PDA

View Full Version : Eyes on Plays Final Fantasy MQ!

Shoeberto
08-01-2008, 06:07 AM
Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest

That's right, everyone! This month's Eyes on Plays is the one everyone has been looking forward to! Truly the most revolutionary entry of the series, this is the one that is claimed to have brought the Final Fantasy series to the newest generation, with innovative features such as a battle system, I assume, and some sort of plot involving evil, and also a character that may or may not use a sword. I'll do Wikipedia to fact check later.

Anyways, this is it! Here is the obligatory stuff.

Eyes on Plays Final Fantasy Mystic Quest Rules
When you begin the game, please post a digital camera picture or a screenshot in this thread of your game that has your party clearly visible on the screen. You MUST do this to be eligible for participation in the Challenges; we have to be able to see the names, classes, etc. of your party so we can compare it to your finishing party, and make sure you don't just stick in a memory card or load up a save state without putting in the effort.
That's right, you must also post a picture from the END of the game in this thread with your same party being displayed. This way we can confirm whether or not you met the criteria for any/all of the challenges: what level your party is, what class they are, etc.
You CAN play the game on an emulator, and you CAN give us a screenshot of that. Just don't go talking about where you got the rom (http://www.eyesonff.com/ffmq/ffmq.rar), mmkay? ADDENDUM: Also, don't go using frameskip on us. That's just plain wrong.
You can achieve as many challenges as you want, and yes, you will be able to show off your winnings in some manner once this event is over.

Gold Star Challenges
Play It On A SNES Challenge: Pics or it didn't happen!

No Whinin' Club: Post in this thread to commence the game, then follow up with screenshots all the way to its conclusion - but none of your posts may involve whining, complaining or griping about the game!

The One Character Challenge Obligatory, boring. Just do it. Jerks.

All Characters Max Level Can the characters go to 99 in this game? I don't know. Just do whatever is the max. In fact, forget this challenge. I'm going to make my own.

All Characters Level 47 Post an end-game screenshots with all characters level 47.

Silver Star Challenges
Onion Knights Only I don't know what this means. I just copied it from foa's FFIII thread.

No Whitespaces All characters must have their entire namespace filled up. Bonus points for creativity!

Completion Challenge - Over 50 Hours Take over 50 hours to beat the game. I dare you!

Wanksta Challenge Or just beat the game normally... wanksta.

Funniest Walkthrough Just TRY and beat my incredible wit. Have at you!

Minuteman This is just trying to beat the game before anyone else but I thought this title was funnier than the original challenge's name.

Okay! Get to it! You have until September!

rubah
08-01-2008, 06:31 AM
*sighs*
I think you should erase that about not using turbo :} or at least just for 'first one to finish'.

Roto13
08-01-2008, 06:50 AM
You've gotta be smurfing with me. xD

After reading the challenges, you are indeed. xD

Xalioniaf
08-01-2008, 07:24 AM
Funniest walkthrough means we gotta post our progress periodically? I can dig that.
Had this been but a few months earlier, I could've snatched a SNES copy from a friend. But, alas, he moved away.
I'll get to it once I wrap up FFIVDS.

Heath
08-01-2008, 10:10 AM
Never played it, but I think I might be willing to take part. Or at least attempt to play the game.

Flying Mullet
08-01-2008, 01:55 PM
What a fitting tribute to such a fabulous game. :)

Denmark
08-01-2008, 03:12 PM
I'm gonna go for Onion Knights only!

ljkkjlcm9
08-01-2008, 03:24 PM
It's too bad I don't have my SNES down here with me atm. That's what I get for moving into a new apartment and only having enough space in my car for certain things. I totally coulda pwn'd everyone!

THE JACKEL

Yar
08-01-2008, 04:05 PM
How do you attach screenshots rather than hosting them and then linking them here? :confused:

Flying Mullet
08-01-2008, 04:07 PM
When you post a reply(not quick reply), there is an option at the bottom to manage attachments. You can select the files(images) that you want to attach to your post there.

Denmark
08-01-2008, 04:18 PM
Thank you, list of 8-letter first names!

Yar
08-01-2008, 05:00 PM
I don't know if I was supposed to take the Crystal when I saved it or not, so it's just sitting there.

