16-2008, 08:39 PM
There's 112 people listed under California (CA, Los Angeles, Los Angeles-CA, San Diego, San Jose).

But yeah, I think most of 'em are inactive.

LunarWeaver
07-16-2008, 08:48 PM
There are only 16 of us in Indiana xD I know Momiji is one. We should get together and run through cornfields.

Caraliz
07-16-2008, 09:09 PM
Lol balamb garden rofl.

Anyways, Ohio sucks balls. It's like the crappy part of Illinois you have to drive through to get to St. Louis!

Yar
07-16-2008, 09:33 PM
Pfft. Vermont isn't much better. Just a bunch of bed-and-breakfasts and maple syrup collectors. :p

Vyk
07-16-2008, 11:01 PM
For the record. I live in Lima. Its large, yes. Convenient, yes. Fun, no. Good meet up place, but I dunno if you'd wanna stay here long. But yeah, if thats what y'all want, if/when it happens. I'll tell ya all I know

Jessweeee♪
07-17-2008, 12:15 AM
I wasn't serious ._.

...anyway...everyone who cares knows where I live because I talk about it too much. I went to Ohio with my dad while he was working once for like a day, don't remember much about it.

rubah
07-17-2008, 12:21 AM
what all does lima have to offer?

if nothing else, we could all hang out in the mall in Piqua. It has a couple of decent stores but not many.

Peegee
07-17-2008, 12:24 AM
Ontario, Canada 14

Who are these people? I can only name 3.

KentaRawr!
07-17-2008, 12:34 AM
Hey me too. About an hour northwest.

I'm a hop, skip, and a car ride away from Dayton.

Hmm.

Yar
07-17-2008, 01:05 AM
what all does lima have to offer?

if nothing else, we could all hang out in the mall in Piqua. It has a couple of decent stores but not many.

Lima has a good, not great, mall. There's also a newer, nice but expensive theater.

There used to be a place called "Squirty Worm" with go-karts and such, but I'm not sure that it's still open. :(

There is an adult video-store. :cool:

We used to go to Lima all the time. Now whenever we want to go out we typically go to Findlay or the other direction to Columbus.

Findlay is a nicer version of Lima. It's a bit bigger, and is growing, odd for an Ohio city. They have an ice-rink and a new theater and a mall similar in quality to Lima's.

Columbus has basically everything, but it is a larger city. We like to go to Easton, which is a sweet outdoor shopping center. They have really nice restaurants. There is Short North too, and the Arena District. We also usually go to Tuttle Crossing Mall and go to Blue Jackets games a LOT to spend evenings.

But the best thing to do in Ohio is Cedar Point. King's Island is good too. You can also do hiking and such; Ohio is more than just Kansas with people.

EDIT: You may not be able to tell by reading, but we pronounce "Lima" as "LIE-muh," not "LEE-muh." It's a thing with Ohio, butchering city names like Toledo, Versailles, Marseilles and shortening "Wapakoneta" to just "Wapak."

rubah
07-17-2008, 01:15 AM
haha yeah I knew about "ver-sales"

Hmm, every place except dayton is two hours away from greenville xD
Are they still doing construction on I-70?

Yar
07-17-2008, 01:17 AM

I'd bet they are somewhere. There's a joke that goes "Öhïö has two seasons, winter and road construction."

EDIT:
The three new lanes of Interstate 70 westbound are now open from U.S. 42 in Madison County to state Route 54 in Clark County.

Two lanes of I-70 eastbound will be open throughout the winter. The final layer of asphalt will be installed early next year when temperatures are warm enough.

That's what I found.

Shoeberto
07-17-2008, 01:18 AM

I don't think they're ever not doing construction on 70.

I've never been to Findlay. Columbus is fun. King's Island and Cedar Point are like really far away from me though.

Oh, another mispronunciation of a little burg most of you have probably never heard of: Russia, pronounced roo-shee.

Jessweeee♪
07-17-2008, 01:19 AM
What's round on both ends and high in the middle o:

Caraliz
07-17-2008, 01:35 AM
Hey, Vermont is hilly and interesting. If Vermont was a woman, it'd be getting way more action than flat chested Ohio.

rubah
07-17-2008, 01:41 AM
except ohio is a heart

Yar
07-17-2008, 01:48 AM
But Florida is a penis!

