PDA

View Full Version : Melodic Problem! Asisstance Please!

dragontamer
07-22-2008, 09:16 PM
Hiya.:D I've been trying to write a song for some time now, some of you may even remember the other post i made, simelar to this, about a year back *CoughShadowvalantine117Cough*
- since i havnt been online in almost so long!
I also didn't know what topic this would go in - writers corner or music, so i'm taking a wild guess at music. Sorry if i'm wrong!:choc2::choc2:
Anyway, last time i posted this kind of thread, i wanted some help with both music and lyrics, which is a bit dificult to get right when someone doesnt know your ideas too well! Since then (it has been a year), i'v written the lyrics. Since i don't know how i canwrite the notation values, its a bit hard to get the tune, but the general beat in the verses is 6/8, with pauses between most 8th notes. I'll put commas where the pauses are! So basicaly, would someone please help me write music for this piece?! All that i really want is a piano piece with a soft, regular drumbeat. If someone wants to add another instrument into the mix, i'm open to suggestions! the same goes for the lyrics - if you think that another word or line would fit beter, feel free to PM me, but please talk to me about it first! So, here is my song!

do you, remember, me? Left in the sha-dows, baby
can, you see, my face? can you, see, behind, the eyes you knew so well? Stormy eyes, a life of lies, oh--, thats- me---.
{CHORUS}
My own one, my dear one, my one in a mill-ion-
My loved one, my lost one, I say--, why're you so far away? Na na no no, na na no, why're you so far away? na na no no, na na no, Lis'tn for lost lullabies.
Why do, memories fade? Why do, memories fade, so easily? Score years from now, will, you know, my name? Will you,,b'able, t'recal, my voice? Silent heart, to hide the scars, oh--, thats- me---
{CHORUS}
I pray, Won't yo stay with me? Won't you stay with me? Ha-rk, lost lullabies.
Why, does it al-ways seem, whate-ver we do, hap-i-ness, descends. Through all of this, the pain re-mains. A tortured soul, for truthes untold, oh-, thats- me--.
{CHORUS}
I cry, My-lost-lullaby. My, lost, lullaby. Hedd my lost lullaby.
(this bit is then sung in the backround, prefrebly to a small piano solo. simelar to african call and retern music, a backing singer will sing what is in the brackets, then the main singer will sing what isn't. I guess i should have said that this if for female voice, high alto or low soprano)
(My loved one) i miss you (My lost one) i cherish you, My one, and my, only- Those forgotten, thoes who've, left, me behind(staco last note). Never dis-re-gard, (always memorize) What-, you, did to me.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and thank you very much if you decide to help me!:love::heart::love: