PDA

View Full Version : Roommates!

Rye
07-28-2008, 10:55 PM
Goodness gracious! I got my roommates today.

I have 2 roommates in my room, and then I have 3 other suitemates in another room who we share a bathroom with. My roommates are from NJ and NY, which delights me, since I'll have people to whine to about how RI is boring!

Tell me about your roommate stories. Delight me and horrify me! :hello:

CimminyCricket
07-28-2008, 10:59 PM
My roommate is horribly messy. He comes home, dumps his clothes and leaves. His locker, smells like sweaty old and crusted clothes, I almost die every time I walk past it and it drives me bonkers.

Rye
07-28-2008, 11:01 PM
I've facebook stalked every suitemate, and one roommate, and they seem to be mild sweet geeky girls. I equate that with being clean. I am delighted! :heart:

Flying Mullet
07-28-2008, 11:03 PM
I'm married to my roommate. :p

Jowy
07-28-2008, 11:06 PM
I'm practically married to my roommate.

Peegee
07-28-2008, 11:06 PM
Favorite roommate would have to be this Dutch girl named Tara because she is awesome and has a truck of clothes, a great dancing partner and loads of fun.

Least favorite roommate would not really exist. Maybe my ex-girlfriend (not really the dumbest thing I've done; I'll always consider it a necessary price to pay to have wicked roommates ie Tara).

Drift
07-28-2008, 11:07 PM
atm my housemate has a pet chameleon and a busk monitor, he wants to get a boa, once he moves out and my real housemates move in it'll be 4 geeks under one roof, i will have no social life :(

ljkkjlcm9
07-28-2008, 11:07 PM
starting freshman year...
I was suppose to have a roommate, he never showed up for the first week of cadet training. A week into the semester, I get another roommate who transferred into the cadet corps. After 6 weeks he leaves, I move to another room, with who we called the "sheep" of the freshman trainees. The following year I was going to room with someone I knew. 2 weeks into the semester he got hurt badly, and left school. I moved downstairs to room with a junior from another company. After 6 weeks I was moved back up to my company, where I roomed with someone I did not get along with. At one point he accused me of stabbing his shoe with a knife... wtf?
Junior year I roomed with my best friend. We were in different companies, but we were juniors so it didn't matter. This is the guy I was best man for about 2 months ago. We actually roomed together the whole year. Last year I roomed with a friend I had made that junior year, because this guy who I was best friends with was in a high enough position to get his own room. I lived with him for a semester before I took last semester off from school, and moved off campus with a friend, and another guy who was away in Kuwait with the Army. Now, the guy I was just rooming with has gotten a job, and is leaving, and the other guy is back from Kuwait. I'm keeping this apartment, but I need a room on campus for a semester, so the guy I roomed with on campus last year.... his old roommate from the previous year will be my roommate.

In summary:
Freshman year: Had roommate A not show up. B leave after 6 weeks. C suck (met roommate D, G and J this year)
Sophomore year: Roommate D got hurt and left in 2 weeks. Roommate E moved out after 6 weeks. F hated me (met roommate I this year)
Junior year: Roommate G all year (Met roommate H. H lived with K)
Senior year: Roommate H first half of the year. Off campus with roommate I, while J in Kuwait.
5th year: Rooming with K, while keeping the place off campus with J, while looking for a new roommate L, to take the place of roommate I. lol

I know too many people!

THE JACKAL

escobert
07-28-2008, 11:28 PM
My roommate Greg was never in out room. he most often stayed a his friends in another building. however Nate was always there. he would sleep all day and play poker or maden all night long.

Denmark
07-29-2008, 12:10 AM
Where in NY? I hope you got an upstater to argue with. :D

I roomed with my freshman roommate for both freshman and sophomore years. I was one of those guys who likes to be in the room a lot of the time and he was in the room a lot freshman year with his girlfriend. That was kind of annoying. Last year he started leaving the room a lot more allowing me my solitude. This year, I'm living with three different guys off campus in a house, and I finally have my own room (which is nice and big too!), so I'm happy.

Rye
07-29-2008, 12:14 AM

No leaf peepin' upstaters like YOU, Rob. >:]

One suitemate lives literally 10 minutes away from me, next town over.

One roommate lives in Tappan, NY. Another lives in NJ!

qwertysaur
07-29-2008, 12:31 AM

No leaf peepin' upstaters like YOU, Rob. >:]

One suitemate lives literally 10 minutes away from me, next town over.

One roommate lives in Tappan, NY. Another lives in NJ!
Name. Now! I might know this person!

Denmark
07-29-2008, 12:41 AM
Leaf peeper: (n) a downstater who comes upstate to look at foliage.

I'm not a damn leaf peeper.

And poo on downstate NY.

Rye
07-29-2008, 12:42 AM
Well, Rob, you're an honorary masshole for having to go there to shop, so. >:o

Kirobaito
07-29-2008, 01:25 AM
I went potluck with my roommate freshman year, and we basically hit it off instantly. We roomed together again last year, in an on-campus apartment so we each had our own rooms. This year we will be living together again in an off-campus apartment with our own rooms.

Shronz_Thegreat
07-29-2008, 01:38 AM
I don't have a roommate, unless my brother counts.

You don't really have roommates Junior year of Highschool :O!

And New Jersey is the place to be in life ^.^

Shoeberto
07-29-2008, 02:29 AM
hsu's roommate last year was a nice guy from memphis but he got on stu's nerves a lot. And borrowed his ps2 controller (like outside the room) without asking. and returned it in less than stellar condition.
His roommate for next year is going to be a friend he made, so hopefully that will turn out a lot better! The one from last year wasn't so bad but he just really got annoying after a while. I liked him.

