PDA

View Full Version : The Last Guy (PSN)

Nifleheim7
07-20-2008, 04:23 PM
YouTube - The Last Guy Gameplay Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9umbflFsFp0)
YouTube - The Last Guy promotional video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKXcER2YMok)

Anyone else excited about this?:)

Dreddz
07-20-2008, 04:40 PM
Seemed interesting when it was just a bunch of screen shots and a concept but it doesn't look as fun to play. We'll have to wait and see I guess.

Croyles
07-21-2008, 12:52 AM
Saw this a while ago. Doesnt look that fun but interesting concept, and being able to play a Pac-man like game in your 'hood' sounds like a great novelty (that might wear off soon).
Still, if its cheap enough and the gameplay is anywhere near as good as super stardust or pixeljunk monsters (totally different games i know) i will probably get it.

DMKA
07-21-2008, 04:18 AM
I don't really understand what I'm looking at. o___O

Croyles
07-21-2008, 03:30 PM
Its pacman on google earth for the ps3, basicly. Apparently you can choose any location in the world and the games creates all the level spawn points etc etc, or so im told...

Loony BoB
07-21-2008, 05:17 PM
Looks kind of... simple. And a bit boring.

Roto13
08-01-2008, 07:10 AM
That concept is insanely cool, but I don't know how long it'd keep me entertained. I think they'd have to add something really interesting for me to pick it up. But I hope this kind of idea is used in future games!

It gives me an idea for a game that automatically creates the outsides of buildings and stuff for whatever area you choose. Textures could be handled as user created content that's uploaded to a server for everyone to share. :P

I can dream. xP

EDIT AND BUMP: Neat.

どこでもラストガイ (http://lastguy.jp/)

You can create Last Guy levels out of web pages on the LAst Guy website. :P I wonder if you can do it with images from Google Earth. No need to buy the full game. xP

Moon Rabbits
08-01-2008, 09:24 PM
I don't really understand what I'm looking at. o___O

At first I thought it was like, zombie apocalypse ... apparently not. Anyway, it has potential to be awesome to the max, or suck completely, or something...It's title reminds me of the indie game I Want to be the Guy

Ramza Beoulve
08-02-2008, 03:33 AM
It's title reminds me of the indie game I Want to be the GuyAAGGHHHAAA, that game!!! Lalalalala, I'm not hearing!!! *head explotes* [/seriousness]

The game has a lot of potential, and actually looks like fun. I just hope they don't mess with our minds and that they try to focus in making a really great game.

Nifleheim7
08-29-2008, 12:16 PM
*Sorry for the bump but i thought it would be better than making a new thread.*

I downloaded the demo yesterday and i found it brilliant except that it was too easy.I'm pretty sure the actual game will be more challenging.I will probably download the game tonight even though my copy of Soul Calibur IV has just arrived.
Anyone played the actual game?

Roto13
08-29-2008, 04:54 PM
Its pacman on google earth for the ps3, basicly. Apparently you can choose any location in the world and the games creates all the level spawn points etc etc, or so im told...

Why do you lie to me? ._.

Pete for President
08-29-2008, 09:54 PM
Not interested at all.

Croyles
08-29-2008, 11:28 PM

Why do you lie to me? ._.

Sorry ><
Thats really what I heard from several gaming sites and its also what it looked like, but I guess not.
But IGN gave it a 9/10, so apparently its pretty good!

Vivisteiner
08-30-2008, 12:47 AM
OMG, that guy has almost the same name as me. (Sanj Duthu)

Sounds kinda interesting. I might try out the demo in a bit.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
08-30-2008, 01:55 AM
no wonder its on the ps3

Coma
08-30-2008, 02:05 AM
The game is terribly dull. I played it last night on a friends PS3. Its not even like pacman. Heres how it plays.

1) Press X to find green blobs.
2) Stand near blob until it vanishes (signifying you have collected all the people there)
3) Walk back to designated safe zone.
4) Repeat

The entire catch is X is thermal radar, and it doesn't show zombies, so your vulnerable using it, but they're so slow, they pose no threat. I was bored.

Croyles
08-30-2008, 02:07 AM
no wonder its on the ps3

what do you mean?

Nifleheim7
08-30-2008, 10:51 AM
no wonder its on the ps3

what do you mean?

I sense an Xbot!:p

Dreddz
08-30-2008, 02:58 PM
I just got round to playing the demo and I'm not really sure if I like the game or not. Its got a quirky sense of humor which I like but the game is a little too simple. Its really hard to know where to go on the maps unless you hold X the whole time.

That said the music playing during the demo has been stuck in my head since playing it. I may have to hunt down an mp3 of it to stop it from looping constantly in my head.

Croyles
08-30-2008, 05:02 PM
no wonder its on the ps3

what do you mean?

I sense an Xbot!:p

I sense a PS3 Fanboy! :p

Roto13
08-30-2008, 05:11 PM
There needs to be a better name for PS3 fanboys. There's Xbots and Wiitards. Come on.

Croyles
08-30-2008, 05:18 PM
Yeah thats true... Cant think of anything myself though..

Dreddz
08-30-2008, 05:36 PM
I prohibit names such as Xbot and Wiitard. We are not turning this place into somewhere like Gamespot.

Croyles
08-30-2008, 09:53 PM
Trust me, NO ONE wants that.