PDA

View Full Version : Ultimecia is Kool

Lawr
07-21-2008, 06:03 AM
Why does Ultimecia have a K in words she says that actually should have a C?

For example: She says "Kurse all SeeDs" and "Swarming like lokusts akross generations. You disgust me."

I hear she's Russian and can control the Shagohod.

Avarice-ness
07-21-2008, 06:13 AM

For example: She says "Kurse all SeeDs" and "Swarming like lokusts akross generations. You disgust me."

It's suppose to hint at an accent developed or even a deteriorating language over the generations.

Lawr
07-21-2008, 06:28 AM
Oh, OK that makes sense.

So no Shagohod? (http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/mgs3_sub/es/mgs/pic/chara/shagohod.jpg)

The Crystal
07-21-2008, 06:36 AM

For the same reason Aerith says "This guy are sick" instead of "This guy is sick".

And I agree... Ultimecia is cool.

blackmage_nuke
07-21-2008, 06:46 AM
Maybe she is pronouncing it correctly and were the ones who are doing it wrong

MushroomZOMBIE
07-21-2008, 07:01 AM
Or that she didn't properly learn the alphabet.

Yar
07-21-2008, 07:18 AM
Besides, the letter "c" is overrated anyway. It can't do anything that can be done by a "k" or an "s"... :rolleyes2

MushroomZOMBIE
07-21-2008, 08:57 AM
So is the letter "x".
So it'd be A-B-S instead of ABC. XD

And about the "This guy are sick"...
That's the dialogue person who doesn't know "proper grammer." :P

blackmage_nuke
07-21-2008, 09:49 AM
Besides, the letter "c" is overrated anyway. It can't do anything that can be done by a "k" or an "s"... :rolleyes2

chocolate

MushroomZOMBIE
07-21-2008, 10:08 AM
Shcokolate. ;)

Cleric
07-21-2008, 01:32 PM
Maybe she went tot he Kool-a schule??

MushroomZOMBIE
07-21-2008, 02:10 PM
Imagine Ulti with a German accent.
Would be kick-arse...

pyrefly maiden
08-04-2008, 07:13 AM
I thought it was cos she had a fish bone stuck at the back of her throat and she was perpetually trying to get it out.

Bolivar
08-04-2008, 11:51 PM
Evil people like using K's instead of C's.

Jessweeee♪
08-05-2008, 02:47 AM
That's how they talk in Futureland~

PuPu
08-05-2008, 03:27 AM
She only uses k in c's that have a k sound to it. That's why her name isn't "Ultimekia."

Lawr
08-05-2008, 03:39 AM
To YOU maybe! :jokey:

Yuffie514
11-03-2008, 04:53 AM
I am not sure of it, but I always thought she was somewhat inspired by the lead witch in Hocus Pocus...

rubah
11-03-2008, 05:48 AM

good luck using ch then!

Goldenboko
11-03-2008, 12:35 PM
Ultimecia likes to be a trend setter baby. She killed everyone who refused to follow the trend, which in this case, was everyone :D

It's suppose to hint at an accent developed or even a deteriorating language over the generations.

Pretty sure the original Japanese version didn't have anything like our c->k thing, I'm pretty sure it was a translation mistake.

NeoTifa
11-03-2008, 05:00 PM
good luck using ch then!

Ч

MJN SEIFER
11-03-2008, 08:46 PM
[quote=Sagensyg;2534914]

For the same reason Aerith says "This guy are sick" instead of "This guy is sick".

That would imply the K/C thing is a translation error, I really don't think it is. It happens far too often for it to be an error, and it doesn't happen on any other game
- so it can't be like L/R (something that happens in quite a few Japanese games)

So for whatever reason, I strongly believe that the K thing was done dliberetly. I'm not sure why but I think it was to imply she had an accent of some sort.

Vinhsynd
11-04-2008, 03:37 AM
Ultimekia has had griever junktioned for so long she's forgotten how to spell!

Jack
11-18-2008, 11:46 PM
Because she's Polish.

Iceglow
11-19-2008, 01:26 AM
Because she's Polish.

I'll second this, it's indicative of eastern european accents, I especially notice it in the place I live, after all I live with 6 polish people!

Cleric
11-19-2008, 02:23 AM
She hails from Polandia to Kirse them SEEDs

Zeromus_X
11-19-2008, 04:04 AM

I always just assumed this.

Prisonic Fairytale
12-02-2008, 04:56 AM

Interesting.

blackmage_nuke
12-02-2008, 11:08 AM
It's a hidden message. C and K what does that make up? CK, Ultemecia wants to be a cid's knight, and because we didnt let her she decided to destroy the world. Shame on you eoff.

Prisonic Fairytale
12-02-2008, 04:56 PM
It's a hidden message. C and K what does that make up? CK, Ultemecia wants to be a cid's knight, and because we didnt let her she decided to destroy the world. Shame on you eoff.

http://flabbergastedly.com/wp-content/uploads/chat%20billeder%202/oh%20you.jpg

Depression Moon
12-02-2008, 09:56 PM
I think it's because she's so powerful in the future that banished the letter C.

