PDA

View Full Version : HELP please

Saber
07-22-2008, 12:55 AM
okay I'm playing Final Fantasy VI with the eyesonff walkthrough. I need the walkthrough cause when I played without one I missed some summons and characters. Anyways I'm stuck on the Phoenix Cave where group 1 is at a dead end and group two has to jump across some stones. I don't know where the stones are or how you get them to show up. Any help would be nice. I'll keep on adding questions if I run into anything else during the game.

Wolf Kanno
07-22-2008, 01:27 AM
There are two possibilities:

1) Group 1 missed a switch to make the blocks appear for group 2 to cross the lava or...

2) Group 2 missed a switch to get group 1 pass the dead end and allow them to get to the switch that clears group 2's path.

I would need to know more about where group 1 is to figure out which...

Flying Mullet
07-22-2008, 01:28 AM
That's a hard cave to explain how to get through as two parties are involved. I do remember that one party has to hit a switch which either makes stones appear or rearranges stones so that the party on the upper level can use them to jump across the valley that the stones are in to the other side.

Saber
07-22-2008, 04:17 AM
I'm gonna try to restart the level with the walkthrough and make sure I read it right. here's where I got stuck at in the walkthrough if it helps to show where I am.

Phoenix Cave
Party: 2 groups with 4 members each
Chests: Wing Edge, Warp Stone, Ribbon, Dragon Horn
BOSS: Red Dragon (**DRAGON #2**)
Have your first group (G1) enter the cave and step on the switch.
Now switch to your other group (G2) and have them enter the path that
opened. At the top of the stairs go left and try to get the chest.
You'll fall down a level. Go south and up the stairs. Step on the
switch and get the chest. Go east past the stairs and down to a switch
Change to G1 and enter the passage that opens when G2 stepped on the
switch. Step on the switch that you come to as you go north. Switch
back to G2 and go north past where the spikes were, and then right unti
l
you come to another switch. Step on it and switch back to G1 again.
The chest is empty but go down and you should find a hidden room thru
the wall containing a chest with a warp stone in it. After you get it
return to where you were and go down the stairs. Go left and
step on the switch (the chest is empty). Now turn around and go the
opposite way. Keep going past the chest (this one's empty too).
When you come to a dead end switch to G2. Go left, past the spikes,
and down the stairs. Go right onto the bridge and jump across on the
little stones.

07-22-2008, 04:24 AM
I haven't played the game recently enough to know where you are by your walkthrough, but this may help-- I was once stuck in the phoenix cave for hours trying to figure out how to get past one part. I finally figured it out: because of the resolution on my tv, the switch didn't stand out very well from the floor it was on and I walked past it dozens of times without realizing it was even there. It was in a room with lava and I was trying to find the switch to move a wall. Anyway, maybe you just need to look really carefully at the floor or adjust your resolution to find what you're looking for.

Saber
07-23-2008, 07:40 AM
I'm well past the Phoenix Cave and am ready to get crusader. I have two missing characters slots and some espers slots empty too. I'm playing it on the PS1 is it me or is it impossible to find the rest of the stuff?

Flying Mullet
07-23-2008, 12:48 PM
The two empty slots for espers are supposed to be there: One slot remains empty so you can always unequip an esper if you need to and the second spot is from when you "upgrade" Odin to Raiden. Odin takes one spot in the list and when you upgrade to Raiden it takes another spot in the list, blanking out Odin's spot in the list.

As far as characters go, there are 14 total characters to be found.

Just remember that empty slots don't necessarily mean that something's missing.