My roommate last year was a quiet spoken very southern drawl-speaking girl from eastern Arkansas. She was very bright and athletic, but very girly (as stu points out that she had the first season of friends on DVD). My roommate this year will be a freshman, and seems to be very preppy from her facebook profile, but she seems nice from the e-mails we've exchanged.

Bunny
07-29-2008, 03:24 AM
Last semester, my girlfriend had a roommate that played music on repeat for hours and days at a time. Same CD, every single day, for a week. It got to the point where Spring Awakening and Red Hot Chili Peppers made her ill. Her suite mates were fat and annoying and messy. They liked to talk very loudly about their sex lives, much to both our dismay. I yelled at them once for being too loud. It made them angry, so they got louder. So I banged on the wall a few times and then played heavy death metal at top volume.

My roommate is the boyfriend of one of the girls who my girlfriend will be living with next semester. From what I have heard, he is fairly responsible and is an Ex-Marine. I have yet to talk to him because we both have issues calling people. I will be meeting him for the first time sometime next week. I'm sure it will be less-than-stellar.

I also had three roommates when I was in the Navy. The first one was a 19-20 year old gamer who I got along with fine. He moved out or got married or something and soon after I got my second roommate. He was a 30-something year old creepy guy who liked to gawk at 18-year-old girls and make creepy comments. He was a fairly awkward fellow who might have been slightly retarded, I manipulated him into doing what I wanted sometimes and it was fun. He moved out and I was glad for it though because his creepiness was beginning to wear thin. My third roommate was a complete and utter idiot in every sense and meaning of the word. One time, he was masturbating while I was playing WoW, raiding. I told the entire raid that "my roommate is masturbating right now". This, of course, stopped the entire raid for about five minutes while they figured out what I said, whether or not I was serious, and laughed about it for another five minutes. After him, I had no roommate and I wandered around my room naked after work and on my days off. It was glorious.

WALL OF TEXT.

tl,dr: roommates suck and that's a really retarded filter. gg

Kes
07-29-2008, 08:35 AM
Last year I didn't know my roommate before hand and I think we both silently came to the agreement that we would be civil but not become friends. We didn't have much/anything in common, but we didn't have any issues either.

I'm sure my mess bothered her a bit, and her TV/music without headphones bothered me. But they weren't anything big so there was never any drama.

I consider that a best case scenario. This year my roommate will be my suitemate and my new roommate I also don't know. I intend to essentially form the same relationship.

Nominus Experse
07-29-2008, 01:57 PM
My roommate made my OCD become a wildfire. But he had enormous quantities of food stuffs, so it was almost alright.

My roommate and I played video games and took mind altering substances everyday. It was nice to have a roommate that I had been my friend for 10 years previously. I think I went to classes at some point, because I passed.

smittenkitten
07-29-2008, 03:19 PM
My roomate smells of vegemite and cheese. He always turns off a movie I'm watching it on the tv from his computer, even though I'm in the middle of watching it. :mad2 He rarely drinks, he doesn't smoke, he does the dishes and helps make the dinner. ^__^

Psychotic
07-29-2008, 03:56 PM
I'm a hermit.

Breine
07-29-2008, 06:44 PM
I still live at home, so no roommates for me. Unless you count my family as roommates? In that case I have some pretty awesome roommates that clean the house, do the dishes and wash my clothes.. :cool:

Shoeberto
07-29-2008, 06:49 PM
Allie posted all my junk from my PC but here's the skinny.

My room mate last year was very hard to live with because he had no sense of volume control. He was a loud breather and snored sometimes but that's pretty human, and even his extra loud sighs were bearable. What was unbearable was how much noise he'd make in every day things without regard for me being there, mostly while I slept. Constantly the door was slammed, drawers were slammed, shoes were dropped making a loud SLAP when they hit, and it's going to take me a long time to get over my hatred of Guitar Hero he spawned from the clickclickclickclickclickclick while I studied. The semester when I got up before him, I was as quiet as possible and could usually slip out the door without him stirring, but when it swapped and he got up every day before me I just about went crazy from him waking me up with things that could've easily been avoided (I'm pretty sure I even asked him to quiet it down, something which he disregarded after about two days). Also his girlfriend was extremely annoying and they very rarely could take a hint to gtfo because I needed to sleep or study.

It also drove me nuts how he could put so little work into most of his classes, not studying or skipping lectures, and seem to do well (I'm pretty sure he had a 4.0 both semesters doing basically the same classes I was but with higher level maths). That tends to drive me nuts with most people though. It was just an extra thing for me to hold against him.

Oh. And he borrowed stuff a lot, which I didn't clearly define when we started the year so he felt at liberty to. So like he used my PS2 controller at a friend's room (he asked and I was okay with this) but then he also let the friend borrow it without my permission (he did not ask and I was not okay with this). He also used about all of my duct tape and seemed to have no problem reaching into my drawers on my desk while I was sitting right there, without asking, to use it. I also had a belt disappear for a day once and didn't know he had taken it until I noticed it was in a messed up place in my closet.

He was nice but I wouldn't ever live with him again. My room mate this coming year is probably going to be pretty awesome, we get along very well and of the two in his room last year he was the cleaner of them. I made sure to discuss ground rules for the room so we don't want to kill each other. It should go well.

(As I typed that last paragraph I kept remembering things he did that I hated so I kept going back and expanding. I really hated living with this guy.)