Roogle
12-04-2008, 09:23 PM
I got the impression from the short dialogue with Ultimecia is that she comes from many generations far into the future and speaks with a coarse accent that sounds harsh to the common language spoken in the course of Final Fantasy VIII.

Serapy
12-04-2008, 09:26 PM
Because she's Polish.

I'll second this, it's indicative of eastern european accents, I especially notice it in the place I live, after all I live with 6 polish people!

Wrong. Ultimecia was Greek, so was Artemisia.

champagne supernova
12-06-2008, 03:56 PM
Sorry, how can Ultimeci be Greek when there is no mention made of any country called Greece in the game? However, maybe you think she looks Greek. Based on the general appearance of Greek women, I would have to disagree on that one as well. She most certainly doesn't speak Greek (unless you have a Greek copy of VIII). How can you let free this thought upon the internet, where an unwary individual may actually stumble upon it and believe it is true?

Anyway, she can't be Polish. She's definitely from Bosnia-Herzegovina :p

Serapy
12-06-2008, 07:09 PM
Sorry, how can Ultimeci be Greek when there is no mention made of any country called Greece in the game?

We have argued about this a lot in one of my A=U threads and yet you have forgotten ... ?

FF8 is based on fantasy. It contains a lot of things from real life and spice them up to attract players, so the comparisons are not exactly the same. Therefore, adding a real image of Greece place to the game wouldn`t make sense.

However, maybe you think she looks Greek. Based on the general appearance of Greek women, I would have to disagree on that one as well.

No. If I believe her to be Greek just because of her appearance, then that would contradict my A=U theory.

She most certainly doesn't speak Greek (unless you have a Greek copy of VIII).

Why would she speak Greek when the English version of FF8 only targetted English speakers? There`s no reason for Uli to speak Greek in the English version as it could confuse players.
The images and everything else matter the most, not dialogues. Every single image remain the same in other versions of FF8, but not dialogues.

How can you let free this thought upon the internet, where an unwary individual may actually stumble upon it and believe it is true?

Are you implying that FF8 is straightforward?

champagne supernova
12-06-2008, 08:33 PM
YOU say that Ultimecia is Artemisia. Nobody at Squaresoft has ever implied, insinuated, or (most importantly) announced this fact.

So, how can the nationality of Ultimecia be determined by an unconfirmed opinion (and in mine, and what would be appear the majority of FFVIII players, an unfounded one as well) that you yourself created?

So she doesn't look Greek, she doesn't speak Greek, she doesn't speak English with a Greek accent - but you are still going to tell me that Ultimecia is Greek?

Cleric
12-06-2008, 08:41 PM
Actually Supernova, I can agree with you on the Bosnia-Herzegovina thing. I always thought that lol

Iceglow
12-06-2008, 11:02 PM
It's merely another Serapy statement Supernova, ignore him seriously he's so conceited and convinced he is always right that we will never convince him otherwise I just hope that his obsession with this game ends soon not just for our sakes, but because if he is this obsessed over a game what the hell would he be like if he ever got a girlfriend or boyfriend...god I hate to think! Serapy you know if you exhibited this much obsession over something or someone other than this game, I am very sure you'd have been locked away either inside of a prison or a mental hospital long before now.

Also Serapy we have all disproved your theories or offered logical explanation when you can only offer convulted and illogical arguments and statements without and this is the sinker on your theories convincing evidence or back ground work. Your arguments that my own explanations do not offer enough convincing evidence or support is irrelevant because at the end of the day my responses to you have been based on logic and people can read my statements and see where I am comming from without me having to hold their hands to make them see what I think. This is why when it comes down to it I will say the opposite of your eternal demanding question of me which is why do I think ffviii is so straight forwards and simple and I'm going to ask you to explain clearly why you believe ffviii is so convulted and obscure that only and I mean only you can understand it when an entire forum based around FF games thinks you're clearly derranged in the head and dismisses your theories with a groan and rolling eyes.

Oh and Supernova...Bosnia-Herzegovina...eastern block you're merely nit-picking :P

Psychotic
12-07-2008, 05:18 PM
Let's not get personal here, folks! Attack the argument, not the person behind it. :choc2:

Rocket Edge
12-07-2008, 05:34 PM
Ultimekia has had griever junktioned for so long she's forgotten how to spell!
This is obviously the answer.

Stormie BluJay
12-07-2008, 05:51 PM

They like K's, they have accents, and they wear German uniforms.

(Eddie Izzard for people who don't know.)

Cleric
12-07-2008, 06:06 PM

They like K's, they have accents, and they wear German uniforms.

(Eddie Izzard for people who don't know.)

This is definitely the answer because Eddie Izzard is the best. Who would have thought that so many people would have so many good theories as to why Ultimecia has a crazy accent lol.