Shoeberto
08-01-2008, 05:02 PM
You've gotta be smurfing with me. xD

After reading the challenges, you are indeed. xD
DISQUALIFIED FROM NO WHININ' CLUB

Levian
08-01-2008, 05:31 PM
My Reactions to this thread:

"...why is rubah posting a picture from Mystic Quest? eh whatever, I never get her jokes, carry on"

"hey... wait a minute, this isn't the FFIV forum!"

Exdeath
08-01-2008, 05:40 PM
Im taking the gold challenge, that's right. I'll post pics of my SNES with the cart when I get to a computer with an SD card slot.

Denmark
08-01-2008, 06:23 PM
Earth Crystal!

Xalioniaf
08-01-2008, 06:59 PM
The most action-packed opening ever, featuring the most action-packed name ever!

Exdeath
08-01-2008, 07:15 PM
My Adventure begins! After ensuring I have the proper setup (Pic 1), I set out for adventure (pic 2). My first act is kicking the ass of some weak Behemoth (pic 3), then saving the Level Forest. Myself and some chick I picked up encounter this Minotaur (pic 4), whom we promply disposed of. She got all sick, so I have to head out to some temple to pick up her perscription. On the way, some Ninja comes out and steals it before I can, so I have to bribe him with treasure from some cave to get it.

Exdeath
08-01-2008, 07:31 PM
Managing to infiltrate the dungeon, I make my way through hordes of monsters (pic 1). My Ninja comrade and I stumble upon Trogdor, and proceed to kick his arse (pics 2,3,4). We find the treasure we were looking for, as well as the Earth Crystal that old man was babbling about (pic 4). After saving the crystal, my only reward is getting that one girl's meds and a new mission. Not being one to whine, I set out for Aquaria, and inevitably, to save the world.

Xalioniaf
08-01-2008, 07:55 PM
Having barely escaped the mysterious force of The Quake apparently devouring his entire town, Armoiree decided the best course of action would be to climb a mountain. Upon his ascent he happened upon an old man. Armoiree questioned the mysterious stranger on the happenings, which the old man promptly ignored in favor of getting the hell off the mountain [1]. The old man, of course, had instinct (as all old men do), and was able to tell by Armoiree's unkempt hair and stubby little arms that he was the Knight of prophecy [2].
Suddenly, with with some of the most convenient timing, a super strong Behemoth attacks the young knight! [3] Despite lacking the trademark purple fur and all around nastiness of a Behemoth, this must be the destined battle, right?
Well, unfortunately the Behemoth goes down fast. One of the staples of Final Fantasy douchebaggary, reduced to a tutorial boss.
Afterwards, the old man admits he's a senile old coot who doesn't know jack [4], but nonetheless feels that he is right about Armoiree's destiny.
And thus, with the mountains behind him all but destroyed the moment he steps off, he heads to Level One.
Err... Level Forest. [5]

Xalioniaf
08-01-2008, 08:05 PM
Ready to begin a grand adventure with the old man, Armoiree is disheartened to find out that the old man's amnesia has kicked in at the worst possible moment, and the old man runs off to experience his own adventures (which were to be covered in Final Fantasy Mystic Quest 2, but alas...) [1].
Armoiree soon discovers that, despite his gravity-defying jump (Provided by Air Jordans™), he cannot leap over small trees [2]. He can, however, leap over old men to push boulders, which he does with such style that this new old man, too, feels he can trust the young Armoiree to save the world. He tells Armoiree that if he wishes to progress through the forest, he must call upon the aid of a woman named Kaeli. But, since she's a tree-hugging hippy who would otherwise refuse to chop down trees, the old man hands Armoiree a rare Tree Wither [3] to prove to Kaeli that the woods right outside of her home town are dying.
And so Armoiree continues his adventure by heading east, to Foresta. [4]
(A fun fact: The Town of Foresta was named so because after cutting down the large redwoods to create the stumps their houses are made of, the mayor stated "F' it, we'll call it Foresta.")

Flying Mullet
08-01-2008, 08:12 PM
Today my SNES and I embarked on a most excellent journey, also known as Final Fantasy Mystic quest, with the totally rad hero, "Hey dude".

Roto13
08-01-2008, 08:21 PM
I see a Guitar Hero II box peeking out from behind your TV. :P

Flying Mullet
08-01-2008, 08:31 PM
I see a Guitar Hero III box peeking out from behind your TV. :P
:chef:

Exdeath
08-01-2008, 08:35 PM
Quick question, before I continue my quest, shouldn't we be doing FF4?

