PDA

View Full Version : Guilty Gear may well rock me for the rest of my life

ReloadPsi
07-17-2008, 07:47 PM
My musical tastes have fairly moved around, making subtle shifts to a few genres, albeit similar ones. That said, I always, without fail, end up returning to the Guilty Gear soundtracks after I get bored of everything else.

I love Guilty Gear's music, for serious. I don't view it as a series of video games so much as a band producing albums every so often and occasionally doing really weird experimental crap once in a while (I own more soundtracks than games).

For those who don't know, Guilty Gear is primarily a series of fighting games, though it has branced off into a side-scrolling beat-em-up (GG:Judgment for the PSP) and a weird RTS/action thingy (GG2:Overture for the 360) that uses what I have the pretentious gall to refer to as a "World Fusion/Heavy Metal" soundtrack, in that for all the rock and metal that goes in there, it uses a bunch of other international styles. Examples of this include the oriental sounds in "Momentary Life" (X, X2) and "Hiruandan" (Overture), the strangely medieval-but-not "Writhe In Pain" (entire series :P), and then there's the outright epics like Awe Of She (X), Holy Orders (entire series... again) and Bloodstained Lineage (X) as well as the straightforward "please bang your head for the duration" tracks such as "Suck A Sage" (X, X2) and "Keep Yourself Alive III" (Overture).

I'm likely joining my first ever band soon (as bassist) and fully intend to bring a bit of the Guilty Gear style into it, whether it's just their plain ol' metal or their weird-ass "world fusion" stuff.

Anyways, time to commence discussion point for topic: are there any other Guilty Gear soundtrack fans out here?

Markus. D
07-17-2008, 09:55 PM
n.n It's nice!

most of it anyways :3

Dreddz
07-20-2008, 05:01 PM
Guilty Gear is one of the smoothest, most greatest fighting series ever made.

But the music sucked.

ReloadPsi
07-28-2008, 12:10 PM
Guilty Gear is one of the smoothest, most greatest fighting series ever made.

But the music sucked.

Were you playing X2 and its spinoffs? (X2, Reload, Slash, Accent Core and so on?) The music in X2 was recorded as live and does indeed sound a bit rushed and crappy (except the originals like Noontide, Simple Life and Midnight Carnival). One or two songs sounded better in that incarnation (Suck A Sage, Holy Orders), the rest were better in X, of which there only exists the one version (unless you count the Japan-only GGX Plus).

Man, I'm so picky.