PDA

View Full Version : firefox config settings

Namelessfengir
07-30-2008, 01:47 AM
ive just gone dropped in a new harddrive and my firefox isn't as fast as it used to be. i knwo i had a few tweaks in the about:config section but ive forgotten what they were

there was one for the cache
there was one about loading images in order instead of all at once
my dad was complaining that it was slow compared to the old harddrive and he was at our fastest connection speed

lil help

Baloki
07-30-2008, 08:14 AM
Did you copy your old Application Data folder over?

Namelessfengir
07-30-2008, 10:15 PM
i can would that solve my question?

crono_logical
07-30-2008, 10:19 PM
The important stuff to copy is the contents of the profile folder inside the Mozilla → Firefox folder inside Application Data, and place them inside your new profile folder (or make a new profile if you're happy tinkering with profiles.ini) - you don't need the whole appdata folder :p

Baloki
07-31-2008, 08:08 AM
To get to said folder Cl_out mentioned go to start, then run, then type "%appdata%" then click ok and browse to where you need to go :D

crono_logical
07-31-2008, 08:31 AM
To get to said folder Cl_out mentioned go to start, then run, then type "%appdata%" then click ok and browse to where you need to go :DThat's a useful trick to know - saves having to remember the specific location which varies across Windows versions or even via group policies :p

Of course, that will open the current appdata folder, and not the one on your old HD if you just drop it back into the computer, unless you actually boot up from it again :p

Baloki
07-31-2008, 09:00 PM
C:\Documents and Settings\Mint\Application Data\?