Yar
08-01-2008, 08:43 PM

YES! We should! :mad:
But we aren't so I'm going take my anger out on others. :mad2:

Mully, you need to clean your TV area! :mad2::mad2:

Flying Mullet
08-01-2008, 08:47 PM
http://forums.eyesonff.com/feedback-forum/119210-so-does-mean-theres-no-non-stupid-eyeson-plays-month.html

Exdeath
08-01-2008, 08:48 PM
One of us could just start a "EOFF plays" thread. But meh, MQ is easy, so it won't be long.

Flying Mullet
08-01-2008, 08:52 PM
Final Fantasy IV DS isn't being released until the beginning of September in Europe so Eyes on FFIV was postponed until September so Europe can join in with FFIV on the DS if they want to. Thus we're doing a one month Eyes on with Mystic Quest to spice things up.

Exdeath
08-01-2008, 08:57 PM
Damn, and thats when school starts and I'll have no time to play. CURSE YOU SQUARE-ENIX!

Xalioniaf
08-01-2008, 09:12 PM
Soon after arriving in Foresta, Armoiree commits to one of the biggest rules of Heroes of Prophecy: breaking and entering. Eying the house nearest the entrance, Armoiree barges right in, only to find that the person he's looking for conveniently lives here. Armoiree explains the situation to Kaeli, who seems rather eager to leave the house [1]. Her mother, however, has other plans, which are conveniently cast aside when Armoiree unveils the Tree Wither. Armoiree wins over Kaeli [2] (who didn't really need convincing, but hey, you can't be a Hero of Prophecy if you're not a winner), and the two set out for their grand adventure.
Before leaving, Armoiree chats it up with the townies. Among them are a schizophrenic who believes he is the old man from the opening(since no one could feasibly know you are the Hero of Legend, it's been like ten minutes), a young lady who allows you to take a 1-second power nap in her bed, and an old man who is startled by the sudden onset of aging [3; animated].
Armoiree also comes upon the old man he helped out back in Level Forest [4]. The man is thankful for Armoiree's assistance, and offers him the contents of the chest in the back of his house. What he neglects to mention is that it's it's blocked by unjumpable barrels [5]. One can only imagine, due to the dated nature of the graphics, the small, crooked smile that creaked across the old man's lips as he saw Armoiree attempt to leave over the barrels he so cleverly set up.

Xalioniaf
08-01-2008, 09:35 PM
The demented old man's plans are soon foiled, as rocks behind his home lead to the chest, containing the Cure spell [1]. Having already raided the rest of the town prior, the duo set out to Level Forest.
The Forest Level contains many unique creatures, such as Goblins... [2]
Err... Brownies... [3]
As well as Slimes. They can both be very nasty if they all aim for Armoiree, which amazingly they don't. Kaeli takes all the hits like the big, strong axe-wielding woman she is, while Armoiree attacks with his pitiful sword while occasionally healing.
Eventually the duo clears out the local fauna to extinction. With nowhere else to turn, Armoiree heads to the glowing Plot Tree [4]. Sure enough the glowing tree sets off Kaeli's invisible bullcrap senses [5].

Roto13
08-01-2008, 09:36 PM
Damn, and thats when school starts and I'll have no time to play. CURSE YOU SQUARE-ENIX!

It's small. Play it during class. :P

Exdeath
08-01-2008, 09:48 PM
My PSP can emulate SNES, so I might try that. :)
ALSO: at the Ice pyramid, episode 2 coming soon!

Xalioniaf
08-01-2008, 09:49 PM
The tree transmogrifies into a minotaur, which immediately takes Kaeli's axe as a threat to his well-being and strikes her down with a poison. Fortunately for Armoiree, she's still got the power to fight. The two attack the Minotaur, who puts up a formidable fight, but goes down at the end. It's worthwhile to note that the Minotaur is probably related to Rubicante in some way, as he gets closer and closer to flashing you as he takes damage [1; animated].
Afterwards, Kaeli goes down for the count. Her mother magically appears at the worst possible moment, as if all her fears about the danger of coming were suddenly confirmed. They deduce that only the Elixir, a rare item in a cave to the north, can heal her. Armoiree volunteers to retrieve it for her, obviously in hopes that tonight he'll get a little bit of lovin' in return [2, animated]. Kaeli offers Armoiree her axe to assist him in his quest of going two blocks away, which he accepts with glee. The ladies disappear, leaving Armoiree to his own devices, which include helping the deforestation epidemic in any way he can [3].
Halfway to the Sand Temple, Armoiree comes across an arena in the middle of the forest [4]. Inside he goes through ten grueling rounds of solo monster battles. One thing that's interesting is that the Mad Plants are weak to his shiny new axe. He chops through nine rounds of trees and frogs. Armoiree prepares for a tough fight for the title of Level Forest Arena Champion.
A grin escapes his lips as he gazes upon his final enemy... [5].
(I've got everything up to the first Crystal taken, I'm just gonna stop here for now and do some laundry. Be back later ;))

