PDA

View Full Version : That wasn't Tea!

Vermachtnis
08-01-2008, 04:46 PM
You ever reach for a drink thinking it was another drink and when it turns out that drink was not the drink you thought it was you gag or have a spit take? Not saying that it was nasty like thinking tabacco spit was pepsi or confusing viniger for juice, normal stuff like just a few moments ago I went for a drink of Tea, but it turns out it was Apple Juice. It wasn't until a few seconds later I remember we don't even have tea.

So have you ever done something like that?

Little Miss Awesome
08-01-2008, 04:56 PM
I've made the mistake of drinking Dandelion and Burdock thinking it was Coke many times, I actually like Dandelion and Burdock now but when I was younger I hated it. I don't actually think many places sell it anymore now though :p

Roto13
08-01-2008, 05:00 PM
Not saying that it was nasty like thinking tabacco spit was pepsi beer

I saw that happen to someone once. It was disgusting/hilarious.

Markus. D
08-01-2008, 05:05 PM
I was told it was lemonade, it was soda water with like 50 gallons of salt in it ;\

Randgris
08-01-2008, 05:26 PM
The juice from the coconut, I often mistake it for water. :eep:

One time I made coffee, I took a pitcher (I thought it was cold water) and put it in my coffee (when I was younger I hate warm coffee). Tastes disgusting... :barf:

Roogle
08-01-2008, 05:39 PM
I have occasionally drank from the wrong can, cup, or glass and drank a warm soft drink rather than a cold soft drink.

Quindiana Jones
08-01-2008, 07:08 PM
Vimto does not equal Grape juice.

Levian
08-01-2008, 07:25 PM
yup:

I woke up one morning, unaware of the fiery hell I was just about to go through. In front of me was a glass of black liquid. "Oh, I didn't finish my coke yesterday" I thought. Oh the stupidity. I expected it to be old, dead, warm coke, so I didn't expect it to taste very good. However, I did not expect it to taste cold, old, pukalicious coffee. I mean who the hell drinks coffee from a glass? WHO? I really want to know. Oh and I don't even like hot coffee, so there's always that. Coffee is for grown ups and people with brown teeth.

Ki Ki
08-01-2008, 07:38 PM
I poured orange juice on ma cereealz once. :chef:

Rengori
08-01-2008, 07:57 PM
I accidently grabbed a can of CheezWiz instead of my soda the other day.

Heath
08-01-2008, 10:35 PM
I've had soda water in the past thinking it was lemonade or still water. I really don't like soda water and I was not impressed.

Zeldy
08-01-2008, 11:31 PM
I have no idea what Soda water is.

My friend offered me some "water" and I innocently took a generous swig and then started retching as the girl laughed and said "actually it's dry gin". :(

Jessweeee♪
08-01-2008, 11:33 PM
I WAS EXPECTING ROOT BEER BUT INSTEAD I GOT COKE THAT WAS VERY FLAT :kaoangry:

Caraliz
08-01-2008, 11:39 PM
I have occasionally drank from the wrong can, cup, or glass and drank a warm soft drink rather than a cold soft drink.
Yeah I don't really drink from the wrong thing unless it's a can. If the glass is clear and I look in it, I will probably decide that it's not a good idea to drink it.

Rostum
08-01-2008, 11:55 PM
I put salt in my coffee once. Was dark and it looked like sugar. Does that count?

BardTard
08-02-2008, 01:53 AM
One time I ALMOST drank my mom's nasty cigarette water. I'm so glad I caught that before I put it in my mouth.

Pouring Rain
08-02-2008, 02:12 AM
Tomato juice doesn't equal a smoothie. Ew.

~*~Celes~*~
08-02-2008, 02:24 AM
I ordered coke and they gave me rootbeer. I didn't notice until I drank it cause they're the same color =[

Also once I went to drink what I thought was my coke but it turned out to be very old and very cold coffee. >.o Decaff at that.

Formalhaut
08-02-2008, 02:25 AM
Ugh I hate tomato juice.

Anyway one time, at the day the Torchwood series 2 finale was taking place on BBC 2, I had a half drunken diet Coke can on the table. I left the room for Half an hour, but I forgot all about the drink, so my mom during my absence used the can as her ash tray! She left the room to do something else and I reentered to watch the finale, I saw my drink, took a sip of it and it tasted like ash... :O_O::whaaa::whoa::crying2::barf::yuck::kaosick:

Anyway it was not good.

Zeldy
08-02-2008, 02:35 AM
It surprises me how you all half-drink your drinks and just leave them. I'm like the opposite, if I get a drink I won't put it down till I finish it. It's no wonder I get drunk so quick xD

rubah
08-02-2008, 02:48 AM
<a href="http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-chat/116983-mistaken-identity.html">yeah, actually</a>

Rantz
08-02-2008, 10:29 AM
My mum once served us white wine when we were kids in the belief it was lemonade. All of us went ewwww except one of my cousins who said "hey, this is really good!"

Jess
08-02-2008, 02:57 PM

Consider yourself lucky! :jess:

I ordered a half pint of carlsberg from a pub, and tasted it and it was a shandy. Shandy makes me gag it's so disgusting. :(

Xander
08-02-2008, 03:48 PM
Ha, once I saw this thing in the freezer that looked like frozen coca cola icecubes, so I put them in a drink, only it turned out to be frozen gravy my mum was storing XD ewww.

Heath
08-02-2008, 03:59 PM

Carbonated water. According to Wikipedia: In the US, carbonated water was commonly known by the name of soda water until World War II.. Apparently I'm even further behind the times than I thought I was.

Cleric
08-02-2008, 05:14 PM
One time I ALMOST drank my mom's nasty cigarette water. I'm so glad I caught that before I put it in my mouth.

Yeah, some jerk put their cigarette swill water next to my drink once and I totally drank the swill water...it was fantastic naht

Calliope
08-03-2008, 12:08 PM
Ha, once I saw this thing in the freezer that looked like frozen coca cola icecubes, so I put them in a drink, only it turned out to be frozen gravy my mum was storing XD ewww.

Ahahahaha Xander!

I spent a good minute grappling with my bottled drink trying to get the lid off today, only to realise that the lid was already off =/.

Quindiana Jones
08-03-2008, 12:46 PM
Someone pranked me once by mixing salt into my glass of water whilst I was away for a few minutes. But, in order to save face, I just drank it like normal water I did my best not to look like bleurgh. 'ave it, bitches.

Tasura
08-03-2008, 12:46 PM
So, there was a bottle of water in the fridge, so I took a biiig swig, turns out it was 55% moonshine.

Blue Harvest
08-04-2008, 10:42 AM
I once put beer in a coke can and my mother drank it. The look on her face was priceless.

Formalhaut
08-04-2008, 08:40 PM
It surprises me how you all half-drink your drinks and just leave them. I'm like the opposite, if I get a drink I won't put it down till I finish it. It's no wonder I get drunk so quick xD

We are all very forgetful when it comes to minor things.

So, there was a bottle of water in the fridge, so I took a biiig swig, turns out it was 55% moonshine.

What the hell is Moonshine?

champagne supernova
08-04-2008, 09:08 PM

We are all very forgetful when it comes to minor things.

Well, I could be wrong, but I believe Moonshine is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era.

Tasura
08-05-2008, 02:10 AM

There are different fermentation methods and recipes, but essentially, pure alcohol made from sugar, water and yeast =D.