PDA

View Full Version : Wrath of the Lich King.

Jowy
07-20-2008, 04:16 AM
Main Page - WotlkWiki - Wrath of the Lich King Information (http://wotlkwiki.info/index.php/Main_Page)

Anyone get a Beta code? Thoughts and input on the new talents? Rolling a Death Knight once it's installed, or going to do some quests in Northrend? Think Achievements are totally asinine?

I think I'll be respeccing my shaman to elemental/enhancement and having fun leveling again first.

Khaotic
07-20-2008, 05:12 AM
Started leveling a pally a few days ago, currently level 43, I'll probably be playing this through WotLK, definitely going towards holy. Once I get to 70 I'll just be farming money on my rogue to get defrosted/epic mount for the paladin.

ValkyrieWing
07-20-2008, 05:18 AM
I'm shocked with some of the major changes they're making....

I'm really REALLY looking forward to Earthliving Weapon...MY resto shaman will be more uber than she already is. :3 Of course...I can't LEVEL as resto....by the time i hit 80 the cap will be like, 685736 or something crazy like that. ><

Caraliz
07-20-2008, 05:19 AM
I will not be playing WoW ever. ;)

Just got Oblivion and I'm in love.

Jowy
07-20-2008, 05:26 AM

I'm really REALLY looking forward to Earthliving Weapon...MY resto shaman will be more uber than she already is. :3 Of course...I can't LEVEL as resto....by the time i hit 80 the cap will be like, 685736 or something crazy like that. ><

Yeah, I went 60-70 mashing chain heal and instance grinding. Even now, soloing daily quests takes forever. Windfury Totem getting the axe is kind of depressing, but the new Windfury 20% haste buff, stacked with Bloodlust and Drums of War and wowholyhaste. I need to gear up my shaman and get my druid leather replaced with the quickness. :aimsad:

Khaotic
07-20-2008, 05:38 AM
Don't forget raid spread totems, agility and strength totems combined to one. 20% melee haste is actually better than the old Windury considering those facts.

Skyblade
07-20-2008, 05:52 AM
I liked the idea of Achievements, until they said "there will be some that can't be gotten unless you got them way back when". Totally killed the idea for me.

Jowy
07-20-2008, 07:21 AM
Don't forget raid spread totems, agility and strength totems combined to one. 20% melee haste is actually better than the old Windury considering those facts.

Yes, thanks for completely removing totem twisting with that. Whiny smurfin' rogues and arms warriors. :aimmad:

Bloodline666
07-20-2008, 08:23 AM
I just hope the next upgrade abolishes the Alliance!

Markus. D
07-20-2008, 11:00 AM
gosh darn it I'm re-installing WoW until SOMETHING new happens in GW :(...

Jowy
07-24-2008, 01:44 AM
bump

Engineers get motorcycles.

ValkyrieWing
07-24-2008, 08:30 PM

Yeah, I went 60-70 mashing chain heal and instance grinding. Even now, soloing daily quests takes forever. Windfury Totem getting the axe is kind of depressing, but the new Windfury 20% haste buff, stacked with Bloodlust and Drums of War and wowholyhaste. I need to gear up my shaman and get my druid leather replaced with the quickness. :aimsad:

I was enhance from 10-70, and then I immedeately specced resto, with all the quest rewards I'd been saving...then got pulled into Mag's like 10 minutes after I leveled. LOL

I was a VERY scared kitty.

And daily's blow. ><

Jowy
07-24-2008, 11:37 PM
My mage needs Magtheridon for the title like a fat kid needs cake. Of course once I get on the final step of the Trial to kill him, the opportunity doesn't come back up again.

Dragonsoul
07-25-2008, 03:41 AM
I'm not familiar with this, but how much competition does this game have from The Lord of the Rings Online or Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures? :p?

Jowy
07-25-2008, 04:23 AM
OVER NINE MILLION ONLINE says my box of the game, but it's probably spiked way past that. AoC's an incomplete game by what everyone says.

Khaotic
07-25-2008, 06:05 AM
OVER NINE MILLION ONLINE says my box of the game, but it's probably spiked way past that. AoC's an incomplete game by what everyone says.

They made an announcement a few months ago that they have 10 million subscribers now. :P

Conan flopped from what I heard, and LoTR is like non-existent(compared to WoW) and Warhammer screwed themselves by, from what I heard, cutting some content from their initial release just to compete with WoTLK and it upset alot of warhammer fans.

And I do mean alot of content;

Zonk is reporting that the Warhammer Online team has decided to keep their launch deadline firm. Unfortunately, in order to do so, they are pulling quite a few things from the game. Four of the six capital cities are being removed, as well as four of the character classes (two of which were considered the primary "tanking" classes for their race). The team emphatically claims that this has nothing to do with EA. Does this hurt their chances for success more than simply delaying the launch date?

P.S. And ignore all my "Ands", I just realized how often I used it and I'm not going to edit it all at midnight, I'm too tired for that.

ValkyrieWing
07-25-2008, 06:32 AM
Yeah, seems like WoW's still king of the mountain.

I just did Hyjal for the first time ever.....I was terrified!

How bad is it that I need to do the heroics for the title...? ><!

Bunny
07-25-2008, 07:27 AM
I think I'm going to take my hunter and shaman into WotLK and still playing. Hunters are getting amazing buffs come expansions and enhancement shamans are just fun as hell to play, plus it makes for a good compliment to the rest of my 5-man group if we get together and start playing again (Warr, Hunter, Priest, Rogue, Enh Shaman). I'm not sure how I feel about leaving my mage, rogue, and druid behind though.

Dragonsoul
07-25-2008, 11:13 AM
Are these the most popular current Mmorpg's?

World of Warcraft
Eve Online
The Lord of the Rings Online
Guild Wars
Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures
City of Heroes
City of Villains
Everquest II
Tabula Rasa

Mmorpg 2007 readers choice awards results...
http://www.mmorpg.com/showFeature.cfm/loadFeature/1656

Which two rpg's in Usa currently challenge WoW for supremacy? I'm not familiar with it. I may try a Mmorpg in a few years. I played 30 hours of FF XI and never played WoW(but I wanna demo 10 hours soon of it). :)

Bunny
07-25-2008, 04:28 PM
I don't think there is anything that really challenges WoW at the moment.

Avarice-ness
07-25-2008, 04:41 PM

Agree'd.

Either way, I like a conversation I had on WoW about WotLK. Basically how they're making nearly all the classes OP and just calling it even.

Seriously, hunters don't need camo, they're not rogues. Now I hate hunters more! OH AND NOT ONLY THAT, but combat rogue's get a Shadowstep esque ability. NOW I HATE COMBAT ROGUE'S EVEN MORE! Although they gave sub rogue's a more powerful ambush talent, so now I love myself even more.

It doesn't really matter for me, I won't be playing WotLK because it's out in November and well... baby + only a mom at home = little time. My husband will prolly get it while he's still off in Army school, which just means I'll have to be like "DUDE WHY DID YOU GET YOUR STUPID SELF ADDICTED YOU'RE ONLY GOING TO PLAY IT FOR A MONTH. >=["

Magixion
07-25-2008, 05:02 PM
I am a big MMORPG guy, and will probably take my level 70 pally into WotLK just to see the new content. So, maybe if anyone needs a healer or something let me know! :)

As far as anything contesting WoW, I thought Age of Conan had potential... but Funcom fucked that all up. A -very- incomplete game and they totally failed to follow through on any content or to even fix any of the most prominent bugs in it since launch. I was with it from day one, and have watched it go down hill.

