PDA

View Full Version : The beach.

Zeldy
07-25-2008, 08:33 PM
Do you like the beach? Do you live near a beach? are the beaches near you nice? When was the last time you went?

--

I went to the beach today, as the British weather has been quite Summer-like the last few days! So me and some friends went to Southport, the beach is very British-like, as in it's not that nice, with it's brown and mucky sand with loads of rubbish, and the sea is a good 2 hour walk away, but a beach all the same :jess:

We bought a ball and played piggy-in-the-middle, which I am reallyyy rubbish at as I'm quite small, so people just throw it over me and I can't reach xD I got a little bit sun-burnt ^_^ We made some sand castles but then found some that were better, so we pretended they were ours and then destroyed them.

Then it rained, as in proper lashing it down and we were running from shop to shop. It was thunder and lightning too as it'd been insanely humid.

I haaate the beach though, I hate how sand got everywhere xD we did have a sand-fight though, which will explain how I got it down my shorts and everything!

~*~Celes~*~
07-25-2008, 08:57 PM
I haven't been to the beach in years, but I do remember really enjoying it there, except for when I found dead catfish washed ashore :( One brushed against my leg in the water when I was swimming! :cry:

Bunny
07-25-2008, 09:00 PM
I hate the beach.

Sergeant Hartman
07-25-2008, 09:01 PM
I doubt there's one decent beach in all of Wales.

Zeldy
07-25-2008, 09:15 PM

Saundersfoot beach in Tenby, South Wales is a gorgeous beach. I went there on holiday like 6 million times.

Sergeant Hartman
07-25-2008, 09:23 PM

Saundersfoot beach in Tenby, South Wales is a gorgeous beach. I went there on holiday like 6 million times.
bugger, I forgot about Tenby.

Miriel
07-25-2008, 09:28 PM
The beach is my friend.

Tama2
07-25-2008, 10:29 PM
I hate the beach.

It gives me rashes. >:E

Balzac
07-25-2008, 10:34 PM
Tenby is too nice to be part of Wales.

I live very near Morecambe bay. It's http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif.

Peegee
07-25-2008, 10:39 PM
I wish I trusted the world enough and had satellite wifi so I could work at the beach.

Other than that, I just hope that Ashley wants to go when I have free time. I'm always happy to go to the beach.

Last time I lost my 300$ glasses there!

Rye
07-25-2008, 10:46 PM
I adore the beach, but I haven't gone in years because I'm far too insecure to set foot on one.

Kes
07-26-2008, 12:00 AM
I hate the sand but love water, so I love half the beach. Haven't been to one in ages though.

Caraliz
07-26-2008, 12:23 AM
I love the beach when there are no people. So when it's stormy and gray or when it's just a nice day with no people 'cause something else is going on. Having a beach to yourself & your friends is so much fun. And I love swimming in the waves and the water. There are some nice beaches in Michigan, not so much in Illinois. Not that I know of much in Vermont or New Hampshire as I haven't lived here very long.

Iceglow
07-26-2008, 12:32 AM
I haven't been to a beach in a few years now (except a brief visit to the one in Swansea when I went to visit Jack but it was Raining and so we only went about 20 - 30 feet out on to it), too much going on work wise for me to get the time to do anything nice like that. Hopefully in September if the weather is still good over here (long term weather predictions indicate it should be) then I'll be headed down Newquay or Weymouth Beach. I'd love to go Looe and Polpero but can't find a hotel near there. Worst beach in the UK I've been on is probably Caisters just north of great yarmouth, it's unfortunately positioned near where the ancient ice age glacier which formed the north sea (I remember my geography) meandered. This means the sand there is of similar quality as builders sharp sand in places or very fine and fly-away like there was Sand Dunes there last time I went and I was constantly getting stones when I eventually made it to the beach cutting my feet open.

Clouded Sky
07-26-2008, 12:48 AM
I clicked on this thread solely for pictures of bikini-clad Zeldy.

None.:(

Heath
07-26-2008, 01:03 AM

I don't know how you can even say that when Wales has Rhyl. How dare you, sir? Have you no shame? How dare you?

Incidentally, I always got quite bored by the beach and would just read. I'm not one for sunbathing so I'd just get sand everywhere or get fairly bored.

D.Knight
07-26-2008, 06:47 AM
I hate the beach. Always getting burned. And the sand is so ANNOYING.

