PDA

View Full Version : Wii Games

Strawberry_Mew
07-18-2008, 07:32 AM
I am so Happy my future hubby and I bought a Wii finally and I wuz wondering what games to buy for the Wii. I wuz wondering which games are good and which games are bad <3 I wuz wanting to know your options <3

Roto13
07-18-2008, 07:38 AM
Super Mario Galaxy, Zelda: Twilight Princess, No More Heroes, Zack and Wiki, Okami, and Boom Blox.

Goodnight./

Momiji
07-18-2008, 07:40 AM
Trauma Center: Second Opinion and Trauma Center: New Blood. Also, Castle of Shikigami III.

And since you will likely not enjoy those three, listen to what Rhody said instead of this. :p

qwertysaur
07-18-2008, 07:47 AM
Super Smash Brothers Brawl is a great multiplayer game.

If any kids are around I recommend Cooking Mama Cook off. The cuteness is enough to keep my cousin happy for hours.

Mario party 8 is a fun casual game.

Buy what roto said.

Also don't forget that you have access to gamecube games, wii ware and virtual console games.

KentaRawr!
07-18-2008, 01:12 PM
Gosh, you guys just jump straight into reccomendation.

What kind of games do you think you're looking for?

JKTrix
07-18-2008, 01:59 PM
I'm more on the unenthusiastic side of 'No More Heroes'. It really doesn't click with me. It's also kind of bad, but a lot of people find a lot to love in it. I don't.

Adding to other suggestions:
If you have ever been a Dragon Ball Z fan, Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 for the Wii is not only the best Dragon Ball game ever, it is also the best overall Game Based Off An Anime ever. Besides it being just a Damn Fun Game. It is one of the Wii's best 3rd party games. 2 was good as well, but 3 really improves on the control scheme enough to render the old one obsolete.

Kororinpa Marble Mania makes a good rental. It's something I think any Wii player should play, but some may not want to spend full price on what's in there.

WarioWare>>>>Mario Party. Maybe Mario Party is a more substative experience, but WarioWare is instant insanity/fun. It has some great unlockables too.

Big Brain Academy can be a really fun game to play multiplayer as well.

Strawberry_Mew
07-18-2008, 10:01 PM
Gosh, you guys just jump straight into reccomendation.

What kind of games do you think you're looking for?

I'm pretty much looking for anything <3 I like what you all recommended lol I will have to check them out. How is Chocobo Tales?

Nifleheim7
07-19-2008, 12:35 AM
I don't have a Wii (yet),but i hear Lost Winds is a great game.

zaqwert
07-19-2008, 01:28 AM
Oh, you should check out some of the WiiWare games available! Dr. Mario Online Rx is a fantastic game!

demondude
07-19-2008, 06:08 PM
Don't forget mario kart Wii!

Shlup
07-20-2008, 03:01 AM
TWILIGHT PRINCESS TWILIGHT PRINCESS TWILIGHT PRINCESS!

And Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Party, and Mario Kart (thought not as good as the Cube version you can play as Baby Peach!).

Oh, and Wii Fit is out and Rock Band was released recently, but I think both of those are still hard to find.

Roto13
07-20-2008, 03:14 AM
Rock Band is so bad for the Wii you should not buy it just because it's an insult to you.

demondude
07-20-2008, 10:44 AM
Wii fit is pointless, just go for a jog around the block!

Shlup
07-20-2008, 12:31 PM
Rock Band is so bad for the Wii you should not buy it just because it's an insult to you.

Well if you can't have it for another console, may as well get it for Wii. It's still fun, just not compared to it for 360 or PS3.

KentaRawr!
07-20-2008, 12:57 PM

It has games on it, too! It just so happens that there are more "Fit"-ish activities on it than games. It's like Wii Sports + Balance Board + Fitness. But, I wouldn't recommend getting this with your Wii, since Wii Sports already offers a very similar experience, and comes with the Wii already.

I recommend Metal Slug Anthology if you want a Contra-like experience. :p

Roto13
07-20-2008, 03:11 PM

Well if you can't have it for another console, may as well get it for Wii. It's still fun, just not compared to it for 360 or PS3.

See, the problem is that if they weren't such a bunch of lazy bums, the missing modes could easily all work on the Wii. :P Hell, Activision says Guitar Hero IV for Wii is even going to have downloadable content! Rock Band is just them going "Aw, stick it on the Wii. Free money." I don't like that they refuse to even try. It's the principle of the thing. xP

Jessweeee♪
07-20-2008, 05:38 PM
I haven't bought a whole lot of Wii games yet...even though I've had the thing for a year now xD

I have:

The game that came with it...Wii...sports, was it?
Tomb Raider: Anniversary
Rayman something about rabbits or something
Super Mario Galaxy

They're all pretty fun...especially Rayman and Tomb Raider. Tomb Raider is excellent on the Wii.

ValkyrieWing
07-20-2008, 06:27 PM
I have....Wii Sports, Mario Party and Kororinpa, but I really want to get like Fire Emblem and that eventually. I have a few GameCube games i'm playing as well. :)

Oh, and Guitar Hero 3...I LOVE me some Guitar Hero.

Jessweeee♪
07-21-2008, 03:15 AM

There's no AC or ice cream out there D:

Fire_Emblem776
07-23-2008, 09:24 AM
The wii is fun, and their is a few good games already mentioned. But until their is a good rpg ( chocobo dungeon!!!! ^_^) Twilight hack your way to the classics ^_^

Roto13
07-23-2008, 03:42 PM
That would require an early version of Twilight Princess. :P Newer ones don't work.

Fire_Emblem776
07-24-2008, 09:09 AM
The twilight hack has been updated, or did you mean the game disk itself?

Roto13
07-24-2008, 04:36 PM
The game disc. Unless things have changed, the bug that allows the whole hack to take place is only in the early version of the game.