PDA

View Full Version : Either this is true, or a VERY cruel hoax...

Cyric
07-20-2008, 07:21 AM
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/154/remakeyp7.png

Jessweeee♪
07-20-2008, 07:41 AM
Hoax. Notice how all of the images are from Advent Children.

blackmage_nuke
07-20-2008, 08:11 AM
Hoax. Notice how all of the images are from Advent Children.

Bloodline666
07-20-2008, 08:39 AM
More likely to be rumor.

Karellen
07-20-2008, 09:06 AM
I really don't understand why people think that images for the cover art of an unannounced game could just surface like this. Wishful thinking doesn't even begin to describe it.

As noted, all those images are from various Advent Children propaganda, except for the front which is the cover of the Final Fantasy VII Ultimania Omega guide.

Croyles
07-20-2008, 11:53 AM
This is fake and very very old. Sorry...

Tallulah
07-20-2008, 11:56 AM
I'm getting to the stage whether they would just say they are remaking Final Fantasy VII or not! It's getting very annoying! :mad2:

ReloadPsi
07-20-2008, 01:51 PM
Is this Battletoads?

It is neither true nor a cruel hoax. It's a simple Photoshop job designed to fool gullible people. Cruel hoaxes are generally more geared towards the end of fooling people who are not incredibly gullible.

And I'll throw this in for the millionth time: Squenix effectively admitted that, with all the work that went into animating Nanaki, they couldn't be arsed to animate Cait Sith's giant Mog thingamabob for Advent Children, a movie spanning a hundred minutes. That kind of throws the possibility that they'll do it for god knows how long's worth of in-game cutscenes out the window.

See the absolute lack of an announcement of a remake? That means assume they're not until further notice. That tech demo everyone so stubbornly believes to be a trailer came out like three freakin' years ago, do you not think they'd be finished by now?

demondude
07-20-2008, 04:56 PM
You can tell its a fake instantly from the bar code.

Jessweeee♪
07-20-2008, 05:32 PM
Cait Sith and Red XIII don't have to be an issue. If I'm remembering right, they were just in that end cutscene, the rest of the time, they were just in the talky-talky scenes, which probably wouldn't take as much much work.

...but I could be wrong...it's not like I actually know anything about this :spin:

Yar
07-20-2008, 05:39 PM
Wow. If this got you then I really have to watch your posts from now on.

Cyric
07-20-2008, 06:22 PM
It is neither true nor a cruel hoax. It's a simple Photoshop job designed to fool gullible people. Cruel hoaxes are generally more geared towards the end of fooling people who are not incredibly gullible.

And I'll throw this in for the millionth time: Squenix effectively admitted that, with all the work that went into animating Nanaki, they couldn't be arsed to animate Cait Sith's giant Mog thingamabob for Advent Children, a movie spanning a hundred minutes. That kind of throws the possibility that they'll do it for god knows how long's worth of in-game cutscenes out the window.

See the absolute lack of an announcement of a remake? That means assume they're not until further notice. That tech demo everyone so stubbornly believes to be a trailer came out like three freakin' years ago, do you not think they'd be finished by now?

Well, SquareEnix also said that if they ever do a FF7 remake, that it would only include those who worked on the original. Half the original team is working on FFXIII right now. So, no, they wouldn't be finished. I can see them using the FF7-remake as a fall-back if FFXIII doesn't do as well as they hope, and then possibly get all of the FFVII team back together while everybody else starts work on FFXIV.

Also, SE said they do have a major announcement, along with the release date for the AC blu-ray release, for the "fans in attendance" on August 2-3. So, obviously speculation of a remake is building up steam.

Wow. If this got you then I really have to watch your posts from now on.

At what point did I say I believed it? LOL I haven't even played FF7 all the way through yet, I just wanted to see what everybody's reaction would be. (No, I'm not the one who made the pic)

The Crystal
07-20-2008, 07:32 PM
I'm getting to the stage whether they would just say they are remaking Final Fantasy VII or not! It's getting very annoying! :mad2:

PLOP (http://whatifgaming.com/whatifgaming-e3-08-final-fantasy-xiii-sit-down-with-shinji-hashimoto)

WhatIfGaming: Speaking of that, I know that the PR will be pretty pissed that I’m asking this anyways but you and I both know I have to. Even if it doesn’t get an answer, I need to (fist clench gesture)!. Back when PS3 was launching, there was a pruriently impressive demo of Cloud at a subway station and all of that. Since then a lot of people have been asking and hoping for a remake of Final Fantasy VII only for the PlayStation 3. Will there be any announcement at all before the release of Final Fantasy XIII for an exclusive Final Fantasy VII on the PS3?

SH: (laughs) I hate to avoid this question but I will say one thing. We currently know a lot of people are asking for this but we’re already very busy with all of the titles as you mentioned before to be even considering a remake at the moment.

Dreddz
07-20-2008, 09:10 PM
People who make this stuff need to be shot.

Yar
07-21-2008, 03:43 AM
Besides. We all know that the remake is going to Wii. :rolleyes2

Jessweeee♪
07-21-2008, 03:51 AM
Your face needs to be shot.

ReloadPsi
07-21-2008, 11:28 AM
Well, SquareEnix also said that if they ever do a FF7 remake, that it would only include those who worked on the original. [citation needed]

Show me where they said this.

Mirage
07-21-2008, 04:57 PM
what's so cruel about this? it's just a game.

champagne supernova
07-21-2008, 05:32 PM
I remember reading an article on IGN from quite a while back where they said that lots of member's in the Square team would be interested in remaking VII, but that they are currently all tied up.

I got the impression that, no there isn't a remake planned for release in the short term, but they would consider it in the future.

Super Sepiroth
07-21-2008, 07:23 PM
1) The barcode is mainly 0's
2) zoom in a bit and you can tell because its not in any sorta sleive

soo nothin as of yet :(

MushroomZOMBIE
07-21-2008, 09:24 PM
Well, SquareEnix also said that if they ever do a FF7 remake, that it would only include those who worked on the original. [citation needed]

Notice it says "citation needed".

Bolivar
07-21-2008, 09:37 PM
Fun to look at, but obviously fake. It was maybe a year ago that someone made the same cover saying something like "eternal colossus", i have no idea, but they used the same picture.

DMKA
07-22-2008, 05:14 AM
Anyone who thought this was real for even a second needs to get some internets.

Jiro
07-22-2008, 09:40 AM
At least it looks nice. Why would the game talk about the original on the back? And why does it have features? It's obviously not real, but it looks nice :)

EDIT: Ha! Look at the rating. Comic Mischief? What the hell?

Cyric
07-22-2008, 09:12 PM

Not sure if this is the EXACT site I saw it on (I remember seeing the entire story/interview), but it's still a quote...

FFVII Remake Possible If Development Schedules Open Up - Square Union (http://www.squareunion.com/site.php?p=News&c=FFVII+Remake+Possible+If+Development+Schedules+Open+Up&id=102)

ReloadPsi
07-25-2008, 01:37 PM
Notice it says "citation needed".

Inserted by me. Whenever I quote someone making a claim that I want substantiated, I put that in as a sort of sarcastic gesture.

Get some freakin' internets.

Anyways guys, that one quote from one magazine still only relegates the whole concept to speculation. I will still not bother to believe it until they officially announce it, and believe me when they do I will open a topic saying so in flashing 96-point text. I don't care for the compilation whatsoever, I'm more interested in the original and if the DS remakes of FF3 and 4 are anything to go by...

Roto13
07-25-2008, 03:59 PM
Pro tip: Box art doesn't show up before games are announced.