Jessweeee♪
07-17-2008, 01:54 AM
Or a bent arm or leg.

Bahamut2000X
07-17-2008, 02:53 AM
But Florida is a penis!

And small unexcited one at that! Whoaaaa!!!! *rim shot*

Anno Domini
07-17-2008, 04:16 AM
Been to ohio.

meh.

Jessica_wohoo
07-17-2008, 04:45 AM
I've been to Ohio once though!

Meh, EoFF surely needs more people from Sweden!

Vyk
07-17-2008, 06:50 AM
Okay I've lived in Ohio all my life and even I don't know all this translation jarble. Yes Lima is pronounced different from the capital of Peru. But I've heard varying reasons for it. One is the Lima Bean which I think is the false one. The other has to do with all the lime stone around here. Which I think is a lot more plausible. Because we are freaking thick with it here

And I don't think Findlay is larger. Its just nicer. Lima is like Columbus. Its split up in sections, most of which you don't realize are part of Lima. Downtown Lima is pretty small though. But large enough to be annoying

As for what we have... Uh our mall is lackluster and only exists for preppy brats. Expensive theater is an understatement. Nice yes. $3.75 for a bottle of water from their vending machine, no. (I was just there last night for Hancock)

We have a strip club, a teenage dance/night club. And a freaking crap load of little bars/pubs

Everything is just necessity/luxury. Fastfood, big stores. Stuff that wouldn't matter in a meet-up

We have a roller rink up north. Two bowling alleys. I know one has billiards. Um... *Think*

Actually I'm going to have to think a lot lol I'm sure we have interesting stuff that I just don't pay attention to. But I know little ol' Wapak has a a better museum than us :[ They're only like 15 minutes away though

We do have our own observatory though

Yar
07-17-2008, 06:58 AM
Actually I'm going to have to think a lot lol I'm sure we have interesting stuff that I just don't pay attention to. But I know little ol' Wapak has a a better museum than us :[ They're only like 15 minutes away though

I've been to that observatory! :p The last lunar eclipse, we went to see it in the big telescope. They were pretty proud of the fact that it's the only municipally owned observatory in the nation.

But yes, the Neil Armstrong Museum is cool. But come on, just wait until the Phyllis Diller museum opens in Lima. :p

My town sucks... :( All we have is a crappy theater and a Wal-Mart.

~*~Celes~*~
07-17-2008, 08:18 AM

I've been to that observatory! :p The last lunar eclipse, we went to see it in the big telescope. They were pretty proud of the fact that it's the only municipally owned observatory in the nation.

But yes, the Neil Armstrong Museum is cool. But come on, just wait until the Phyllis Diller museum opens in Lima. :p

My town sucks... :( All we have is a crappy theater and a Wal-Mart.

My town (if you can even call it that...it's more like a village, really) has two bars, a restaurant, a library, a pizza place, a school, two or three churches, and on the outskirts we have a dollar general, laundry place, and a tiny ice cream shop.

:(

NeoTifa
07-17-2008, 06:47 PM
ooooooooooooohhh!!!!! i thought i was like the only one!!!! <3 i live by springfield! (45 mins ne of dayton) columbus is sweet for a meetup, but its mostly just strip clubs and such. ki is almost dissapointing now cuz cedar point bought it (stupid whores) and theyre changing the name of everything!!!!! >=0 (noo! its not flight deck! its top gun!!!!!)

i grew up in columbus and dayton so i know them like the back of my hand almost. and i-70 is under construction from englewood to just past springfield. so basically everywhere i drive is under construction. sr 201 is jacked in huber heights too and i-75 is screwy in downtown dayton, but once you get closer to west carrolton its decent again

Shoeberto
07-17-2008, 07:07 PM
If we hit up C-Bus we could just walk up and down High Street and check out the shops. There's a lot of places there.

Dayton has Fairfield Mall which is huge.

Those are the only places I really can think of :D Just some ideas.

NeoTifa
07-17-2008, 07:10 PM
fairfield is beavercreak you silly willy! :trout:

dayton has dayton mall. :p (which is actually in west carrolton sorta)

edit: omg the greene in kettering!!!!! we can watch movies, then walk to mongolian grill, then buy manga, and then watch a live jazz band or something and play in the water fountain that shoots from teh ground (like times square)

Yar
07-17-2008, 07:41 PM
ooooooooooooohhh!!!!! i thought i was like the only one!!!! <3 i live by springfield! (45 mins ne of dayton) columbus is sweet for a meetup, but its mostly just strip clubs and such. ki is almost dissapointing now cuz cedar point bought it (stupid whores) and theyre changing the name of everything!!!!! >=0 (noo! its not flight deck! its top gun!!!!!)

