PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy VII Remake Will Be Announced In August

Comet
07-26-2008, 09:27 PM
The Final Fantasy Info [Rumor] « PlayStation LifeStyle (http://playstationlifestyle.net/2008/07/22/the-final-fantasy-info/)

I don't know if this is true but PSLS has not been wrong in the past.

Yar
07-26-2008, 09:32 PM
a) This is a rumor, so using "will" is a bit erroneous.

b) This article's been discussed. (http://forums.eyesonff.com/2536056-post73.html)

c) It never said remake. It said spin-off game.

Comet
07-26-2008, 09:34 PM
a) This is a rumor, so using "will" is a bit erroneous.

b) This article's been discussed. (http://forums.eyesonff.com/2536056-post73.html)

c) It never said remake. It said spin-off game.

'Something else which will be coming to the PS3 is the original FF7 which will be on the PlayStation Network by the end of the year.'

Read a bit more clearer, smartass.

Rase
07-26-2008, 09:36 PM
No where in that article does the author mention a a remake. He mentions the possibility of some sort of spin-off (surprise) for the PS3, and the original PS1 game coming to PSN (rumor has been going around that it'll be heading to XBLA also).

Yar
07-26-2008, 09:42 PM
'Something else which will be coming to the PS3 is the original FF7 which will be on the PlayStation Network by the end of the year.'

Read a bit more clearer, smartass.

Before you consider flaming me, why don't you read a bit more clearer. The original coming to the PSN doesn't sound like much of a remake, more like a re-release. While that sound a bit more plausible, this is still labeled as "rumor."

Raebus
07-27-2008, 12:18 AM
Sigh

Leeza
07-27-2008, 01:45 AM
I would like you all to post without snipping at each other.

bdon333
07-27-2008, 05:32 AM
it says a spin off for ps3 and the original to be downloadable on playstation network...no remake in that article

Momiji
07-27-2008, 06:55 AM
(Insert indifferent comment here about Square-Enix making spinoffs and rereleases to make money on it because they know it will sell.)

Roc Thul
07-27-2008, 08:05 AM
Here are some corrections to those rumors, from the same site:

Update on FFVII Rumor (http://playstationlifestyle.net/2008/07/23/update-on-recent-psls-articles-ffvii-and-new-exclusive/)

And here's an update on that one^

Update Final Fantasy Info (http://playstationlifestyle.net/2008/07/23/update-final-info/)

Hazzard
07-27-2008, 10:47 AM
inb4threadlock

This post was not necessary. ~ Leeza

Mirage
07-27-2008, 01:06 PM
in after threadlock.

oh wait

This post was not necessary. ~ Leeza

Egami
07-27-2008, 02:12 PM
So, if they are correct, it is just another spin-off. SE is supposed to be too busy now for a remake but they still have time to make spin-offs that, as far as I know, almost nobody is interested in. Why not just use the time and resources on a remake of VII, something that people actually want, instead of another spin-off?

Sigh...there goes SE again, doing everything they can to ruin VII.

Dreddz
07-27-2008, 02:30 PM
That article was iffy once they said FFVII would go to XBL. Don't get your hopes up.

Bolivar
07-27-2008, 09:46 PM
Well what we know for sure is that it's an announcement of FFVII that will shock the crowd, it will put the ball back in Sony's court after the XIII announcement, and it's likely a PS3 exclusive.

I'd rather see a remake than a sequel/spinoff, like the site suggests, but as long as it's good, it's cool with me.

The Crystal
07-28-2008, 12:15 AM
So, if they are correct, it is just another spin-off. SE is supposed to be too busy now for a remake but they still have time to make spin-offs that, as far as I know, almost nobody is interested in. Why not just use the time and resources on a remake of VII, something that people actually want, instead of another spin-off?

You cannot be serious.

Do you know how many people bought CC? Or how many bought AC?
A lot of people want spin-offs. If this wasn't true, no one would be buying them, and S-E would have already stoped making the games.

And I still don't understand how another spin-off can be considered something shocking. Everybody knew it would come, sooner or later.

Dolentrean
07-28-2008, 12:41 AM

You cannot be serious.

A lot of people want spin-offs. If this wasn't true, no one would be buying them, and S-E would have already stoped making the games.

And I still don't understand how another spin-off can be considered something shocking. Everybody knew it would come, sooner or later.

I agree and disagree. I do think that most of the spin offs are in fact taking away from the FFVII universe, with the exception of CC I would rather SE left VII be. But they have sold well, and made SE a butt load of money. But that is off topic.

I think that at this point the most likely scenario is a port of the original to online markets. That would work for me. Sure, I would like a remake eventually, but I still vastly enjoy the original.

Unstoppable Pig
07-28-2008, 08:31 AM
But we will always have original FFVII and we don´t have to consider any of these spinoff/sequels as canon. I don´t consider Dirge of Cerberus or Advent Children as any kind of real sequel because they are so away from atmosphere of FF7.

They need to make remake that somehow gives a hint of sequels, original VII is meant to be stand alone story so everything just then suddenly happens in sequels without any good ties.

Actually two remakes are needed. One is ps3 remake and other would be only a port to PSP with a dungeon and better translation just like GBa- remakes. PS3 needs would Resident Evil style remake where even the story is little different. I mean it would cool if Aeris would die later or earlier just to shock players and plotlines like Cloud and Rufus are brothers.

Dolentrean
07-28-2008, 09:27 AM
I mean it would cool if Aeris would die later or earlier just to shock players and plotlines like Cloud and Rufus are brothers.

...ummm... Wha... huh?

ReloadPsi
07-28-2008, 11:54 AM
Why oh why would they already make known what they're going to announce? That kind of defeats the point of the announcement.

If they really are making a remake I'll be happy; for one thing people will stop posting ridiculous rumour threads; instead they'll all be wondering what Cloud's gay bath scene will look like and whether or not Squenix will make Cait Sith ride on Red XIII like in the AC flashback. And for another thing, we'll instead get to read a load of annoying threads where people bitch and argue about whether it's the best idea.

Wait, I think we lose either way.

As for whether people want spinoffs or remakes: yes and no. Remember the mixed reactions to the three Star Wars prequels? Some fans liked them, others refuse to even regard them as canon. It's the same with FFVII, and now Squenix are in a situation where either decision (make spinoffs, don't make spinoffs) will alienate one camp of fans. While they're at it they may as well confirm which love interest Cloud liked, and piss off those who think the other way. They've already pissed off the people who hate the spinoffs, what more harm could they possible do?

Unstoppable Pig
07-28-2008, 02:03 PM
I mean it would cool if Aeris would die later or earlier just to shock players and plotlines like Cloud and Rufus are brothers.

...ummm... Wha... huh?

Come on CloudRufurs bros. would be more than possible, I mean big daddy Shinra must have lived in Nibelheim since he has a mansion there.
He may have surveillanced construction of reactor and then one night he is at the bar and beatiful and horny Cloud mama and next morning they wake up on a same bed with a great hangover.

Oh yes back to thread, even though the remake itself is a great thing but making it more exciting by better adding more story. No change except when Aeris gets whacked. I mean everybody waits that scene but she wouldn´t be killed and then later she would meet mr.death at icy mountains or then to shock players she would die earlier before she dies in the original.

Egami
07-28-2008, 02:10 PM
No change except when Aeris gets whacked. I mean everybody waits that scene but she wouldn´t be killed and then later she would meet mr.death at icy mountains or then to shock players she would die earlier before she dies in the original.

That would be fun but personally I wouldn't want them to mess around with the story. If anything, what they could do is add a few cutscenes before she dies in order to give her more screentime and make the bond between her and the player and the other characters even stronger. For instance, Red XIII says that she used to poke him on the nose, presenting something like that would be good.

Goldenboko
07-28-2008, 04:42 PM

You cannot be serious.

There's a difference between no one really wanting something and people buying something. I bought FFXII Revent Wings without any knowledge of what it was just seeing the "FFXII" convinced me to buy it (Propaganda made me buy it~) it turned out to be a nice surprise. They're doing the same type of thing with FFVII's spinoffs. Because they know fans will buy the game as long as it has "FFVII" next to the name, whether the fan wants it as much as a remake doesn't factor in at all really :o

Mongotha
07-28-2008, 06:57 PM
I would rather them do a remake than another spin-off. I am of the opinion that all of the spin-offs have been of sub-par quality and seeing more of those wouldn't suit me. As far as a remake goes, I think the story should be the same, but I would like to see way more side quests with some of them giving more back story. Additional content downloads would be great as well. I think Square-Enix would be wise to not include voice acting. Playing through the original I made the voices myself in my head and I think a lot of fans would be alienated by different voices. They could use the disk real estate that they don't use for voice acting to better improve the graphics. Obviously they would need to redesign the menu system so that it has more organization and perhaps doing something different with the level advancement system to allow more customization. A battle system more like XII's would be a good addition, as random encounters have become overused and outdated. There you have it, my $0.02.

Yar
07-28-2008, 07:06 PM
I would rather them do a remake than another spin-off. I am of the opinion that all of the spin-offs have been of sub-par quality and seeing more of those wouldn't suit me. As far as a remake goes, I think the story should be the same, but I would like to see way more side quests with some of them giving more back story. Additional content downloads would be great as well. I think Square-Enix would be wise to not include voice acting. Playing through the original I made the voices myself in my head and I think a lot of fans would be alienated by different voices. They could use the disk real estate that they don't use for voice acting to better improve the graphics. Obviously they would need to redesign the menu system so that it has more organization and perhaps doing something different with the level advancement system to allow more customization. A battle system more like XII's would be a good addition, as random encounters have become overused and outdated. There you have it, my $0.02.

The thing I liked about the IV remake concerning story is that more story content was added. This wasn't like like bits here and there, but a large chunk concerning Golbez and Cecil. It didn't change the game at all, just more story. I bet they could do that if they needed to cut some story originally.

They'd probably add voice acting anyway. That space required on a Blu-Ray disc would be minute, and graphics could still be greatly improved with what is left over.

Concerning the XII battle system, I can guarantee that'd never happen. It is too drastic of a change, and wouldn't make much for a remake, if they're basically overhauling the game. If Square was listening to the fan base rather than the critics, we probably won't see the ADB again.

Egami
07-28-2008, 07:11 PM
Another thing they could do is what they did with the recent remake of IV: increase the game's difficulty. Personally, I found VII quite easy and I see that plenty of people did as well.

Goldenboko
07-28-2008, 07:15 PM
Increase IV's? You must be talking about the DS version (haven't tried that yet so I don't know) because the GBA was far easier then the PS1 version (not sure about the original).

