PDA

View Full Version : Spring Awakening

Rye
07-27-2008, 02:50 AM
Easily the best soundtrack for any musical I've ever heard. I am dying to go see it on Broadway. I am considering buying really cheap tickets to really bad seats just to see it this September with Huxley.

It's basically a play about young adults growing up and learning about life and sex in the late 1800s in Germany.

It's so beautiful. My favorite thing about it is that it's not too musical theatre, which is something that can get nauseatingly strong. Sometimes I think that, to steal a phrase from Cz, when you listen to a musical soundtrack, you can practically hear the cast banging a symbol and screaming "THIS IS MUSICAL THEATRE. THIS IS MUSICAL THEATRE. YOU WILL LIKE IT. THIS IS MUSICAL THEATRE. HEAR OUR NASALLY VOICES AND EDGINESS!!" Enough is enough! xD

So to hear a musical that sounds a lot more mellow and folk rock, with natural voices, was delightful.

Download Touch Me, Those You've Known, Whispering, Mama Who Bore Me, and The Bitch of Living.

Bunny
07-27-2008, 03:15 AM
My girlfriend's roommate last year played the soundtrack repeatedly for about two weeks straight. It got boring really fast. The first few times it was fine, but I don't really see anything special about it.