Exdeath
08-01-2008, 09:56 PM
Im off to a friends house, so I will also be off for a while.

Denmark
08-01-2008, 10:52 PM
Water Crystal obtained!

Does this mean I'm already halfway done with this game? That'd be good cause I'd like to finish it before I go to bed tonight.

Xalioniaf
08-01-2008, 11:22 PM
Having managed to commit Genocide on the beast population of the Level Forest, Armoiree arrives at the Sand Temple [1]. Upon entering, he find that (surprisingly enough) the temple is completely devoid of life. Of course, this all makes sense when he realizes that there's nothing here. The chest is also (now not terribly surprisingly) empty, as it is soon revealed that the great Treasure Hunter Tristam has looted the goods before Armoiree [2]. It's also revealed that Armoiree is, in fact, a stupid brat, as he quips that he can't afford Tristam's exuberant for the Elixir as he only gets 2GP a month for allowance (not that I ever see any of that money come my way. No, that'd be too easy) [3].Tristam puts up a deal: Armoiree assists him with some silly little treasure hunt, and he'll hand over the Elixir at no cost. Armoiree agrees, because it's the only way he can advance the plot.
Together our new Dynamic Duo set out to the Bone Dungeon. Actually, they go to the arena to the west first to endanger more wildlife. [4]
Here we see just exactly how overpowered our characters are. When Tristam can throw his ninja stars and hit toads which are resistant to his ninja stars and STILL kill them, we've got a bit of missmatching going on [5].
After obliterating any source of life by the sea, our heroes make their way to the Bone Dungeon.

Exdeath
08-01-2008, 11:26 PM
Water Crystal obtained!

Does this mean I'm already halfway done with this game? That'd be good cause I'd like to finish it before I go to bed tonight.

I recall there being something after all of the crystals. At least 2 dungeons, not too much.

Xalioniaf
08-01-2008, 11:43 PM
In the first room of the Verb Noun, our heroes come upon fearsome Sand Worms. And that's a misstatement, these sandworms die in one hit like pretty much every other enemy in this dungeon. It's sad to see such staples of Final Fantasy go down so easily. [1; animated] Our Dynamic Duo continues through the dungeon, fending off semi-random encounters in action-packed turn based gameplay.
Sometime later, Armoiree finds a door which is impassable due to rocks blocking the doorway. However Tristam, as prepared as any plot device should be, whips out bombs from nowhere to blow open the doorway. He offers Armoiree fifty bombs for a mere 30GP [2], which Armoiree later realizes is a complete ripoff as there's bombs deeper in the dungeon. Deeper in the dungeon our Dynamic Duo encounters monsters with different sprites than others. These turn out to just be Behemoth and Minotaur clones, but the most amazing thing is how they take more than one hit to kill [3].
In a cave at the very end of the dungeon, Armoiree spots a monster who's sprite is four times the size of any normal monster [4]. Thus, Armoiree and Tristam prepare themselves for what could possibly be an intense battle, most likely preceded by a grand speech by the monster himself [5].
Err... maybe not. Begin battle!

Xalioniaf
08-01-2008, 11:56 PM
Flamerus Rex is a beast. Not only is his sprite four times the size of anyone else, but he's also got three weakened states that our heroes have to trudge through before he goes down [1; animated]. Armoiree's damage is paltry compared to Tristam's, but this is easily remedied by the Quake spell they picked up earlier in the dungeon. And thus, another big bad enemy is taken out purely by spamming.
After Flamerus Rex (re)dies, the Earth Crystal appears [2]. Tristam doesn't care, but then again he's not a Hero of Prophecy. Tristam takes the treasures, including a grappling hook (damnit, I would've preferred that over saving someone who'll probably die later anyway), and hands over the elixir. He then runs off to do whatever thi-... treasure hunters do, forcing our young hero to navigate through the empty Bone Dungeon on his own.
Returning to Foresta, Armoiree prepares for some sweet lovin' from Kaeli for saving her life. Unfortunately, he's shot down when she mentions she can visit Spencer in Aquaria [3](I suppose Aquaa didn't quite work). Armoiree volunteers to go in her steed, secretly plotting to murder this "Spencer" so he can have Kaeli all to himself [4].
And, of course, Kaeli's mother shows absolute gratitude for saving her daughter's life. [5]
Thus ends the Earth Crystal chapter! Now I gotta start playing again...