Roto13
07-28-2008, 07:15 PM
I might play a remake of VII if they fix it. :P But only if they got rid of random battles. The battle system itself can stay basically the same, with menus and limit breaks and mataria and all that jazz, but I'm not playing another RPG that goes "Battle now? Nope. Battle now? Nope. Battle now? Nope. Battle now? YES OMG YES!" with every step. That's dumb and outdated.

If Square was listening to the fan base rather than the critics, we probably won't see the ADB again.

Isn't FF XIII going to use a prettier version of that?

Goldenboko
07-28-2008, 07:16 PM
If Square was listening to the fan base rather than the critics, we probably won't see the ADB again.

Isn't FF XIII going to use a prettier version of that?

;_;

Egami
07-28-2008, 07:17 PM
Increase IV's? You must be talking about the DS version (haven't tried that yet so I don't know) because the GBA was far easier then the PS1 version (not sure about the original).

As far as I know, the DS version has the japanese difficulty, which makes it harder than the previous ones.

Roto13
07-28-2008, 07:20 PM
Being a complete ground-up remake, it has it's own difficulty level. :P Apparently the bosses, especially, are way harder than they have been in any other version.

Egami
07-28-2008, 07:26 PM
...I'm not playing another RPG that goes "Battle now? Nope. Battle now? Nope. Battle now? Nope. Battle now? YES OMG YES!" with every step. That's dumb and outdated.

Hehe, indeed. I think the battle system on XII runs circles around the random battle system that was part of the previous installments.

Rase
07-28-2008, 07:41 PM
Concerning IV DS: The difficulty is indeed increased, at least to the level of the original Japanese, if not more. The bosses are also stronger and use different strategies/have different abilities (for example, Octomammoth's attack increases with each arm that disappears, and Scarmiglione will counter attack with Gas, Poisoning, Silencing, Blinding, and putting to Sleep everyone).

I would definitely say that an increase in difficulty is in order for a VII remake, no question.

champagne supernova
07-28-2008, 08:11 PM
I'm sure Square's announcement will be a full-scale production of Shakespeare's play "Much Ado about Nothing".

They're busy on XIII, they're busy on Versus XIII, they've got plenty of other projects going on, and they're going to bring in the original crew and remake VII? Yeah, right. Probably going to be chocobo racing for one's phone, or something stupid.

If they did have a remake, I agree with the suggestion that no story events be changed (with the exception of fixing all the translation errors), but that they should fill out the story more. I also think the battle system should move away from random battles. Materia and the like obviously must be retained, but perhaps materia could be a sharper double-edged sword. So, that it does make a significant difference when you equip someone with a piece of high-powered Magic or Summon materia.

And they would have to be really careful with who they choose to do the voice-acting.

Ouch!
07-28-2008, 08:39 PM
And they would have to be really careful with who they choose to do the voice-acting.
AC, DoC, and CC have already placed voices to the characters. I'm sure SE would attempt to bring back as many of the voice actors they've already used as possible.

Mongotha
07-30-2008, 10:46 AM
The thing I liked about the IV remake concerning story is that more story content was added. This wasn't like like bits here and there, but a large chunk concerning Golbez and Cecil. It didn't change the game at all, just more story. I bet they could do that if they needed to cut some story originally.

They'd probably add voice acting anyway. That space required on a Blu-Ray disc would be minute, and graphics could still be greatly improved with what is left over.

Concerning the XII battle system, I can guarantee that'd never happen. It is too drastic of a change, and wouldn't make much for a remake, if they're basically overhauling the game. If Square was listening to the fan base rather than the critics, we probably won't see the ADB again.

I could go for a fuller storyline, perhaps some additional events that make it more robust, but the main storyline (and arc I guess now) would have to remain intact.

As far as battle goes, I didn't mean a complete copy of XII's. Just something akin to it. I, and other people in this thread, have grown to hate random encounters. It's outdated and overdone. Being able to see my enemy before I engage it in combat added so much more realism to the game for me and I really enjoyed the fresh approach. I'm sure Square-Enix can surprise us all with an amazing battle system, but if they didn't it would be a huge disappointment.

Levian
07-30-2008, 01:09 PM
The battles in FFXII were endlessly boring and automatic. If they expand on that I hope they at least make it a bit more interesting. and screw realism. If I was looking for a realistic game, I wouldn't be playing Final Fantasy. xD I want whichever means more fun gameplay. If that means random encounters then so be it. I've very much enjoyed the random encounters in the newest FF games, especially liked how they pulled it off in FFX-2

Roto13
07-30-2008, 04:29 PM
Random encounters are never more fun, ever. Battle systems and encounter systems are more or less separate things, so there's no excuse for them any more besides laziness.

Yar
07-30-2008, 04:37 PM
Random encounters are never more fun, ever. Battle systems and encounter systems are more or less separate things, so there's no excuse for them any more besides laziness.

I dunno. I'm still partial to random encounters, especially for a VII remake. You can't really take them out now. There are some things you can't do with a system that has no random encounters than a system that has them. In XII's case, their battle system didn't allow for enemy group battles, it was 3/4 on 1.

Maybe the problem isn't the random battles as much as it is that they happen too often. That can be easily fixed. They just raise the range of steps it takes to start a battle.

