PDA

View Full Version : Eyes

Rye
08-03-2008, 04:09 PM
I have terribly eyesight. My eyesight is so bad that my eye doctor explain to me that I'm in the last level of vision before I start to become blind. Also, my corneas are inflamed, so I can't wear contacts for a few days, I miss my contacts so dearly.

Do you have a decent eyesight?

Ko Ko
08-03-2008, 04:13 PM
15/15

Tama2
08-03-2008, 04:14 PM
I can only read the big E without my glasses. :[

Momiji
08-03-2008, 04:16 PM
I have terrible eyesight, but not as bad as yours, Rye. I've been wearing glasses since first/second grade, and I will until the day I die. It's fine, since I like them.

Note: Without glasses, I can't read anything unless it's 6 inches or so from my face.

Vermachtnis
08-03-2008, 04:20 PM
I'm farsighted and do to some weird shape of my eyes contacts are outta the question. It's not really noticeable and I don't mind wearing glasses. Like Momiji, I've had them since elementary school and willl probably have them til the day I die.

scrumpleberry
08-03-2008, 04:21 PM
It's alright, I'm slightly short-sighted. I need glasses for the computer and watching TV otherwise my eyes get tired. I also have a very slight astigmatism. I can't draw straight lines :kaocry2:

Balzac
08-03-2008, 04:22 PM
I only need glasses for reading and using my pc.

ljkkjlcm9
08-03-2008, 04:25 PM
I wear glasses most of the time. I know I look better without them. I tried contacts for a little while, but I find glasses much simpler to take care of and deal with. Plus I can see well enough without them, to take them off to play sports and such. I also never wear them when playing my DS or reading.

THE JACKEL

Formalhaut
08-03-2008, 04:26 PM
I have bad eye sight myself, not to your degree Rye ouch nearly blind.

I have to wear glasses all the time. When I don't everything is fuzzy, except things near me as im short-sighted.

Momiji
08-03-2008, 04:30 PM
I wear glasses most of the time. I know I look better without them. I tried contacts for a little while, but I find glasses much simpler to take care of and deal with. Plus I can see well enough without them, to take them off to play sports and such. I also never wear them when playing my DS or reading.

THE JACKAL

I had contacts for a week and hated them. My eyes were irritated the whole time, I could never get the stupid things to stay in, and they fell out of my eyes a lot, which led to embarrassing searches at least twice a day at school. Not to mention, they were always blurry.

Glasses are so much better.

crono_logical
08-03-2008, 04:31 PM
My eyesight seems worse after sitting in front of the computer all day, it then takes longer to focus on distant things :p

Aerith's Knight
08-03-2008, 04:32 PM
-1/-1

So only for driving.

Quindiana Jones
08-03-2008, 04:40 PM
I'm pretty sure I have above 6/6 eyesight, but it's not worth the time and effort to find out exactly what's up. 6/6 is good enough for me.

Tallulah
08-03-2008, 05:16 PM
I'm fairly sure I'm legally blind without my glasses! :p

Goldenboko
08-03-2008, 05:41 PM
I have pretty good eyesight (I think I'm 15/20 either that or 20/20 :o).

I do know that if my eyes work like my parents then when I become about 40 something I will need glasses :O

Tavrobel
08-03-2008, 05:45 PM
I'm fairly sure I'm legally blind without my glasses! :p contacts. No smiley.

Rye
08-03-2008, 06:13 PM
-1/-1

So only for driving.

Jealous. xD

I'm -8/-9, I think.

Breine
08-03-2008, 06:21 PM
-1/-1

So only for driving.

Jealous. xD

I'm -8/-9, I think.

Have you thought about laser surgery or something like that, Rye?

Anyway, I'm -3.75/-3.50 I think..? - so, it could be worse. Still sucks having to rely on either contacts or glasses, though.

Raebus
08-03-2008, 06:24 PM
My optician said my eye sight is perfect. :cool:

Fonzie
08-03-2008, 06:39 PM
-1/-1

So only for driving.

Jealous. xD

I'm -8/-9, I think.

Yeah, we have the same eyes apparently.

Rye
08-03-2008, 06:52 PM
Have you thought about laser surgery or something like that, Rye?

Oh man, you should have seen me last night. xD

I was researching into laser eye surgery and discussing it with Huxley, but then as soon as I saw that the doctor has to use a knife at first on your eyes, and you're wide awake the whole time, I had a bit of a break down. I was literally shaking and crying at the thought of it. I wouldn't do it for a million dollars.

I'd rather pay immense bills for special lenses because of my eyesight than go through that. D:

Ki Ki
08-03-2008, 07:16 PM
I wish I needed glasses. They're so sexy and sophisticated looking. :aimsun:
Not those ones that change in the sun though. Those are so silly looking!

Caraliz
08-03-2008, 08:54 PM
everyone in my nuclear family wears glasses. my mom didn't when she was younger but in her older age she has to wear glasses to read. my dad, brother and sister have been wearing glasses since they were little, not that i remember, as i am the youngest. but when i was younger (about 6) i pretended not to be able to read the chalkboard so i went to an eye doctor. turns out i have perfect vision. what a bummer, eh? i'm glad i never got them though, some people look so tacky with them.

Zeldy
08-03-2008, 09:43 PM
I have perfect vision as far as I know ;o

Aerith's Knight
08-03-2008, 09:56 PM
-1/-1

So only for driving.

Jealous. xD

I'm -8/-9, I think.

Holy moley! Doesn't that mean you can hardly find the lenses?

Anyway, I'm pretty much the only physics student that doesn't have to wear glasses or lenses to.. you know.. see.

Shlup
08-03-2008, 10:33 PM
I'm a little bit nearsighted. I don't wear my glasses very often though.

Comet
08-03-2008, 11:24 PM
My eyesight is quite extraordinary as it allows me to see things which are not able to be seen with the naked eye.

Hazzard, on the other hand...

Heath
08-04-2008, 12:29 AM
Only recently got glasses. My eyesight is -1.25/-1.50 according to my prescription. My distance vision has gotten a lot worse over the past year or so and I was genuinely quite concerned. Anything near me is absolutely fine, but I would definitely need glasses to drive.

Iceglow
08-04-2008, 12:56 AM
According to my last eye test, I have 20/20 vision, how I have this considering I use computers and consoles all the time is beyond me. I believe I might need a new eye test soon and will be surprised if I don't come away with glasses or contacts this time.

Faris
08-04-2008, 01:00 AM
I didn't get a number :( My eye doctor said that I have "vision like a hawk" so I'll go with that.

Quindiana Jones
08-04-2008, 01:03 AM
Is your eye doctor Old Barry from down the pub? What kind of doctor just goes "Yeh've got vision like a hawk!" and then (as I have imagined it) stumbles drunkenly out the room, hiccoughing the whole way out, then watching as a random female walks past him before smacking her on the arse and falling over? That is literally the best thing I have read in the past 24 hours. xD

Leen-Leen
08-04-2008, 01:07 AM
I've no idea what eyesight I have, but it's not good. I can barely see in front of me. I think I have like ... -3 or something like that? I saw a -3 somewhere in my prescription last time I went to the eye doctor. xD

Jojee
08-04-2008, 01:37 AM
I can only read the big E without my glasses. :[

I can't even read the big E. xD

I have terrible, god-awful vision.

Kes
08-04-2008, 03:52 AM
-4/-4.5 according to my contacts boxes. Probably a bit worse than that since I got them a year ago and my eyes hate me.

I only wear contacts for fencing (well, and any other time glasses would be a super annoyance). Other than that, I'm always in glasses. Though my vision for close things is a bit better than most people's.

The worst is when I take out my contacts and then forget where I put my glasses and have to search for them almost blindly.

Kirobaito
08-04-2008, 03:58 AM
-3.75, -4.25 is my prescription, but it's worse than that. I need stronger contacts than what I've got right now.

I started wearing glasses in 3rd grade, changed to contacts in 9th grade. I still wear my glasses occasionally, mainly on weekends when I don't want to put in my contacts.

When my prescription stabilizes I want to get LASIK. I don't like putting in contacts and don't like wearing glasses.

rubah
08-04-2008, 05:46 AM
no, I can see.

for objects close up, putting on stu's glasses makes me feel like I'm looking at those 3-d pop-out images, but for far off distances, it just makes them harder to see (stars for example).

Since he needs his glasses to see far off (like for driving), I suppose that means my vision is fine!

o_O
08-04-2008, 06:01 AM
I'm -7 in both eyes and I've worn contacts since age 7, and they're pretty much an autonomous part of my day now. I put them in before I get out of bed and take them out after I go to bed. :p

I'm gonna get laser surgery too, a knife on my eyeballs for a few minutes is a small price to pay for half a life of good vision. :p

Shoeberto
08-04-2008, 06:35 AM
I'm nearsighted, I don't know the rating but it's not really terrible. I can drive and stuff without glasses, especially in familiar areas, though if I was asked to read street signs and such I'd be pretty much outta luck. I generally always wear them to classes because I really regret it if I don't (though sometimes I just forget to put them on). Around the house usually they're off, unless I'm watching something intently or am on the computer and am getting a headache - putting them on usually helps alleviate eyestrain-induced headaches for me, which is pretty nice.

I don't like the idea of contacts and glasses don't bug me so I'll probably just stick with them unless my sight gets really bad. Then I might consider surgery.

For other glasses-wearers: Do any of you ever get blotches on your lenses that won't come off with normal lens cleaner? Do you know any way to get rid of them? It's happened on both pairs of glasses I've owned and it bugs the crap out of me, but so far I've yet to find a remedy.

Yar
08-04-2008, 07:28 AM
Rye. :(

I think my left eye is 20/20 and my right is 20/30. I have no need for corrective lenses of any kind. I definitely don't take my eyesight for granted, because I have like three friends who are blind in one eye.

CloudDragon
08-04-2008, 07:32 AM
My eyes are pretty bad. I'm -7.50 in both eyes. I've had glasses since the 4th grade and contacts since the 6th grade.

I've considered the Lasik Eye Surgery but I may wait a couple years or so for a better procedure to emerge.

Jiro
08-04-2008, 07:53 AM
I have fairly good vision, but sometimes they go bad and I blink like once every 3 seconds.

Rase
08-04-2008, 07:55 AM
I'm -7.50 in one eye and -8.50 in the other. I can see about four inches before things start to get blurry. Been wearing glasses since 2nd grade, then got contacts in 7th.

Misfit
08-04-2008, 09:04 AM
My eyes are reeeeeeeeeally bad! n_n

I wanna get laser vision, but I'm lazy and stuff so I probably never will. :smash:

Blue Harvest
08-04-2008, 10:19 AM
I need glasses for everything :(

Cloudane
08-04-2008, 03:46 PM
Sorry to hear about your sight, Rye.

I'd probably regard it as my most important sense, it must really suck to lose it... I suppose you'd just adapt and move forward, there are some people who have made impressive achievements despite blindness.

My vision was perfect until a few years ago... nowadays I'm a little short sighted but it's only really noticeable in low light (when your eyes have less depth of field) or when really tired. So I wear glasses for driving unless it's bright and sunny, and for watching TV at night. But not the rest of the time.

For other glasses-wearers: Do any of you ever get blotches on your lenses that won't come off with normal lens cleaner? Do you know any way to get rid of them? It's happened on both pairs of glasses I've owned and it bugs the crap out of me, but so far I've yet to find a remedy.

Use a microfiber cloth, most opticians sell them as a "premium" lens cloth or whatever, or lots of other places sell them (you want the glass type, which is very smooth). They're probably grease based marks, which microfibers kind of 'absorb', works great.

Coma
08-04-2008, 03:52 PM
I have a lazy eye. My left eye is fantastic while I'm all but blind in my right eye. My friends exploit this to great effect.

Marshall Banana
08-04-2008, 04:44 PM
Jeremy, Tiki, and I will take care of you when you go blind, Rye-chan!

I'm nearsighted, and I hate wearing glasses. Today I visited an eye doctor and picked out new glasses, though.

