PDA

View Full Version : Bebe Names

Rye
07-21-2008, 05:12 PM
Do you have any names in mind that you'd like to name your child/children one day? :jess:

If I have a daughter, she'll be named Emberlynn Corvina~ <3

I don't remember any others that I like because I'm dizzy with hunger. 20 minutes until my lunch break, hurryyyyy!

Momiji
07-21-2008, 05:15 PM
Ooh, fancy name, Ryechu!

I'd pick something more basic. I've always liked Alice as a girl's name. For a boy... I'm not sure!

Jojee
07-21-2008, 05:16 PM
Like Neo, I <3 the name Skye.

Gosh, I had a list of names I liked the other day because I was thinking of alternate online aliases. I forgot most of them though. xD

Suki is really cute name, but it sounds so Japanese. Aurora is pretty~

Rase
07-21-2008, 05:17 PM
Son: Kevin*, after my uncle who died of AIDS ten years ago.
Daughter: Nichole*, just because.

* Names are subject to input/change from significant other.

Momiji
07-21-2008, 05:19 PM
Suki is really cute name, but it sounds so Japanese.

I would name lots of Japanese names because they're so endearing, but unfortunately they wouldn't work-- I'm not Asian after all. xD

Jojee
07-21-2008, 05:22 PM
Yeah, it would just be wrong if she were neither Japanese or in Japan :( As much as I like the name.

Bahamut2000X
07-21-2008, 05:22 PM
I don't plan to ever have kids. But if for some inane reason I managed to spawn something, it would be named Matt Beucler XII. There's no II-XI, but people don't need to know that. I like to make it seem like a longer lasting name line then it really is.

Rye
07-21-2008, 05:25 PM
I'm always quite endeared to the name Sierra May. I'm very picky with how first and middle names fit. One half has to balance the other. If one is kind of "hard" sounding, like Sierra, has to be balanced with something soft like May. Something to frilly like "Corvina" has to be balanced with something more simple like Emberlynn.

:jess:

capricious
07-21-2008, 05:26 PM
Yeah, I like Suki too. I think naming my kids Suki would make me feel like I'm Japanese obsessed. ^^; Even though I'm asian..
I'd call mine..:
Richard, Tristam, Lazk
Or Daisy, Gardenia.... *forgot the rest*

rubah
07-21-2008, 05:26 PM
I like Rachel Lynn for a little girl. I've always thought Rachel was a pretty name. I know I love Benjamin for a little boy.

I also like the idea of giving a person a useful, if mundane first name, and then an exotic and powerful middle name as a secret name, if they wish to keep it as such.

also, psh, japanese people take english names. You name your kid whatever you want!

Sergeant Hartman
07-21-2008, 05:27 PM
Roy.

Shlup
07-21-2008, 05:29 PM
Momma Rye is cruel.

Avarice-ness
07-21-2008, 05:31 PM
My baby's going to be named Merrina Michelle~ (And it's not like Marina. It's Mer-rina with an emphasis on the MER sound.) Both my dad and brother in law were like "Isn't that a place to keep boats?!" until I explained that they keep saying it "Mah-rina" instead of "Mer-rina"I think the only shortened nickname I've managed to get out of it is Rina. xD
My sisters named Michelle and she's done -a lot- for me in my life (basically became my mother) and then did a lot for my husband and me when he came to live with us. Her husband was the one who recruited him, so we felt it was only right that her middle name be Michelle.

Other than that, I think the only girl names we liked to some extent were like Chloe (except then she'd have a cousin named Zoe), Ava (but that was thrown out due to increasing popularity), Lily or Lilian (but that got beat out by Merrina) and that was about it.

We spent like 5 minutes looking at boy names, 'cept I was convinced she was a girl, but... yeah we couldn't think of any good boy names, and we had a book of 100,000+ baby names infront of us. :D

If we have another girl, she'll prolly be named Lily or Lilian.

Aerith's Knight
07-21-2008, 05:35 PM
I have a name in mind for my daughter.

Alisa Sarah or Alisa Sophie

Ouch!
07-21-2008, 05:41 PM
I used to really, really like Reilly. Then I decided that my son (I WILL BE HAVING A SON) will have the middle name Raphael. It's become something of a Miller family tradition to use keep the middle name of the father. I'd like to see it through to the next generation. That said, I absolutely abhor alliteration and would never stand for a Reilly Raphael.

That said, William is always a good name. It's my grandfather's name, but he goes by Bill and I'd totally call the runt Will instead.

Regarding the possibility of a daughter, I'm unsure. I suppose in both cases I'm willing to wait and see if the mother has any particular desire to name our spawn something in particular. As long as I have a male to name _____ Raphael Miller, I'm good.

Randgris
07-21-2008, 05:43 PM
All my 'kids' names will start with a 'J'

Also, I'll drop my dad's name and use my mom's maiden name instead. :greenie:

mooglebunni608
07-21-2008, 05:46 PM
If it's a boy, I want something demonic. If it's a girl I want something so cute people will look at her and cry.
If they're twins either way, the names need to rhyme.
>D

Jojee
07-21-2008, 05:50 PM
Oh yes, I like the name Sierra too. ^_^

And it'd take all my willpower not to name my kid after a fruit. xD I just think fruits are so cute....

Cz
07-21-2008, 06:04 PM
I want to name my son Judas, but only if I'm famous enough to get away with it. Otherwise my child will need protecting from the stinging insults of their peers, so it'll have to be something boring and ordinary. :(

Avarice-ness
07-21-2008, 06:06 PM
I want to name my son Judas, but only if I'm famous enough to get away with it. Otherwise my child will need protecting from the stinging insults of their peers, so it'll have to be something boring and ordinary. :(

Both my husband I decided that we would -never- name our child something boring and ordinary, or something that's massively popular.

~*~Celes~*~
07-21-2008, 06:32 PM
He says he wants good, strong, British names for all our kids, but I'm more of the "Terra Lynn" and "Jacob Alexander" variety. I'm sure we'll compromise*:)

I just realized TLB would be Terra's initials...she's a backwards BLT :(

*Compromise meaning I get my way of course~ :p Just kidding. I actually like the idea of British names for my kids, just that I want some other ones too.

Rye
07-21-2008, 06:37 PM
Momma Rye is cruel.

Oh Shlupppp! Emberlynn and Sierra aren't even that weird of names. They're pretty. I'd love a name like that as opposed to a bland over-used name like... Jessica. D:

Man, you should see the names that Hux likes though. He likes freaking Ticonderoga and Remember The Alamo and CRAZY stuff! THAT'S cruel. ;;

Ouch!
07-21-2008, 06:40 PM
Frank Zappa named one of his daughters Moon Unit.

A Most Loved Man
07-21-2008, 07:15 PM
I'm gonna name my daughter 'Slut' just in case she becomes one! :laugh:

A Most Loved Slut... has a nice ring to it :cool:

Vyk
07-21-2008, 07:20 PM
If I ever had a child I would torture the poor thing simply by naming them

Hey! Goaway! Come here, Goaway!

Child name: Goaway :]

Or SCOTT! ...But its pronounced Paul. That'll make the little guy's school years fun :}

I have a few more but people are probably going to hate me xD

Peegee
07-21-2008, 07:35 PM
I haven't cared about baby names since I was probably 10 years old and wanted to name my first boy 'Christopher' after my then best friend who moved to PA.

It's largely arbitrary at this point, and also I'm likely sure that any girl who would dare let me impregnate her would've figured these details out already.

...then again...

oh man I'm screwed. Help!

Lawr
07-21-2008, 07:38 PM
Reginald Quel'Danas fon Blitzbane Gregarious of The Bagles IV

Freya
07-21-2008, 08:04 PM
I like L names, hence Lekana.

I like Lawrence and Leonardo, just cause I like the nick name Leon.

For girl I like Leighanne and Lesley. But like Ouch! Lyn has been the middle name for like at least one child, my middle name is lyn my dads middle name is lynn ect ect.

Again the alliteration is o.o

Lawr
07-21-2008, 08:11 PM

Lawrence is my name! Sorry, gotta use another one. :bigsmile:

But seriously, I'm obsessed with L names, it's subconscious tough, I don't try to think of only all L names.

After a while, I thought of a cool girl name: Saffrine.

OK maybe not so cool, but I think she can be my little girl and we can be nerds together.

Rye
07-21-2008, 08:12 PM
I really like O names. My second favorite name is Ophelia.

Madame Adequate
07-21-2008, 08:14 PM
Tichonderoga. Tichonderoga Hieronymous Hobbes.

Rye
07-21-2008, 08:18 PM
Tichonderoga. Tichonderoga Hieronymous Hobbes.

May as well name your kid Remember The Androgynous Alamo Hobbes. Lord amercy. >:'[

Jojee
07-21-2008, 08:27 PM
I like more K names and A names ^.^ And maybe S.

Freya
07-21-2008, 08:30 PM
I like more K names and A names ^.^ And maybe S.

OHHHH so that's why you like me ;)

MushroomZOMBIE
07-21-2008, 08:47 PM
Daughter: Eden
Son: Aiden

They rhyme, lol
I'd rather take on my mom's maiden name, too. I hate my paternal last name. :(

Vyk
07-21-2008, 09:10 PM

Lawrence is my name! Sorry, gotta use another one. :bigsmile:

But seriously, I'm obsessed with L names, it's subconscious tough, I don't try to think of only all L names.

After a while, I thought of a cool girl name: Saffrine.

OK maybe not so cool, but I think she can be my little girl and we can be nerds together.

Saffron (I think) is a plant in China and the name of a really awesome character in FireFly~

Cookie
07-21-2008, 09:15 PM
Tank.

Nobody fucks with Tank on the playground.

Avarice-ness
07-21-2008, 09:17 PM
I like the name Meridian too, then I could have Merrina and Meridian!

I like M names.

Zeldy
07-21-2008, 09:26 PM
All these really exotic and unique names are nice and everything, but names like that are so un-common and at the end of the day, it's the child that has to live with that name. I'll call them "boy" or "girl" until their old enough and then ask them what they want their names to be.

My parents made the decision to give me a name that can't be abbreviated or shortened at all, and I bloody hate it, I have no nicknames!

Me and my friends were on about this today, strangely enough, but on how girls called names like Naomi and Ashlyn (over here) tend to be plastic and all trendy, and lads called Bradley are always naughty :p

Avarice-ness
07-21-2008, 09:32 PM
All these really exotic and unique names are nice and everything, but names like that are so un-common and at the end of the day, it's the child that has to live with that name.

I always had like 3 Ashley's in my classes from Kinder to 12th, personally, it sucks more when you're having to be called Ashley *last initial* because there's to many of your name.

Either way, the nicks for Merrina are Meri (like Merry) and Rina. I've called her my little Rina enough to figure that I'll prolly just continue to call her Rina and never Meri.

Peegee
07-21-2008, 09:59 PM
You know what this thread's going to do right?

People will start naming their kids after the most obscure names, thus making those names popular. Then it'll flip flop every 2000 years.

Jerks.

:D

MushroomZOMBIE
07-21-2008, 10:05 PM
T_T

Dynast-Kid
07-21-2008, 10:10 PM
Oooh yes! My kids are gonna have the coolest names at school! They're all gonna be adopted too! I want to have my own little rainbow of bbz! :bigsmile:

You can rename orphaned babies, right? I'm gonna assume you can! xD

First off, my oldest son would have to be name after me. I'm named after my father, so this little guy has to carry on the tradition of being "Larry David ___" :)

Then, my other sons could have cool, unique names, such as...

- Ramon Isaac ___
- Omar Mikhail ___
- Liam Alistair ___

My girls have to have gorgeous, exotic names that roll off the tongue. Like...

- Genovecia Noelle ___
- Priyanka Odette ___
- Solange Nicole ___

My kids are gonna be so cool. :jess:

Levian
07-21-2008, 10:13 PM
Either Lord Jabu-Jabu or Skull-Kid. or Deku Stick if it's a girl.

Freya
07-21-2008, 10:16 PM

I love you :kaoclove:

Vermachtnis
Jack and Alice. Or Seven.

Arc_Master_14
Id give em all passable videogame names like Marth or Roy maybe Sora lol For a girl umm havent thought that far... Maybe umm

Levian
07-21-2008, 10:20 PM

I love you :kaoclove:

Cool. Let's go make a Leon.

Akaria
07-21-2008, 10:26 PM
Tank.

Nobody smurfs with Tank on the playground.
I actually have a friend named Tank. She's...Eccentric xD

Xander
07-21-2008, 10:38 PM
Aurora is pretty~

I have a penguin in my animal crossing town called Aurora :D

And I don't know. I want pet rats instead!

Shattered Dreamer
07-21-2008, 10:53 PM
I'd love to call my kids some cool obscure names but they'd probably hate me for it when they grow up after years of torture from other children!

So.. Boys name: Noel after my Dad
Girls name: Alexandra because its a beautiful name

Jess
07-21-2008, 10:58 PM
The name Skye for a girl. I've loved that name for years. It's so pretty! I don't even know about other names for girls, because I just love the name Skye.

For boys, I like names beginning with J: Jamie, Jase/Jason, Jake/Jacob.
but I would also be inclined to name my sons after my brother and dad which are named Kyle and Sean. hmmmm. :jess:

rubah
07-21-2008, 11:55 PM
Who would consider giving their kid two middle names? I only know like three people with two middle names. (one of them is my cousin "Jordan" who never goes by her first name xD)

Rye
07-22-2008, 12:02 AM
I think it's a European thing. A lot of British guys I know have two middle names. Huxley's birth name had two middle names.