Khaotic
07-25-2008, 05:21 PM

Agree'd.

Either way, I like a conversation I had on WoW about WotLK. Basically how they're making nearly all the classes OP and just calling it even.

Seriously, hunters don't need camo, they're not rogues. Now I hate hunters more! OH AND NOT ONLY THAT, but combat rogue's get a Shadowstep esque ability. NOW I HATE COMBAT ROGUE'S EVEN MORE! Although they gave sub rogue's a more powerful ambush talent, so now I love myself even more.

It doesn't really matter for me, I won't be playing WotLK because it's out in November and well... baby + only a mom at home = little time. My husband will prolly get it while he's still off in Army school, which just means I'll have to be like "DUDE WHY DID YOU GET YOUR STUPID SELF ADDICTED YOU'RE ONLY GOING TO PLAY IT FOR A MONTH. >=["
Camo? They took that out.

Camouflage: (Level 68, 5 min cooldown) You Camouflage, causing you to blend in with your surroundings. Instantly removes all physical and spell debuffs, and you fade into an improved invisibility state. Camouflage will break after the you deal damage. Lasts until cancelled. - Removed.

Lawr
07-25-2008, 05:31 PM
I just hope the next upgrade abolishes the Alliance!

:laugh:

Epic Death Knights are epic.

Bunny
07-25-2008, 05:49 PM
Basically how they're making nearly all the classes OP and just calling it even.

A warrior friend of mine is pissed because they are making warriors even more useless.

Khaotic
07-25-2008, 05:57 PM
You guys should just read the beta forums, you'll get pure facts and able to witness all the testing/bugs/changes from official sources.

WoW Forums -> Shaman Discussion (http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/board.html?forumId=7573198&sid=2000)

Just a random link to the forums, you should know how to navigate them.

Lawr
07-25-2008, 05:57 PM
Basically how they're making nearly all the classes OP and just calling it even.

A warrior friend of mine is pissed because they are making warriors even more useless.

Well, there is a new Fury (Or was it Arms) Talent that lets them hold a two handed weapon in one hand, so you could dual-wield two two handed weapons.

Jowy
07-25-2008, 06:54 PM
Fury gives Titan's Grip.

Avarice-ness
07-25-2008, 07:31 PM

Agree'd.

Camo? They took that out.

Camouflage: (Level 68, 5 min cooldown) You Camouflage, causing you to blend in with your surroundings. Instantly removes all physical and spell debuffs, and you fade into an improved invisibility state. Camouflage will break after the you deal damage. Lasts until cancelled. - Removed.

THAT'S THE BEST NEWS I'VE HEARD ALL WEEK! :D

Yeah my warrior friend was pissed too. He's basically devoted his life to his warrior. xD

Dragonsoul
07-25-2008, 11:21 PM
I am a big MMORPG guy, and will probably take my level 70 pally into WotLK just to see the new content. So, maybe if anyone needs a healer or something let me know! :)

As far as anything contesting WoW, I thought Age of Conan had potential... but Funcom smurfed that all up. A -very- incomplete game and they totally failed to follow through on any content or to even fix any of the most prominent bugs in it since launch. I was with it from day one, and have watched it go down hill.

I'm not familiar with Mmorpg's like World of Warcraft. What SPECIFICALLY do you do in the game? List them please and how many hours it takes, assuming you only have one character.

600 hours? :choc2:?!

Jowy
07-26-2008, 12:00 AM
Depends the class you level. You'll have a tough time if you start off as a warrior, very gear dependent and rather difficult to solo multiple mobs. Druid, Hunter, and Rogue are the easiest classes to level in my opinion. Basically, you'll start off in a small little village, get sent on some quests to fetch x amount of y item, kill x amount of y monster, go to a cave and kill some evil guy, get sent to large city. Around level 10-12 (Horde anyway, not sure on when Alliance gets their first dungeon quests), you'll get sent off with four other people to do some group quests in a dungeon. Kill some difficult monsters, a few bosses, and get some decent equipment.

Here (http://www.wowwiki.com/Newbie_guide) is a pretty well-rounded guide for those new to the game.

Dragonsoul
07-26-2008, 02:37 AM
Looks great! :cool:!

Bunny
07-26-2008, 06:04 PM
Basically how they're making nearly all the classes OP and just calling it even.A warrior friend of mine is pissed because they are making warriors even more useless.

Well, there is a new Fury (Or was it Arms) Talent that lets them hold a two handed weapon in one hand, so you could dual-wield two two handed weapons.

Fury gives Titan's Grip.

Titan's Grip slows your attack speed by 28% and has little-to-no viable dps due to lack of MS. I will be surprised if they don't change it or take it out completely.

Basically how they're making nearly all the classes OP and just calling it even.A warrior friend of mine is pissed because they are making warriors even more useless.

Yeah my warrior friend was pissed too. He's basically devoted his life to his warrior.

Yeah, my friend is considered the best tank on the server, if not the battlegroup and has had several people from other from other battlegroups ask him to server transfer so for their guild and/or arena team. It's pretty crazy. He has the best gear in the game too, so he doesn't really know what he's doing in WotLK.

As far as leveling goes, Jowy pretty much said it. Hunters, Rogues and Druids are all capable of rushing to 70 in a very short amount of time. If you play a frost mage correctly and AOE grind the appropriate mobs without dying they are pretty fast too. Same goes for paladins if you level ret until about 35 or so and then respec to prot.

Avarice-ness
07-26-2008, 06:43 PM

As far as anything contesting WoW, I thought Age of Conan had potential... but Funcom smurfed that all up. A -very- incomplete game and they totally failed to follow through on any content or to even fix any of the most prominent bugs in it since launch. I was with it from day one, and have watched it go down hill.

I'm not familiar with Mmorpg's like World of Warcraft. What SPECIFICALLY do you do in the game? List them please and how many hours it takes, assuming you only have one character.

600 hours? :choc2:?!

> >; Everyone has different goals in WoW. Mine is to have a rogue for 2 years and never make it to level 70. Why? Because attacking newb towns is massively more fun than leveling. So are battle grounds. So is making new characters and seeing how fast you can level them within a certain amount of time. Some days, I just want a lot of gold, so I go farming for it.
One of my friends goals was to have a level 70 fully geared of each class, he has 3 classes already completed (Priest, Mage, and Warlock).

Everything > Leveling.

Bunny
07-26-2008, 08:55 PM
One of my friends goals was to have a level 70 fully geared of each class, he has 3 classes already completed (Priest, Mage, and Warlock).

What's his definition of "fully geared"? Complete epics?

Jowy
07-28-2008, 08:40 PM
I rage every time someone in "full epics" thinks that their Merciless set will make them better in SSC/TK.

Also, Titan's Grip's only redeeming quality seems to be BIG WHIRLWINDS, but the sheer mediocrity of a DPS warrior will never make that a viable specialization. Go prot or go home. 8-)

Lawr
07-28-2008, 09:01 PM
I hate Warrior tanks. I prefer Paladins.

Jowy
07-28-2008, 10:06 PM
Paladins are the kings of 5 mans, I prefer tanking as a warrior though. Lots more to do than hit consecrate and go AFK.