Roto13
08-02-2008, 12:34 AM
I don't like this game because it's so damn insulting. It was made because Square thought Americans were too stupid for standard RPGs. xP

Exdeath
08-02-2008, 12:40 AM
I don't like this game because it's so damn insulting. It was made because Square thought Americans were too stupid for standard RPGs. xP

Japanese name: "Final Fantasy USA: Mystic Quest". I'm not kidding.

Denmark
08-02-2008, 01:17 AM
I have to say I don't mind this game being very easy.

They could have gotten a bit more creative with the naming though. I mean, Foresta? Aquaria? Fireburg? Whatever the Wind City is called? Come on.

Bahamut2000X
08-02-2008, 02:47 AM
I've been waiting years for EoFF to do this! =D

Best...game...evar!!!

Slothy
08-02-2008, 03:54 AM
I wish I was home and had the time to play along on this one. I don't want to put roms or anything like that on my work computer anyway, but still. I've honestly wanted to play through this game again for the sake of nostalgia. It's the game that got me into RPG's when I was young afterall. Maybe I'll participate in the FFIV one.

Xalioniaf
08-02-2008, 05:27 AM
Question about FFIV next month: Will it be just DS, or can we play any version? And if it's just DS, will we be able to start with a New Game+?
I don't want to restart my game just for next month.

Exdeath
08-02-2008, 05:46 AM
Considering the versions (hard, easy, and American), there will likely be challenges based on your version.

Xalioniaf
08-02-2008, 06:17 AM
Given the choice, I'd probably play the GBA version. I love me some extra dungeons, and it'd be easier to update progress than taking pictures of my DS.

Denmark
08-02-2008, 06:28 AM
I'm at the Lava Dome right now. That's all for tonight. I predict I will finish tomorrow at some point!

Exdeath
08-02-2008, 06:31 AM
I beat the dome, but Im busy tomorrow. So much for finishing first, :(

Xalioniaf
08-02-2008, 06:48 AM
I'm currently about to hit me up some Water Crystal. I've been stopping by all the arenas, and generally grinding away at all the monsters I come across.
Also, take note that the only character that levels up in this game is Benjamin himself, so the all characters level 47 would probably just apply to him.
Right now, though, this game is getting kinda boring. I'm gonna try and get to the moon on FFIV, and leave off anything until tomorrow.

rubah
08-02-2008, 06:52 PM
yay bone dungeon.

I am totally the target demographic for this game as I love being able to exit the dungeons to walk all the way back to foresta for free healing and saving anytime from the menu.

Xalioniaf
08-02-2008, 09:15 PM
Having successfully been turned down by Kaeli, our young Armoiree continues his prophesied quest of prophecy. Come to think of it, we really haven't seen much of Armoiree mourning the loss of the village he was so panicked about at the beginning of the game. Ah well.
On his way to the Focus Tower, Armoiree comes across another Extinction Arena. Of course, here he comes to terms with the very scary notion of DEATH. [1]
It's quite alright, though. Because as it turns out you can just chose to not give up and keep on fighting, after which the game will reset to the start of the fight, thereby removing any leftover difficulty I thought this game would have. Must be a perk of that Hero of Prophecy blood. I know that Heroes of Legend or Warriors of the Crystal don't get to do this restarting crap.
Regardless, due to his suggested immortality Armoiree eventually wipes out another region's monsters and continues on to Focus Tower.
Oh, before I go on. Remember that old man who was stunned by his aging? Turns out it was some spooky virus thing or something affecting everyone who wasn't safely indoors. Regardless, he still doesn't seem quite all there in the head when you talk to him [2]. Who the hell is Mac?
Anyway, at Verb Tower our hero meets a mysterious stranger who seems to have all the answers [3]. Of course, should this follow jRPG convention, he's either the holy sage in disguise or the final boss in disguise. After the stranger disappears, Armoiree does his signature LOL SO FUNNEH shrug [4].
Continuing past the Focus Tower, the young hero comes upon the Libra Noun. Inside, he finds a mysterious girl who he feels compelled to greet. And in the world of Mystic Quest, a friendly greeting means you can be trusted with your close thoughts and feeling immediately [5].

