PDA

View Full Version : Damn you Al Gore, it's too hot outside

Peegee
07-18-2008, 09:06 PM
I'd get naked but I know it won't work and will cause more problems than I'd solve.

But seriously, who does Al Gore think he is? Tells us the planet's going to over heat and does nothing to stop it. What do you think, he's causing more problems than he's solving, imo.

Is it hot where you are? What do you do to fix the problem?

I've been dropping huge cubes of ice from Saturn for years but it's not really working and causes the ocean to rise. I think Quebec's under water now.

If I had a wish I'd make it autumn every day of the year.

Miriel
07-18-2008, 09:08 PM
It's nice and breezy where I am today. It gets hot as a mothersmurfer sometimes though and on days like those, all I do is sit in front of the AC and wonder what it would be like to live in Alaska. And yeah, fall is the best time of year.

Yar
07-18-2008, 09:10 PM
Al Gore can't single-handedly solve the global climate crisis. :( But I do think he does his part. ;)

If it was autumn every day, then we'd eventually run out of leaves and goody-goody Australia would be in a state of perma-spring and would brag about their "foliage." :mad:

Great, now I'm pissed at Australia for something they theoretically may or may not be able to do. :mad2:

Avarice-ness
07-18-2008, 09:10 PM
It says it's 90 outside, but the thermostat seems to be in the shade. I deal with it by being moody and not going outside!

Seriously though, in Wisconsin when I left it was like 80 at the most.

Get off your rear Al Gore, the world needs to be a perfect 72 degree's.

Momiji
07-18-2008, 09:11 PM

Yes, that would be fantastic.

If you ask me, I think Al Gore and anyone who thinks that we're 'destroying the planet' are totally full of themselves. I mean, if this planet has been around for billions of years, don't you think the planet's durable enough to survive our generations? Seriously, it's arrogant to believe we, the humans of the 20th-21st century can destroy something that has been around for so very much longer. That's just an opinion though, don't you dare get bent out of shape.

Yar
07-18-2008, 09:13 PM

If you ask me, I think Al Gore and anyone who thinks that we're 'destroying the planet' are totally full of themselves. I mean, if this planet has been around for billions of years, don't you think the planet's durable enough to survive our generations? Seriously, it's arrogant to believe we, the humans of the 20th-21st century can destroy something that has been around for so very much longer. That's just an opinion though, don't you dare get bent out of shape.

The planet can repair itself over time yes, but do you think we can survive an effed-up planet?

Old Manus
07-18-2008, 09:14 PM
It's the middle of summer and it's pretty much chucked it down every day for the past month or so here. Not that this is suprising.

Peegee
07-18-2008, 09:14 PM

Side topic? I honestly think that environmentalism only cares about sustaining the earth for the benefit of humans. I also 'believe' (I'd say 'know' but philosophers will tell me I don't know anything) that humans cannot permanently damage the earth. Sustaining the ecosystem in its current state is impossible -- hundreds of species are extinct every day.

A combination of rebellion against anthropocentricism and general apathy allows me to not truly be an environmentalist.

Momiji
07-18-2008, 09:15 PM

The planet can repair itself over time yes, but do you think we can survive an effed-up planet?

I honestly don't think it will get to that sort of an extreme-- not within our lifetimes, at least.

Yar
07-18-2008, 09:17 PM

I honestly don't think it will get to that sort of an extreme-- not within our lifetimes, at least.

Because we're working on fixing it. ;)

Old Manus
07-18-2008, 09:17 PM
Also in b4 this thread derails into boring were-killing-the-planet-need-global-euthanasia nihilism

Psychotic
07-18-2008, 09:22 PM
I'm just gonna quote both of Old Manus's posts. Here I go.
It's the middle of summer and it's pretty much chucked it down every day for the past month or so here. Not that this is suprising.Yeah.
Also in b4 this thread derails into boring were-killing-the-planet-need-global-euthanasia nihilismIf global warming is the planet's way of fighting back, I think mankind needs to start hitting the planet harder to limit its strike capability. Off to go spray some aerosols into the sky, brb.

Momiji
07-18-2008, 09:23 PM

Because we're working on fixing it. ;)

Either way, I'm no environmentalist at all, but I do think pollution is an issue that must be regulated. However, I still don't see it being something that will kill us, our children, or our children's children. Perhaps their children, but I have little doubt that we'd have the technology to remedy that by then. Either way, we'll be long dead before this becomes a life-or-death issue for us.

Again, just an opinion.

Shoeberto
07-18-2008, 09:25 PM
We've had a pretty mild summer so far. It's kicked up in temperature the past few days (around the 90s) but it's liveable. It's been feeling really great out in the evenings when it cools down to the mid 70s.

Yar
07-18-2008, 09:27 PM
We've had a pretty mild summer so far. It's kicked up in temperature the past few days (around the 90s) but it's liveable. It's been feeling really great out in the evenings when it cools down to the mid 70s.

