PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Sims! (dumb Sim moments!)

BardTard
07-16-2008, 09:19 PM
I'm addicted to Sim games and they really entertain me because they're so dumb.

Dumb Sim Moment #1! (Bustin Out)
Yesterday I was playing and my roommate got locked in the bathroom with my cousin (he was visiting). I literally had to tear down the bathroom and remove the toilet to get my roommate to bed and send my cousin home. So I had to rebuild that section of the bathroom and remove the door. Now I have a secret door that looks like a bookshelf.

Dumb Sim Moment #2! (Bustin Out)
I moved in with Dudley and the trailer caught on fire. So we all started panicking. Then I came to visit (my sim I created in Free Play) so my story mode Sim stopped panicking, answered the door, talked about video games to my other Sim and invited me in. Then, the two Allies panicked over the fire with Dudley and the firefighters.

Dumb Sim Moment #3! (The Sims 2)
In Free Play, I made a family of my family (minus me... my brother, sister, male cousin and female cousin). I built their house and put stuff in it, then I was "in violation of the fire code." So the toilet burst into flames and my entire Sim family stood around the toilet watching it burn.

Dumb Sim Moment #4! (The Sims 2)
My sister's sim married my (female) cousin. I didn't do that. I made them divorce, and now I've learned I can't trust free will.

Dumb Sim Moment #5! (Bustin Out)
My roommate was a neat freak. My Sims were all eating and I ordered said neatfreak-roommate to wash his dishes IN THE DISHWASHER, which he was standing right next to. So he walked all the way across the house to wash the dishes in the bathroom. I made him stop.

I'm sure there's more but I can't think of anything right now. I'm sure I'll find something when I play later.

SO who else plays The Sims? Anybody wanna share their dumb Sim moments?

Polaris
07-16-2008, 09:28 PM
I never got the chance to have Sims on my computer but my cousin and I used to be addicted!
The dumbest moment was when we build a swimming-pool and put our characters there and then take off the things for them to go away from the pool and then they died *evil laugh* Appart from that moment Sims sucked -.-"

Tallulah
07-16-2008, 09:33 PM
I've kinda got bored of the Sims lately, but I used to stay up until stupid o'clock playing Story Mode on Bustin' Out or Sims 1. I used to like torturing Sims to death just to get gravestones.

I particularly enjoyed your silly moment #3. Toilet catching fire... :rolleyes2

BardTard
07-16-2008, 09:43 PM
I tried to kill Mortimer on Bustin Out. I locked him up in my room and trapped him with boxes. He couldn't get out. But sadly, he didn't die.

demondude
07-19-2008, 06:03 PM
There was a fire in my house so my only male adult did the most obvious thing, run upstairs then continue to cry in the middle of his bedroom because he was hungry.

~*~Celes~*~
07-19-2008, 06:12 PM
I had two teenage daughters. One (a blond) was friends with this one girl and the other (brunette) HATED her without much reason.

So the girl comes to visit the blond (who it turns out she's in love with, actually), and the brunette wants her to leave...they get into a cat fight.

It was priceless...especially when my daughter won xD

Oh and then there was the time when I had my maid cleaning my bathroom. Well somehow she froze in the middle of cleaning...and it just looked odd to me, so I redid the bathroom so the walls and the floor were black, took out the windows, and took out the door.

It took her like 4 or 5 days to come back to normal.

Værn
07-19-2008, 11:50 PM
I only have The Sims 1, no expansion packs =(

Yar
07-20-2008, 02:30 AM
I LOVE THE SIMS!!!!

I had a pregnant woman on 2, and her husband went to work. Then you know how when they're pregnant their needs are wacky and they're all moody. Well anyway, she began to complain, "ZOMG I'm hungry!!1" but of course in all Simlish so it was more like "ZOMG Mi taluuns!!1". So I had her make a pop-tart meal, so she could continue to get pop-tarts until she was full. Then the action! :evilking: She caught the pop-tarts on fire!

So she burned to death, right?

Wrong.

She extinguished the fire and threw away the pop-tarts. Then I had here make more. But, alas! She died during the preparation because of starvation. :eek::eek:
:cry:

Her husband went on to get married to the mail-carrier. The male mail-carrier. :cool:

Shlup
07-20-2008, 03:00 AM
My favorite way to kill them is by swarming them with flies. Just don't let them clean for awhile. It's horrifying.

