PDA

View Full Version : Changes

Rye
07-19-2008, 01:19 AM
Is anyone going through or going to do something that will majorly change their appearance or life lately?

And no, I don't mean puberty. You'll reach it one day, Levian, and grow to be 5'4". Keep faith! <3

On Sunday, I am cutting my hair short. As in Rihanna bob short. Possibly a tiny bit shorter. I never had hair that short in my life, and I'm nervous, because I'm afraid I'll look like a fat little wannabe with that hair, because I think I subconsciously feel safer behind longer hair. I feel like it makes me look thinner! But short hair is so pretty!

http://sylvialee.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/070607_rihanna2_400x400.jpg

I'll probably be dying my hair black too, as I'm sick of how fast red fades out of hair and the nasty color it leaves when it fades.

And yeah, I guess moving away from home for college! :jess:

rubah
07-19-2008, 03:00 AM
Citalopram~

Shoeberto
07-19-2008, 03:03 AM
Trying to seriously diet and exercise. Pretty big change from before.

Denmark
07-19-2008, 03:22 AM
I'm living (for the most part) independently now. It's a scary thought to have to deal with things myself. :|

Jessweeee♪
07-19-2008, 03:43 AM
I am confident that your face won't look fat like mine did that one time I had short hair S:

That was in like...seventh grade...and I haven't cut more than an inch off since then.

Ko Ko
07-19-2008, 03:44 AM
I quit eating and started to just drinking water only to lost weight about three days ago.

It is pretty big deal; I feel very invigorated; my body is cleaning itself of all not natural aspects inside ^_^

Caraliz
07-19-2008, 07:17 AM
Cutting my hair myself and using a new hair dye brand for the first time (l'oreal colour experte). (I found a great photostream on flickr with NON BORING haircuts. I'm so sick of the boring :skull::skull::skull::skull:!)

hair dye, hair color blue green on Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/hairport_lisbon/2364460609/)

this is what I will be doing to my hair, with some guidance from one of my friends that went to beauty school. The colours will be different but that is my general idea.

I'm going to an interview on Monday for a job that will pay a lot and give me a full time position for yay monies. :bigsmile: Things are going good right now.

Re OP: Rye you would look stunning with black hair in the rhianna bob with a few select blonde streaks in the bangs. Then you could maybe sometimes wear your hair curly and then straighten your bangs. It looks super cute and it's not a waste of time. :p

I really wish there were an internet forum for people who love to do hair and :skull::skull::skull::skull: for tips and pics. It pisses me off that I can't find one.

Araciel
07-19-2008, 07:59 AM
I've decided to stop kicking hobos.

No, really.

The Unknown Guru
07-19-2008, 08:07 AM
I'm wearing my glasses more often. People say they make me look like a 20-something hipster, in a good way.

~*~Celes~*~
07-19-2008, 12:45 PM
I got voted "least changed" in high school by my fellow graduates. What does that tell you? :p

capricious
07-19-2008, 02:01 PM
Yeah... dress better.... Be more confident. :)

Faris
07-19-2008, 04:06 PM
Yesterday I got another part of my ears pierced.

Randgris
07-19-2008, 04:11 PM
I started using milk lotion, facial wash and detox white moisturizer habitually now. Now my skin feels baby smooth, except the hairier parts...

Peegee
07-19-2008, 04:11 PM
Short hair is pretty? I want to see before and after pics ryebread!

Other than my drastic hairstyle changes, the next big thing I plan to do is get a tattoo.

Ouch!
07-19-2008, 04:33 PM
I've made a pact with a friend from college to start working out together. It's literally about five minutes door-to-door from my dorm room to the health center at the U. I have no excuse not to go at this point. I plan on focusing primarily on cardio just to get into shape, but I imagine I'll eventually add some weights when I'm a little more comfortable around the kind of guys who hang out at the health center (they're fucking HUGE).

Zeldy
07-19-2008, 06:19 PM
I cut my hair short a year or two ago, not that short, but it went from being really really long to above shoulder length. It was a huge shock, it's all grown back now as I got bored of it after awhile and missed having length.