Roto13
07-30-2008, 05:03 PM
Tales of Symphonia/Legendia/the Abyss/What Have You don't use random encounters and have fights with groups of enemies. Same with Chrono Trigger/Cross.

Yar
07-30-2008, 05:07 PM
Tales of Symphonia/Legendia/the Abyss/What Have You don't use random encounters and have fights with groups of enemies. Same with Chrono Trigger/Cross.

Yeah, I didn't mean ALL games, I said in XII's case for that example.

One problem I have without random encounters is if you clear the map then there are no more enemies. Plus on an overworld setting I can see it being difficult to not have random encounters. :/

Egami
07-30-2008, 05:14 PM
One problem I have without random encounters is if you clear the map then there are no more enemies.

In XII, some enemies respawn once you move too far from the area where you fought them. You can also go in and out of a given screen and all enemies will appear again.

Roto13
07-30-2008, 05:52 PM
In the Tales games, monsters respawn when you leave the area and come back. On the world map, monsters do appear out of nowhere, but you can still avoid them.

Egami
07-30-2008, 06:29 PM
As far as battle goes, I didn't mean a complete copy of XII's. Just something akin to it. [...] I'm sure Square-Enix can surprise us all with an amazing battle system, but if they didn't it would be a huge disappointment.

If they do a remake, personally I would like it if they leave the battle system intact (yes with random encounters and all). The materia system is amazing already and I think that besides making the enemies more difficult nothing else needs to be done to it. Giving the battle system an overhaul would make it more than a remake.

Super Sepiroth
07-30-2008, 06:35 PM
i just think as far as the battles are concerned its just the transition from normal gameplay to battle mode that could be improved.

and also what they say is happening with XIII where the ATB has been sped up to its limit for flowing continuous battle

Bolivar
07-30-2008, 11:19 PM
i just think as far as the battles are concerned its just the transition from normal gameplay to battle mode that could be improved.

and also what they say is happening with XIII where the ATB has been sped up to its limit for flowing continuous battle

Personally I think they should use the enemies appearing on the screen with a minimal transition into the battle screen - like the boss battles in X, that's actually how they were supposed to be.

One big question is what to do with a world map. It seems to be another outdated feature of RPG's, but if they took a clue from Dragon Quest VIII I think they could pull it off.

Goldenboko
07-30-2008, 11:23 PM

Personally I think they should use the enemies appearing on the screen with a minimal transition into the battle screen - like the boss battles in X, that's actually how they were supposed to be.

One big question is what to do with a world map. It seems to be another outdated feature of RPG's, but if they took a clue from Dragon Quest VIII I think they could pull it off.

I disagree I still love me some World Maps :O

ReloadPsi
07-31-2008, 05:30 PM
This thread is living proof that a remake would not satisfy FF7 fans unless they did something ridiculous like remake it twice; once with a ton of modifications and once unchanged.

Actually, given these alternate versions of FFXIII coming out (I haven't bothered to read up on it so I don't actually understand the difference) it wouldn't be impossible.

champagne supernova
07-31-2008, 07:10 PM
I wouldn't like to see the game exactly as it was, except with improved visuals. They definitely would have to improve elements of it, like the battle system. I quite like the idea of seeing the monsters, and then entering a battle mode (without a transition screen). And I'd also want them to add a bit to the game with regards to story etc.

I don't know what people think of this idea, but I think that Vincent and Yuffie should become compulsary characters. Then you could add a lot more to their backstory.

Seeing what they managed to do with XII in terms of size of maps on a PS2, and the capabilities of the next-gen consoles, they should be able to make a World Map which looks like the outdoor areas in XII. I don't think that it is too much to ask. Look at GTA: San Andreas (which was on PS2) and the size of that map. And there were no loading screens or anything!

Carl the Llama
07-31-2008, 07:26 PM
so let me get this straight some of you wan random encounters and some of you want have have the monsters fight on the actual map? well I dont know if many of you have played it but Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII's encounter system is just great for me, it would be perfect for all of what everyone is saying, those of you who dont want the encounters could just scrape around the wall to avoid the battle and those of you who dont, dont have to.

Saying that though I think the turn based battle system should stay the same as in VII but with a few tweaks perhaps make it so your characters are running around the screen instead of just standing in one possistion, and maybe they could have break limits like in X and onwards (damage limit ect) and extra bosses or side bosses.

Maybe if they did a complete overhaul they could make set classes (like in X-2) but with some variations, like maybe you can change their weapons and have a set amount of materia i.e. so if you wanted one of your characters as a BLM their HP and MP would change and they could only equip magic and support materia, somthing along this line I feel would be a great idea for a new battle system.

Yar
07-31-2008, 07:33 PM
I don't understand this at all, either. People love VII SO much, that they want to completely change the battle system to be exactly like XII?

If they remake it, I cannot see them not including random encounters or not using the ATB battle system. They are too drastic of changes, and they wouldn't really do much as far as "remaking" the game is concerned.

Egami
07-31-2008, 08:00 PM
By the looks of it, some people want a new game that is simply called Final Fantasy VII but that has no similarity with the original. I don't understand how people would want a remake of a game and at the same time suggest a complete reconstruction of it.

I am hoping against hope that if SE does a remake of VII they leave the battle and materia system intact, just as it was in the original (adding only small things such as the ability to shorten the sequences of Summons) and that they please do not touch the story and mess around with it. Just let us fans of the game experience it again with the improved PS3 graphics and sound. If they add anything else, let it be a couple of little bonuses such as a few additional cut scenes and increased difficulty.