Dragonsoul
07-29-2008, 02:24 AM
I finally played World of Warcraft last night. It was kinda good, but I don't know enough about the game. I spawned in "The Abbey" area. I joined a party and went to Shadowglen. The party grew to nine and then dwindled down to five.

It took an hour to get to our destination. After we reached our destination five of us were getting on a ship, but one person didn't make it in time, Funpickle. I couldn't leave him so I ran off and jumped off the ship while it was moving! It was like an epic scene from the movie. I don't know what happened to the others but I can message them. I set my character to follow Funpickle and I went to sleep. I woke up and Wow had crashed with an error message.

I stayed on for like 4 hours, because I wanted to get to the destination. What should I do in the game? I'll try later today.

I kept getting duealed by Catscratch, and Dalarin was another character, I suppose there are to many players for you to know these people? Lilgz and Leorrissia and Nevyn are some more players there. :)

Lawr
07-29-2008, 02:30 AM
I finally played World of Warcraft last night. It was kinda good, but I don't know enough about the game. I spawned in "The Abbey" area. I joined a party and went to Shadowglen. The party grew to nine and then dwindled down to five.

It took an hour to get to our destination. After we reached our destination five of us were getting on a ship, but one person didn't make it in time, Funpickle. I couldn't leave him so I ran off and jumped off the ship while it was moving! It was like an epic scene from the movie. I don't know what happened to the others but I can message them. I set my character to follow Funpickle and I went to sleep. I woke up and Wow had crashed with an error message.

I stayed on for like 4 hours, because I wanted to get to the destination. What should I do in the game? I'll try later today.

I kept getting duealed by Catscratch, and Dalarin was another character, I suppose there are to many players for you to know these people? Lilgz and Leorrissia and Nevyn are some more players there. :)

It's not impossible for us not to know them, depending on your server.

Edit
Oh and it seems like you started off playing someone else's character, so the game may be confusing especially lingo.

Dragonsoul
07-29-2008, 02:34 AM
But Catscratch kept dualing me! She kept hitting me and I was still learning how to walk properly. I jumped and stuff, I ended up defeating her later though.

I'll sign on now! :)

Bunny
07-29-2008, 03:13 AM
I hate Warrior tanks. I prefer Paladins.

Because the majority of the things I do are 5 mans and every class I play save one has CC potentials, I tend to prefer Paladin tanks. However, warrior tanks are just fine and are even better for a good chunk of situations. Druid tanks are imbeciles.

Paladins are the kings of 5 mans, I prefer tanking as a warrior though. Lots more to do than hit consecrate and go AFK.

Don't forget MH!

Madame Adequate
07-29-2008, 01:08 PM

Everything else combined doesn't challenge WoW. The game has > 50% of market share.

And yeah last time I played a War MS was far from necessary, and its importance was overemphasized. But given how Blizz has a hate on for Wars I wouldn't be surprised if Fury's been nerfed to the point where the people who think Arms is the only way to go are right.

ValkyrieWing
07-29-2008, 05:38 PM
It seems like i get online to do my dailies and before i know it, i'm in a 25 man god knows where.

I got pulled into SSC last night, won a bunch of loot....died once. :p

Raiding is so fun....by bank acount certainly dosent like it though.

Jowy
07-29-2008, 05:40 PM
INTO THE WATER

SPOUT SPOUT CLOCKWISE SPOUT

ValkyrieWing
07-29-2008, 06:43 PM
I actually havent done lurker yet. I did Tidewalker and Fathom Lord though....

I got roflpwned on Fathomlord. :p

Jowy
07-29-2008, 06:44 PM
I've never tried Fathom Lord. The fight looks kind of chaotic.

ValkyrieWing
07-29-2008, 06:49 PM
It was. My job was simple..heal the pally tank on FL while everyone else took care of his little friends.

My issue was that I got blasted by the AOE he does and didn't heal myself in time, because that guy hits like a train full of trucks. I was so focused on the tank I forgot about myself.

I died, ankhed and died again.

It was so my bad. lol

Lawr
07-29-2008, 07:00 PM
At least is doesn't sound like you get whooped by Ahune. :(

Jowy
07-29-2008, 07:03 PM
I never got my frostscythe. :aimcry:

Bunny
07-29-2008, 07:17 PM
I've never tried Fathom Lord. The fight looks kind of chaotic.

It's only chaotic if a third of the raid doesn't know anything about the encounter. Otherwise it's a pretty straightforward fight. Leotheras is probably the best fight in SSC though.

ValkyrieWing
07-29-2008, 07:36 PM
At least is doesn't sound like you get whooped by Ahune. :(

I didnt die on Ahune, even on heroic.

Hurt like a biyatch, but I didnt die.

But yeah, I havent gotten to try Leotheras yet. I'm hoping to soon though. Though admittedly, SSC is a lot less threatening after you've been stepped on by Archimonde a couple times....

Bunny
07-29-2008, 07:53 PM
Kael and Vashj are two of the worst encounters in the game. Illidan is the worst though. Archimonde is pretty fun except if you are a decursing class, because that's all you freaking do aside from not stepping in the fire. I think the best encounter I've done so far is Kalecgos.

Ahune was pretty fun. Horrible with most of the groups I managed to get though. Never had a chance to finish him on Heroic, nobody knew how to do him for some stupid reason.

ValkyrieWing
07-29-2008, 08:03 PM
At least if you die on Archimonde, the end comes quickly. You don't necessarily have to keep trying. Lol

Renmiri
07-30-2008, 03:22 AM
I hope they fix hunters!!! I love my hunter for soloing but on PVP and battlegrounds people just ignore my pet and pwn me :(

I'm trying a paladin now. Boy do I miss my hunter's bow!!

Bunny
07-30-2008, 03:43 AM
I hope they fix hunters!!! I love my hunter for soloing but on PVP and battlegrounds people just ignore my pet and pwn me :(

wat

Madame Adequate
07-30-2008, 03:46 AM
Srsly

Jowy
07-31-2008, 02:35 AM
Scattershot that http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif!

ValkyrieWing
07-31-2008, 03:20 AM
I dont even know what to say to that...

Ki Ki
07-31-2008, 04:00 AM
Go BM and you can be a REAL huntard. :excited:
I plan to complete one full run of rfc by the time this comes out! :D *flex*

ValkyrieWing
07-31-2008, 04:25 AM
LOL

I HAVE a hunter. I got bored, and rolled a shaman instead.

Bunny
07-31-2008, 05:50 AM
LOL

I alternate my shaman and hunter out, with bits of druid in between. I got really tired of my resto druid though, so now my friend plays it in order to get Gladiator. Hunters and shamans are both equally amazing though. But only enhancement shamans, resto sucks balls. Elemental is just pew pew oom.

Madame Adequate
07-31-2008, 12:37 PM

Hey, there are some really great BM hunters out there! You best not be dissin' BRK (http://www.bigredkitty.net/) or our very own Auntie Pike (http://aspectofthehare.blogspot.com/)! :p

ValkyrieWing
07-31-2008, 05:58 PM
LOL

I alternate my shaman and hunter out, with bits of druid in between. I got really tired of my resto druid though, so now my friend plays it in order to get Gladiator. Hunters and shamans are both equally amazing though. But only enhancement shamans, resto sucks balls. Elemental is just pew pew oom.