Denmark
07-22-2008, 12:18 AM

needs moar desu

Maybe Aruba as a name? (I'm just looking at a list of countries and looking for a good one)

Jess
07-22-2008, 12:38 AM
It may be a European thing. I know TONS of people with 2 or more middle names. My brother and I only have one, though. :jess:

Balzac
07-22-2008, 01:17 AM
I'm going to call my kid Albus Serverus.

Also, I have 2 middle names.

Shoeberto
07-22-2008, 02:44 AM
A guy I know has three. I forget the explanation but at least one of them was a catholic thing.

daggertrepe
07-22-2008, 02:49 AM
For a girl, I adore the name Natalie. Probably because of the Killers song. I also love Brittany, Beatrix, Julia, Lily, Lilia, Adrienne, Jacqueline, or Karina. I used to like Megan and Sierra but not so much anymore.

For a boy, I am absolutely naming my first boy David. That is the most beautiful name for a man, in my opinion. I also love Eric, Nathan, Benjamin, Jason, and Tyler.

I'll having to keep adding on until I remember them all...

The Summoner of Leviathan
07-22-2008, 03:20 AM
Despite the fact that it has a horrible associations, I love the name Lucifer. It has such a pretty meaning. I'd most likely, if I adopt or w/e, give a boy that as a middle name (spare some of the suffering).

For those of you who are not in the know, Lucifer is the Latin word for the "Morning Star" (aka Venus seen in the morning sky) and literally means "bringer of light".

Bunny
07-22-2008, 03:25 AM
Sebastian Kane and Isabella Josephine. If a third monstrosity is conceived, it will be given the name Alexander Crouse or Sara(h) Louise.

SammieBabe
07-22-2008, 08:40 AM
The two children I have in existence already are Nicholas Edward and Lukas Gunnar. Nick is named after my great-grandfathers. My ex-hubbie picked out Lukas's name. Had it been up to me, he would have been Alexander Michael. But at least I have that name if I have anymore. I also like the name Miranda for a girl..:)

Caraliz
07-22-2008, 08:53 AM
I like biblical names strangely enough. Elijah is beautiful. So is Judas but I wouldn't torture my kid like that.

For a girl, Cecelia or maybe I'd make her a Liz Jr. ;)

Jiro
07-22-2008, 09:02 AM
Sebastian Kane and Isabella Josephine. If a third monstrosity is conceived, it will be given the name Alexander Crouse or Sara(h) Louise.

Name her Saira Louise. That's my girlfriend's name, it's much better without the "h" :)

Nominus Experse
07-22-2008, 09:05 AM
Financial Catastrophe sounds like a good name to me

Yar
07-22-2008, 09:49 AM
Kids? No, thank you.

Selfish little bastards, crying and crapping all over themselves all the time like they're trying to be some damn kind of senior citizen.

In the unlikely event of a child being created by me, I'll want them to have reverse gender or unisex names.
Names for boys would be like: Ashley, Kelly, or Martha (okay, maybe not that last one)
Girls: Joey, Travis, Chris (this could be short for Christina).

Jiro
07-22-2008, 10:21 AM
I know guys named Ashley and Kelly and Kym :D
Not all at once, three different guys :)

Blue Harvest
07-22-2008, 10:51 AM
Boys: Liam or Dante. Girls: Rachel or Amy.

Jiro
07-22-2008, 11:13 AM
I should probably mention my name choice(s). For now, all I have decided is to name my daughter Samantha Michelle. :)

Momiji
07-22-2008, 03:58 PM

needs moar desu

So you're saying to name her Suiseiseki?

Only if she has a red right eye and a green left eye, though.

daggertrepe
07-22-2008, 04:26 PM
Oh, upon looking at these names, I found that I also like Liam.

Everyone likes Rachel! That's my name. I hate it because everyone has it.

blackmage_nuke
07-22-2008, 04:52 PM
Evan, not too common and not too uncommon. And all the Evans Ive met in my life so far have been pretty cool people. That or Sam.

I dunno about girl names

Breine
07-22-2008, 07:53 PM
Uuh, I had a whole list once with names I like, but I can't find it. I'll just have to type the ones I remember:

Girl: Vala, Liv, Kamille, Sif, Isabella, Varla, Nia, Ingeborg, Marina etc.

Boy: Johannes, William, Bjarke, Asbjørn, Kåre, Gustav, Valdemar, Isak, Sander, Bastian, Elias, August etc.

Lawr
07-23-2008, 10:01 AM

needs moar desu

So you're saying to name her Suiseiseki?

Only if she has a red right eye and a green left eye, though.

Name the kid Samehada.

Shark skin.