PDA

View Full Version : Cursedvagrant: That Bastard!

Spawn of Sephiroth
07-21-2008, 12:28 AM
Ok, so in the Pandemonium server, down at Ranparres Tomb, there is a guy named Cursedvagrant. He stands next to the tomb and every night at midnight-1 oclockish, a Spook appears and no matter what I've tried, that guy instantly attacks him before he even completely spawns. So, anyone know what is up with this guy and what the crap can I do to get a shot at attacking this thing.

Del Murder
07-21-2008, 12:55 AM
He is probably a bot (uses a hacking device to auto claim the monster). You can try contacting a GM around the time it spawns and have them look into it.

Ouch!
07-21-2008, 01:29 AM
Before you do this, try using this method to claim Spook. If you can't get it with this, he's almost assuredly cheating (or doing the same thing).

First, clear the area immediately around the tomb of all enemies.
Second, target an enemy on the opposite side of the walls surrounding you. Most of the time you'll find worms. They're annoying because they'll go into the ground making you lose your target. If you can find a goblin in range, they're better.
Third, go through the menus to select with your claiming ability of choice (provoke, dia, poison, whatever it is you're trying to use).
Fourth, face the area where Spook will spawn.
Fifth, when it nears time for Spook to spawn, spam the tab key to cycle through targets. Nothing else should be in range now, so it'll make the ding noise without selecting anything.
Sixth, when Spook spawns, your constant tabbing will select him. Press enter to use whatever claiming ability you have.

You should have Spook. It always worked for me. Alternatively, just have a GM look into the guy. =P

Masamunemaster
07-21-2008, 01:36 AM
I was going to do that, but we were to lazy to sit there the whole time waiting on it to spawn again