PDA

View Full Version : Your Top 10 Video Game Babes

Shin Gouken
07-30-2008, 12:42 PM
I imagine this is a topic that has been discussed numerous times before but i am in need of your help. I am writing an article in which to list the Top 20 video game babes.

I have a list of over 50 characters with an idea for the Top 5 but i dont want to make a list from my own opinions and i don't want to accidently leave out any babes who deserve to make the list.

So what i want you to do is make your opinions heard. Simpley list your top 10 video game babes. You can put them in order if you wish or give a description of why you have chosen them or you can just give a few names you think should make the list. Please put the game your character makes an appearance in and the console that game was released on.

All help apreciated

JKTrix
07-30-2008, 01:45 PM
Is there any particular criteria, besides just being female? It is pretty vague...not to mention being kind of done to death.

Rosalina (from Mario Galaxy) is God, btw. (http://gameoverthinker.blogspot.com/2008/04/episode-two-super-mario-sacred-feminine.html)

Shin Gouken
07-30-2008, 02:09 PM
There isn't any criteria. I don't want people to create their own top 10's as such, just give their personal favorites.

Momiji
07-30-2008, 02:53 PM
What if all of your favorite characters are from a series of indie/doujinshi PC vertically scrolling shooters (shmups) that relatively no one has heard of in comparison to games played on consoles because it's a niche market that's been pretty much forgotten in America because no one seems to play shmups anymore, but the series itself has a wide fanbase among people in that niche?

EDIT: Wow, that was one sentence. xP

Shin Gouken
07-30-2008, 03:26 PM
Trust EoFFers to be difficult :rolleyes2 keep it simple

I don't know what a schmup is but i doubt i care. If you want to list your characters from schmups then i will look into them of course. There's no reason why they can't be included just because they aren't mainstream

Momiji
07-30-2008, 03:42 PM
A shmup, like I said in my last post, is a vertically/horizontally scrolling shooting game. The word 'shmup' is simply an abbreviated version of 'shoot-em-up'.

http://forums.eyesonff.com/picture.php?albumid=54&pictureid=358
^ Like that.

Anyway, I'll list mine once I figure out a top 10. Do you want pictures, too?

Vyk
07-30-2008, 03:52 PM
Jade from Beyond Good and Evil. Years ago I would be yelling her name from the rooftop for you :P She was one of the most unique and believable heroines of the day, and one of the best voice acted ones too. In one of the best action adventure games to boot. She's a shoe-in

DK
07-30-2008, 05:26 PM
The only one worth mentioning is Zafira from Tekken 6. God damn she is hot.

Boney King
07-30-2008, 08:08 PM
Fat Princess.

Bunny
07-30-2008, 08:14 PM
There isn't any criteria. I don't want people to create their own top 10's as such, just give their personal favorites.

So what i want you to do is make your opinions heard. Simpley list your top 10 video game babes. You can put them in order if you wish or give a description of why you have chosen them or you can just give a few names you think should make the list. Please put the game your character makes an appearance in and the console that game was released on.

I am confused.

What purpose does this article exactly serve and who are you writing it for? Why would you write something as mundane and trivial as "top ten hottest video game babes"? Have you thought about writing something, I dunno, unique?

Yar
07-30-2008, 08:25 PM
:love:Fran:love:

Video game babes are whores anyway... :rolleyes2

Shin Gouken
07-30-2008, 08:57 PM
*Sigh*

The article is for Thatguywiththeglasses.com which is a site that reviews both new and nostalgic flims/games/t.v shows etc

The Nostalgia critic recently made a video of the top 11 animated babes and seeing as he specializes in films and t.v shows, i have decided to compile the same list for video games.

But rather than be hammered at for making a list of my own personal opinions on video game babes, i have decided to research the topic and to get people to nominate video game girls so i can make a more accurate list.

Momiji
07-30-2008, 09:05 PM
*Sigh*

The article is for Thatguywiththeglasses.com which is a site that reviews both new and nostalgic flims/games/t.v shows etc

The Nostalgia critic recently made a video of the top 11 animated babes and seeing as he specializes in films and t.v shows, i have decided to compile the same list for video games.

