PDA

View Full Version : How do you spend your Money?

A Most Loved Man
07-16-2008, 05:20 PM
Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greetings again my wonderfully wonderful wonderous Friends of EoFF! Your Most Loved of Loved Friends, A Most Loved Man, has a BRAND NEW EXCITING, THOUGHT-PROVOKING TOPIC OF DISCUSSION FOR HIS WONDERFULLY WONDERFUL WONDEROUS FRIENDS OF EOFF! :eek: His Topic of Discussion is:

How do your spend your money?:confused:

In the past, A Most Loved Man used to spend his money like a crazy man! He would buy many, many things he did not need. But recently, A Most Loved Man has met someone very special (;)). He has met a truly wonderful person and one day he hopes to live in a House on a Beach with this person, for this person has already become very dear to A Most Loved Man and A Most Loved Man CARES ABOUT THIS PERSON VERY MUCH! :spin:

For this reason, A Most Loved Man is very careful with his money, because he wishes to make his dream come true and LIVE-HAPPILY-EVER-AFTER with the person A Most Loved Man has very deep feelings for ;)

So A Most Loved Man only sometimes spends his money on food, video games and chocolate! :roll:

A MOST LOVED MAN IS BEING VERY SENSIBLE AND BUDGETING VERY CAREFULLY IN THESE TIMES OF GLOBAL ECONOMIC FINANCIAL MELTDOWN! :eek:

O WONDERFUL FRIENDS OF A MOST LOVED MAN...

Tell A Most Loved Man how you spend YOUR money! :hyper:

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!

Avarice-ness
07-16-2008, 05:26 PM
.. Isn't there some kind of thread creation limit?

Right now I'm saving my money for the most part, but my husband will allow me to splurge sometimes (because he's a spoiler. <3 ) so usually when I do go shopping I get some new clothes. If there's a new game that came out that I -really- want I'll get a game, but for the most part I spend my extra money on clothes and girly things.

Right now though, I'm about to go buy baby stuff in mass but that's okay but that's coming out of the saved money because we've been saving the money for her. xD

Jojee
07-16-2008, 05:53 PM
Is it me? :mog:

I spend my money on college, apparently. :( ..And clothes. That makes me considerably happier ^_^

Randgris
07-16-2008, 06:04 PM
I'd spend it on things that would improve my self-confidence...

Tallulah
07-16-2008, 06:10 PM
Too easily.

I just spent £48 on a new outfit for an interview. I am pretty much banking on this job... :S

LunarWeaver
07-16-2008, 06:30 PM
I spend it on rent, bills, and groceries :jess: What little left is gone to the internet and cable. If only I could afford that pony.

Momiji
07-16-2008, 06:32 PM
Anime and video games, pretty much.

Peegee
07-16-2008, 06:34 PM
hahahaAHAHhaHAH AHHAHAHAH Bwahahaahaahaaburp :kaohappy2:kaobeg2::kaobeg2::kaocry2::kaocry2::kaocry2::kaobeg::kaobeg::kaolove2::kaoyatta::kaolaugh ::kaolaugh::kaolaugh::kaolaugh::kaolaugh::kaolaugh::kaolaugh::kaolaugh:

Your favorite banana flavored twinkie Peegee is here! He has money for everybody and he will give you happy fun times for no want for more than good times! :ursula::ursula::ursula::ursula::ursula::ursula::ursula::ursula::ursula:

Sometimes in August I get a money from a roommate. This time I get like nine hundred b ucks and I'm going to go on a Shopping spree :sparkster::huffy::sparkster::huffy::sparkster::huffy::sparkster::huffy::sparkster::sparkster::letsg o::letsgo::letsgo::letsgo::letsgo::letsgo::letsgo:

And after that I might actually have spending money because there will be less money spend on rent and more money spent on pie! :monster2::monster2::monster2::monster2::monster2::monster2::monster2::monster2::monster2::monster2: :monster2::monster2::monster2::monster2:

If you can read this visit pg for free pizza and beer :bigbiggri:tumble::bigbiggri:tumble::tumble::tumble::tumble::tumble::tumble::tumble::tumble:

After I pay off all of my bills I don't know I think I'll just save money and be asian and buy lots of clothes. I have two closets to fill up and I'm going to have more clothes than any other girl in the world :kewl::kaoangry::kaoangry::kaoangry::kaoangry::kaoangry::kaoangry::kaoangry::kaoangry::kaoangry::tem igi::temigi::temigi::temigi::tehidari::tehidari::tehidari::tehidari::tehidari::tehidari::tehidari::t ehidari::tehidari::tehidari::tehidari::tehidari::tehidari::tehidari::kauberry::kauberry::kauberry::k auberry::kauberry::kauberry::kauberry::kauberry::kauberry::ariel::sebastian::reverie::reverie::ariel ::ursula::ursula::ariel::flounder::flounder::flounder::flounder:

Jojee
07-16-2008, 06:45 PM
*note to self: get free pizza from Peeg in August!* :p No way, you can't have more clothes than me. I'll race ya. >:[

Yar
07-16-2008, 06:46 PM
Ak! Spam!