Yar
07-31-2008, 08:17 PM
I'm not much of a VII fan, but I'm willing to give it a second chance. The materia system does need fixed and tweaked, but NOT overhauled. It can work, but it has some flaws that need work.

If Square does change VII's encountering and battle system, I'll totally skip the remake.

If Square pissed all over a remake of my favorite one (which they didn't, THANK GOD!), I would be very pissed off and feel betrayed. It would take me a lot to bring me back to buying their games. Recently they seem to be trying to one-up other games and please critics, rather than making fun games and pleasing their fans.

Roto13
07-31-2008, 08:39 PM
I don't think anyone wants it to just be Final Fantasy XII with Cloud and Sephiroth. :P But random battles are old and dated. It'd be very possible to keep the regular VII battle system but get rid of random encounters.

Just having Final Fantasy VII with better graphics and voice acting would be a giant waste of time. I don't understand how anyone could want to pay money for that.

Yar
07-31-2008, 08:50 PM
Just having Final Fantasy VII with better graphics and voice acting would be a giant waste of time. I don't understand how anyone could want to pay money for that.

But it is a re-make. They wouldn't making anything new. And I think I know a bunch of suckers that would re-buy the game today even without graphical improvements or voice acting.

For a bunch of VII fans, the graphical improvements and voice-acting alone would justify purchase.

Roto13
07-31-2008, 08:59 PM
Well then they'd be missing out on those of us who either A) thought the original game needed improvement, or B) aren't big enough fans to pay $60 on a higher polygon count.

Egami
07-31-2008, 09:03 PM
I'm not much of a VII fan, but I'm willing to give it a second chance.

Try and give it a chance again when you have the time. The hype surrounding the game has the potential to ruin the experience for some, ignoring that would help in enjoying the game for what it is: another great entry into the FF series.

I had to give IV a second chance, which I tried to get into after I played VI but just didn't like at the time, despite how great I was being told it was but a couple of years later I played it again and had a lot of fun with it.

The materia system does need fixed and tweaked, but NOT overhauled. It can work, but it has some flaws that need work.

I feel that what hinders somewhat the materia system is the lack of difficulty of the enemies you face. If the enemies were harder, things would be better. Alternatively they could increase the negative impact the different materias have on your stats so as to balance things out a bit.

If Square pissed all over a remake of my favorite one (which they didn't, THANK GOD!), I would be very pissed off and feel betrayed. It would take me a lot to bring me back to buying their games.

I would certainly be very disheartened if they messed up VII in a remake...it would be such a wasted opportunity and they would have ruined what is to me their best game to date.

For a bunch of VII fans, the graphical improvements and voice-acting alone would justify purchase.

:: raises hand ::

Headsnap
07-31-2008, 10:20 PM
My biggest problem would be that i would now have to get a ps3 to play it, unless they release it for the pc, and if they do it should be an instant release, not 1 year or two later.

champagne supernova
07-31-2008, 10:30 PM
I don't understand this at all, either. People love VII SO much, that they want to completely change the battle system to be exactly like XII?

If they remake it, I cannot see them not including random encounters or not using the ATB battle system. They are too drastic of changes, and they wouldn't really do much as far as "remaking" the game is concerned.

Most of us aren't wanting the game to be like XII. We want the encounter system to be like XII, i.e. no random encounters. One can accomplish that while keeping the battle system intact. I really can't see how random encounters improves VII, or is fundamentally tied up to the game.

And I'm sorry, I would not want to have the exact game with better graphics and voice acting. That would be pure laziness from Square-Enix. I want a fully detailed world map. I want to see my enemies before I fight them. I want more backstory to the game - for both characters, places and organizations. When I walk into a town, I don't want it to consist of 8 or so buildings. I would like to see more NPCs. I would like to see Final Fantasy VII done how the developers would have liked to have done, to the smallest detail.

And it isn't that much of an ask. The main parts of the story are already written. The code for the battles, sub-games, character movements etc. is still in existence and wouldn't have to be drastically changed. The concept art is still the same.

But I still want the big heads in it. And Cloud's hair to be that amazing!

Headsnap
07-31-2008, 10:47 PM
What i would like to see is that the game be remade with the original game, nut new graphics and mini games and plenty of side quests and fmvs. Changing the main story or adding to the main story really will hurt the active fan and game. Side quest are always a hit and if the remake does happen i predict they will be in there. Possibly new materia??? :):D

Dragonsoul
07-31-2008, 11:03 PM
I don't think it'll be remade for PS 3, that seems like a huge project, they'd probably put it on DS 2 or PSP 2. :D

jammi567
08-01-2008, 10:24 AM
I've thought of another reason that they should remake this game (not that i would be able to get it or anything): to help sort out the the contridictions and recons that Square have created. For example, why not have President Shinra mention that they could use Deepground Soldiers to hunt down AVALANGE; or include a couple of the Turks from Before Crisis.

Hyperion4444
08-01-2008, 02:43 PM
it's been updated to say exclusif to the PS3 and PSN.

Headsnap
08-01-2008, 05:45 PM
knowing the technological world we live in, i be and almost expect it to be done for pc as well, if in fact it is remade

Magixion
08-01-2008, 07:30 PM
Most of us aren't wanting the game to be like XII. We want the encounter system to be like XII, i.e. no random encounters. One can accomplish that while keeping the battle system intact. I really can't see how random encounters improves VII, or is fundamentally tied up to the game.