But rather than be hammered at for making a list of my own personal opinions on video game babes, i have decided to research the topic and to get people to nominate video game girls so i can make a more accurate list.

That's great and all, but you do know that your results here of all places will be rather skewed toward Final Fantasy characters (I mean, where do you think you are?), not to mention you have the unusual cases like myself whose favorite characters are so obscure you'd be hard-pressed to find 10 active members here who know who they are let alone name the game they're from.

The concept is totally acceptable, but honestly I don't think you're fully thinking this through.

Shin Gouken
07-30-2008, 09:17 PM
I can see you've already decided i'm an idiot. This isn't the only site i'm asking opinions from. This site will mostly be bias toward final fantasy just as the pokemonelite forums will of course be bias toward pokemon. Typical eoffers thinking they are the center of the internet.

If i'm not going to get any opinions here then this thread may as well be closed

Ki Ki
07-30-2008, 09:21 PM
He just wants to know who we think is the hottest video game girl! Honestly, I'm sure you all get the idea of what he's asking. :bored:
You don't need to bash him about the article he's writing and blablabla that's not what he asked you to do... SRSLY!

Anyways, I'd have to say Kitana from Mortal Kombat! :chef:

Bunny
07-30-2008, 09:44 PM
That's great and all, but you do know that your results here of all places will be rather skewed toward Final Fantasy characters (I mean, where do you think you are?), not to mention you have the unusual cases like myself whose favorite characters are so obscure you'd be hard-pressed to find 10 active members here who know who they are let alone name the game they're from.

Just because the site is mainly about Final Fantasy, does not mean that everyone here is a die hard superfan of the series. Personally, I am a casual player who enjoys Final Fantasy, but there are definitely better games out there. Also, name some of the games please.

I can see you've already decided i'm an idiot. This isn't the only site i'm asking opinions from. This site will mostly be bias toward final fantasy just as the pokemonelite forums will of course be bias toward pokemon. Typical eoffers thinking they are the center of the internet.

I wasn't calling you an idiot in my post. I was asking serious questions about your paper to get a gage on the article that is being written, you should be able to handle that if you are going to ask people a question like this and mention that it is for an article. I wasn't aware there were a lot of attractive females in Pokemon.

As far as the original question goes, I'm going to go with both Viki and Jeane as favorites. They are both from the Suikoden series.

I Took the Red Pill
07-30-2008, 09:56 PM
That's great and all, but you do know that your results here of all places will be rather skewed toward Final Fantasy characters (I mean, where do you think you are?),That's like someone making a thread about favorite animes and you saying they have a faulty logic because people here are predisposed to say Final Fantasy Unlimited (I mean, where do you think you are?).

not to mention you have the unusual cases like myself whose favorite characters are so obscure you'd be hard-pressed to find 10 active members here who know who they are let alone name the game they're from.It's not his fault you like unconventional things. We can't all like loli.

As for your topic, good sir, Sophitia from the Soul Caliburs.

Momiji
07-30-2008, 10:00 PM

If i'm not going to get any opinions here then this thread may as well be closed

I never said that at all. Believe me, if I thought you were an idiot, I'd say so. Furthermore, I was just stating a possibility that since this is a Final Fantasy forum, your chances of getting people to vote for Final Fantasy characters are significantly higher, so your opinions would be somewhat skewed.

Just because the site is mainly about Final Fantasy, does not mean that everyone here is a die hard superfan of the series. Personally, I am a casual player who enjoys Final Fantasy, but there are definitely better games out there. Also, name some of the games please.

Perfect Cherry Blossom, Imperishable Night, Mystic Square, The Embodiment of Scarlet Devil, Mountain of Faith, Scarlet Weather Rhapsody, and Phantasmagoria of Flower View, to name around half of them. :p

But since I see that this thread is going nowhere with idle chatter, here's my top 10.