Ko Ko
07-16-2008, 06:47 PM
:sweat: Hahaha... ha

I don't spend my money often. But when I do, I buy dresses and chocolate.

Vermachtnis
07-16-2008, 06:47 PM
Anime and video games, pretty much.

Me too!

Peegee
07-16-2008, 07:04 PM
*note to self: get free pizza from Peeg in August!* :p No way, you can't have more clothes than me. I'll race ya. >:[

That sounds like a challenge to PG~

Once I get monies I will spend it all on clothes!:kaolook::kaolook::kaolook::kaolook::kaosleep::kaosleep::kaosleep::kaosleep::kaosleep::kaodi zzy::kaodizzy::kaodizzy::kaodizzy::kaodizzy::kaodizzy::kaolaugh::kaolaugh::kaolaugh::kaolaugh::kaola ugh::kauberry:

Rye
07-16-2008, 07:05 PM
I put my money right in the bank, but I will spend money on the following:

Car insurance bill, gym bill, filling up my gas tank, Starbucks, getting my nails done, clothes. Mostly the first three, since I'm saving up.

BardTard
07-16-2008, 07:07 PM
I'm trying to save my money. Really the only thing I've spent my money on lately is food and hair products.

Rengori
07-16-2008, 07:29 PM
Drugs and guitar. :jess:

A Most Loved Man
07-16-2008, 07:43 PM

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! :laugh:

No. :eep:

No. :strung:

No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. :rolleyes3

No. :(

Peegee
07-16-2008, 08:02 PM

:kaoangry::kaoangry::kaoangry:You won't like it when I'm hungry. :kaoangry::kaoangry::kaoangry::kaoangry::kaoangry::kaocry2::kaocry2::kaocry2::kaobeg2::kaobeg2::kaoc love::kaoclove::kaolove::kaolove::kaolove::kaolove::kaolove::kaolove::kaolove::kaolove::kaofight::ka ofight::kaofight::kaofight::kaofight::kaofight:

Blue Harvest
07-17-2008, 11:31 AM
What little money I have goes on food and my phone.

Spiffing Cheese
07-17-2008, 11:37 AM
Nights out, mostly. And clothes. And eyeliner. :p

capricious
07-17-2008, 11:57 AM
Aww, how sweet. :)
I used to be like you. Spend a load of money of things I didn't need..
Then I clicked and sold almost all of what I brought to buy a slim psp. At that point, I decided to save money because it's going to be for Uni.. And I'd rather not be in tons of debt...

Kirobaito
07-17-2008, 03:37 PM
There's a disturbing trend that I've noticed. When you spend without ever taking any other money back in, your bank account total goes down.

I spend money on food, basically. That's just about it. If a DVD or video game comes out that I want (which is about twice a year), I'll buy it, but other than that, I really don't spend a lot of money on myself on frivolities.

Shlup
07-17-2008, 03:47 PM
PG I SWEAR TO GOD I WILL DRUNK TANK YOU.

Jojee
07-17-2008, 04:27 PM

:kaoangry::kaoangry::kaoangry:You won't like it when I'm hungry. :kaoangry::kaoangry::kaoangry::kaoangry::kaoangry::kaocry2::kaocry2::kaocry2::kaobeg2::kaobeg2::kaoc love::kaoclove::kaolove::kaolove::kaolove::kaolove::kaolove::kaolove::kaolove::kaolove::kaofight::ka ofight::kaofight::kaofight::kaofight::kaofight:
I like it when you're hungry :jess:

@A Most Loved Man: Is it Blue Harvest? :mog:

Shlup, you can't drunk tank PG for being who he is! That's racism.

XxSephirothxX
07-17-2008, 05:28 PM
Rent, utilities, and food take up the majority of my money. I do spend a decent amount on leisure activities such as going to the movies or buying a game here and there, but those really are a drop in the bucket compared to living expenses.

Clouded Sky
07-17-2008, 05:34 PM
Well, seeing as college is going up near 50k a year (THANK GOODNESS FOR FINANCIAL AID), I am in serious debt, so I can't spend on much of anything. My money recently has been going to food and gas, and really, that's it. Oh, and a plane ticket to Japan, which wasn't cheap. :( All of the rest of the money I'm making this summer is going to pay for school and spending money for when I'm in Japan, since I won't have much by way of a job.