I fancy going short again nowwwww :( I have really thick hair though, so a little bob is out of the question as it'd be huge. seriously; when I go to straighten it I have to separate my hair into like three layers.

smittenkitten
07-19-2008, 07:11 PM
Either I'll go back to college or I'll be getting a full time job. So I guess that's a big step because I've never had a full time job before. :p

boris no no
07-19-2008, 07:13 PM
Citalopram~

Heh, me too.
20mg ftw

Heath
07-19-2008, 07:19 PM
Been improving my diet and losing a bit of weight, so I'll continue doing that.

Marshall Banana
07-20-2008, 12:53 AM
I'll break up with you, if you cut your hair.

Rye
07-20-2008, 12:57 AM
Monda, I'm sorry! My hair is already black now, I just dyed it. My hair is getting cut tomorrow! Please stay with me! ;;

Marshall Banana
07-20-2008, 01:14 AM
Will you have enough hair for pigtails? =(

Rye
07-20-2008, 02:17 AM
Little pigtails! <333

Jiro
07-20-2008, 08:21 AM
I bet it will look great. You have to post pics! :)

Dynast-Kid
07-20-2008, 09:08 AM
Remember: Roudner faces generally look better with shorter haircuts.

As for me, i've been using Clearasil Ultra Acne Scrub. IT WORKS LIKE A CHARM. My skin looks a lot clearer, even when it wasn't bad in the first place! xD

And i've been lifting weights, a little. I already feel stronger! And I want to get a mohawk hair cut! Not a huge, rocker one, but a tiny Chris Brown (http://blogs.bet.com/lifestyle/headoverheels/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/chris_brown.jpg) one. It'd look good on me, I think! My hair's alot less curly too, so I think that'd help make it look goood. But i'm so scared to actually do it! :bigsmile:

Calliope
07-20-2008, 10:01 AM
I'm planning about five projects of various levels at the moment, the most superficial of which is my haircut. The decision on that is pending on what is probably the most important project of the immediate future. Stay tuned!

Rye
07-20-2008, 12:08 PM
Remember: Roudner faces generally look better with shorter haircuts.

I can has oval face, which luckily looks good with most hairstyles. Also, my face is very round when I smile, because I have crazy cheek bones, so yay! I thought my face might be too long for it, but I saw a picture of a girl with a face very similar to mine (similar eyes, long nose, longish face) with the style I want, and it looked awesome!

Balzac
07-20-2008, 02:33 PM
I'm going back into education this september.

Psychotic
07-20-2008, 02:45 PM
As far as appearance goes, thinking of getting my long hair cut short to make me look smarter for job interviews and such. Life, well, this crazy sunbitch is learning to drive. Which is probably very bad news for anyone within the immediate vicinity because one day I'll suddenly think I'm playing GTA and start trying to squish them. Oh well, at least Jack Thompson will be able to get me off.

Leeza
07-20-2008, 03:22 PM
You'll be cute with any hairstyle, Rye. But I found short hair to be too much work. It always needed to have something done to it in order to look great.

No changes for me personally. Too busy to think about changes for myself at the moment. I might have to change my car soon though. Poor thing.

Madame Adequate
07-20-2008, 03:22 PM
Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes~

Rye
07-20-2008, 03:28 PM
As far as appearance goes, thinking of getting my long hair cut short to make me look smarter for job interviews and such. Life, well, this crazy sunbitch is learning to drive. Which is probably very bad news for anyone within the immediate vicinity because one day I'll suddenly think I'm playing GTA and start trying to squish them. Oh well, at least Jack Thompson will be able to get me off.

Oh my god, Paul! You should have waited until my visit to merry ol' England. I could have been your driving instructor. Every. SINGLE. DAY. :jess:

And thank you, Leeza! And I dunno, having long hair is a real pain! If I don't blow dry it or straight it, it just looks crazy. I don't mind having to straighten or blow dry short hair, but having to work with long hair just takes so much time out of my day. It makes me wake up at 6:30 in the morning before I go to work (I have to be at work at 9, and it takes about 30-45 minutes to get there) instead of 7:00 or 7:30. xD

Meow
07-20-2008, 04:23 PM
Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes~

I came in here just to post this