Cedar Fair has to change the names because Top Gun and Face/Off etc. are Paramount movies. They can't keep the names because they aren't Paramount. Similar to when they bought Geauga Lake and had to change the names from stuff like Batman and Superman to Dominator and such.

I'd like to think there's stuff to do here... There's the zoo in Columbus that's nice. COSI used to be good until they rebuilt it.

Shoeberto
07-17-2008, 08:04 PM
I'd like to think there's stuff to do here... There's the zoo in Columbus that's nice. COSI used to be good until they rebuilt it.
Ohhhhhhhh COSI. I would love to go there. I haven't been in ages.

Bahamut2000X
07-17-2008, 09:18 PM
The new COSI after they rebuilt it is pretty nifty. Been a few years since I last went there. Actually I think my last time was when I volunteered there back in 7th or 8th grade. XD

I'm down for a Columbus meet up though. I live right on the edge between Worthington and Westerville. And if anyone needs a place to crash we got a fold out bed. And my room's got a double sized mattress, I'm looking at you <s>Hsu</s> ladies. :D

But Columbus could be fun to hang out, there's plenty to do if you just wander around Easton or Polaris.

Yamaneko
07-17-2008, 10:07 PM
I made listing real locations here popular.

Shoeberto
07-17-2008, 11:30 PM
But Columbus could be fun to hang out, there's plenty to do if you just wander around Easton or Polaris.
I'd be up for it. Someone should really take charge of organizing this...

NOSE GOES *touches nose*

Bahamut2000X
07-17-2008, 11:55 PM
I gotta say this seems to be the summer of meet ups. First the Chicago, then the Northeast, now an Ohio. And I'm sure those brits got one or two up their sleeves as well.

Regardless I'm looking forward to this one at lot just cause I don't have to go anywhere since I live in the city this time. XD

Edit: Also while I think of it. You lot from Ohio should join the Midwest group ('http://forums.eyesonff.com/group.php?groupid=21') so I can keep track of you lot. XD

And I guess being the local Columbus-ite, I can help coordinate this in my spare time. So firstly we looking at a day deal or a weekend deal? A lot of us are local so a day trip isn't out of the question. Make it a weekend deal and probably people from surrounding states will begin to leech on our meeting. >.>

Vyk
07-18-2008, 12:59 AM
I don't consider Ohio to be midwest :( I also don't consider it northeast either. If anything we're mideast o_O

Shoeberto
07-18-2008, 02:06 AM
Doing just a day thing would be best for me, I think.

Bahamut2000X
07-18-2008, 02:30 AM
It would also be easier to get planned and could just be done on a day everyone has off or what not.

So my vote goes for a 1 day.

rubah
07-18-2008, 02:31 AM
day trip before august 4th plz.

Yar
07-18-2008, 02:49 AM
I don't know whether or not I should be intrigued by a "meet-up." :p For all I know, rubah could some crazed psychopath with severed heads in her basement freezer. :eek:

rubah
07-18-2008, 06:29 AM
wouldn't that just make me more intriguing?~

~*~Celes~*~
07-18-2008, 07:31 AM
I can't go :( no license, no munnies.

Bahamut2000X
07-18-2008, 04:32 PM
We should have a meet up and go see Dark Knight on an I-Max. XD

Vyk
07-18-2008, 10:27 PM
1-day thing, hate to say it, but Sunday's best for me. I have Sundays and Mondays off at work. And I need at least a week notice to request. And if y'all want it before sometime in August, my week-notice(s) are quickly slipping away xD

Though like most, we're all so near, we could just do at random any ol' day

Værn
07-25-2008, 02:29 AM

Stryker. Close enough to Findlay, methinks, good guess =)

Yar
07-25-2008, 03:15 AM
I thought Stryker was close to Bryan, not Findlay.

*checks map*

Lawr
07-25-2008, 03:20 AM
When I went to Texas, we passed through Ohio and all I have to say is that OHIO IS A BIG SMURFING STATE MAN. That's probably why. Or to retaliate:

you could infer that this simply means that ohioans lack imagination!