Agrias
07-26-2008, 07:04 AM
I'd LOVE the beach if i felt more comfortable in a bikini :S
Otherwise i really love it. I never get burned, and people are always like "YEA WELL PEOPLE SAY THAT AND THEN THE ONE DAY THEY DONT PUT ANY SUNSCREEN ON THEY GET BURNED" To you i say, stfu. n00b.

I have greek skin, that means its thick and its extremely hard for me to tan, even in the hottest weather. And when i say i never burn, I NEVER BURN!

There are alot of good beaches in canada. You just have to catch them on a sunny day, which has been everyday recently. :D

The Shoeless Hobo
07-26-2008, 07:32 AM
Is there actually sand on English beaches? Or is it just pebbles?

Anyway, beaches are awesome! I have many close by. :)

Blue Harvest
07-26-2008, 10:33 AM
Last time I went to the beach was 1999. And even then all I did was write my name in the sand before running back to the hotel.

CloudDragon
07-26-2008, 11:50 AM
I love the beach. I'm still a little upset that I didn't get to the beach this year. This is probably the first year since I was like 2 or 3 that I haven't seen or been to the beach. It's kind of sad.

Breine
07-26-2008, 01:21 PM
I like going to the beach. There's a really good one only about 30 minutes away from where I live, so that's nice. There are beaches all over Denmark (and they're almost always pretty good) since the country is almost exclusively surrounded by the ocean.

I haven't been to a beach this summer, though, mainly because the weather hasn't been that good (up until now that is). But meh, I'll survive.

Zeldy
07-26-2008, 01:38 PM
Is there actually sand on English beaches? Or is it just pebbles?

There's alot of pebbles, shells and junk amongst the mucky sand :p.

Randgris
07-26-2008, 04:03 PM
I wish I had the money to go to Puerto Galera, Puerto Prinsesa or Boracay. Dang.

Sergeant Hartman
07-26-2008, 05:00 PM

I don't know how you can even say that when Wales has Rhyl. How dare you, sir? Have you no shame? How dare you?
Rhyl lol, there's dragons and stuff up there.

Psychotic
07-26-2008, 08:20 PM
Is there actually sand on English beaches? Or is it just pebbles?There's dark coloured wet goop that sticks to your shoes. That's probably sand. I sure hope it's sand, given the alternatives.

France has some of the nicest beaches in the world. Yeah, I complimented France. Please don't mock me, I feel dirty enough as it is.

qwertysaur
07-26-2008, 08:23 PM
Spanish Beaches are amazing. Also Caribbean beaches are beautiful. :p

Quindiana Jones
07-26-2008, 09:19 PM
South France beach = yum yum. 42C in the air, 27C in the sea. And it felt deliciously freezing. :)

Rantz
07-27-2008, 12:02 AM
The beaches here are great. I dislike sand beaches but there are several beaches here consisting of stair-shaped layers of flat rock. It's optimal for all purposes.

ASCII cross-section:

______
##### |------------------------
##### |_______ (water)
# (rocks) ### |________
###################### |_______

Rikku_Yuffie_girl
07-27-2008, 01:57 AM
I hate the Beach. =[

Arc_Master_14
07-27-2008, 02:00 AM
I live in near San Francisco the best beach has 40 degree waters and are foggy over half the year. I love the beaches near LA though.

Yar
07-27-2008, 02:24 AM
I go to the beach when I go to Cedar Point, and since Wicked Twister and Magnum are on sand we can techincally call that the beach. ;)

Other than that, I hate beaches. Cigarette butts and whatnot in the sand. :( People, please don't ruin the earth with your dirty, lazy habits.

Rianoa
07-28-2008, 06:04 PM
I havnt been in ages i should be going this year with a loada friends it'll probably be p****ng it down knowing my luck. But if its raining im not bothered rain cool and means i dont have to buy any beach clothes :rolleyes2. I think the last time i went was when i was 12 :eek:. Which means i havn't been in years even though im close to three beaches i just never seem to do so :tongue:. I love going though when its with friends family its just blah and i probably havnt been with them since i was 8 so yeh. Pushing people into the water and having water fights and just messing about is ace cant wait to go again. :D

smittenkitten
07-28-2008, 06:16 PM
Haven't been to a beach in about 2 years or more. :( I so long for a holiday so I can lay on the beach and get a tan... if possible. :cool:

Jess
07-29-2008, 04:17 PM
I don't like getting sand inbetween my toes. :(

and jellyfish :(

Polaris
07-29-2008, 10:29 PM
I love going to he beach I live 5 minutes from a beach so I spend a lot time there ^^" Also I live in Portugal so we have the best beaches here ^^"