With my hunter being on a different server...(and not yet 70) and being a main raid healer for my guild in t6 content, I definitely play my shaman more. :3

I guess you have to have a certain mentality to heal...A lot of people only do it because they have to. I do it because I like seeing people's hp go UP and knowing I caused it. I like to know that I'm keeping my guildies alive when it comes time. And Chain Heal makes life MUCH easier.

...but I do have an enhancement set that pretty much rocks house. :3 Needs more Windfury....:love:

Pike
07-31-2008, 07:05 PM

Hey, there are some really great BM hunters out there! You best not be dissin' BRK (http://www.bigredkitty.net/) or our very own Auntie Pike (http://aspectofthehare.blogspot.com/)! :p

I have so much work to do and so little time :(

Edit: wtHux my blog isn't loading my Armory sigs! >=|

Ki Ki
07-31-2008, 07:17 PM
I'm sorry, it's just that there is one very annoyingly cocky BM hunter in my battlegroup. D:
Who has liek 7k hp and a big red pet, he also always has a rock nearby that he hides behind while his pet chases me endlessly around the map. Oh and did I mention he's a night elf? :barf:
That is recipe for passionate hate from me. :kaoangry:
But yeah, huntards suck. Cheap little bastards.

bipper
07-31-2008, 07:26 PM

Yeah, BM is about the most amazing hunter spec, as far as dps in concerned. I have run damage meters and tried it myself. Paired with a well trained Ravager, and a quick bow, the DPS is amazing.

I personally hate the idea of BM. The draw to hunter for me was to simply be a dwarf with a gun. That is just always sexy. The idea of having to rely on your pet pisses me off. Marksman is a sweet spec, but still, a bit too queer for my tastes. I ended up going survival, and I can raid and pvp like the best of em. As long as I don't run into OP warlocks or an insanely well geared and well played rouge. Either way, I am sure blizzard will continue to lower the hunter's dps to make them more reliant on their retarded pets. I have been wishing for a move called "sacrifice pet" where you grab a sharp object and slit your pets throat and bleed it dry so that you can get a ranged attack power increase.

Shaman are a sweet class too. I have like four on emerald dream, but I have yet to start one on my current server. :/ I have to say though, I am enjoying my prot pally immensely.

ValkyrieWing
07-31-2008, 08:48 PM
I have a druid too...my boyfriend's an incredible drud tank, so he keeps telling me what to do. But I'm leaning toward being a boomkin just for fun. :)

Renmiri
08-01-2008, 03:40 AM
I probably don't know how to play hunter well then :( I depend on my pet a lot!

A pity I don't play it well, because I love having a pet!!!

Pike
08-01-2008, 04:22 AM
I probably don't know how to play hunter well then :( I depend on my pet a lot!

A pity I don't play it well, because I love having a pet!!!

I love having pets too! :mog: Definitely my favorite part of the class.

You are free to visit my blog (http://aspectofthehare.blogspot.com/) if you would like, I do my best to teach others how to play a hunter well and minimize the "huntard" stereotype to the best of my ability. :)

Jowy
08-01-2008, 04:23 AM
If you're getting mauled in low level BGs it might be epeen stroking twinks that's your problem.

Misfit
08-01-2008, 10:41 AM
Forget hunters, my third character is now a rogue and omgwtf it's so much fun~! :smash:

Ki Ki
08-01-2008, 04:29 PM
He has no epeen!! He doesn't even have rlpeen!! There is nothing twinkish about shadowmelding and putting your huge smelly poophead pet on someone!
Oh and yay for rogues Shay! We run this!! :aimsun:

Misfit
08-01-2008, 05:42 PM
Play on Draka imo! 8-)

escobert
08-01-2008, 06:02 PM
rogues are fun :D and yes draka ftw :P maybe I'll play again sometime :P

McLovin'
08-02-2008, 05:00 AM
[quote=ValkyrieWing;2540670]LOL

But only enhancement shamans, resto sucks balls. Elemental is just pew pew oom.

Pvp or pve? :p Cause resto dominates pvp (at least I do :) ) and they get top of the healing meters too, so win win!

With the new elem and enhance buffs fighting other shamans as resto will be hard imo.

Caraliz
08-02-2008, 05:05 AM
No.

Ki Ki
08-02-2008, 05:50 AM
No.

LOLCAT!! :catsmile:

Misfit
08-02-2008, 06:34 AM
No.

YES AND LIZ CAN PLAY WITH ME TOO OMG LIZ

ValkyrieWing
08-02-2008, 07:25 AM
Ive never been a fan, or very good at, pvp. Resto or not, usually the best i can do is keep myself alive whime they're whaling on me. ><

Jowy
08-02-2008, 04:57 PM
Enhancement PvP was stupidly fun at lower levels. I'd one-shot clothies, run the flag, toss a few heals, and use my dumb engineering gadgets to get me out of sticky situations if applicable.

ValkyrieWing
08-02-2008, 05:43 PM
Lol

Dosen't enhancement at higher levels suck though? That's what I heard: being enhance at 70 in a BG is a BAD idea.

Bunny
08-02-2008, 06:03 PM
It doesn't suck, no. But it is harder to maintain survival because you have to get into the thick of things. Resto or Elemental are better for BG pvp, imo. Resto never really dies unless they get swamped and Elemental just stands back at max range and throws LB and CL at random alliance/horde.

On the flip side, Resto will find a place in all three brackets of arenas. Whereas Enhancement only really has a place in 3s and Elemental only has a place in 5s.

Regardless, Enhancement is a pretty fun spec all around. It doesn't have the survivability of other classes or shaman specs, but they can do some damage before finally dying.

Renmiri
08-02-2008, 10:56 PM
I love having pets too! :mog: Definitely my favorite part of the class.

You are free to visit my blog (http://aspectofthehare.blogspot.com/) if you would like, I do my best to teach others how to play a hunter well and minimize the "huntard" stereotype to the best of my ability. :)
Bookmarked :love:

If you're getting mauled in low level BGs it might be epeen stroking twinks that's your problem.

twinks, yeah met them :eek: they are hard!!!!

Mirage
08-02-2008, 11:16 PM

Agree'd.

I know a girl who maxed a few jobs in FF11 while she was on maternal leave. I'm sure you can get something done in WoW! Never say never!

Lawr
08-03-2008, 06:58 PM
This Twinkadin will kick your a$$ (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Doomhammer&n=Lenid).

Used to be BM and it was pretty OK but most people ( PvP ) ignore the pet so tried respeccing into Marksman and I think it's easier to kill someone quickly. (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Doomhammer&n=Tebo)

ValkyrieWing
08-03-2008, 07:03 PM
i'd rather not pump out a ton of gold and stuff to sit at level 19 for the rest of my existance and kill people. Sounds like a waste of time.

Lawr
08-03-2008, 07:05 PM
It's not that expensive to make a low-level twink. Unless you're trying to be like this guy who had a 49 Tauren Warrior with Mongoose.

Ki Ki
08-03-2008, 07:12 PM
Being a twink is eezy.
Being a non-twink and still ploughing everyone is not. :excited:

Bunny
08-03-2008, 07:29 PM
This Twinkadin will kick your a$$ (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Doomhammer&n=Lenid).

Not a twink.

It's not that expensive to make a low-level twink. Unless you're trying to be like this guy who had a 49 Tauren Warrior with Mongoose.

That's the very definition of a twink. You get the best available gear in your level bracket and put the best available enchants on them. That includes paying for Mongoose and whatever the best leg enchant for your character class would be.

Lawr
08-03-2008, 09:13 PM

Not a twink.

:cry:

That's the very definition of a twink. You get the best available gear in your level bracket and put the best available enchants on them. That includes paying for Mongoose and whatever the best leg enchant for your character class would be.

Some items are too low of an item level to have Mongoose and Executioner and all that good stuff, but only if you're going to seriously twink low-level battlegrounds.

Ki Ki
08-03-2008, 09:19 PM
I guess if you're even going to consider twinking at all you might as well go all out, no?
It's like buying really expensive pumps and not buying a really expensive dress to go with it. POINTLESS! :aimmad:

Lawr
08-03-2008, 09:26 PM
I just hit 35 with Lenid recently, so haven't found the time to give him all the new Lv 35 enchants and bonuses that are available. And the intentions were not to be completely oriented in twinking BG, just being real beasty at low levels.

Bunny
08-03-2008, 09:31 PM
Twinks are usually the highest level in their bracket (19, 29, 39, etc) with the best enchants available. On most PVP servers and in most low level BGs, you'd be hard pressed to do any serious damage without a decked out twink.

Freya
08-03-2008, 10:06 PM
OFF THE TWINKING SUBJECT AND BACK TO WotLK.

I'm pretty excited to be fighting with an aspect to then fight AGAINST and aspect. Alexstrasa, aspect of the red flight and protector of life versus Malygos, aspect of the blue flight, regulator of Magic. Nefarion and Onyxia were big, think of ASPECTS the biggest dragons there are! I wanna see how WoW deals with such creatures. If they make them smaller than it has always been told I'm gonna be a little pissed.

Seeing as they are finally adding in two of the five aspects, it makes me wonder when they'll add in some of the others. It's been rumored deathwing may make an appearance sometime, in a patch or something. I'm hoping he comes. And then other people say Ysera will come with the release The Emerald Nightmare (Dream). That most likely will be another expansion though :/

Sure new class and new abilities but i'm a sucker for the WoW Lore.

ValkyrieWing
08-04-2008, 02:29 AM
OFF THE TWINKING SUBJECT AND BACK TO WotLK.

I'm pretty excited to be fighting with an aspect to then fight AGAINST and aspect. Alexstrasa, aspect of the red flight and protector of life versus Malygos, aspect of the blue flight, regulator of Magic. Nefarion and Onyxia were big, think of ASPECTS the biggest dragons there are! I wanna see how WoW deals with such creatures. If they make them smaller than it has always been told I'm gonna be a little pissed.

Seeing as they are finally adding in two of the five aspects, it makes me wonder when they'll add in some of the others. It's been rumored deathwing may make an appearance sometime, in a patch or something. I'm hoping he comes. And then other people say Ysera will come with the release The Emerald Nightmare (Dream). That most likely will be another expansion though :/

Sure new class and new abilities but i'm a sucker for the WoW Lore.

I am too.

After reading the first WoW Archive, I still get chills whenever I walk into Kara.

Lawr
08-04-2008, 02:57 AM
I also read up on the story of the Lich King and the story of the Undead, and the Blood Elves.

ValkyrieWing
08-04-2008, 03:18 AM
I did too.

I love the warcraft story...I almost want to play the strategy games.

Lawr
08-04-2008, 04:28 AM
I played Frozen Throne once and got killed by some Red Dragons.

ValkyrieWing
08-04-2008, 05:31 AM
lol

Can you even find the original Warcraft anywhere? It's probably like trying to find King's Quest...

Freya
08-04-2008, 08:50 AM
I've read the war of the ancients trilogy written by Richard A. Knaack. It's about the first time the burning legion came tried to take over. Illidan and Malfurion and such. AND own WCII and III. Have the sunwell trilogy which is a collection of the recent comic book that's based during the recent burning legion invasion. AND have WoW and WoW:BC.

So I know quite a lot ^_^ BUT i'd like to know more. And with Wrath lots of things may be answered. Like the kraus question! What has that consort been up to?!

bipper
08-04-2008, 05:29 PM
Wow, I mean, I like the lore, I think it is the best amongst MMOs, but I also see it as overly complicated and lacking simple direction. I would like to see it become more organic, yet purposeful. It is so incredibly entity based and sterile it makes me want to puke at times. Medivh, please.

However, I do really like it. Granted, WoW and lore have not been overly consistent, it is nice to see the regimen being -- at least -- loosely followed.

Back on twinks, learn2play. Real men wear green. Green tights.

Also, as far as huntards goes, if you want to avoid the huntard strats, I tend to play with a 00/31/30 build. This gives me great CC and dps for raids, and large amounts of utility with the best of damage. My crit % is over 35% base. I tend to hit like a truck and use my pet mainly as target practice. Sending him after those loofers that stay on the outside of fights cause they have no real gull to join. Scavengers meet Ravagers! With muh spec, I have been out DPSing mages and fall just short our RIP warrior whom completely has me out geared. I easily out damage pure marksmen specs - easily.

My brains have me set for beyond Gruuls. My gear however has me in Gruuls atm.

ValkyrieWing
08-04-2008, 06:30 PM
In your guys' opinion, how does gear effect the particular class type when it comes to endgame? I'm raiding Hyjal/BT in 2 pieces of t4 still, and don't seem to have any diufficultiy being top 3 on healing (as a shaman). The other healers FAR outgear me.

bipper
08-04-2008, 06:49 PM
WoW is a gear game, and to that there is no real question. As far as healing and DPS goes, there is lenience for sure. When you play a Shaman, your are going to be high in the amount healed because the class actually specializes and excels in this are, especially in raids. Shaman are a bit unchecked too, so they are an amazing class.

I am geared for Kara only, and I still pass on gear in gruul's because my gear is per my spec and play style, that is the most important thing. Know your character. The reason my DPS is so high, is because of my high crit chance! So there are certain armors that may look better, but just do not mesh with my chracter well. I have yet to really play with the teir 4+ gear though. Not entirely interested yet.

Anyways, as far as healing goes, I put it in this order: Circumstance(Raid vs group style)->Class->Talents->Gear

I say this cause my gear may be low, but I can out dps and pvp most other hunters in better gear - unless they have the sands of times ammo. :) I Strongly attribute this to a solid and class knowledgeable talent build.

Jowy
08-04-2008, 07:44 PM
Nothin' wrong with keeping the two piece T4 bonus.

@ bipper

There's always Magtheridon and ZA too. :)

Misfit
08-05-2008, 05:41 AM
Guys, hey guys. I like how in the 51-60 AV bracket alliance always loses. Always. My third alt needs a wolf, thanks guys. :D

Bunny
08-05-2008, 05:50 AM
Alliance loses every BG. Because most of them are horrible at pvp.

bipper
08-05-2008, 05:58 AM
Alliance vs horde is incredibly off balance. Don't even get me started on the balance factor.

Thank God that they finally moved the horde back where they should have been spawning in AV.

But yeah, horde is pretty much easy mode. Easy quest layouts, easy to get to dungeons, better racials up and by far, and horde instances always produce better phat lewtz. We always skip our own and go up to Shadowfang keep, crawl, and others. The horde just seem to have a natural tenacity to work better together - where as the alliance has so many idiots spamming their 4chan disease on /bg. My hordie sees this, but not nearly as much.

