PDA

View Full Version : The Sims 3

Shlup
07-21-2008, 03:44 AM
The Sims Resource posted an article with lots of information about The Sims 3. It looks... pretty impressive, but I remain skeptical.

You can read the article here (http://www.thesimsresource.com/article/sims3).

Some highlights:

5) Young adult is the new default age and is changed to represent life between 18 and 30 years.
6) Adult now considered more 'middle age' and includes wrinkles.
27) New timeline dragbar which is specific to a few interactions. This lets you control how long a Sim spends on certain tasks like sleeping, fishing etc…
34) Brush teeth is back - Gives a "minty breath" moodlet.
40) Hair includes 4 layers: Roots, Base, Tips, Highlights. You can choose any color to apply to these 4 layers and can be saved as a preset.
41) Eye color by any RGB (freeform color pallet) and can also be saved as a preset.
45) Change voice and even pitch so thousands of unique vocal sounds. You will be able to recognise by sound which Sim is talking!
52) Young Adult and up have 5 traits, Teen have 4 traits, Kids have 3 traits, Toddler has 2 traits.
62) Free placement of objects allows you to put things exactly where you want them.
70) Multiple decorative items on 1 surface (as long as they don't overlap).
75) Can move the house to a bigger Lot (upgrade as funds allow)

Yar
07-21-2008, 03:48 AM
I like the readjustment of "young adult." Now my parents won't be like 3 days older than their children when you make them in the beginning. :rolleyes2

Jessweeee♪
07-21-2008, 03:49 AM
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

I'm more interested in the movie, though. WHY HAS THERE BEEN NO NEWS SINCE 2007? ;_;

Shlup
07-21-2008, 03:55 AM
BECAUSE YOU'RE THE ONLY ONE INTERESTED IN THE MOVIE. IN THE ENTIRE WORLD.

Jessweeee♪
07-21-2008, 05:11 AM
....BUT IT COULD BE THE COOLEST THING IN THE UNIVERSE!!!!!

Germ Hamee
07-21-2008, 05:25 AM
I WANT TO SEE THE MOVIE TOO STFU.

lawl these tweaks sound like they'll be for the better. I'm still not sure what I think of the whole... playing an entire neighborhood thing. Just because I don't understand it.

Shiny
07-22-2008, 03:10 AM
I will enjoy giving feminine women extremely deep voices and burly men extremely high ones.

http://www.thesimsresource.com/images/articles/S3smPlayground.jpg
xD

Rye
07-22-2008, 03:21 AM
I'm still working on getting a computer to play 2, and a 3rd is coming out? I will never be on top of the Sims scene!

Shlup
07-22-2008, 03:47 PM
The Sims 2 will last a long time anyway; The Sims 1 is still pretty active.

And The Sims 3, if I'm not mistaken, won't require a much better computer than The Sims 2. You should be fine.

Jessweeee♪
07-23-2008, 08:05 AM
OMG I bought my copy of The Sims 2 as soon as it was released, and then I couldn't play it until a year and a half ago xD

qwertysaur
07-23-2008, 08:35 AM
Yay!

Flying Mullet
07-23-2008, 12:57 PM
I'm always amazed in the irony that people will sit in front of a computer worrying about taking a shower and making dinner more for their in-game avatar than for themselves.

Jessweeee♪
07-24-2008, 07:18 PM
I'm always amazed in the irony that people will sit in front of a computer worrying about taking a shower and making dinner more for their in-game avatar than for themselves.

No, no, no! You use cheats so you can worry more about doing the fun stuff than the normal real life stuff!

My sims never waste time sleeping. Ever O_O

Yar
07-24-2008, 07:26 PM
Al, do you know some good sites in the Sims community? I searched but it's overwhelming. :x_x:

Dr. Acula
07-28-2008, 10:15 AM
I think Sims 2 will do me fine for now. I think it's getting a little too lifelike for my tastes. I might as well make a sim of myself and make her do everything I do.

