PDA

View Full Version : Road Rage

Freya
07-25-2008, 03:42 AM
Since I've been driving my manual VW Beattle instead of my automatic Blazer i've developed road rage. I yell at people cause I hate to down shift to much when going around corners cause I'm lazy. People who drive automatics are all jerks. That's now my conclusion.

Do you have road rage? Do you share my resentment people driving automatics?

Rye
07-25-2008, 03:50 AM
I got into the biggest road rage fit today because:

1) I got stuck in hot traffic for over an hour.

2) When I got close to my exit, and I tried to switch lanes, NO ONE would let me by to get to my exit. Literally, I tried over a dozen times, and everyone was being so rude. And I'm not one of those a-holes who switch lanes without signaling either. That infuriated me because I consider myself a courteous driver, and I let people pass me to get to their exit unless I literally have no space to let them go, which was not the case here. I had my windows open and I was cursing my head off, so I guess someone finally heard me and let me pass.

I love to drive, but driving 40 miles a day between going to work and back really sucks the fun out of it sometimes.

Also, I love automatic. I refuse to ever set foot in the drivers seat of a manual car. All I know about manuals is they have scary gears and you have to do things with your feet to shift them, which makes me picture people losing their feet to these gears, like young kids did during the Industrial Revolution to big machines, blood gushing all onto the car carpet and leather interior, which would never come out.

I'd much prefer an easy ride with automatic. Why make things difficult? xD

Momiji
07-25-2008, 03:53 AM
I have a nasty case of road rage, but pretty much everyone with a brain in Indiana has one, because there are WAY too many goddamn stupid drivers who don't know what the hell they're doing. In most cases they have a cell phone glued to their head or they're text messaging. While driving. You are guaranteed to be cut off by people doing either of those here.

Freya
07-25-2008, 03:57 AM
Also, I love automatic. I refuse to ever set foot in the drivers seat of a manual car. All I know about manuals is they have scary gears and you have to do things with your feet to shift them, which makes me picture people losing their feet to these gears, like young kids did during the Industrial Revolution to big machines, blood gushing all onto the car carpet and leather interior, which would never come out.

I'd much prefer an easy ride with automatic. Why make things difficult? xD

Omg that part made me laugh so hard xD

2) When I got close to my exit, and I tried to switch lanes, NO ONE would let me by. That infuriated me because I consider myself a courteous driver, and I let people pass me to get to their exit unless I literally have no space to let them go, which was not the case here. I had my windows open and I was cursing my head off, so I guess someone finally heard me and let me pass.

Oh same thing with me. I hated my high school parking lot, I'd always let people through and no one was ever nice enough to do the same. I can't say anything about more traffic really than that since I live in a small town.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
07-25-2008, 04:14 AM
Some people take road rage too far.

Don't honk your horn at someone if the light has been green for .5 seconds and they haven't moved yet.

Miriel
07-25-2008, 06:09 AM
I'm pretty sure every person who drives in LA has road rage. I mean, how could you not?

I have crazy road rage.

Dolentrean
07-25-2008, 06:51 AM
I do get road rage, but only when someone blatantly wrongs me in some way. As is my nature, the rants that I go off on, while filled with profanities are normally highly creative and quite amusing to anyone in who is listening to me. I have recently started saying “I am going to kick your fucking ass with my car.” It amuses me and makes me feel better.

Proxy
07-25-2008, 07:43 AM
i can get RR. Sometimes I'm all "Rawar" cause of stupidity. But...I dunno if I'd call it rage.

Jess
07-27-2008, 03:43 PM
Yes. I have road rage. People are often surprised when they get in my car because I'm usually so laid back.

I love driving. I hate stupid/dangerous drivers and often find myself swearing at them, whether they can hear me/see me or not.
1) People who do not indicate. :mad2: ughughugh.
2) People who refuse to move over into the fast lane when you're coming onto an A road or motorway via the slip road, causing you to have to slam on your brakes.
3) People who don't understand that on roundabouts you GIVE WAY TO THE RIGHT, not just go whenever you feel like it.
4) People who cut you up on roundabouts

bdpobejrpogjerpeggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH :jess: