PDA

View Full Version : What's going to happen to Brett Favre?

Clouded Sky
07-31-2008, 04:26 PM
Let me propose a game!

Now that Favre has filed for reinstatement, what do you think is going to happen???

Will the Packers not let him go and have him sit under Aaron Rodgers??? Will he be traded??? WHERE? Will he be any good??? Rumor has it talks might be back on with Minnesota, but wouldn't that be silly? What are your thoughts?

Yar
07-31-2008, 08:23 PM
He'll be traded to the Chicago Fire for a draft pick.

El Bandito
08-04-2008, 05:51 AM
I expect him to be traded to the Vikings pretty soon now.

Can you imagine the circus that Packers training camp will be if they actually let him compete for the starting job? Obviously he'll win pretty easily and even if by some miracle Rodgers does end up beating him, the pressure to not make a single mistake during the season lest the fans start a "BRING BACK BRETT!" chant will be ridiculous.

Del Murder
08-04-2008, 06:11 AM
He'll go on to be the new setup guy for the New York Yankees.

Bunny
08-04-2008, 05:59 PM
If the Packers don't reinstate him, he'll probably take a contract with Minnesota. If the Packers do reinstate him, they'll probably trade him or make him sit unless it is otherwise noted in his contract.

Dude needs to just shut up and retire, he's past his prime.

Goldenboko
08-04-2008, 06:12 PM
He'll go on to be the new setup guy for the New York Yankees.

No didn't you hear? He's getting traded for Manny Ramirez.

Tavrobel
08-04-2008, 07:00 PM
He really needs to know when to stop. Especially in changing his mind. After the summer, there's no way he's going back to Green Bay, especially since there's no reason for the Packers to take him back; they need to look onward toward the future, which could very well mean him on the other side of the field.

Hilarity ensues after one year.

El Bandito
08-07-2008, 06:25 AM
FOX Sports on MSN - NFL - Packers trade Favre to Jets (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8381934/Packers-trade-Favre-to-Jets)

Wow...definitely didn't think Favre would actually want to play there.

Maybe they can pull a Giants-esque run this year. Even with Favre, the Jets definitely have no shot at winning the division.

Cz
08-07-2008, 11:03 AM
I liked the Viking rumours, if only because I wanted to see how Packers fans would react to him in purple. This is still quite a satisfying conclusion, since to have Favre stay in Green Bay would have been really unfair on Aaron Rodgers, who gets a deserved chance to prove himself with Brett out of the picture.

Raistlin
08-07-2008, 03:26 PM
Oh wow, the Jets gave up the conditional first-rounder. Though of course, it is the Jets, so since it's apparently based on team performance as well as Favre's performance, the Jets don't need to worry about losing that first round pick.