I thought Valdea was funny though . . .

Værn
07-25-2008, 03:37 AM
I thought Stryker was close to Bryan, not Findlay.

*checks map*

"Close" is relative. It's closer to Findlay than to Columbus =P

I would consider anything within the general vicinity (anywhere in the northwest corner of Ohio) to be a "good guess" or "close enough," assuming that whoever's guessing doesn't have a map right in front of their nose.

Ledious
08-01-2008, 09:11 PM
YEY OHIO!!! what part are you from? I'm from Columbus ^_^

Yar
08-01-2008, 11:20 PM
We're going to Dublin this weekend for Dublin Irish Fest, Ledious! :D

Ledious
08-02-2008, 04:51 PM
ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!!! 0_0 Im there right NOW!!! I'm walking to the fest, my house is just a few blocks doun! We should meet XD
Ill be with My friends.

Im sure you go to Ohayocon too then, did you go last year? If you did you may remember my cozplay group from FF7

Bahamut2000X
08-02-2008, 05:40 PM
Speaking of meet ups we should maybe actually plan a Columbus one soon.

Though Ohayocon might not be a bad one to go to. I never have anyone fun to hang out with it there so I end up wasting my time there. :mad:

escobert
08-02-2008, 05:48 PM
Hey, Vermont is hilly and interesting. If Vermont was a woman, it'd be getting way more action than flat chested Ohio.

haha yes :D

Yar
08-02-2008, 05:59 PM
I've actually never heard of Ohayocon, but after googling it, I'm surprised that I haven't.

Ledious
08-02-2008, 07:37 PM

Though Ohayocon might not be a bad one to go to. I never have anyone fun to hang out with it there so I end up wasting my time there. :mad:
you can hang out with us ^_^ we allways go in big groups and usually dress up in cozplay. last year I was loz and my freinds were kadaj and yazu. Next year we are going as characters from fire eblem.

anyway Im going to the irish fest right now so look for this person if you can: lol
http://a406.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/117/l_c7e73f2bcaa96ede3b90e6fc3ba158cd.jpg

ValkyrieWing
08-02-2008, 09:36 PM
Ah, Ohio...home sweet home....

I'm from the Canton area. :3 I grew up in Massillon though. :D

Roller coasters FTW.

Ledious
08-03-2008, 12:08 AM
hey my grand parents are from there

ValkyrieWing
08-03-2008, 03:27 AM
Very nice!

It's HoF time around here, which makes Canton nearly intolerable right now...

Bahamut2000X
08-04-2008, 02:01 AM

you can hang out with us ^_^ we allways go in big groups and usually dress up in cozplay. last year I was loz and my freinds were kadaj and yazu. Next year we are going as characters from fire eblem.

I was there last year as Generic Ninja # 1253572674672. I thought I was being clever by wearing my Ninjutsu Training stuff only to realize how fail that was. Oh well if I haven't made a costume by next year I'll be going as Vacation Ninja. XD

CloudDragon
08-04-2008, 07:47 AM
I've lived in the Cincinnati Metropolitan area my whole life. I'm actually from Northern Kentucky but Cincinnati, Ohio is my home just as much as NKY.

I'm down for an Ohio meet up.

Vyk
08-04-2008, 05:51 PM
Good grief. I haven't checked this thing in like a week or more and there still isn't any plans set :[ C'mon people. Doesn't phase me but school's going to be starting soon for some xD

...though I have plans next week already, for my own personal meet up :]

ValkyrieWing
08-05-2008, 06:42 AM
If the meets gonna be right away i can't go. I'm broke. ><

Ledious
08-05-2008, 04:32 PM
Good grief. I haven't checked this thing in like a week or more and there still isn't any plans set :[ C'mon people. Doesn't phase me but school's going to be starting soon for some xD

...though I have plans next week already, for my own personal meet up :]
what are you talking about we have been planning stuff this whole time. the Irish fest didnt work so we are all going to meet up at OHAYOCON 2009 ^_^!!!

...or hey, what about the renaissance fest?

Vyk
08-07-2008, 12:40 AM
I'm going to the Ohio Renaissance festival. Possibly more than once. I went three times a couple years ago. So that'd be cool with me

Also, too bad VW's on the OTHER side of Ohio from me. If I'm going anywhere, I don't mind picking people up close to me