PDA

View Full Version : New Dissidia Scans: Onion Knight and Cloud of Darkness

The Crystal
07-30-2008, 06:54 PM
http://www.gamekyo.com/Webmasters/Images/58201120080730_141851_0_big.jpg

Elpizo
07-30-2008, 07:24 PM
I'm quite dissapointed, as a FF III fan.

No DS-version main characters (even as an Onion Knight)? Cloud of Darkness that doesn't look like Cloud of Darkness? Meh. Onion Knight design is cool, but Cloud of Darkness looks like Ultimecia 2 with snakes.

One positive point: now we know for sure Cloud of Darkness is female, and not genderless or male.

Rase
07-30-2008, 09:00 PM
Needed more hot females anyway.

Egami
07-30-2008, 09:04 PM
This game has been sparking my interest as of late. The trailer looked cool and I am intriged by the cast and what it will really be about. I think Cloud of Darkness is a nice addition to the bosses. I am not sure who they will add from X if any but Yunalesca would defly rock :D

Hopefully it is not some bliztball player...

Jessweeee♪
07-30-2008, 09:31 PM
You mean that's not Ultimecia o.O

The Crystal
07-30-2008, 10:14 PM
I am not sure who they will add from X if any but Yunalesca would defly rock :D

Bad news for you:

http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-final-fantasy/117930-new-dissidia-screenshots.html

Egami
07-30-2008, 10:42 PM
I am not sure who they will add from X if any but Yunalesca would defly rock :D

Bad news for you:

http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-final-fantasy/117930-new-dissidia-screenshots.html

Hehe...bah. Oh well...:)

scrumpleberry
07-30-2008, 10:51 PM
Yeah, that's odd. I wonder why they didn't put Luneth in.

IF THEY DON'T PUT TERRA IN I WILL HUNT THEM DOWN.

The Crystal
07-30-2008, 11:39 PM

Because this game is about the original FF games. But Luneth is a new character, created only for the remake.

Rantz
07-30-2008, 11:45 PM
Oh wow, a good 10% of her body seems to be covered. Good one, SE, we haven't seen that trick before.

scrumpleberry
07-31-2008, 12:02 AM

Because this game is about the original FF games. But Luneth is a new character, created only for the remake.

I just felt that because the remake added so much more depth it would sort of become the official FFIII. Oh well, whatever. I'm not fussed anyway, just thought it was weird.

Karellen
07-31-2008, 04:07 AM
Oh wow, a good 10% of her body seems to be covered. Good one, SE, we haven't seen that trick before.
Her entire torso was exposed in the original.

I'm not really digging the new design either. As someone mentioned, it look way too similar to Ultimecia. Why they went with CoD and not Xande is beyond me. Although it's probably because:

The Crystal
07-31-2008, 04:50 AM
Why they went with CoD and not Xande is beyond me. Although it's probably because:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Zande just a pawn of the CoD(like Golbez was a pawn of Zemus/Zeromus)? So, wasn't CoD the real villain of the story?

But thinking again, they added Golbez instead of Zemus/Zeromus, so they could have added Zande.

Elpizo
07-31-2008, 08:58 PM
Zande was the villain, Cloud of Darkness was a being he accidentally summoned and became a pawn of. But it was Zande who started all the trouble in III, and so me thinks he's the villain.

Golbez and Zemus copied Zande and Cloud of Darkness anyway. And there's no doubt Golbez was IV's villain.

Bolivar
07-31-2008, 10:18 PM
^ but you could say xande and CoD copied The Devil and Palamecia, or Chaos and Garland. It's an FF thing.

this game is really shaping into something cool, I'm starting to wonder just how many characters are going to be in it. All of the major ones? Makes me wish I could figure out a way to win a free PSP.