And I'm sorry, I would not want to have the exact game with better graphics and voice acting. That would be pure laziness from Square-Enix. I want a fully detailed world map. I want to see my enemies before I fight them. I want more backstory to the game - for both characters, places and organizations. When I walk into a town, I don't want it to consist of 8 or so buildings. I would like to see more NPCs. I would like to see Final Fantasy VII done how the developers would have liked to have done, to the smallest detail.

And it isn't that much of an ask. The main parts of the story are already written. The code for the battles, sub-games, character movements etc. is still in existence and wouldn't have to be drastically changed. The concept art is still the same.

But I still want the big heads in it. And Cloud's hair to be that amazing!
You do realize that is totally false right? Even changing the most minute detail would require entirely new code to be written. Especially if they change the battle system to not have random encounters. That would require a -lot- of coding. The old character models and movements would have to all be re-done as well. You cant use the same movements for the models from the original as you would for brand new models. The entire skeleton and rigging would have to be re-done as well as the animations to fit the new models.

For those with attention deficiency disorders, here is a summarized snippet of the general ramblings for you to ponder over - form: Basically, if you want a re-make, they cannot use any of the older coding and animations. They would have to re-do -EVERYTHING-.

knowing the technological world we live in, i be and almost expect it to be done for pc as well, if in fact it is remade

I highly doubt that. PC gaming is not nearly what it used to be. Consoles is definitely the way to go. A majority of the population play most of their games on consoles now-a-days.

Headsnap
08-01-2008, 08:35 PM
i have to disagree, every couple years, lets say you drop 600 on the next playstation, i prefer the upgradeable pc, quad core? ps3 doesn't have that :P...Go figure, pc is better then it ever has been. You cant say it hasn't, since the core technology speed and reliability is whats needed for new games and future software/hardware.

Bolivar
08-01-2008, 10:25 PM
^ That's true. As loyal a ps3 owner I am, Sony kinda invalidated it somewhat from the start by only having 256 ram. Not to mention a good amount of the VII fan base played it on the PC. You could even argue the PC community has kept it even more alive with all of the mods its made. Like the use of battle-screen models on the field screen, with advent children portraits in the menus, some really commendable stuff.

I think PC users would deserve it just as much as sony users. Just not 360.

Dreddz
08-02-2008, 01:14 PM
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/2897/rearrangeux0.jpg

Ill let you lot speculate.

Raebus
08-02-2008, 02:05 PM
Well, thats quite a http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifty text used in that announcement.

PeneloRatsbane
08-02-2008, 02:31 PM
what is that thing? is it actually by squeenix or did u do it?

Roto13
08-02-2008, 04:16 PM
It's the name of their little shindig they have going on right now. I was under the impression that it would be the same show put on for six different groups, so basically we've heard everything there is to hear from it. However, they did say they'd have a Final Fantasy VII announcement, so maybe they're going to stick it in the last show or something like that.

Dreddz
08-02-2008, 04:23 PM
Some think the announcement regarding FFVII was to do with FFVII AC and the FFXIII demo included. If that was the announcement Square should be ashamed of themselves by saying that it was both 'Huge' and 'Shocking'. Its a cash in to give more reason for people to buy the movie, which is crap anyway.

Rase
08-02-2008, 04:24 PM
Last I'm under the impression that it's either a coincidence or Square screwing with people. From what I've heard it stands for Dissidia, Kingdom Hearts, Sigma Harmonics, Parasite Eve The 3rd Birthday, Compilation of Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy XIII/Fabula Nova Crystalis. Yeah the CoFFVII is represented in that, but ACC and the demo thing has been announced already, so that's technically covered. Could it be a remake, sure, anything's possible. No point in speculating, we'll know in what, two days max?

Dreddz
08-02-2008, 04:25 PM
I don't think the image I posted really means anything, I just felt like toying with people a bit more.

Momiji
08-02-2008, 04:29 PM
In all honesty (and take whatever I say with a grain of salt nevertheless) I can't say I'll be disappointed if it does happen to be a remake, as long as they fix up the problems with the original and leave in 'This guy are sick'. I just hope they don't design the costumes differently-- you know, keeping the same look the original had, just updating it.

Dreddz
08-02-2008, 04:46 PM
DKΣ3713: The big announcement is tomorrow | Talk Playstation.com (http://talkplaystation.com/dk%CF%833713-the-big-announcement-is-tomorrow/)

Apparently the big announcement is tomorrow. While I await any big announcements I think Square have already done enough. They announced some release dates and some new games (granted all the good announcements have been for the PSP).

Momiji
08-02-2008, 05:59 PM
DKΣ3713: The big announcement is tomorrow | Talk Playstation.com (http://talkplaystation.com/dk%CF%833713-the-big-announcement-is-tomorrow/)

Apparently the big announcement is tomorrow. While I await any big announcements I think Square have already done enough. They announced some release dates and some new games (granted all the good announcements have been for the PSP).

Well, at this point I doubt it will be a remake, since the site you just linked to had an article (shown on that page) that said there won't be a remake. (http://talkplaystation.com/no-final-fantasy-vii-remake/)

Dreddz
08-02-2008, 06:49 PM
Yeah but when could you trust Square? I don't think it'll be a remake either but hopefully a new spin-off for the PS3.

Momiji
08-02-2008, 06:57 PM
Yeah but when could you trust Square? I don't think it'll be a remake either but hopefully a new spin-off for the PS3.

I'll obviously have to hope against that (you saw it coming), but the chances are good that a spin-off will be much more likely than a remake.

Ouch!
08-03-2008, 10:20 AM
I'm still of the opinion the compilation requires a FFVII-2. They've opened too many loose ends by introducing Genesis.

PeneloRatsbane
08-03-2008, 01:33 PM
Yeah: Genesis, is shalua dead? will cloud and tifa ever get it together properly? Will barret ever calm down and come back to take care of Marlene, whats up with Vincent now he doesn't have chaos? Will Yuffie finally crack, relapse and rob them all again? and cid needs a new ship.

lots of things need sorting out, i'm sure i've forgotten loads

Raebus
08-03-2008, 01:40 PM
Those aren't things I'd personally want to know about, so I can live without being enlightened about them.

Dreddz
08-03-2008, 02:16 PM
Square didn't announce anything today. Keep dreaming guys.

Magixion
08-03-2008, 02:30 PM
Ya.. sort of a let down. I was hoping something would be announced. But I have read in past articles that as far as the compilation goes, they would like to continue making games for it for the next 10 years or so to explain the whole Genesis thing.

Hyperion4444
08-03-2008, 02:36 PM
Final Fantasy VII will hit the PSN, exclusif to PlayStation.
PS3 and PSP owners will be able to enjoy the game.

Momiji
08-03-2008, 04:02 PM
Square didn't announce anything today. Keep dreaming guys.

Perhaps Square is building up suspense just to make the fans all giddy so any stupid thing they introduce (new line of action figures and plushies!) will seem bigger than it really is. :p

I would so buy an Aeris plushie and drive a knife through her.

ReloadPsi
08-03-2008, 04:24 PM
Man, I just accidentally read a whole list of compilation spoilers in a previous post and didn't even care.

This game is turning into a giant ball of shame, and I'm starting to feel embarrassed that I enjoyed FFX-2.

Bolivar
08-03-2008, 04:45 PM
There's still a few more conferences today, so we'll have to see.

Also, that same PSLS website said that there is another big PS3-Exclusive announcement, independent of FFVII/Square-Enix, and they said Killzone2/MAG/InFamous are NOTHING compared to it . Link (http://playstationlifestyle.net/2008/07/23/announcing-major-new-ps3-exclusive-on-3-august/) They got a counter, and it's to be in about 3 hours.

Roto13
08-03-2008, 04:51 PM

And I'm sure you'd be all dickied up in Sephiroth cosplay, too. ;P

Momiji
08-03-2008, 07:44 PM

And I'm sure you'd be all dickied up in Sephiroth cosplay, too. ;P

That would be the one and only time I would ever justify it. ;)

I would need someone in Cloud cosplay too though-- you know, the sobbing would add to the effect.

Yar
08-03-2008, 08:03 PM
So, it's been three hours. What's the news?

Magixion
08-03-2008, 09:07 PM
So, it's been three hours. What's the news?

Not entirely sure. The only real big news that has anything even remotely to do with FFVII that I have heard of was the Final Fantasy XIII demo that will be released with the blu-ray version of Advent Children.

Ouch!
08-03-2008, 09:58 PM
From what I've gathered, it's over and SE really is stupid enough to try and pass off the FFXIII demo as their huge announcement.

Comet
08-03-2008, 10:29 PM
From what I've gathered, it's over and SE really is stupid enough to try and pass off the FFXIII demo as their huge announcement.

That's what I thought as well.

Dreddz
08-03-2008, 11:04 PM
I really don't think this could of gone down any worse. I thought the announcement was regarding FFVII, not FFXIII. You can link the FFXIII demo to FFVII because its on the blu-ray copy of Advent Children but its still got nothing to do with FFVII whatsoever. I think Square were just trying to build up hype for the event, and decided to spurt some major crap while doing so.

Not that they didn't announce anything good at the event, definitely happy with their announcements regarding the PSP, but some PS3 news would of been nice as well. Oh well, there's always TGS to look forward to.

Bolivar
08-03-2008, 11:34 PM
never mind

Crizpy
08-03-2008, 11:59 PM
omg look at dis right here
http://www.aeropause.com/wordpress/archives/images/2008/08/rearrange.jpg

Rase
08-04-2008, 12:17 AM

Last I'm under the impression that it's either a coincidence or Square screwing with people. From what I've heard it stands for Dissidia, Kingdom Hearts, Sigma Harmonics, Parasite Eve The 3rd Birthday, Compilation of Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy XIII/Fabula Nova Crystalis. Yeah the CoFFVII is represented in that, but ACC and the demo thing has been announced already, so that's technically covered. Could it be a remake, sure, anything's possible. No point in speculating, we'll know in what, two days max?

Momiji
08-04-2008, 12:18 AM
http://www.aeropause.com/wordpress/a.../rearrange.jpg

Crizpy, Dreddz already posted that.

There is no remake.

Magixion
08-04-2008, 12:19 AM
http://www.aeropause.com/wordpress/archives/images/2008/08/rearrange.jpg

Kinda cool, too bad it means nothing, lol. The conspiracy theorists at their best!

Yar
08-04-2008, 12:26 AM
Yeah, and who's to say that Square didn't name it that just for the reason you see here?