Flying Mullet
08-04-2008, 02:28 PM
I had some time to play over the weekend and continued my most excellent adventure. Hey dude and I cruised through the Level Forest, Bone Dungeon and Wintry Cave. Now Phoebe and I are ready to check out the Ice Pyramid.

Momiji
08-04-2008, 02:55 PM
Question about FFIV next month: Will it be just DS, or can we play any version? And if it's just DS, will we be able to start with a New Game+?
I don't want to restart my game just for next month.

I plan on playing the SNES version, just because it's still my overall favorite (not to mention, it's a lot easier to play on my computer, since I can take screenshots easily). Come to think of it, since all of the releases so far seem to have varying difficulties, the challenges would all have to be different depending on which version you use, right?

Is it September yet? :(

scrumpleberry
08-04-2008, 03:59 PM
Fucking yes. I love this game! Don't think I'll actually participate though - Brawl practise is taking up my gaming time :spin:

Denmark
08-05-2008, 01:54 AM
I was busy the last couple days and it prevented me from playing this amazing game!

Finished the Lava Dome, got Fire Crystal.

rubah
08-06-2008, 06:43 AM
I er, um, you see. . .

How can I change my current weapon x.x; like from bombs to swords or vice versa!

Xalioniaf
08-06-2008, 07:47 AM
L and R.

Flying Mullet
08-06-2008, 02:47 PM
And this is why we need a Mystic Quest section on the front site, to answer questions like this. :chef:

Yar
08-07-2008, 02:10 AM
And this is why we need a Mystic Quest section on the front site, to answer questions like this. :chef:

Just merge it and the I, II, III and V boards together. You'll get an average of one visitor each week! :eek:

rubah
08-07-2008, 06:11 AM
merge the forums with the front site?

INCONCEIVABLE.

Leeza
08-08-2008, 07:48 AM
I'm a bit late. My SNES won't work for some reason I was very disappointed and sad. There are so many memories attached to that little gray box. I tried a ROM, but I hate playing ROMs so I quickly went to eBay and bought a Retro Duo NES/SNES! It came in two days ago and it works quite well and I can play my SNES cartridge. Now I'm happy...sort of. I still want my real SNES to work. :( However, it did include a free game...Captain Skyhawk! Anyone ever play that?

Anyway, I'll post some pics tomorrow. I just got the first crystal and gave whatshername some Elixer. Everyone is happy and I'm off to find Aquaria.

rubah
08-08-2008, 07:50 AM
holy crap the treasures regenerate.

*restocks on arrows*

Leeza
08-08-2008, 07:52 AM
Arrows? I never found any arrows. Stock up on Heals.

rubah
08-09-2008, 03:16 AM
you haven't been to the wintry cave then I guess!

and speaking of saving aquaria, what exactly am I supposed to do with the pillar in the falls basin :D

KoShiatar
08-09-2008, 09:30 PM
I'd like to play this on my PSP, but I don't know how to install the SNES emulator and take screens of it. Anyone can help me?

Leeza
08-09-2008, 11:28 PM
Sorry, Koshi. I have no clue. Here is some of my progress on digital. :cat:

Denmark
08-11-2008, 06:05 AM
Winned the Wind Crystal. What now?

rubah
08-11-2008, 07:17 AM
I don't like this trend of invisible enemies ;.;

Flying Mullet
08-11-2008, 02:34 PM
Winned the Wind Crystal. What now?
Focus Tower for the last time to Doom Castle, silly.

Saber
08-11-2008, 03:57 PM
Here's a brainy idea: Pick up Mystic Quest , the world's first role-playing game especially designed for the entry-level player.
Easy-to-read icons put your head in the game immediatly. Skull-tingling action keeps it there. Then there's constantly changing 16-bit characters and enough heady combat to scramble your synapses.
And a free strategy book offer comes in every box.
All this for just $39.99.
Hey you don't need to be a brain specialist to see what a smart deal that is.

