PDA

View Full Version : If There Were Two Armies 10,000 Strong...

Yar
07-31-2008, 08:43 PM
...and each army was made of solely one class, which army would win? :confused:

In a war between Knights and White Mages, I think I'd have to go with the White Mages. Why? Sure they have like 0 strength, but they would just exhaust the Knights until the Knights died. :x_x: The Knights may knock some down, but then they'd just be raised. Then the mages would just beat into the knights. It may take forever, but they'd go down... Trust me. :cool:

What army would beat what other army? Please name both of the armies' jobs and provide a reasoning! :eek:

Tavrobel
07-31-2008, 08:54 PM
An Army of Paladins/MKnights. They stop splitting enemies, can do damage of the same output as Knights, and they know White Magic.

Either that or an army of Black Mages. Even if one dies, the others are still casting devastating area-of-effect magic, that can target multiple enemies, and in most cases, ignore magical defenses as Reflect and Shell. I'm not fan of offensive magic, but it does have scaling effectiveness. Meteo + Ultima. Yes, please.

By the same method with strong AoE, Dark Knights spamming Darkness could also win, if only they didn't cut themselves in the process. They also generally have large HP pools and excellent defenses. That more than makes up for their lack of speed.

These three would wipe the floor against anything else. Alchemists have strong healing/offensive capabilities, but due to their low stats overall, they would probably be finished before they could use anything. Also, their offensive capabilities can be quite random.

Saber
07-31-2008, 10:24 PM
I'd like to see an army of paladins and dark knights. the dark knights would do more damage (but not much) and the paladin would cure themselves (with cura or cure2) afterwards towards the end they only two thats left is one dark knight and one paladin. Strangely enough they both get in a brawl and like superman and doomsday they fight until both of them die. Unlike superman though they stay dead!!

blackmage_nuke
07-31-2008, 10:45 PM
Army of Gamblers. I mean 10000 slots, one of them has to be that one that kills all your enemies.

Vermachtnis
07-31-2008, 11:15 PM
Army of Gamblers. I mean 10000 slots, one of them has to be that one that kills all your enemies.

Of course they'd also get the move that'd kill their side as well. 20000 lives snuffed out in a single move. The Jedis are gonna fell that :D

Jessweeee♪
08-01-2008, 07:48 AM
Summoners!

Marky Tee
08-02-2008, 10:18 AM
10 000 knights would waste 10 000 white mages
sure the mages can heal but the knights could take them out quick enough for that not to matter

Rantz
08-02-2008, 10:41 AM
Red Mages, duh. Against anyone. Start off with a barrage of well-chosen status spells like Mini, Frog, Blind, Silence, Sleep (depending on other army's class) and some Time magic. Then they can either go hack and slash or keep casting spells. In the unlikely event that a few from the other side manage to escape all status effects and inflict some marginal damage to the RMs, whatever. Make a few hundred attack them, and a few hundred heal the (very minor) wounds.

Come on, tell me one class that could beat that.

ReloadPsi
08-02-2008, 06:46 PM
Black Mages would stand a chance in huge numbers, so I'd feel somewhat inclined to go with them. At high enough levels they do gain access to spells that can't be reflected and are capable of damaging multiple enemies. 10,000 Ultimas would decimate almost any army before it could blink.

...uh, why is everyone staring at me so strangely?

In the same vain, 10,000 Time Mages can all cast Meteor and they can cast some stuff to hinder their enemies: a barrage of Slowgas in tandem with a barrage of Meteors to cripple the survivors, stopping them attacking before the next barrage of Meteors. Yeah, I'll go with Time Mages.

Tonepoet
08-03-2008, 03:03 AM
10,000 monks beats 10,000 thieves handily. Why? The Monks have no worthwhile weapons to steal so the thief's primary ability would be something of a comparative waste. With nothing to loot, it's even possible that the thieves would all try to rob each other instead.

Hyperion4444
08-03-2008, 04:10 PM
SeeDs, there balanced, easy to max out, and they're elite force!
lol.
just joking.

ReloadPsi
08-03-2008, 04:17 PM
SeeDs, there balanced, easy to max out, and they're elite force!
lol.
just joking.

Actually that's kind of an awesome idea. It just leads one to wonder about how diverse the 10,000+ GFs they're all using would be... is there enough mythology from the "real" world to go round?

If I were in that army I'd insist on being the one to junction whichever GF gets modelled after the norse deity Loki ^^

Formalhaut
08-03-2008, 04:35 PM
White mages do have Holy... So they can still kill people. id have to agree knights would get slaughtered by the White mages.

FFIX Choco Boy
08-04-2008, 01:16 PM
10,000 monks/black belts would destroy anything. Their innately high HP, accuracy and attack stats make them able to take a great deal of hits, and give twice as many back at four times the power. Sure they have no armor, but that just makes them faster as well.