I do like how you can change voice pitches though. I will have much fun with that.

scrumpleberry
07-28-2008, 11:18 AM
Looking forward to this.
I am a sims 2 downloads h0r. I've got thousands xD

Yeah, the sims 2 still offers a variety of fun sutff, I don't think it's going anywhere anytime soon - although I haven't bothered buying an expansion or stuff pack since Pets, seeing as this is on the horizon...

Freya
07-28-2008, 11:25 AM
They better let me have more than 8 sims on one lot. How can hilarity ensue if i can only have half the people I want -.-

Tabris
07-28-2008, 11:37 AM
I am really looking forward to this, it's looks great! I feel a bit sad too, though, as I will miss Sims 2.

Caraliz
07-28-2008, 04:53 PM
lol wtf. I might play the sims 3 just to make people and then not do anything with them.

Roto13
07-28-2008, 05:34 PM
I am currently downloading The Sims 2. If I can get it working, I'll buy it. xP Try before you buy with PC games.

The only Sims games I've played have been console releases, so they were very limited with customization. Still good for people like me who had crappy ass computers at the time. :P (I gotta say, though, I've considered building a real life version of my edit of Clubb Rubb from Bustin' Out.)

Rye
08-02-2008, 02:46 AM
I just ordered my new laptop, which has 4 GB RAM and a 128 MB NVIDIA geoforce card that I payed extra for. If Sims 2 (or Sims 3) doesn't work on this laptop, after all of these years of wanting to play it, then I call shenanigans. >;O

Jessweeee♪
08-02-2008, 03:00 AM
O:

Good luck, Rye!

Formalhaut
08-02-2008, 03:25 AM
I love the sims, I hope I get it for PS3, oh wait, what consoles have they announced??

Tabris
08-02-2008, 10:41 AM
They haven't announced any console versions of it yet, as it is mainly a PC-game. There might be console games in addition, though, although they are usually never as good as the main game.

Jessweeee♪
08-02-2008, 11:17 AM
I love the sims, I hope I get it for PS3, oh wait, what consoles have they announced??

None, yet :p

Personally, I don't really like the console versions S:

You can only follow some kind of story in the handheld ones that I've played, and free modes are EXTREMELY limited in the console versions. Not to mention there are insanely long loading times S:

Dr. Acula
08-04-2008, 02:21 AM
I don't really like the console versions either. The PC version is sooo much better, IMO.

Plus, on the PC you can download stuff. (Not that I'm allowed to, mind...)

Roto13
08-04-2008, 02:26 AM
I actually liked Bustin' Out more than the PC Sims 1. xP

Madame Adequate
08-04-2008, 02:22 PM
11) No Loading when changing Lots or families, as the simulator is running for all Sims, all the time.

Hmmm... does this mean that if I play a family for three generations, and then go back to a different family, they will have actually aged and gone through generations of their own? That'd be swell.

54) Mean Spirited trait Sims will be happier the more enemies they have.

Hahaha awesome, I love it!

57) Green bars: Influenced by moodlets and needs. Now only have 4 icons for needs: Bed, Toilet, Entertainment, Food.

Hmmm, so I guess stuff like hygeine comes into moodlets? Thank fuck there's no more social need. Everything else I was fine with, but I hate social.

Build & Buy

Pretty much everything in that sublist makes me happy.

Overall yeah, this sounds pretty sweet. It really seems like they're working on things to make the whole game better, especially in terms of how Sims act, and in terms of building and designing lots.

But however great The Sims becomes, it's never going to be SimCity. :p Well, it's better than Societies ;o but not the REAL SimCity game. Anyway, at some point, it'd be cool to have some hybrid where you can build at the city scale but zoom in to any family in the city for Sims-style gameplay. Or what about normal SimCity, but lots are uploaded from people playing The Sims, so you get lots of housing variety and such? That'd be neat.

Shlup
08-05-2008, 01:35 AM
Hmmm... does this mean that if I play a family for three generations, and then go back to a different family, they will have actually aged and gone through generations of their own? That'd be swell.
Yeah, they said other lives will progress even if you don't play them.

I hate the social need too. Or, at least, I think it went down way too fast.

All I really really want is more organization tools. I want to be able to edit custom content in-game, make Maxis-made objects I never use invisible, delete things without leaving orphan recolors/meshes. My Downloads folder needs some love.