Shoeberto
07-17-2008, 05:59 PM
I was thinking about it and realizing how much of the money I make goes towards food. I mean I don't eat out constantly, once or twice a week, but it's about the only thing I can let myself slide on spending money.

Other than that I tend to save up for video game purchases. Occasionally seeing movies at the theater or renting them. Gotta save up for the ladyfriend's visit, though.

Gogo
07-17-2008, 06:03 PM
Usually music, movies, going out, clothes and stuff like that.

Zeldy
07-17-2008, 07:03 PM
My money goes on transport, alcohol, food, make-up and clothes. I'm really annoyed okay, I bought a skirt today for £30 and it's going in the sale tomorrow for half price, what a joke xD

I'm going to demand a refund and then re-buy it.

Psychotic
07-17-2008, 07:12 PM
I don't really spend often. I'm gonna be spending a fair bit on driving lessons though.

Also there is no GLOBAL ECONOMIC FINANCIAL MELTDOWN. Sure the economy's not exactly in tip top condition but it's not exactly terrible either.

A Most Loved Man
07-17-2008, 07:30 PM
I don't really spend often. I'm gonna be spending a fair bit on driving lessons though.

Also there is no GLOBAL ECONOMIC FINANCIAL MELTDOWN. Sure the economy's not exactly in tip top condition but it's not exactly terrible either.

Yes it is.

Psychotic
07-17-2008, 07:38 PM
Hey, I don't lecture you about wacky third person threads, so you shouldn't lecture me about economics.

Quindiana Jones
07-17-2008, 07:40 PM
I spend it quickly and inappropriately.

I spent my June's pay on the same day I got it. Admittedly, that's only, like, £130 but still.

A Most Loved Man
07-17-2008, 07:42 PM
Hey, I don't lecture you about wacky third person threads, so you shouldn't lecture me about economics.

A 3 word post is not a lecture.

Houses prices continue to tumble in the UK (and USA), FTSE 100 is still in bear market territory, Banks will reveal their profits next week (expected to show huge losses), All signs point to a recession, Price of oil continues to reach record levels, expected to hit $150 a barrell sometime this month...

Uhh... yuh.

Quindiana Jones
07-17-2008, 07:44 PM
Recessions aren't the end of the world.

Shoeberto
07-17-2008, 07:57 PM

A 3 word post is not a lecture.

Houses prices continue to tumble in the UK (and USA), FTSE 100 is still in bear market territory, Banks will reveal their profits next week (expected to show huge losses), All signs point to a recession, Price of oil continues to reach record levels, expected to hit $150 a barrell sometime this month...

Uhh... yuh.
Breaking character is a bannable offense 'round here, mister.

ReloadPsi
07-17-2008, 08:02 PM
Food. I'm about willing to admit I have some kind of eating disorder.

Psychotic
07-17-2008, 08:12 PM
A 3 word post is not a lecture.Hey, I don't lecture you about cracking wise, so you shouldn't lecture me about semantics.

Houses prices continue to tumble in the UK (and USA), FTSE 100 is still in bear market territory, Banks will reveal their profits next week (expected to show huge losses), All signs point to a recession, Price of oil continues to reach record levels, expected to hit $150 a barrell sometime this month...Do you even understand what any of that actually means other than some expert on the news saying "Oh that sure is bad. yes sirree"? :p (looking them up in Wikipedia just now doesn't count) And yeah, there's a recession. Never said there wasn't. What I did say was that's not a MELTDOWN or terrible like you seem to think it is. There have been many recessions before in the past and the world carried on going without the break down of society. It's just part of a cycle and the economy will recover from it.

A Most Loved Man
07-17-2008, 08:24 PM
A 3 word post is not a lecture.Hey, I don't lecture you about cracking wise, so you shouldn't lecture me about semantics.

Houses prices continue to tumble in the UK (and USA), FTSE 100 is still in bear market territory, Banks will reveal their profits next week (expected to show huge losses), All signs point to a recession, Price of oil continues to reach record levels, expected to hit $150 a barrell sometime this month...Do you even understand what any of that actually means other than some expert on the news saying "Oh that sure is bad. yes sirree"? :p (looking them up in Wikipedia just now doesn't count) And yeah, there's a recession. Never said there wasn't. What I did say was that's not a MELTDOWN or terrible like you seem to think it is. There have been many recessions before in the past and the world carried on going without the break down of society. It's just part of a cycle and the economy will recover from it.

Again, a 3 word post is not a lecture. Semantics or not.

And I think I'd rather trust in the word of an 'expert on the news' than a Moderator on a Final Fantasy Forum on the current economic crisis the world is facing. Or wikipedia for that matter.

If you think you can do better then... any idea when the cycle will end Psychotic? And when will the economy recover? Any ideas at all? Hmm?

Psychotic
07-17-2008, 08:31 PM
Well if we have to pick at each other's word usage endlessly, a meltdown is something that happens in a nuclear reactor, not an economy. But who's counting?

You know what else this Moderator on a Final Fantasy forum has besides a shiny blue title? A degree in Economics from one of the top Economic departments in the country. :)

It'll end within a couple of years. I'm not able to give you a specific date.

Quindiana Jones
07-17-2008, 08:32 PM
I bet it ends in October. I bloody well bet it does!

A Most Loved Man
07-17-2008, 08:41 PM
You know what else this Moderator on a Final Fantasy forum has besides a shiny blue title? A degree in Economics from one of the top Economic departments in the country. :)

You know what else people who are predicting global economic financial economic meltdowns have besides big vocabularies? Degrees in economics :) Usually from one of the top Economics departments in the world :) Like Harvard. Or Yale. Or LSE. And they are usually running the worlds largest corporations and banks :)

So. Using your degree in Economics, can you tell me how the world will ride out the current... shall we say... 'storm', (for want of a better word like meltdown?) When will the prices of houses stop their continuous fall? When will the price of oil per barrell stop rising? How big are the scales of the sub-prime mortgage losses (I dont think even the banks themselves know!)? When will the price of wheat stop rising? When will the price of essential household goods such as bread and milk stop rising?

Re-assure my faith in the economy and prove the financial experts wrong with your degree in economics from one of the top departments in the country Psychotic :)

Oh, and which university was it Psychotic?

Quindiana Jones
07-17-2008, 08:50 PM
Whilst you're at it Psy, can you tell me when the universe will end? Does God exist? How do we travel faster than light with our current technology? Word on the wire is that you can answer impossible questions, so I'd like to know the answer to them.

Psychotic
07-17-2008, 09:11 PM

You know what else people who are predicting global economic financial economic meltdowns have besides big vocabularies? Degrees in economics :) Usually from one of the top Economics departments in the world :) Like Harvard. Or Yale. Or LSE. And they are usually running the worlds largest corporations and banks :)

So. Using your degree in Economics, can you tell me why how the world will ride out the current... shall we say... 'storm', for want of a better word like meltdown? When will the prices of houses stop their continuous fall? When will the price of oil per barrell stop rising? How big are the scales of the sub-prime mortgage losses (I dont think even the banks themselves know!)? When will the price of wheat stop rising? When will the price of essential household goods such as bread and milk stop rising?

Re-assure my faith in the economy and prove the finiancial experts wrong with your degree in economics from one of the top departments in the country Psychotic :)OK, I'll answer your questions, and then we can get back on topic. Deal? Deal!

The USA has gone through 13 recessions since 1960. It recovered from every single one and this one is no different. It's cyclical. It happens. I don't know when they'll stop their fall, but they've been rising at a crazy amount over the past decade anyway, and I think it's a good thing that they're falling. Certainly for me, anyway. I don't know the answer to that one, and I'll hold my hands up and admit that, but hey, you say the banks don't know that one either so :p As for oil, and the price of wheat and the price of essential household goods such as bread and milk will never, ever, stop rising. They've always been rising, in case you hadn't noticed (yeah there are price cuts by firms to get more business, but overall, they've been rising). It's called inflation, and that's not a terrible thing unless the prices start changing by huge amounts every day like in 1930's Germany. And they're not. It should also be noted that wages also increase with prices, so it's not like you're any worse off than you were before just because milk is now more expensive.

And besides, it's not like I am the lone ranting madman against the entire combined might of the economics community. There are plenty of experts who agree with what I am saying too.

Oh, and this one. (http://www.le.ac.uk/ec/)

Quin: Tomorrow. Yes, but he's actually a flying cheese monster (which means spaghetti monster followers are in trouble). Turn out all the lights, then nobody will know the difference.

Jojee
07-17-2008, 09:15 PM
O____O @ A Most Loved Man.
Are you okay? *checks temperature*

Well, seeing as college is going up near 50k a year (THANK GOODNESS FOR FINANCIAL AID), I am in serious debt, so I can't spend on much of anything. We can be poor together. My college costs are projected almost 55k a year! .-.

Polaris
07-17-2008, 09:31 PM
I just spen money on clothes ^^ I don't eat much and my parents pay university because there was no way I could pay university on my own! :rolleyes2

So yeah just on clothes and when they're on sales because it's not like I'm rich :shifty: