PDA

View Full Version : Erm, No!

Laddy
07-30-2008, 02:03 AM
Have you ever been mistake for being a dude/chick or hetero/gay?

Someone in Target thought I was a chick once, but he was an idiot.

And some people think I'm gay beacause I'm well-dressed and my mannerisms.

Zeldy
07-30-2008, 02:03 AM
No one has ever thought I was a boy, I don't think. ^_^

Arc_Master_14
07-30-2008, 02:05 AM
many many times. In spanish class I was writing something on the board(It was funny) for my teacher who had just left the room to read when she got back and one of the other kids walked in and said "What we have a sub. Man she looks strict." I turned around and yelled and cursed at him as he apoligized.

Rye
07-30-2008, 02:05 AM
No, but everyone always thinks I'm Jewish. :jess:

Caraliz
07-30-2008, 02:07 AM
When I was 4 my mom used to make me dress up in snowman suits that my brother used to wear, so they were RED and GRAY instead of purple and pink! So I had short hair and I guess some lady called me a little boy. I was sad. :(

Jessweeee♪
07-30-2008, 02:54 AM
When I was in middle school I chopped off all of my hair and people thought I was just a very feminine looking boy.

Peegee
07-30-2008, 03:23 AM
No. I'm not androgynous.

Madame Adequate
07-30-2008, 03:26 AM
I've been mistaken for a girl quite a few times!

It's wonderful :jess:

Momiji
07-30-2008, 03:44 AM
I'm always mistaken for a girl over the phone, because... well, I have a girly voice I suppose. Someone saw me from behind and called me "ma'am" back when I had really long hair, too.

Lawr
07-30-2008, 03:47 AM
I'm too manly for such tomfoolery!

Evastio
07-30-2008, 04:21 AM
It hasn't happened to me yet.

Miriel
07-30-2008, 04:27 AM
Never.

But I have been mistaken as someone younger than I am. Last year (I was 21) someone thought I was 15 and rudely asked if I wasn't too young to be drinking coffee.

I don't mind too much, except when it interferes with the business aspect of my life. People tend to shy away from doing business with people they think look like they're in High School. But I figure in the long run I'll appreciate looking young for my age.

Tavrobel
07-30-2008, 04:29 AM
Only on the internet. Apparently I;m a girl because "I'm too nice." I rectified that pretty quickly.

The Summoner of Leviathan
07-30-2008, 04:33 AM
The other day on the phone, I had called somewhere for work and the person said "ma'am" to me. -__-; I know pre-puberty me and my sister got mistaken for each other on the phone but we do not sound alike anymore!

Momiji
07-30-2008, 04:33 AM
Only on the internet. Apparently I;m a girl because "I'm too nice." I rectified that pretty quickly.

That doesn't make much sense at all. There are plenty of girls who are spiteful and mean. :p

Vyk
07-30-2008, 04:43 AM
When I had really long hair I got confused for a girl from behind a time or two. No big deal. I make an ugly girl though

There was this one gay guy who apparently I confused and once he found out I was straight he tried to convert me anyway. Shouldn't they of all people know you can't choose or be converted? :P

Tasura
07-30-2008, 09:14 AM
I was an androgynous baby, I had golden curls. I looked like a little girl, but now I've got a full read beard, so It's hard to mistake me for a girl.

scrumpleberry
07-30-2008, 10:28 AM
rudely asked if I wasn't too young to be drinking coffee.

lolwut. Since when are you too young to drink coffee? That's one crazy person...

Never. I'm all woman baby! I have been mistaken multiple times for being a lot older than I am though, on and offline. I guess that's more common.

Balzac
07-30-2008, 10:47 AM
My beard kind of gives it away.

Cz
07-30-2008, 11:30 AM
I've been mistaken for both a gay guy and a girl. The former's not so surprising, but the latter really puzzles me. It also bugs me a little because if I look like a girl, I don't look like a very cute one. I'm not sure whether it's worse to be mistaken for a pretty girl or an ugly one. :p

Strangely, everybody who's made the mistake has done so in real life. People on the internet seem to be much better guessers.

I was an androgynous baby, I had golden curls. I looked like a little girl, but now I've got a full read beard, so It's hard to mistake me for a girl. Babies are a bit like that. In my family's living room there are two pictures of my sister and I when we're a couple of days old. We were both born with hair, and both wrapped in the same sort of hospital blanket. I'm always forgetting which one I am.

G3ORGE
07-30-2008, 11:34 AM
they guy in the buchers called me 'madam' the other day :/ lol

Blue Harvest
07-30-2008, 11:46 AM
Nope, I have never been mistaken for a female. I'm too manly :cool:

Rye
07-30-2008, 12:41 PM
I've been mistaken for a girl quite a few times!

It's wonderful :jess:

I love how you're the only person who's delighted by such things. xD

Levian
07-30-2008, 01:25 PM
Yeah, when I was younger I looked like a feminine version of that feminine looking kid from Home Alone.

and now I look like a 14 year old homosexual, I shaved yesterday with a razor and it was horrible and I'm never shaving again.

Quindiana Jones
07-30-2008, 02:35 PM
Someone once asked my friend "Is Arthur Jewish?".

I'm often thought of as gay.

Vikeve
07-30-2008, 02:54 PM
I was mistaken as a boy a few times when I was little because of my short hair it was very upsetting but now I just think back and laugh.:jess:

Ko Ko
07-30-2008, 03:01 PM
I have never been mistaken for the opposite sex, ever.

But people often think I like girls.

Randgris
07-30-2008, 03:41 PM
On the phone many times, I'm often mistaken to be a girl (that was before puberty...)

Not gender specific, but almost everyone I meet thought I was an innocent boy/teen... They should have thought twice... :tongue:

Misfit
07-30-2008, 04:53 PM
and now I look like a 14 year old homosexual,
i lol'd xD

Anyways, no - never been called the opposite sex, but I look alot younger than I actually am. :(

Ki Ki
07-30-2008, 06:02 PM
Some people thought I was a lesbian. Only because I'd always comment if I saw a hot girl walk by or something. Doesn't mean I'm lesbian ffs. I just appreciate pretty things. :drool:

Magixion
07-30-2008, 06:07 PM
Never. My manliness over powers everything in my immediate vicinity, so I have never had that problem. I guess my goatee and 5 o clock shadow might have something to do with it as well.

Roto13
07-30-2008, 06:07 PM
My grandfather asked me if I had a girlfriend. I'm not sure if his mind is going or if it's just that nobody told him otherwise.

Fonzie
07-30-2008, 06:21 PM
My arms are to big for someone to think I'm a girl. :p

Quindiana Jones
07-30-2008, 06:42 PM
Huh. Fonz, that's no excuse where I am, mate. Some girls here have got arms thicker than my legs! And hairier too!

Tasura
07-31-2008, 12:09 AM
Huh. Fonz, that's no excuse where I am, mate. Some girls here have got arms thicker than my legs! And hairier too!

You live in the gorilla pen at the zoo?

Balzac
07-31-2008, 12:28 AM
I'm guessing the Midlands UK.

Kamiko
07-31-2008, 01:31 AM
Sometimes if I hide my face and scrunch myself completely into a desk, I can get asked if I'm a boy or girl.
It happened once. Happiest day of my life.

BardTard
07-31-2008, 01:49 AM
Some old lady in a nursing home thought I was a boy when I was really young. And everyody thinks I'm straight for some reason. :confused:

Iceglow
07-31-2008, 02:20 AM
*It's around the time of the release of the first underworld movie, late night I'm at a houseparty walking up to the nearby tube station to meet people who don't know the area smoking, along the way I pass several chav's one of whom asks for a light*
Chavs: Hey, do you have a light
Me: Sure, why not *hands over lighter*
Chavs: *notices bus going other way* woah you look like the vamp on the advertisement there...
Me: *falls about laughing* I fucking wish mate, the vamp on the advertisement is Kate Beckinsdale, if I looked like her I'd be a terrible slut of a lesbian who would never have to pay for my drinks when out.
Chavs: True true, aight cool for the light man laterz

the above actually took place at a bus stop near where I used to live, that was their opinion of a bearded shoulder hair lengthed guy in a trench coat with skinny jeans, new rocks and a tight black t-shirt...

Shronz_Thegreat
07-31-2008, 06:48 AM
Some girl came up and asked for my number, so I was all "WOW WOW WAIT! Wha-?" And then I explained how I arez not like what she got.

Quindiana Jones
07-31-2008, 02:24 PM
*It's around the time of the release of the first underworld movie, late night I'm at a houseparty walking up to the nearby tube station to meet people who don't know the area smoking, along the way I pass several chav's one of whom asks for a light*
Chavs: Hey, do you have a light
Me: Sure, why not *hands over lighter*
Chavs: *notices bus going other way* woah you look like the vamp on the advertisement there...
Me: *falls about laughing* I smurfing wish mate, the vamp on the advertisement is Kate Beckinsdale, if I looked like her I'd be a terrible slut of a lesbian who would never have to pay for my drinks when out.
Chavs: True true, aight cool for the light man laterz

the above actually took place at a bus stop near where I used to live, that was their opinion of a bearded shoulder hair lengthed guy in a trench coat with skinny jeans, new rocks and a tight black t-shirt...

If you look like Kate Beckinsale, let's get our gay on.

Kes
07-31-2008, 06:39 PM
Only once when I was at a RenFair and doing this thing where I was in a fencing mask and a quilted "fencing" jacket and the people kept referring to me as "lad" due to my shorts, which were my brother's at one point. And yeah, my clothing does get people wondering about my sexual orientation sometimes. Not today though, I'm very pink. ^_^

Anyway, other than that, it only happens online, and mostly then only when I play(ed) WoW.

Brennan
08-01-2008, 03:34 AM
Once my sister put me into a pink jacket when I was 3, and I was very hyper at that age :hyper: I ran around the store several times.

It was funny now that I think about it.

Also when I was in the fifth grade, I had longer hair than I usually do, and my sub thought I was female. (I was trying to go to sleep) :mad:

Breine
08-01-2008, 06:59 PM
Back when I had really long and wavy hair, I was sitting in a train with some female friends of mine and the guy who came to check our tickets was like "Hi ladies."

He didn't really get a good look at me, but still.

Laddy
08-02-2008, 05:30 AM
Yeah, most of my friends are girls, so people take that as some subtle hint of my sexuality. But it's not.

Hambone
08-02-2008, 09:25 AM
Only once have I been mistaken for a girl, but she was old. I'm never mistaken for being gay, but I hide it well...

FallenSilence
08-04-2008, 09:48 AM
Several times. The first being in a hospital when I was in a lift with my female friend, another woman came in and said "going down, ladies?" When we got out, my friend could just about breathe for laughing at me ¬_¬

An air stewardess on a plane asked me "would madam like a drink?" when I was reading my book.

And lastly, and most embarrassing, I was out for a meal with my girlfriend and her parents, eveyone else had ordered, and the waiter asked me "and what would you like to order, miss?" >_<

Jiro
08-04-2008, 11:05 AM
I get mistaken for a female because of my name. The most embarrasing was during my farewell speech for finishing club athletics. The anouncer called me a girl in front of the entire region :(

But I used to have long hair, and I didn't ever get mistaken.

And I've had several gay men try to hit on me, but then that's just them, no reflection on me. Apparently I'm just hot xD

Cloudane
08-04-2008, 03:35 PM
Well, as someone who's never had a girlfriend (shy etc) people often think I'm gay.

As for being mistaken for female, only online! Cloudane apparently sounds a little feminine, and using characters such as Zidane or Vaan as an avatar never helps.

In combination, I did once (years ago) have a crush on this... person. I could not for the life of me tell if it was a she or a he (I think that's what made it interesting), and therefore could not judge whether I was straight, gay or bi.
(Subsequent crushes suggested straight territory)

Dr. Acula
08-08-2008, 03:40 AM
I used to get called a lesbian because I've never had a boyfriend, but now people have stopped saying that.

I used to have short hair and was called a boy all the time. It's only happened twice recently, by rude little kids who asked me if I was a boy or a girl. I'm not pretty, but surely I don't look like a dude...

On WoW hardly anyone believes me when I say I'm a girl, which is kinda understandable since not many girls actually play WoW.

Big D
08-08-2008, 03:43 AM
On WoW hardly anyone believes me when I say I'm a girl, which is kinda understandable since not many girls actually play WoW.While I don't play WoW, I know more girls than guys who do play... Perhaps that's because female WoWers manage to retain social lives outside the game, whereas guys often tend to get totally sucked in and lose their souls altogether:D

I'm somtimes mistaken for being gay/bi, but that tends to happen when you're long-haired, bearded and generally well-dressed and nice.

rubah
08-08-2008, 03:47 AM
a lot of people seem to think that 'ruby' is a guy's name in IRC. I never understood.

I don't think I've ever been mistaken for a boy or a lesbian. might have had some jealous people try to claim I was in 9th grade, but I just couldn't help having hot friends~ 8)

Vermachtnis
08-08-2008, 03:54 AM
I get called gay all the time because I don't show interest in girls, apparentally. It doesn't make sense when people say that because I don't show any interest in guys either.

On the internet I get mistaken for being younger and sometimes a girl than I really am because I act bubbly from time to time and my fondess for female avatars.