10. Etna (Disgaea)
9. Yukari Takeba (Persona 3)
8. Flonne (Disgaea)
7. Rydia (Final Fantasy IV)
6. Mitsuru Kirijo (Persona 3)
5. Remilia Scarlet (Project Touhou series, first seen in Touhou 6: The Embodiment of Scarlet Devil)
4. Marisa Kirisame (Project Touhou character, seen in almost every game since Touhou 2: The Story of Eastern Wonderland)
3. Alice Margatroid (Project Touhou character, first seen in Touhou 5: Mystic Square)
2. Yukari Yakumo (Project Touhou character, first seen in Touhou 7: Perfect Cherry Blossom)
1. Yuyuko Saigyouji (Project Touhou character, first seen in Touhou 7: Perfect Cherry Blossom)

There. :)

EDIT:

That's great and all, but you do know that your results here of all places will be rather skewed toward Final Fantasy characters (I mean, where do you think you are?),That's like someone making a thread about favorite animes and you saying they have a faulty logic because people here are predisposed to say Final Fantasy Unlimited (I mean, where do you think you are?).

I didn't mean it like that.

not to mention you have the unusual cases like myself whose favorite characters are so obscure you'd be hard-pressed to find 10 active members here who know who they are let alone name the game they're from.It's not his fault you like unconventional things. We can't all like loli.

Never said you had to. :p

qwertysaur
07-30-2008, 10:11 PM
1) Raine Sage from Tales of Symphonia. What do you think of when you hear healer. Raine is pretty much the opposite in most regards. She is never hesitant to hit to get her point across, is a terrible cook, and yet she is very loyal to her friends. Also getting a little insane over ruins, Raine is an amazing character who I remember so well from the Tales series

2) Aerith Gainsborough from FF VII. If Tifa is memorable among the living, Aerith is one of the first characters that comes to your mind when you think FF VII. She makes the ultimate sacrifice for her world, and her death is one of the most iconic moments in FF history.

3)GLaDOS is female enough, and is an amazing character with some of the best quotes ever.

4)Tifa from FF VII. OMG Boobies! Once you get beyond that, Tifa is a strong woman who is never afraid to fight for her beliefs. Willing to take a sacrifice, and having an epic fight with Scarlet, Tifa is one of the most memorable Final Fantasy characters who lived to the end of her game, at least for me.

5)Midna from The Legend of Zelda, Twilight Princess. Completely different from other female roles in Zelda, Midna is a little imp with big personality, and bigger backstory.

6)Tetra/Zelda from The Legend of Zelda, the Wind Waker. She is a different incarnation of Zelda, not afraid to do what she wants, and actually helps in the final fight, sort of.

7)Yuna from FF X because of what she does and is willing to sacrifice to save the world and people she loves.

8) Celes Chere from FF VI. Celes is one of the two main characters from the world of FF VI. She sticks out to me because she was torn between the two sides in the World of Balance, and she had to rebuild both her own and the rest of the parties confidence in the World of Ruin to take down Kefka.

9) Princess Peach from the Mario Series. Her talents are, getting kidnapped, playing random sports and party games, smacking enemies with her umbrella and frying pan, and being in another castle. You can't forget who peach is ever once you play a mario game, even if she is often simply the damsel in distress

10) Lulu from FF X. Lulu is a very interesting character. She has had sin takes so much from her, her parents and her first love. She knows that Yuna will die after the final summoning, and deep down she wishes she can save her, but she knows that since she can't, she will protect Yuna with her life. However, when Yuna rejects the final summoning, Lulu is among the first to literally jump in and fight Sin head on.

Edit: Forgot my other characters that I feel are amazing, bot not in the top 10.
Mitsuru Kirijo from Persona 3
Princess Zelda from The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
Silk Fox from Jade Empire
The pokemon Jynx
Fuuka Yamagishi from persona 3

Shin Gouken
07-30-2008, 10:21 PM
Some nice choices keep em coming :)

And also i apologise if i was short tempered or seemed rude in earlier posts, it just didn't get off to a good start :)

Depression Moon
07-30-2008, 10:42 PM
Here's mine
10.Bebedora (Arc the Lad) because she's creepy and can take control over your mind.
9.Xaiyou (Tekken series) Because she's cute
8.Lara Croft (Tomb Raider) Because she's not somebody to mess with
7.Sonya (Mortal Kombat) ^^ and she's hot
6.Princess Peach (Mario Bros. Series) Just because she's apart of the mario series
5.Christie Montiero (Tekken Series) Because she's hot
4. Princess Zelda (TLoZ) Because she's eloquent and powerul
3. Lulu (FFX) Because she has large breasts and is a black mage
2. Fran (FFXII) Because her body, ears, and voice are all hot
1.Chun Li (Street Fighter series) I don't know

scrumpleberry
07-30-2008, 10:57 PM
Can you stick in Millenia from Grandia 2? I know she's not very mainstream, but she's still extremely hawt. Everyone else I would have thought of has already been mentioned.

Croyles
07-31-2008, 01:10 PM
Raiden........no wait......
Tidus.......huh?
Squall........

Its like my inner brain is trying to tell me something is wrong with those entries, but my outer brain is accepting it as perfectly valid........

N EWEZ1!!1 coZ im l33t il be sihriahhhs & be sharing me wisdumb.

1. Lara Croft - Yes yes too predictable bla bla bla. A hot body (its debatable) isnt the only thing shes got. Shes clever and cunning and will kick you in the nuts if you make a wrong move! The female-in-a-video-game icon that started it all (also debatable). Obviously, everything has changed and she is now totally sexist OMGWTFBBQ!

2. Elena Fisher (from Uncharted: Drake's Fortune) - Fun, daring, cunning, cute and packs a punch*.
*See Drake's left cheek for details.

3. Lulu - A nice refreshing character from too many manga inspired personalities. Granted, a belt skirt is something only final fantasy or a manga artist would come up with, but im talking about personality.

Emm thats all I can think of at the moment.

Shin Gouken
07-31-2008, 01:39 PM
That's the first mention of Lara Croft ive had so far. She's been in 1st or 2nd place in most of the top10-top50 lists ive found but strangely noone has picked her but you.

I'll leave this up until the end of the day (GMT+1 time) tomorrow i'll pull everyones opinions together and compare that to the research ive done and start making some final decisions on who will make the list and where the choices will be placed.

Egami
07-31-2008, 04:01 PM
I'll try to add some info for each later but here is my list for now:

1- Lady Yunalesca (FF X)
2- Aerith and Tifa (FF VII)
3- Lady Aribeth (Neverwinter Nights)
4- Kaileena (Prince of Persia)
5- Sarah Kerrigan (Starcraft)
6- Meryl Silverburgh (MGS 1 and 4)
7- The Boss (MGS 3)
8- Ashe (FF XII)
9- Xenobia and Royce (Lunar Silverstar Story)
10- Erim (Lufia II)

Gilghamut
07-31-2008, 04:27 PM
In no particular order:

The Boss (MGS3) Strong both mentally and physically; she's pretty appealing because of it
Fuuka (Persona 3) She's pretty cute
Chihiro (Persona 3) Cute as well
Tifa (FFVII)
Riku (FFX)
Elena Fisher (Uncharted)
Elly (Xenogears)
Meryl Silverburgh (MGS series, but mostly MGS4 Version)

That's all I can come up with

Tabris
07-31-2008, 05:18 PM
Lulu (FF-X)
Yuna (FF-X)
Ashe (FF-XII)
Fran (FF-XII)
Celes (FF-VI)
Terra (FF-VI)
Rinoa (FF-VIII)
Aeris (FF-VII)

That's only eight, but I will stop there.

demondude
08-02-2008, 02:46 PM
I don't get the Lulu fetish, I thought she was pretty ugly.

Raebus
08-02-2008, 03:30 PM
She had huge breasts, mind.