PDA

View Full Version : Dipped in a pool of liquid and slipped and fallen through a not so solid floor

Depression Moon
07-19-2008, 05:06 PM
I've just beaten Metal Gear Solid 3 for the second time yesterday I was kind of new into the foray of MGS so i bought the Metal gear Essentials package and beat that as I've just stated. After playing the three games. I was left confused. What's the deal with the Patriots and the freaky last level of MGS 2 and what exactly did Naked Snake do to make Solid kill him? Who's Decoy Octopus too? There's a whole lot of stuff I'm confused about that I didn't mention. I' played these games to get an insight on MGS4 and after reading a couple of reviews, I'm very excited for it and to see how the events unfold. No spoilers please. But in order for me to get MGS4 I have to get a PS3 1st and that will be a doosie.

Roto13
07-19-2008, 05:15 PM
MGS 4 ties up all of those loose ends. :P

Except there aren't really any with Decoy Octopus. :P He went so far to mimic the DARPA Chief that he became so similar that he was killed by FOXDIE that was programed to kill the DARPA Chief. Definitely the most boring member of Fox Hound. xP

If you can't afford a PS3, there are torrents of the cutscenes and codec conversations of MGS4 floating around out there. Just another option.

Ramza Beoulve
07-19-2008, 05:38 PM
Also, you need to play the original metal gears (Metal Gear and Metal Gear: Solid Snake) to understand the combat between Solid Snake and Big Boss (or you can read the info about both incidents that comes in Metal Gear Solid).

Oh yeah, and you need to know the info of MPO (Metal Gear: Portable OPS) to understand some of Naked Snake reasons.

But anyways, like Roto said, MGS 4 ties up everything.

KentaRawr!
07-19-2008, 05:59 PM
The last level of MGS2 was the inner-section of Arsenal Gear. You were transported there by Olga, after being captured. You were stripped because the suit gave you a tactical advantage, I guess.

Roto13
07-19-2008, 06:02 PM
There's a Metal Gear encyclopedia for PS3 that kind of negates any real need to play any of the MSX/Spinoff games. :P

Shoeberto
07-19-2008, 06:43 PM
Not to mention that MGS has a thing, I think under Bonus or Extra or whatever, that tells you the whole plot of MG1 and MG2.

(I just got The Essential Collection too. Great bundle.)

Depression Moon
08-15-2008, 03:30 PM
After I had finished MGS3 I realized that Ocelot said he was the Adam and from what I heard from the rest of the movie, Adam was originally from the US and in MGS 1 and 2. Ocelot always claims that he's from Russia. Is he really or was he just pretending and if he was really Adam, he was helping Snake from the start right? But then I'm confused as to why he tried to kill him and Eva while they were trying to get away.