Egami
07-31-2008, 10:23 PM
I am actually torn between the PSP and the DS...really....between FF I and II, Crisis Core, Dissidia and what not on the PSP and the remakes on the DS...I may end up getting both (not!). Why can't SE just stick to a single console :greenie:

Masamunemaster
08-01-2008, 01:22 AM
I would go with a PSP if I was you, I have both... and the PSP is better in my opinion

Elpizo
08-01-2008, 08:39 AM
^ but you could say xande and CoD copied The Devil and Palamecia, or Chaos and Garland. It's an FF thing.

this game is really shaping into something cool, I'm starting to wonder just how many characters are going to be in it. All of the major ones? Makes me wish I could figure out a way to win a free PSP.
Not quite. You never face the devil, nor is the devil an important person or even an enemy you face. Just the emperor. ANd one could argue that Chaos is just another form of Garland. Xande and Cloud of Darkness are two seperate beings and you face both of them. Just like Golbez and Zemus. Sure it's a FF thing, but Golbez and Zemus thingy was a more obvious copy of Xande and Cloud of Darkness than X and COD was of any previous FF villain. And besides, the copying of Golbez and Zemus is just a standard for FF IV. IV reused a lot of elements from III.

Bolivar
08-01-2008, 11:30 PM
And besides, the copying of Golbez and Zemus is just a standard for FF IV. IV reused a lot of elements from III.

^ indeed, there was actually a developer interview where either Tanaka or Ishii stated IV was a compliation of the FF's that were released up to that point.

Jessweeee♪
08-01-2008, 11:43 PM
I am actually torn between the PSP and the DS...really....between FF I and II, Crisis Core, Dissidia and what not on the PSP and the remakes on the DS...I may end up getting both (not!). Why can't SE just stick to a single console :greenie:

Personally I like the DS better because of visual novel games like the Ace Attorney series ♥

Egami
08-02-2008, 01:13 PM
I would go with a PSP if I was you, I have both... and the PSP is better in my opinion

I think it will be the PSP eventually...it also has Parasite Eve 3 and FF Agito XIII coming to it. Lots of games.

Raebus
08-02-2008, 02:07 PM

Personally I like the DS better because of visual novel games like the Ace Attorney series ♥

Same here ^__^

Goldenboko
08-02-2008, 02:08 PM

Not really. The Emperor became the lord of hell (and according to Dawn of Souls Heaven as well o.o). Bit different then accidentally summoning someone entirely new.

ReloadPsi
08-02-2008, 06:32 PM
One positive point: now we know for sure Cloud of Darkness is female, and not genderless or male.

The breasts didn't already give it away?

But she does look kind of naff. But hey, that's how too-open-to-interpretation Amano artwork is.

Elpizo
08-02-2008, 09:07 PM

The breasts didn't already give it away?

But she does look kind of naff. But hey, that's how too-open-to-interpretation Amano artwork is.

You'd be surprised how many people referred to her as 'it' or 'he'.

The Crystal
08-06-2008, 05:28 PM
New scans:

http://www.gamekyo.com/Webmasters/Images/58201120080806_100835_0_big.jpg

Elpizo
08-06-2008, 06:44 PM
Well, the green hair on Cloud of Darkness is better. She looks more recognizable now. And Onion Knight can apparently change jobs. Still weird to see Cloud of Darkness with legs, though.

Obsidian
08-06-2008, 08:52 PM
The screenshots seem to show both a red/gray and the traditional green version of Cloud of Darkness. The red/gray form probably represents that orange-ish form she appears to you as when she speaks to you before the final battle in the NES version.

With that in mind, it seems that all of the villains will have some sort of metamorphosis. Garland => Chaos, Palamacia => Lord of Hell, Kuja => trance Kuja, etcetera. This probably means we can expect to see things like godly Kefka and one-winged Sephiroth.

Unstoppable Pig
08-11-2008, 02:29 PM
Where are VI and V characters?

Terra and Faris should be fighting too. Bartz is cool but there are already enough around 20 years old males so Faris and Terra are needed.

Cool that Onion Knight can turn into Ninja or Sage. Wonder if he will have any dialogue.