Also, it seems like a lot of hordies are bitter alliance transplants who have more experience and know what they are doing. It is kinda of a running joke, that everyone's first toon is alliance, their best is horde. I just have a certain affinity for my dwarfs.

Freya
08-05-2008, 06:17 AM
On my battle group AV belongs to alliance and EotS is a toss up. AB and WG are horde territory.

AND BACK TO LORE MISTER BIPPER! You are jut looking at the most recent history, go back to the first war :D

Also... i'm leveling a mage >.>

AND, i'm going to blizzcon. I want a polar bear mount. TOTALLY SERIOUS.

Misfit
08-05-2008, 07:05 AM
better racials up and by far,
...Truth. xD Blizzard is just trying to make it obvious that horde > alliance, that's all. 8-) Atleast alliance has FPs all over the entire world.

OHMYGOD SHADOWMELD BUT I CAN'T MOVE LOL I BET YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE I AM!

bipper
08-05-2008, 07:59 AM
AND BACK TO LORE MISTER BIPPER! You are jut looking at the most recent history, go back to the first war :D

I have been a warcraft fan since the first game. I really did enjoy the first war, the second one got a little more serious, and then the third happened. I like what they did, but they just seemed do feel like they got a bit carried away and compromised an elegant storyline for a rushed and very disoriented dysfunctional factional system.

Basically, WCIII is a lie. Orcs do not have souls.

AND, i'm going to blizzcon. I want a polar bear mount. TOTALLY SERIOUS.

See you there.

Jowy
08-05-2008, 04:43 PM
I'd rather have the inflatable Frostmourne myself. <3

ValkyrieWing
08-05-2008, 04:53 PM
I wanna go.... :(

Misfit
08-05-2008, 04:55 PM
Basically, WCIII is a lie. Orcs do not have souls.
I agree, I hate all orx... except Thrall! And I'm horde!

bipper
08-05-2008, 05:00 PM
EoFF Blizzcon road trip?

Magixion
08-05-2008, 06:16 PM
I am thinking about heading to Blizzcon as well. If anything goes down, let me know.

Btw, funny WoW comic ^^

http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2008/20080721.jpg

Ki Ki
08-05-2008, 07:29 PM
I love orcs, they're so cute and fat and short and balding! ): Only male ones though. :drool:
But trolls are my favourite guys! :kaolove2:

Also, in my first battlegroup, horde always won AV. No exceptions. Always.
Now after server transfering, we always lose. :aimsad:

Freya
08-05-2008, 11:58 PM
No i meant the first war as in first burning legion war xD Not the warcraft games themselves, the history. Queen Azshara, all that jazz.

I want a bubble hearth toy xD

Misfit
08-06-2008, 06:14 AM
Also, in my first battlegroup, horde always won AV. No exceptions. Always.
Now after server transfering, we always lose. :aimsad:

Come to Draka Ki Ki <3 We can AV togetha!

ValkyrieWing
08-06-2008, 04:19 PM
Anyways...lol

I'm looking forward to WotLK even more now....I want to see Malygos, Alexstraza and the others....I can't wait! :3

bipper
08-06-2008, 06:53 PM
I just want to punch arathas in the face. In fact, when I get there, I am sure my buddies will let me go in unarmed and do just that. It should end sadly.

*battlerez*

ValkyrieWing
08-07-2008, 12:10 AM
Lol

You should record it so we all can see, bipper. :D

Carl the Llama
08-07-2008, 02:06 AM
I can say somthing very very few people can say: I have NEVER lost an AV battle and before you go spouting "you prolly havent played it much" I have, many many times lol.

Misfit
08-07-2008, 06:45 AM
I can say somthing very very few people can say: I have NEVER lost an AV battle and before you go spouting "you prolly havent played it much" I have, many many times lol.

I haven't lost an AV match on my rogue yet. 8-) Oh yeah, wolf got woo!

ValkyrieWing
08-07-2008, 07:03 PM
I just found out that WotLK is going to have secondary talent specs so you don't have to respec?

Resto/Enhance gogogo. lol

Renmiri
08-08-2008, 02:22 AM
Did anyone buy the advance release thingy ? I saw it for sale already

Jowy
08-08-2008, 01:53 PM
I did not, but I saw tons of people with the new vanity pet for the 2008 Olympics and think it's adorable. Not even on wowhead yet, so I can't link it. :( It's a baby Chinese dragon acquired through winning a BG.

Renmiri
08-09-2008, 01:15 AM
Oooo! I saw it too, want it!!!

Jowy
08-12-2008, 02:30 AM
Shameless thread bump.

So that +haste to gloves enchant my soon to be Enhancement shaman gets from leveling goggles and bombs is pretty sweet.

WoW Forums -> New engineering recipes! (WotLK) (http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=8765631222&sid=1)

Misfit
08-13-2008, 06:05 PM
Guess I need to play my paladin again. :(

Renmiri
08-23-2008, 07:28 PM
Ooo new engineering recipes :love: Love those! I have the cutest mechanical dragonling!!!

Jowy
09-15-2008, 05:36 PM
necro

November 13th release date.

Renmiri
09-28-2008, 04:38 AM
Got me the cutest pet on brewer fest on Orgrimar: a wolpertinger :love:

Mitch
09-28-2008, 04:48 AM
I dunno if I'll get WotLK. I thought the last expansion sucked and whenever i get a character to 60 i lose all desire to progress with it. It would be nice if they still had some pre expansion servers. but i guess that would be complicated

Renmiri
09-28-2008, 06:09 AM
Awww come on, BELFs rule and Dranae aren't so bad either.

Jowy
09-28-2008, 08:14 AM
blood elves LOL

disregard that my mage is one

McLovin'
09-28-2008, 10:26 AM
There are no male Blood Elves, just females and pretty females.

Renmiri
09-29-2008, 05:30 AM
Yeah, male BELFs look a bit girly :D

Serapy
09-29-2008, 05:37 AM
I already have a 70 UD mage and a 70 UD rogue, both are in the Horde side. Both have good epics (T6+badge gears). It's hard to say which character to level to 80 first. After considering for a while, I've decided not to check out the new expansion, since I've already quit several months ago.

Araciel
09-29-2008, 11:04 PM
I play WoW again. I should buy this when it comes out.

Bunny
09-29-2008, 11:19 PM
I already have a 70 UD mage and a 70 UD rogue, both are in the Horde side. Both have good epics (T6+badge gears). It's hard to say which character to level to 80 first. After considering for a while, I've decided not to check out the new expansion, since I've already quit several months ago.

Mages are supposed to be insanely fun in the expansion from what I've heard. Rogues are about the same as they were in Vanilla WoW/BC.

Jowy
09-30-2008, 04:39 AM

my server now plz

Araciel
10-01-2008, 12:06 AM

my server now plz

I went on and Eserikto wasn't around.. :P when do you play?!

Jowy
10-01-2008, 06:40 PM
I get home from work at 11 EST. I'm either on Eserikto or my shaman, Thrankio.

Araciel
10-02-2008, 12:26 AM
LAwl I work 9pm - 7 am...

Jowy
10-02-2008, 04:16 AM
weekends!

Bunny
10-02-2008, 07:15 PM
http://www3.popcap.com/promos/wow/

hell yeah wow just got better

Renmiri
10-04-2008, 05:16 PM
lol.. good for the 10 minutes I have to wait after being ressurected :D

Misfit
10-08-2008, 04:43 PM
http://www3.popcap.com/promos/wow/

hell yeah wow just got better

I got that and played wow just to play bejeweled because it's so pretty on there n_n Then I got bored of it! >:[

WTB NEXT TUESDAY ALREADY, GOD. I want my new talents and my lean mean tanking machine pally wants cute pigtails.

Bunny
10-08-2008, 08:45 PM
I canceled my account.

Jowy
10-10-2008, 08:39 AM
Storytime, go.

Renmiri
10-12-2008, 02:43 AM
why bunny ? did you hate the new stuff ?

Khaotic
10-14-2008, 12:48 AM
Is there a specific server most of the EoFF players play on? I realize there is a thread at the top of the page, but that is so outdated it's not even funny.

Anyway, I'm going to be coming back to WoW to prepare for WotLK, I was planning on trying out Alliance this time with my girlfriend, let me know if any of you guys are alliance and need some new members. :D

I had 3 70's on horde, so I'm experienced, too. (she had 2)

Jowy
10-14-2008, 04:20 AM
Draka Horde pretty much.

Bunny
10-14-2008, 09:38 PM
why bunny ? did you hate the new stuff ?

No interest in continuing. I may come back once the expansion actually hits, but until then it's just a waste of money.

Freya
10-15-2008, 10:43 PM
The new talents D: I hate ret pallies. they nerfed my druid it makes me ;_; They shouldn't be able to three shot a bear. They hit like a freaking truck.

Bunny
10-15-2008, 11:01 PM
They have always hit like trucks, where have you been?

Khaotic
10-16-2008, 03:19 AM
They have always hit like trucks, where have you been?

12-15k burst within the duration of their HoJ is not what they were capable of. The difference is like being hit by a 2 seat ford pickup and an 18 wheel semi.

Bunny
10-16-2008, 04:14 AM
Get over it.

Feral druids about about the most worthless spec/class combination out there. Anyone who didn't expect one class to do well over other classes needs to take a look at what they are playing. World of Warcraft has rarely ever been completely balanced. It may not be what they were once capable of but the entire system was changed and upgraded with the expansion, things are going to deal more damage faster. That's kind of how games and MMOs in general work.

Post Script.
Gamer juggles over 30 Warcraft characters - Video Game Feature - Yahoo! Video Games (http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/gamer-juggles-over-30-warcraft-characters/1255554)

Khaotic
10-16-2008, 05:09 AM
Get over it.

Feral druids about about the most worthless spec/class combination out there. Anyone who didn't expect one class to do well over other classes needs to take a look at what they are playing. World of Warcraft has rarely ever been completely balanced. It may not be what they were once capable of but the entire system was changed and upgraded with the expansion, things are going to deal more damage faster. That's kind of how games and MMOs in general work.

Post Script.
Gamer juggles over 30 Warcraft characters - Video Game Feature - Yahoo! Video Games (http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/gamer-juggles-over-30-warcraft-characters/1255554)

Um, first off.. I'm not a feral druid, nor am I a druid. Second, get over what? These are level 80 talents in the game, it's "balanced" around level 80, I honestly don't care how OP a class is right now. Yes I understand Lekana is a druid, but you basically replied to me.

Realm25
10-16-2008, 05:11 AM
I dont care about nerfs and stuff really..I just play to have fun, I dont get involved in the dumb WoW Politics. That said, I love the change to Beast Master Hunters making available the taming of Devilsaurs (among others) nothing is more bad ass than walking with one next to you.

And Warriors walkin around dual wielding two handers? awesome! and Thunderstorm on my Shaman pwns.

What I could do without though is all the server crashes and glitches now :)

Bunny
10-16-2008, 05:17 AM
12-15k burst within the duration of their HoJ is not what they were capable of. The difference is like being hit by a 2 seat ford pickup and an 18 wheel semi.

That kinda sounds like a complaint about ret paladins to me. To which, I say, get over it. The same complaints were raised when Burning Crusade replaced Vanilla WoW. Ret paladins haven't changed all that much, they are still able to output high amounts of damage in a short amount of time. That is what the spec was designed to do.

Khaotic
10-16-2008, 05:28 AM

That kinda sounds like a complaint about ret paladins to me. To which, I say, get over it. The same complaints were raised when Burning Crusade replaced Vanilla WoW. Ret paladins haven't changed all that much, they are still able to output high amounts of damage in a short amount of time. That is what the spec was designed to do.
Why do you insist on debating this when I clearly just told you I don't care, and that the game isn't balanced around level 70? THEY ARE OP RIGHT NOW. Why? Because we're not 80. Come on, man, this isn't hard to figure out.

Guess what? They have already been nerfed, did you know that? Also, according to GC, he agrees with everyone else. I really hope you've played beta seeing how you talk about alot of stuff like you know precisely what you're talking about.

WotLK Beta (US-English) Forums -> ZOMG RET! (http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=11228403882&pageNo=1&sid=2000)

Now will you stop it?

Bunny
10-16-2008, 05:33 AM
Yeah, you really sound as if you want to stop debating and like you don't care. Protip: People who don't care usually don't make pathetic attempts to get the last word while simultaneous making it clear that they "don't care".

Congratulations.

Khaotic
10-16-2008, 05:35 AM
Yeah, you really sound as if you want to stop debating and like you don't care. Protip: People who don't care usually don't make pathetic attempts to get the last word while simultaneous making it clear that they "don't care".

Congratulations.

Thank you for attacking me personally instead of attacking my facts that you still have failed to counter.

Bunny
10-16-2008, 05:39 AM
So now you want to debate? Make up your mind.

Khaotic
10-16-2008, 05:41 AM

That's what I thought. :p

Bunny
10-16-2008, 06:05 AM

Please, for the sake of your own sanity, stop thinking. I fear it may be doing irreversible damage to your cerebral cortex. Yes, that was another personal attack made by yours truly. But now I'll go ahead and argue your "facts", since you obviously want to do that now.

Why do you insist on debating this when I clearly just told you I don't care, and that the game isn't balanced around level 70? THEY ARE OP RIGHT NOW. Why? Because we're not 80. Come on, man, this isn't hard to figure out.

Guess what? They have already been nerfed, did you know that? Also, according to GC, he agrees with everyone else. I really hope you've played beta seeing how you talk about alot of stuff like you know precisely what you're talking about.

WotLK Beta (US-English) Forums -> ZOMG RET! (http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=11228403882&pageNo=1&sid=2000)

Now will you stop it?

This post does not contain facts. It contains an opinion. Fact does not equal opinion, they are, actually, two different things. Shocking, I know. The character classes, at level 70, are not currently OP. Every class can defeat every other class as long as the player has some comprehensive knowledge about what he is doing and what he needs to do in regards to killing the player he is up against. This is not a definition of being overpowered.

Something that has not been released officially cannot be "nerfed". It can be altered, plain and simple. Beta was created for one reason: to get an understanding on what needs to be fixed prior to a final release being issued. Since the expansion, to my knowledge, hasn't been released yet, it cannot receive a nerf.