Sergeant Hartman
08-04-2008, 05:19 PM
My sight is pretty amazing.

mooglebunni608
08-04-2008, 05:30 PM
I've had glasses since the second grade. They're a pain, but it's better than repeatedly slamming my shoulder into the wall because I can't see it!
I actually just got contacts last month. For the first week they were like 'Aghhh my eyes they BURN' and then all of a sudden they felt fine. I'm really happy with them <3

Jess
08-04-2008, 05:52 PM
I am shortsighted, but my eyesight is not awful. I don't need to wear my glasses to read close up, and use my laptop and such - infact, my eyes feel funny if I do.

I wear my glasses for driving, and watching TV. I also wear them if I'm in a place I'm not familiar with and need to read lots of signs. :jess:

Brennan
08-04-2008, 06:11 PM
I have 20/20 so woo for me or whatever

Rye
08-04-2008, 06:47 PM

I'm nearsighted, and I hate wearing glasses. Today I visited an eye doctor and picked out new glasses, though.

Ohhhh, Monda-chan. <33 Can I wear the ichigo glasses to hide my blind eyes? &hearts;

A correction, I'm mildly less blind than I thought! I'm -8/-8! But they won't give me contacts above -7 because if they give me my real prescription, apparently, I'll be -10 by next year! D:

-7 is good enough anyway.

Peegee
08-05-2008, 03:59 AM
My eyesight is so bad that it explains my disturbing online persona and it means that 100% of the posts I make that are sensible are just coincidence

lolasl hobbitsex?

Lawr
08-05-2008, 05:21 AM
There is nothing wrong with my eyesight at the moment. I've got the full 20/20. I think.

Momiji
08-05-2008, 05:58 AM

Glasses are so cute though! How can you not like wearing them? D:

Big D
08-05-2008, 06:56 AM
I've got terrible short-sightedness, roughly the same in each eye. I switched from glasses to contacts about twelve years ago, and it's been great. Very convenient and practical compared to glasses, if you're active and physical. I still wear glasses often enough, but usually just at night or in the morning.

Without correcting lenses, I can barely count my own fingers at arm's length, and can't see details such as eye colour even if I'm standing close to someone.

Araciel
08-05-2008, 08:49 PM
I have perfect eyesight. If I didn't, my chosen career would be closed to me.

Jojee
08-05-2008, 08:56 PM
I'm a -6.75 or so for glasses, and I use -6.25 contacts. o_o I'm surprised to see so many people with vision the same or worse than me here. I've considered laser eye surgery, but only for a second because yeah, I can't stand the thought of going through the procedure ajksfhjh omg scary. @_@

Big D
08-05-2008, 09:04 PM
I'm gonna get laser surgery too, a knife on my eyeballs for a few minutes is a small price to pay for half a life of good vision. :pAre you sure that laser surgery can fully correct your vision? Sometimes, the laser treatment's only able to improve a patient's eyesight, meaning correcting lenses are still necessary. I'm sure you know better than I how good your eyes are, but it's still good to be aware of the limitations of laser surgery.

Mogi
08-06-2008, 01:45 AM
20/200
DX

I just got glasses a few months ago, and, now, I don't know how I ever lived without them.
After about six inches to a foot, everything gets super blurry.
>.<

Jessweeee♪
08-06-2008, 06:11 AM
20/200
DX

I just got glasses a few months ago, and, now, I don't know how I ever lived without them.
After about six inches to a foot, everything gets super blurry.
>.<

I'm about the same ;_;

Mittopotahis
08-06-2008, 07:13 AM
A year ago I thought I had close to perfect vision. Meaning I could see stuff. Then one day I put on my friend's glasses and that stuff looked less blurry! I'm a touch short-sighted, so anything beyond about five meters gets a bit blurry. I do have glasses and I wear them so I can see powerpoints in lectures and occasionally to drive. But I can see fairly well without them. =D

Marshall Banana
08-06-2008, 07:37 AM

I feel weird when I wear them!

Jessweeee♪
08-06-2008, 08:20 AM

I feel weird when I wear them!

I feel weird when I DON'T wear them. Seeing as I wear them every second I'm awake and conscious!

Randgris
08-06-2008, 08:49 AM
I think I have good eyesight. But I do have a pair but it had no grade whatsoever.