PDA

View Full Version : Which of these three theoretical next-gen mmorpg's would you play?

Dragonsoul
07-25-2008, 11:30 AM
I'm thinking of three partially theoretical next-gen mmorpg's that are coming out in the future, and which one of them you would like to play the most. Here's info on these titles, not completely confirmed yet...

1. "Rapture", 2011 or 2012, Square Enix has the Final Fantasy XI team working on another mmorpg right now, code named rapture, and I think this game will use that trademark Final Fantasy Haeresis XIII that we don't know what it means yet. I'd buy this game the day it came out, and play it more than any other mmorpg, but I'm not sure if I'm interested in mmorpg's yet.

2. World of Starcraft, 2011 or 2012, Blizzard is working on a new mmorpg and it's not related to Warcraft. I don't think they are making another new franchise so it would be related to Diablo or Starcraft. Diablo is too similar to Warcraft so I don't think they'll do that yet. I think they'll make a Starcraft game. I have very high interest in this game also.

3. The Elder Scrolls V, 2012 or 2013, Bethesda is working on Fallout 3 right now but after this they will probably make The Elder Scrolls V. This could be a mmorpg and people are thinking it could become one. I got very high interest in this game right now also.

I'm most interested in Rapture/Final Fantasy Haeresis XIII right now, and would play that the most. Then I'm next most interested in World of Starcraft and then The Elder Scrolls V. I don't know of any other upcoming mmorpg's I have interest in. As far as current mmorpg's I like Final Fantasy XI and I'm interested in trying World of Warcraft. But I need to research mmorpg's more. I've been playing too much Final Fantasy and Japanese rpg's in recent years. Now I'm trying to add more Western rpg's and rpg's aimed for an older audience with more mature themes. I also want to think about taking another step after this, going more hardcore, which would trying a mmorpg, and if I like that maybe I'll take the next step, playing a pen&paper/tabletop rpg like Dungeons & Dragons. :)

Please vote on the poll and post your comments! :choc2:!!!

Magixion
07-25-2008, 04:37 PM
That is a tough one. Final Fantasy Haeresis/Rapture sounds like it would be very good, but also, I am a huge Starcraft fan. I think as far as MMO's go though, an FF would be the better option.

Bolivar
07-25-2008, 05:54 PM
Definately FF, I was thinking about getting XI since the ps2-harddrive update for the ps3 was released but I just don't have the time. Maybe a new one I would consider, though.

DrDeath in Despair
07-25-2008, 06:04 PM
Elder Scrolls 5; becuase I hope that they don't mess it up, just like they did with Oblivion.

Bahamut2000X
07-25-2008, 08:03 PM
None.

Most MMO's I've played have sucked to date and have too little substance/players to really get a good game running.

Of them FFXI and WoW were the only ones to interest me (that didn't die horribly yet that is). And looking at that list of MMO's I hardly want to play any of them.

Another WoW knock off? If I wanted easy I would just pop in my Game Shark on my offline gamnes and save myself the trouble.

Another SE MMO? I'm still annoyed at the abuse I received from the devs when I played FFXI.

Although of everything Rapture might peak my interest just because FFXI had more going for it then most MMO's I found. Though if it does end up being another spin off of FFXIII then I swear to god and everything that is holy and evil I will personally burn down SE for trying to tap that game for all it's worth before it even came out.

Bolivar
07-25-2008, 08:28 PM
Although of everything Rapture might peak my interest just because FFXI had more going for it then most MMO's I found.

Plus I would think that they've learned alot for the second time around, which would be good to start something new rather than update an already existing system.

Dragonsoul
07-25-2008, 11:08 PM
Excellent! Rapture/Final Fantasy Haeresis XIII would probably be announced first. It would be getting a true announcement in early August at the Square Enix event. The other two games will have to wait.

Hehe, later today I might install a demo of World of Warcraft, see how it is, I never played it. I plan on just demoing maybe 10 hours of it.

Eve Online is currently the dominant Sci-Fi mmorpg I believe, World of Starcraft could take over that slot. I wish Front Mission Online came out in Usa though. I like The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion a lot, it reminds me of The Lord of the Rings!

Of these three rpg's, which would be most popular in Usa? Probably World of Starcraft. In Japan Rapture/Final Fantasy Haeresis XIII. The Elder Scrolls V would be extremely popular also.

Gargh! I thought of another mmorpg that could be huge in the future. Bioware is making a Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic mmorpg, and it'll probably compete directly with these games, and come out at the same time. What is your thoughts on it? :choc2:?!~

Cyric
07-26-2008, 06:34 AM
Eve Online is currently the dominant Sci-Fi mmorpg I believe, World of Starcraft could take over that slot.

HAH! Now there's wishful thinking...TBH, a WoS game would have a LOT of work ahead of them if they ever want to even THINK about over-taking EVE-Online.

Here are 4 reasons why EVE will last a LONG time:
1) Virtually ANYBODY with an internet connection can play it (even Dial-Up users) because of the minimal traffic between Client and Server.
2) textures that were rendered on 2,000,000-polygon models, HDR+Bloom lighting (with the Trinity Premium Graphics)
3) The biggie yet to come either by the end of 2008, or first part of 2009: Ambulation...aka Walking In Stations. The EVE Fanfest 2008 is supposed to be setting up a playable Demo of it. The date of the fanfest conflicts with my bro's wedding so I can't go.
4) There are even plans of extending the immersion of the gameplay into atmospheric flight with the planets, and then eventually colonization of planets. Basically, it'll be a life outside of your real-life.

Simply put, EVE-Online will only ever grow. I actually think the FireFly MMO will have a better chance at de-throning EVE.

Dragonsoul
07-26-2008, 07:01 AM
Is Eve Online currently the second most popular mmorpg in Usa? This sounds great, please buy me the game?

Okay, I like The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion a lot, what is a mmorpg that is EXTREMELY SIMILAR to this game! Just tell me which one and I may buy it! Guild Wars? I want info please! :choc2:!!!

Jowy
07-26-2008, 01:15 PM
I've heard EVE Online has a very detailed zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

What, I'm awake now!

Madame Adequate
07-26-2008, 03:04 PM
If you can get into it, if it turns out to be your thing, EVE Online is not only the best MMO ever but one of the best games ever.

If you're like me and you can't, it's not so hot.

Laddy
07-26-2008, 04:19 PM
Guild Wars and LOTRO are the only things are really care about. I just picked us Dungeon Runners and I'm loving it, though.

Dragonsoul
07-26-2008, 07:42 PM
I've heard EVE Online has a very detailed zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

What, I'm awake now!

I have no idea what is happening right now.
I check out computers right now.

Markus. D
07-27-2008, 04:14 AM
Guild Wars 2... I've done it all in GW 1 xD (clocked far more than 1000 hours too...)

Dungeon Runners is hillarious ... but on a gameplay standpoint it's pretty Meh... Dungeon Crawling was fun in DII and Dungeon Seige.

I'm really looking forward to Atlantica Online.

Currently playing GW and Granado Espada.

Cyric
07-27-2008, 04:17 AM
Well, if you want to see the Empyrean Age (newest expansion) trailers...EVE Online | Downloads | Videos (http://myeve.eve-online.com/download/videos/)

Just a heads-up...this game has a steep learning curve, which means the Tutorial (and it is VERY thorough as Jowy implied) is a MUST for anybody new. Luckily, CCP has reduced the difficulty of many of the Level 1 (easiest) Missions to help alleviate the learning curve, but it's quite simple to learn if you know how it operates. It's a sandbox-type game, meaning you can be whatever you choose to be. The skill-training is a stroke of genius though, you don't have to stay logged-in to train skills. Set a skill to train that takes 1 hour to complete, log out and do something else, log back in an hour later, and it'll be finished training.

Oh yeah, and downloading the Client is free, and there is a 14-day Trial you can use to determine whether you want to play the game or not. The cheapest subscription is 12-months which works out to about $US12.50 per month.

Dragonsoul
07-27-2008, 04:18 AM
August 2nd-3rd is a Square Enix event. I want Final Fantasy Haeresis XIII revealed! It's been two years since FF XIII was announced, we need info and more gameplay! :)