I do not see where Ghostcrawler agrees with everyone, but I am not going to waste time wading through 9 pages of content just to debate with someone that previously made it known that he had no intention of carrying on said debate. In his initial post, he states that the "team" does not think ret paladins are suffering from any intensely overwhelming issues in terms of PvE or PvP damage output and that the damage upfront may be a problem that they are taking into consideration. He also goes on to state that some changes will probably occur, but as we all know, probably is not a definite answer.

Also, so you know, I do not play the Beta. I have no intention of playing the beta and I doubt I will ever play World of Warcraft again. I do, however, continue to look up things that are being released about it, just in case something sparks my interest enough to venture back into the game.

There, you got your wish-slash-non-wish. Are you happy or unhappy about getting your way?

Khaotic
10-16-2008, 06:11 AM

Please, for the sake of your own sanity, stop thinking. I fear it may be doing irreversible damage to your cerebral cortex. Yes, that was another personal attack made by yours truly. But now I'll go ahead and argue your "facts", since you obviously want to do that now.

Now will you stop it?

This post does not contain facts. It contains an opinion. Fact does not equal opinion, they are, actually, two different things. Shocking, I know. The character classes, at level 70, are not currently OP. Every class can defeat every other class as long as the player has some comprehensive knowledge about what he is doing and what he needs to do in regards to killing the player he is up against. This is not a definition of being overpowered.

Something that has not been released officially cannot be "nerfed". It can be altered, plain and simple. Beta was created for one reason: to get an understanding on what needs to be fixed prior to a final release being issued. Since the expansion, to my knowledge, hasn't been released yet, it cannot receive a nerf.

I do not see where Ghostcrawler agrees with everyone, but I am not going to waste time wading through 9 pages of content just to debate with someone that previously made it known that he had no intention of carrying on said debate. In his initial post, he states that the "team" does not think ret paladins are suffering from any intensely overwhelming issues in terms of PvE or PvP damage output and that the damage upfront may be a problem that they are taking into consideration. He also goes on to state that some changes will probably occur, but as we all know, probably is not a definite answer.

Also, so you know, I do not play the Beta. I have no intention of playing the beta and I doubt I will ever play World of Warcraft again. I do, however, continue to look up things that are being released about it, just in case something sparks my interest enough to venture back into the game.

There, you got your wish-slash-non-wish. Are you happy or unhappy about getting your way?
The point of insulting me was? It simply makes you look bad and has no effect on me.

All I need to say to those paragraphs is this: Divine storm is no longer holy damage, hot-fixed within 48 hours on LIVE servers.

Thank you.

Bunny
10-16-2008, 06:22 AM
Makes me look bad to who? My millions of fans watching this 'debate' occur? Me insulting you has only one effect one me: it makes me laugh.

How exactly does that one sentence counteract all of my arguments? Since I'm not in game, maybe you can link me some information on this hotfix of yours? Both wowhead and wowwiki show it still doing holy damage. MMO-Champion shows similar results.

Khaotic
10-16-2008, 06:38 AM
Makes me look bad to who? My millions of fans watching this 'debate' occur? Me insulting you has only one effect one me: it makes me laugh.

How exactly does that one sentence counteract all of my arguments? Since I'm not in game, maybe you can link me some information on this hotfix of yours? Both wowhead and wowwiki show it still doing holy damage. MMO-Champion shows similar results.

So.. let me get this right, you're laughing at your own jokes..? Um, okay. :rolleyes2

WotLK Beta (US-English) Forums -> Oh...hey...nice nerf hotfix without warning (http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=11228375253&sid=2000)

There. Now that I've given you proof, twice, that they're nerfed, there is no longer a reason to reply to you in this post unless it's about another matter.

Freya
10-16-2008, 06:44 AM
Oh wow you two. I was just saying it they were slightly OP now. I was OP when TBC came out. They'll fix it :/ Seppuku stop fishing for a fight. Bunny ignore him. Sep... STOP FISHING FOR A FIGHT bunny would eat you.

BACK TO NEW STUFF!

The demon form is cute for locks :3

Khaotic
10-16-2008, 06:55 AM
Oh wow you two. I was just saying it they were slightly OP now. I was OP when TBC came out. They'll fix it :/ Seppuku stop fishing for a fight. Bunny ignore him. Sep... STOP FISHING FOR A FIGHT bunny would eat you.

BACK TO NEW STUFF!

Yes, yes, that always helps end flamewars. Try reading the argument before going all biased and sticking up from what appears to be a friend.

Wait... you, oh dear. That.. one. Hm? I see.

Have fun being wrong and attacking people that were partially defending/agreeing with you.

Freya
10-16-2008, 07:03 AM
I hate bunny wtf xD Please sep, why are you getting so riled up? I wasn't saying like OMG OP NERF THEM THEY SUCK! No I was saying they hit hard. Thanks for trying to defend me. But don't get all angry over little stuff. This isn't the wow forums. If you want to flame go there.

Khaotic
10-16-2008, 07:06 AM
Did you even bother reading what I said? My first comment was just a silly comparison between trucks and damage, he's the one who insulted me first, and continued to do so, willingly, and you randomly come here saying I was the one trying to fight?

Please, look again and read carefully.

Freya
10-16-2008, 07:13 AM
Honey I read it. That's bunny. It's what he does. You shouldn't take too much offense to it.

Khaotic
10-16-2008, 07:22 AM
Honey I read it. That's bunny. It's what he does. You shouldn't take too much offense to it.

Huh? I honestly don't care about him, her, transgender, whatever it may be, it's the comment you made. Plus, I know damn well what kind of person they are, I'm not new here, you know. I also know what kind of person you are, as well.

Was it necessary to say I was "fishing for a fight" twice? Was it necessary to say he/she/it/transgender would "eat me"? You simply stirred up what had ended, I was not planning on replying until I saw your hypocritical reply. I say that because you claimed I was trying to start a fight, and yet you posted in response to me in an inappropriate way.

krissy
10-16-2008, 07:51 AM
I think this is applicable. (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0305224/)

also MMO'S SUCK

theundeadhero
10-18-2008, 10:55 AM
The arguing stops here. I don't want to go back and read through this whole thread to find out exactly whats going on, so this is a blanket all of you stop arguing.

Jowy
10-18-2008, 11:15 AM
G.N.E.R.D Rage!

Misfit
10-18-2008, 11:44 AM

It's so useless. n_n Oh no... I hope Seppuku doesn't try to debate/argue with me for having an opinion!!!11 D:

Anyways, HALLOW'S END AWW JEAH~!

ps: i <3 bunny/lekana~ n_n

oh right, also FUCK YEAH AMBASSADOR TITLE. :3

Madame Adequate
10-18-2008, 01:37 PM
god damnit tuh that was getting good.

Oh well it was still great while it lasted!

Freya
10-18-2008, 10:29 PM
I've been running around exploring to get all the new achievements. It seems I always missed one little section on each of the maps :mad:

McLovin'
10-19-2008, 10:09 PM
I have never seen such pointless things as a gamer. I see people doing achievements and stuff for things that give NOTHING. Why do Molten Core and AQ just for a stupid achievement?

Only the ones that give tabards, mounts or titles are worth getting. -_- srsly

Jowy
10-20-2008, 04:48 AM
This is the most depressing thing you will ever experience.

Misfit
10-20-2008, 06:18 AM
This is the most depressing thing you will ever experience.

DAMN DOLO!