Flying Mullet
08-11-2008, 04:05 PM
Awesome. :)

Do you have a scan of the ad?

Flying Mullet
08-13-2008, 02:33 AM
I took "Hey dude" through Falls Basin and we've started the Ice Pyramid. I'm hoping to have some down time tomorrow afternoon/evening to make it over to Fireburg.

Leeza
08-13-2008, 04:32 AM
I just made it to Fireburg and it's time to take a break. This game is a bit more difficult than I expected. That Ice Pyramid was a bit confusing and I wasted a lot of time in Focus Tower trying to get to places that I couldn't get to yet. :)

Two crystals down, two to go...or is it three? :cat:

oddler
08-15-2008, 03:25 AM
I'm so game. :choc2:

Xalioniaf
08-15-2008, 08:29 AM
I should probably finish this soon. I haven't touched it since my last update, but I still have a wealth of pictures I haven't posted yet.

Leeza
08-15-2008, 03:37 PM
I actually like the battlefields in this game. Get all the fighting over with in one stop instead of being interrupted while you're in the middle of a dungeon maze and then forget which way you were heading when your battle is over with. :)

oddler
08-16-2008, 12:11 AM
Me starting the game at about 11ish last night and beating it today at about 7ish. Less than 10 hours game time.

Anyone mentioned the level up trick on the battlefields yet? :choc2:

Leeza
08-16-2008, 05:15 AM
Level up trick in battlefields? Do tell. :cat:

Congrats on the quick finish. :)

oddler
08-16-2008, 07:44 AM
If you time it to where you gain a level from the last battle in a battlefield that awards you experience for clearing it, you'll gain the normal level and then gain another level simply for being awarded experience. Essentially, you gain 2 levels immediately. :choc2:

Moon Rabbits
08-17-2008, 07:39 PM
I was playing this on a SNES last night but I did not take a picture ; - ;

Flying Mullet
08-18-2008, 04:32 PM
Hey Dude's cruising through the game and finally reached Windia. And the best part is I finally got White in the Volcano (then I get meteor, then flare...) so I can lay waste to enemies with ease. :D

rubah
08-18-2008, 06:35 PM
this game is too long :(

Flying Mullet
08-18-2008, 06:56 PM
Too long? It takes 10-12 hours to complete. How is that too long, Ms. Nano-second-attention-span-lady?

rubah
08-18-2008, 08:14 PM
because I've been playing forEEEEEEEEEEEVER and am only past the ice cave.

Flying Mullet
08-18-2008, 08:38 PM
Now you're just making us look bad for taking so long on this game. :p

Slothy
08-18-2008, 09:34 PM
Now you're just making us look bad for taking so long on this game. :p

Thanks to this thread I broke down and grabbed a ROM two days ago. Despite spending most of my days in class and studying, I'm at the Volcano already. This game really is pretty short and really easy. Still though, the battle music rocks.

Flying Mullet
08-21-2008, 06:43 PM
Hey dude cruised through the Windia area and just flooded the lower lake and freed Captain Mac's boat.

Leeza
08-22-2008, 03:18 AM
I finally made it to Windia. It sure is windy there. :cat:

Leeza
08-28-2008, 04:49 AM
Yay! I'm all done. I'll post some ending pics soon. :)

This is a great game. :)

Leeza
08-31-2008, 05:24 PM
Yes, I'm triple posting. Sue me. You all should be posting more. :cat:

My ending pics.

Roto13
08-31-2008, 05:54 PM
Final Fantasy IV tomorrow maybe?

Flying Mullet
08-31-2008, 08:36 PM
Sometime between now and the 5th.

We'll let you know. :p

Roto13
09-01-2008, 04:46 PM
Say yes. :P This is going to be the first Eyeson Plays I'm going to take part in.

Old Manus
09-01-2008, 05:56 PM
With a possible cameo from me

Roto13
09-05-2008, 05:59 PM
Ok, it's the 5th. Go ahead and start now. I'm waiting.

NeoCracker
09-23-2008, 03:01 PM
Why is this thread still important?

Flying Mullet
09-23-2008, 03:04 PM
Mystic Quest is always important. :smash:

NeoCracker
09-23-2008, 03:07 PM
Can't argue with that logic.

Wish I caught this when it started though. I didn't catch it until like, half the month was over and I was to immersed in new games to join in. ;_;

I demand after my proposed Chrono Trigger version, we do "Eyes on Replays Mystic Quest"