PDA

View Full Version : Sweden @ 19?

GrandTheftSteve
07-25-2008, 11:49 PM
I fancy moving to sweden when im 19.
[im 17 now]
Im doing Hairdressing in College [I live in the U.K]
Do you think its a wise idea!?
I mean Sweden is becoming a fashion capital so it could be quite easy to find a job =]

Zeldy
07-25-2008, 11:51 PM
Financially, will you be able to afford moving, accommodation, travel and expenses? what if there aren't any jobs?

I say go for it though :jess:

Peegee
07-25-2008, 11:52 PM
Sweden is an excellent place to live. I am quite jealous of you now.

GrandTheftSteve
07-25-2008, 11:52 PM
Yeh thats my worry Im gonna start saving when i go back to college
EMA
ETC

But i might be able to get grants to help me out.
Gonna be scary though!!:eek:

Rantz
07-26-2008, 01:00 AM
You're welcome! :)

I think the hairdresser market is quite saturated in Sweden already, but I'm not sure about that, and Swedes have long been attracted to that which is not Swedish. That might be your opening. Maybe even adopt a French accent and open up a place called Ze 'air Palace and the populace will flock around you.

Quindiana Jones
07-26-2008, 10:39 AM
Maybe even adopt a French accent and open up a place called Ze 'air Palace and the populace will flock around you.

Like Thomas.

Sweden? Fashion capital? Madness! Have you seen Rantzien's clothes? Why do you think he goes around naked all the time?

Levian
07-26-2008, 04:42 PM
I don't know about Sweden, but if it's anything like Norway there's a market there as I always get ugly haircuts here.

Jess
07-26-2008, 05:08 PM
It's nice to broaden your horizons, move to a different country and get a ton of new experiences, learn a new language and meet different types of people.

I'd suggest looking into jobs and such before you go anywhere. It would suck to go, find no jobs and have to move back/struggle. :jess:

crono_logical
07-26-2008, 07:07 PM
Can you speak Swedish? :p You might want to memorise Caramelldansen along with the dance before going there :p