PDA

View Full Version : Gameplay demonstration of Prince of Persia

Croyles
07-19-2008, 11:46 PM
Gametrailers.com - Prince of Persia: Next Gen - E3 2008: Developer Walkthrough Pt. 1 HD (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36532.html)
Gametrailers.com - Prince of Persia: Next Gen - E3 2008: Developer Walkthrough Pt. 2 HD (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36543.html)

You can also watch them in lower quality if you dont want to wait too long. Havnt finished watching them yet. Will talk about them afterwards.

EDIT: Wow this game is looking REALLY interesting!

Ha! The voice of the prince is the same guy who did Nathan Drake from Uncharted!

KentaRawr!
07-20-2008, 01:56 PM
It looks great! o_o

Dreddz
07-20-2008, 02:43 PM
Very unimpressive. The graphic style didn't look half as impressive as I thought it did in screenshots. It retains the previous Prince of Persia's style of gameplay which looks and plays dull.

The game also looks way too easy considering your ally is always there to help you and send you back only a few feet from where you died.

Raebus
07-20-2008, 02:52 PM
Very impressive!

KentaRawr!
07-20-2008, 03:50 PM
Very unimpressive. The graphic style didn't look half as impressive as I thought it did in screenshots. It retains the previous Prince of Persia's style of gameplay which looks and plays dull.

The game also looks way too easy considering your ally is always there to help you and send you back only a few feet from where you died.

I will now slap you with my mind.

Did it hurt?

Dreddz
07-20-2008, 04:21 PM
Oh god it was agonizing.

Vyk
07-20-2008, 06:42 PM
Haha... well, I kinda liked Prince of Persia's style anyway. Though I didn't play the whole previous trilogy. Played an older version though. And it inspired games like Flashback and Out of this World and stuff so I give props to the series and its style

I'll watch the trailers later but I doubt it'll matter. I trust the company and I trust Prince of Persia. Just hope it doesn't drag on like the last one did through 2 sequals

My brother owned the last one. I wanna enjoy this one. So I'm pretty set on getting it

Croyles
07-21-2008, 12:49 AM

Its no different to dying, the only difference is, you dont have to go through a Continue screen and reload your game.

Balzac
07-21-2008, 11:01 AM
It looks beautiful.

Boney King
07-21-2008, 07:43 PM
Visually, it looks very nice. The only PoP game I thought was worth anything was Sands of Time, but this does look interesting.

Vyk
07-21-2008, 07:59 PM

Its no different to dying, the only difference is, you dont have to go through a Continue screen and reload your game.

I agree. Even says in the video commentary. You know you "died" and you feel the frustration of dying. But its not a game-killer because you don't have that coupled with the frustration of having to do a ton of crap over again. Its just like games that use tons of convenient checkpoints. Except this time its explained. Instead of like in GoW where you're all "Oh crap I fell off the beam!" and then you're just suddenly right back up at the beginning of the beam

Croyles
07-21-2008, 09:43 PM
It doesnt take you out of the "immersion", wich is important.
I hope this game will deliver, will have to wait and see though.