PDA

View Full Version : Buyer's Nerves

Rye
08-02-2008, 12:03 AM
I just bought myself a new laptop. I'm sure it'll be great, since I got to pick the parts to go into it, but I still have jitters since paying $1000 is a lot of money at my age! Hoping for the best! :flounder:

Do you get buyer's nerves often?

Cz
08-02-2008, 12:23 AM
All the time. Whenever I spend a large amount of money on anything non-essential I have to think for ages about whether or not it's worth the purchase. It's not even that I can't afford the stuff, it's just that I keep thinking about all the other stuff I could be buying with the money and whether or not that'd be more satisfying. With the £200 I spend on a new games console, I could buy seven or eight games for one I already have, for instance. God knows how long it'll take me to finally decide on something big like a car. xD

Croyles
08-02-2008, 12:26 AM
Always! To the point where I spend about 5 hours on the internet to research everything before I buy anything over 50pounds.
Just like Cz, its not actually stuff I cant afford either, well apart from my TV.

With my TV, I spent 4 months of searching!!! But that didnt do me any good because I just got lucky with Amazon in the end (wrong price tag for a few days, bought it on just the right day ^^).
It still made me broke though :(

Aerith's Knight
08-02-2008, 12:28 AM
I'm gonna buy a $1800 computer tomorrow. But it's the third time I've done so.. so not really.

Formalhaut
08-02-2008, 12:40 AM
I don't buy many things ( Being a child and having no money....)

The things I do buy are fairtrade Chocolate bars, Lucozade energy drinks and when I DO go to the town center I buy a game and perhaps somethings else.

So "Buyers Nerves" is not a problem for me.

Caraliz
08-02-2008, 12:47 AM
I don't buy much seeing as I don't have any money. But I often get buyers remorse when I spend all the money I actually manage to get my hands on. It sucks. I like having spare money in my wallet or bank account just in case.

Yar
08-02-2008, 12:58 AM
I don't get nervous before purchase as much as I get remorseful after purchase.

I regret spending money often, especially on things I really don't need when I should be buying things like gasoline.

BardTard
08-02-2008, 01:14 AM

I regret spending money often, especially on things I really don't need when I should be buying things like gasoline.

Same here. I really should be saving up my money for important things but I always end up blowing it all anyway. I can't feel too bad though, cus the things I buy are always very cool.

Balzac
08-02-2008, 01:15 AM
I have been known to spend upt £2000 on a guitar.

Vermachtnis
08-02-2008, 01:53 AM

Me too! As someone who likes to own stuff just for the sake of owning it, not that I'm some rabid collector who keeps his toys in mint condition. I mean if I can't take them out and have them fly around going Pew Pew what's the point of having toys? So, yeah I get worried after I buy stuff. But I figure as long as I don't go over 50 USD I shouldn't get to bent out of shape.

o_O
08-02-2008, 02:25 AM
But I often get buyers remorse when I spend all the money I actually manage to get my hands on. It sucks. I like having spare money in my wallet or bank account just in case.

I get this all the time because I impulsively spend my money on things I only slightly want. :p

~*~Celes~*~
08-02-2008, 02:27 AM
I only get nervous if it's a gift for someone because I'm afraid they might not like it =[

Formalhaut
08-02-2008, 02:30 AM
I get that too celes, Thing is, im often so out of pocket I can't AFFORD a gift...

rubah
08-02-2008, 03:27 AM
I hate wasting money. I have made many returns.

I kinda got nervous yesterday at jc penny's buying some pants, but it turned out that they fit really well so it worked out fine.

Caraliz
08-02-2008, 05:00 AM
But I often get buyers remorse when I spend all the money I actually manage to get my hands on. It sucks. I like having spare money in my wallet or bank account just in case.

I get this all the time because I impulsively spend my money on things I only slightly want. :p
I know, right? That happens to me too. I think I really want it but once I leave I'm like "well... this sucks, I wish I had that 20 dollars back." and usually I'm too lazy to return to the store :p

once I spent $60 on a watch that was crappy. I vowed to never make stupid un-researched purchases again.

Exdeath
08-02-2008, 05:40 AM
I get really worried that whatever I buy is a "same price, lower quality" type.

Hambone
08-02-2008, 09:21 AM
Nope, never have. But I do jump up and down everytime I get something over $100.

Calliope
08-03-2008, 10:39 AM
Sortof; but it's a certain kind of spending. I plan to resolve this very soon.

Quindiana Jones
08-03-2008, 01:03 PM
Can I have your old one, Rye? :)

Slothy
08-03-2008, 01:42 PM
Never.

And anyone who gets nervous before purchasing something, take the time to research it and decide if you really want it. For those who worry after buying it then just go on the internet and find reviews and opinions that confirm buying it was a good idea. Lot's of people do that. :p

Randgris
08-03-2008, 05:51 PM
I don't have a job (yet) but I am getting a bit anxious on how I would spend my money. I've been very vain lately so my guess is I'm gonna spend it on vanity products. But its my money so I don't really care what other people say. I'm just gonna put 10% of it away, so just in case...

Besides if you worked hard to earn your money, its not bad to indulge yourself with non-essential stuff once in a while. As long as it makes you feel good and whatever you spent it on will be used, go on purchase. Its YOUR money anyway.

Breine
08-03-2008, 06:18 PM
It happens to me from time to time. Especially when I'm in a CD/DVD shop called Stereo Studio - I always buy something in there, and it's often several items.

But y'know, being the richest person at the graveyard is not much fun.. if you know what I mean.

Psychotic
08-03-2008, 06:23 PM
Nope. I'm really not much of a spender so when I do, it's usually for a good reason.