PDA

View Full Version : Stats? What should I build?

Saber
07-31-2008, 04:51 AM
I'm gonna get straight to the point. What are the stats for the characters at level 99. I'm asking this cause I don't wanna over load HP bonuses and then have 9999 hp at level 70 I wanna try to do it right and not overload. I figure most of the other stats you really don't have to worry cause even at level 99 you won't be maxed out. Or you might be, I don't know.

Another thing is what have you found is the best thing to max out? The question is would you want str def or speed? There are many ways you can do this and I'm just wondering what it is that you level up.

Yar
07-31-2008, 05:06 AM
There is no definite answer to what their stats are at 99 because Espers have bonuses that are applied whenever the character levels up. Esper X may give a +5 to strength while Esper Y may give +5 to magic.

All of the stats are actually pretty useful, so I can't really say which is the most important. It depends on what the character does. Strength won't mean anything for a character that solely uses magic. Same with magic to a tank.

Personally I like to have a high speed stat because in a way it can sort of double your attack, along with other things. If you're fast enough you can attack twice in the time it may take another character to attack once!

Roto13
07-31-2008, 05:26 AM
All of the stats are actually pretty useful,

Evade. :P

Saber
07-31-2008, 05:31 AM
I'm asking if anyone knows what everyones stats would be without using espers. pretty much I'm gonna gain Hp Mp str and magic. I'm not a big fan of speed.

Yar
07-31-2008, 05:41 AM
This guide claims to give you perfect stats (http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/snes/file/554041/42631), but you cannot exceed the levels it outlines.

Saber
07-31-2008, 05:59 AM
This guide claims to give you perfect stats (http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/snes/file/554041/42631), but you cannot exceed the levels it outlines.

Yeah this pretty much covers it. I've been looking on the internet all day. Too bad I was searching FFVI cause this is a FFIII faq. I wonder why they named VI III for the super nes. Didn't this game come out after V?

Me myself I like to have 9999hp and 999mp for all my final Fantasies. but since I could get some Economizer the 999mp isn't that big of a deal. So I'll vigor and m.def my fighters stats and m.attack and m.def my mages.

Roto13
07-31-2008, 04:06 PM
They skipped II and III in the US so they just turned IV into II. Then they skipped V so they made VI into III.

CelestialStarDust
08-14-2008, 06:45 PM

can you build up evade from esper stats?

Flying Mullet
08-14-2008, 06:55 PM

can you build up evade from esper stats?
Only Vigor, Stamina, Magic, Speed, Hit Points and Magic Points.

And I always mix up how I do stats. Sometimes I'll give people specific stats based on their character type, i.e. Sabin and Cyan get Vigor for physical attacks, Locke gets Speed for his thieving ways(even though speed doesn't affect the success of Steal/Mug), Terra and Celes get Magic for their magic attacks, etc.... Other times I'll try a well-rounded group and get everyone to around 60 or so of each attribute. And yet other times I might try to max out HP and MP as early as possible through espers. Since the game's not difficult without any stat gains, it just depends upon how I want to play the game at that specific time.