Jessweeee♪
07-20-2008, 04:10 AM
....I want to play The Sims again now....

So does anyone know how to totally reset the neighborhood and everything?

I want to reset my game completely without uninstalling/reinstalling the game.

(...and there's also something else I'm curious about? Will deleting my mail box in The Sims 2 have the same horrifying effect as it does in The Sims?)

ANYWAY.

I LOVE to make Sim Zoos.

Invite the neighbors and trap them in little 1' x 1' rooms! MUAHAHAHAHA :mwahaha:

EDIT:

...and would you recommend Night Life or University if I were to just get ONE expansion pack ever ever?

EDIT2:

Never mind, I'm getting University.

Shlup
07-20-2008, 08:51 AM
NOOO!!! University is the worst one! Why would you just get one of those two? Get one of the later ones.

But if you get Seasons, Bon Voyage, or Freetime they come with malware called SecuROM. You'll either have to look up how to remove it (let me know if you need help) or do what I did and just get bootleg copies of those games.

I'm 90% sure if you just delete the entire "The Sim 2" folder form "My Documents" and start up the game it'll generate a fresh one for you.

demondude
07-20-2008, 10:42 AM
University is boring. -.-

Yar
07-20-2008, 05:32 PM
Is the Freetime or Hobbies or whatever one good?

I keep forgetting to check them out when I go to Wal-Mart.

Jessweeee♪
07-20-2008, 05:35 PM
NOOO!!! University is the worst one! Why would you just get one of those two? Get one of the later ones.

But if you get Seasons, Bon Voyage, or Freetime they come with malware called SecuROM. You'll either have to look up how to remove it (let me know if you need help) or do what I did and just get bootleg copies of those games.

I'm 90% sure if you just delete the entire "The Sim 2" folder form "My Documents" and start up the game it'll generate a fresh one for you.

I'll take your word for it xD

Which do you recommend :</>D?

....and would deleting that folder get rid of my custom skins and clothes and stuff?

S:

EDIT:

I just tried actually finding out more about them since I'm on the internet and all and Seasons seems most appealing...thanks for the malware warning xD

Vyk
07-20-2008, 07:04 PM
I don't do life games. But the stories amuse me greatly. Of all the "girl" games out there I think The Sims is probably one of the most tolerable to me. I'd totally watch someone else play

Someone make a Sim of me. Tell me stories!

A friend did that once, years ago. And apparently I set his house on fire while trying to make breakfast after a sleep over or something o_O Hot

Jessweeee♪
07-20-2008, 07:12 PM
Sora and Aeris constantly set fire to the house when they cook xD

Tidus just watches TV all the time (when Squall and Yuna aren't playing video games anyway), and Sephy's always picking on Cloud.

Shlup
07-20-2008, 10:33 PM
Yes, Freetime is a good expansion pack.

And, yes Jess, if you delete your The Sims 2 folder from My Documents it'll delete your custom stuff, but if you save just the Downloads folder, which is in The Sims 2 folder and delete the rest it should be fine. Just start the game up, it'll generate the new The Sims 2 folder, shut it down again then drop the Downloads folder back in and all your custom stuff will be back in.

Jessweeee♪
07-21-2008, 03:14 AM
Ooh nevermind I got it.

...I just found out I have downloaded a house where my Sims teleport to get inside of it.

How in the WORLD did someone manage to do that?

Shlup
07-21-2008, 03:26 AM
There's a lot of teleportation mods available, and when you download houses you sometimes get mods with them. *shrug*

I got my downloads folder down to just over 2GB! Yay! At one point it was 16GB. That was painful.

Jessweeee♪
07-21-2008, 03:31 AM
Goodness xD

Well off to the bootleg shop, then.

Yar
07-21-2008, 03:41 AM
I don't do life games. But the stories amuse me greatly. Of all the "girl" games out there I think The Sims is probably one of the most tolerable to me. I'd totally watch someone else play

Someone make a Sim of me. Tell me stories!

A friend did that once, years ago. And apparently I set his house on fire while trying to make breakfast after a sleep over or something o_O Hot

Please define "girl game."

There are not enough ":mad2:'s" for you.

Shlup
07-21-2008, 03:54 AM
Hehe, I was going to leave that "girl game" comment alone. They're are lots of guys who like to play with dolls!