PDA

View Full Version : Book Release Parties

Jessweeee♪
07-29-2008, 12:07 AM
My cousin and I are going to the midnight party for Breaking Dawn.

We were just wondering....WHAT DO PEOPLE ACTUALLY DO THERE?

All I know is there's a costume contest of some kind...which is odd, because they pretty much dress like normal people. But yeah.

o_o

I guess this is a thread about book release parties you've been to :bounce:

Namelessfengir
07-29-2008, 02:21 AM
i havent been to one but it would seem like any other launch party

Bunny
07-29-2008, 03:17 AM
Dress up like Harry Potter and go "PEW PEW" and other assorted Potter lingo. Then act confused when people get angry at you.

Basically what you do at a book release party is stand around in a line or lines and discuss your favorite thing about ______ book. Then you buy your book, talk more about your book and how excited you are to read it, and then you go home and cry yourself to sleep because you actually attended a party for a book release.

Jessweeee♪
07-29-2008, 06:55 AM
i havent been to one but it would seem like any other launch party

Oh. I've been to plenty of those.

:shifty:

Calliope
07-29-2008, 11:30 AM
I've never been to one, but in this case I would find it appropriate to wear a t-shirt that says "EDWARD SUCKS" in big letters. The party will obviously be divided into two factions, and possibly involve everyone sitting down quietly, reading as fast as possible in order to prove the others wrong.

Kes
07-30-2008, 04:11 AM
I WANT TO GO TO TWILIGHT PROM TOO!

Except no one will go with me, and I haven't read New Moon and I kind of think the books are some of the worst things in print. But I still want to go.

I've been to three Harry Potter ones. Um, if it's just a local thing at a Barnes & Noble or Borders or what-have-you, it's going to be just mostly people fangirls* squeeing over their favourite characters, talking about theories, and just regular things.

The store will probably have a costume contest, a trivia game where they give out dollar store prizes and/or cheap candy to winners, and maybe a few other small things. People will count down to midnight like on NYE. Then people rush out of the store and run home to read it.

If Meyer has a Mugglenet equivalent and you're going to some sort of officially unofficial release, it will be much bigger, crazier and entirely different.

*Because face it, that's the only readership this book has.

Jessweeee♪
07-30-2008, 04:18 AM
Oh, it's not nearly as bad as the other vampire books out there .-.

I've read much worse...much...much...worse....:eep:

Kes
07-30-2008, 04:19 AM
Well, Atwater-Rhodes has the excuse of being between 14 and what, 17(?) when her vampire stuff was written.

And maybe vampire, teen, romance novels are my weakness. >.>

Garnie
07-30-2008, 01:11 PM
i very much regret not going to any potter party's! sadly we shall never have that fun again unless jo roweling has a spaz attack and decide to release "harry potter and the divorce court of doom!"

Carl the Llama
07-30-2008, 03:28 PM
people fangirls* squeeing over their favourite characters, talking about theories, and just regular things.

I have read all the Harry Potter books :p

rubah
07-30-2008, 04:40 PM
the seventh harry potter book was the only one for which I actually stayed for hastings's party. I just showed up at midnight for the previous two to get the book.

it was kinda fun. I dressed up and totally missed the fanart competition and the costume competition but I did color a picture of harry and hedwig and met some um, people and hung out with some cute little kids.

Kes
07-30-2008, 07:04 PM
people fangirls* squeeing over their favourite characters, talking about theories, and just regular things.

I have read all the Harry Potter books :p

Sorry, that was unclear, I meant the Twilight books. I'm guessing you haven't read those?

Lone Wolf Leonhart
07-31-2008, 01:52 AM
I would wear a "I love Edward Cullen <3" t-shirt. I don't have the money right now to buy the book at the midnight release.

And I knew what book this thread was going to be about before I clicked on it. I win.

mooglebunni608
07-31-2008, 03:36 AM
I want to go to the Breaking Dawn party! I went to two Harry Potter midnight release parties, and they weren't much fun. They advertised free food and games, but there was NO free food, and the games were directed at the 10-and-under crowd. Twilight hasn't got such a wide age range, so I'm hoping this party will be better. The bookshop I may go to is having an Alice+Jasper couple costume contest, but that's about all they're advertising.

Arc_Master_14
07-31-2008, 04:00 AM
I went to the Hp 5 party with this girl I know and we made fun of all the old people who were dressed up. It was the funniest night that year.

qwertysaur
07-31-2008, 04:04 AM
I was at HP 7. It was overcrowded to I left the store for a couple hours and went to the arcade and played DDR.

Jessweeee♪
08-02-2008, 09:49 AM
That was actually kind of fun. The contest was pretty lame, though.