I love our wacky-ass Ohio weather. I remember back in 2005 we got 3" of snow in the morning and it was 80° later that day. :D

Balzac
07-18-2008, 09:28 PM
It was raining here earlier today.

fire_of_avalon
07-18-2008, 09:31 PM
lol I like how environmentalist is a dirty word nowadays.

It's in the low 90's here but eventually you just get used to it. I like being outside. :)

Jojee
07-18-2008, 09:42 PM
It's been mid-high 80s and high humidity every day for a while ._. You wouldn't think Wisconsin would be a humid place. I mean sure, it is by the lakes and all, but come on, it's Wisconsin. It's so damn hot here, I haven't been sleeping in my room at all but I've been sleeping in the living room because it's slightly cooler there.

Spring is definitely the best time of the year.

Jessweeee♪
07-18-2008, 09:50 PM
It gets very hot here and it stays hot for a good while.

The solution is to not go outside.

Quindiana Jones
07-18-2008, 09:51 PM
Maybe some kind of SO4 bomb shot into the sky would work...

Momiji
07-18-2008, 09:52 PM
It gets very hot here and it stays hot for a good while.

The solution is to not go outside.

Indeed. Sure, I'm sure it gets hotter in Corpus Christi than it does here in northern Indiana, but I hate being hot and the fact that it's always so ungodly humid here doesn't help at all.

Jessweeee♪
07-18-2008, 10:04 PM
It doesn't really get hotter, it just stays hot and humid longer :p

Yamaneko
07-18-2008, 10:09 PM
http://www.hyperempowered.com/images/2007/05/20/20.jpg

Rase
07-18-2008, 10:11 PM
I think it's like 95 around here. Been between 90-105 this week.

Zeldy
07-18-2008, 10:32 PM
It's the middle of summer and it's pretty much chucked it down every day for the past month or so here. Not that this is suprising.

yup.

Calliope
07-18-2008, 10:40 PM
I can use Powerpoint. Where's my freakin' Peace Prize?

It's bucketing down with rain and gusts of cold, specifically aimed to stop me from getting any of my laundry dry.

Meow
07-18-2008, 10:48 PM
hey man just buy carbon credits to offset your G4 jet

Vermachtnis
07-18-2008, 11:05 PM
I've been camped infront of my fan since June. It wouldn't be so bad if I'd so some leg.

Caraliz
07-18-2008, 11:48 PM
Make your Facebook page Green and you'll save some Carbon and then you can stop Worrying about Global Warming.

Jess
07-19-2008, 12:48 AM
:(:(:(:(

Madame Adequate
07-19-2008, 01:14 AM
I say that no matter what else he might have done, I am 100% behind Bush's War on Terra.

Kirobaito
07-19-2008, 06:26 AM
Screw y'all. It's been 95+ for a month. Wonderful high of 97 for today, though my thermometer was reading 101. It's sooooo hot.

So I don't go outside. I more or less can't go outside to avoid combusting.

Medi
07-19-2008, 06:54 AM
Here in Michigan it isn't any hotter than it has been the past several summers. There have actually been a lot of cool days recently, although today was hot and humid, most likely due to storms being in the midst. Michigan weather has always been twitchy and such.

As for climate change, it's a natural process of the planet. I'm not saying we don't contribute or anything, it's just what happens, right? Then again, this is where I use my "I'm 15" excuse and say that I honestly don't know enough of the facts to hold a concrete position on the subject. Perhaps I ought to do a tad more research.

Randgris
07-19-2008, 04:55 PM
Hmmm. I don't know. I'm used to our weather so I bet everyone else's will be a bit cooler. 39C

Evastio
07-19-2008, 05:51 PM
It's actually quite nice so far. Even if it is too sunny outside the cold winds get rid of the heat.

Gogo
07-19-2008, 08:21 PM
The weather here has been quite bad for about a couple of weeks or so now. It's summer god dammit! - gimme some sun already!

~*~Celes~*~
07-19-2008, 08:49 PM
Global warming is a bunch of http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif. Mars is getting hotter and hotter too, do you think global warming is the cause behind that? No.

Quindiana Jones
07-19-2008, 10:32 PM
Holy http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif we had a sunny day today.

Admittedly, it rained in the morning. And there were really strong cold winds to keep us all nice and bloody freezing, but the sun was out! And that's what matters.

Jojee
07-19-2008, 10:36 PM
Humidity is at 80% here, it sucks ;_;

Actually 80% doesn't feel that bad... I'm not sure if it is bad. xD It just sounds kinda bad. And it's really hot inside.

Raebus
07-19-2008, 10:41 PM
I wish it was winter already. >=O

Jojee
07-19-2008, 10:42 PM
I say that in the summer, but I don't really mean it. xD I can't wear pretty clothes in the winter and it makes me sad. In the winter, I always wish that it were summer. :mog:

NeoTifa
07-19-2008, 10:44 PM
i think its like 9 million degrees f outside. mix it with ohios horrible humidity, and you get some really fun weather!!!!