PDA

View Full Version : Vaans personality changes a lot....

demondude
07-19-2008, 06:00 PM
Those of you that have played revenant wings and final fantasy tactics A2, doesnt it seem like Vaans personality is really erratic?

In revenant wings he's more upbeat and heroic which kinda makes sense after the original adventure but come FFTA2 he's completely different, like he is balthier in disguise. (kind of)

Anyone else notice this?

Karellen
07-19-2008, 06:24 PM
I would say it was intentional.

Marky Tee
07-20-2008, 03:42 PM
reminds me of yuna

Roto13
07-20-2008, 04:41 PM
Someone in the FFTA2 Impressions thread said that by the end of Revenant Wings, Vaan's FFTA2 personality makes sense. I hate the crap out of Revenant Wings and I haven't finished it so I don't know. xP

I definitely prefer the new Vaan, even if he is basically a less cool version of Balthier. I thought Vaan was annoying in XII and Revenant Wings.

Bolivar
07-23-2008, 03:06 AM
One of the great things about Vaan is that the player gets to see how this young man matures as he sees more of the world and his perspective broadens. In Revenant Wings, yes, he seemed a little different, even the artistic presentation made him seem like a different guy. Still gotta check out TA2.

Karellen
07-23-2008, 03:20 AM
I think Ryoma Itō is the only person who's designs I dislike more then Tetsuya Nomura. I still haven't quite put my finger on why.