Certainly grabs attention, but no promises are made.

Crizpy
08-04-2008, 01:30 AM
Yeah I acutally read a page back to see if someone posted it, but I couldnt find it..thats what you get for beeing lazy.

Xalioniaf
08-04-2008, 06:45 PM
Error 404 - Not Found

Please use the links or the search feature in the sidebar to find your way back to the real content! Thank you!

Oh, Playstation Lifestyle, you're so silly.

Yar
08-04-2008, 06:49 PM
It's funny because they were wrong.

Everyone was like "OMG PSLS is never wrong!"

:mog:

champagne supernova
08-04-2008, 09:28 PM

They're timing was wrong, but, short of Square-Enix going bust, there will be a Final Fantasy VII remake at some point. Just not now...

PeneloRatsbane
08-04-2008, 09:56 PM

yeah...Hardy haha!

they need to stop p-ing around and get on with it, we ain't gettin any younger.

Dreddz
08-04-2008, 10:26 PM
Some people got it to their head that a new spin-off or remake for FFVII was 100% going to happen. It wasn't just Playstationlifestyle, talkplaystation said there was definitely going to be a new game for the PS3 announced.

And it all ended in tears.....

Momiji
08-04-2008, 10:41 PM
Some people got it to their head that a new spin-off or remake for FFVII was 100% going to happen. It wasn't just Playstationlifestyle, talkplaystation said there was definitely going to be a new game for the PS3 announced.

...or laughter, depending who you are. :p

It just goes to show you can't trust anyone anymore. xD

champagne supernova
08-04-2008, 10:48 PM

...or laughter, depending who you are. :p

It just goes to show you can't trust anyone anymore. xD

I don't think many people actually believed that they were going to announce a remake for VII now, when they've got so many projects on the line. But it was quite a nice thread to see how individuals differ in how they want the remake done.

As I said above, the question's not if FFVII will be remade, but when! I reckon it'll be released 2013-2014!

Rase
08-04-2008, 11:01 PM
I'm still skeptical on the prospect of it ever happening to be quite honest. If it comes out this generation on PS3 the entire game will need to be done to the level of Advent Children in order to appease most people it seems, and recreating the entire game alone with that amount of detail would be an amazingly daunting task. Throw in the voice acting people will want, redoing all the songs so they take advantage of current tech, general fine tuning of the gameplay and script, and you've got an expensive and time-consuming proposition. I honestly wonder if it would be a profitable game; yes millions will buy it, but would it offset the cost?

The one thing I could see working is making it either for the PSP or PSN and using the Crisis Core engine. I thought that looked quite fine and would work well for a remake.

In the end though, I don't see a point in speculating or expecting it to happen until Square says so.

Bolivar
08-04-2008, 11:22 PM
I'm still skeptical on the prospect of it ever happening to be quite honest. If it comes out this generation on PS3 the entire game will need to be done to the level of Advent Children in order to appease most people it seems, and recreating the entire game alone with that amount of detail would be an amazingly daunting task. Throw in the voice acting people will want, redoing all the songs so they take advantage of current tech, general fine tuning of the gameplay and script, and you've got an expensive and time-consuming proposition. I honestly wonder if it would be a profitable game; yes millions will buy it, but would it offset the cost?

The one thing I could see working is making it either for the PSP or PSN and using the Crisis Core engine. I thought that looked quite fine and would work well for a remake.

In the end though, I don't see a point in speculating or expecting it to happen until Square says so.

Well, I gotta say, to recreate all the content that was in FFVII, in Advent Children, or even Crisis Core specs, I'm not sure how many blue ray D's that would take... so yeah, there's alot of issues. Maybe they should just make it a new PS2 game, that'd be enough to satisfy me.

Also, it wasn't just PSLS that started this rumor. It was Tetsuya Nomura and Shinji Hashimoto.

Dreddz
08-05-2008, 01:12 AM
Indeed. For once it was actually Square that escalated the situation. Nobody would of expected much if Square hadn't opened their mouths and said what they said. I mean, Square announced some awesome things at their show and nobody seems to care solely due to the fact that they expected much more.

Xalioniaf
08-05-2008, 02:58 AM
The point is they were so confident in their little informant or whatever (I really just skimmed the article when it was up) and now they just take the page down instead of admitting they were wrong.
Eeits fanny to meh.
They said something big related to VII would happen, and unless you count a Blu-ray re-release of a movie we've already known was coming big, you're quite wrong.

Bolivar
08-08-2008, 02:36 AM
Parasite Eve 3 is still pretty damn cool...just sucks I don't got a PSP.

ultimated
08-08-2008, 03:32 AM
I agree you must read more clearer before saying what you think.

Edge7
08-19-2008, 05:09 PM
A battle system more like XII's would be a good addition, as random encounters have become overused and outdated. There you have it, my $0.02.

Personally, I'm a bit old fashioned and actually prefer the random battles. That way it's easier to heal because you're not chased by the enemy through out the map, and item use is instantainous.

I'd like a remake, but I could buy a game like Crisis Core, because it was the only spinoff I liked. I also want to know what happens to Genesis after Dirge of Cerberus' Secret ending (damn marketing techniques).

A remake would be good if they updated the system (like being able to fuse materia.) and if the story (More Turks, whatever happened to Zack's friend Kunsel, etc.)

I'm not getting my hopes too high though.